Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why 6 straight defeats might not be a disaster!

Please believe me, I have thought long and hard about this.

It might just force certain issues.

Like encouraging certain parts of the crowd to finally turn against Delia and start the Smith Out chants at games........at last!.

It would almost certainly finish Roeder as a manager here, I''m sick to the back teeth of seeing our own players left out or dropped in favour of the loanees..........plus players played out of position.

Yes, its sad to almost want this to happen, and I don''t...................but I think its going to happen anyway![:''(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Like encouraging certain parts of the crowd to finally turn against Delia and start the Smith Out chants at games........at last!.

It would almost certainly finish Roeder as a manager here, I''m sick to the back teeth of seeing our own players left out or dropped in favour of the loanees..........plus players played out of position.

Yes, its sad to almost want this to happen, and I don''t...................but I think its going to happen anyway![:''(]

[/quote]

And where does that get us,Wiz?

Your thinking is based on ,firstly,your antipathy to Roeder,which I understand,and,secondly, the assumption that Cullum will ride to the rescue if Delia is toppled. If the second assumption is wrong,and I see no evidence to make me believe its right, we end up in administration, end of story.

That''s too big a risk for me,and,I suspect,for most others on here.

Another new low on here.

I will just say once again that where as it''s pointed out time and time again to me that anti-board doesn''t mean anti-club, surely anti-board, anti-manager and anti-players does?

I am not sure losing six on the spin will change anything, except put us in more **** at the bottom of the table.

I am not pro board, but I still want the team to win, so could never back you with this theory!

[quote user="Paulo"]

I am not sure losing six on the spin will change anything, except put us in more **** at the bottom of the table.

I am not pro board, but I still want the team to win, so could never back you with this theory!

[/quote]

I don''t want it Paulo, I just think it will happen.[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Paulo"]

[/quote]

I don''t want it Paulo, I just think it will happen.[:(]

[/quote]

Clever play on words there Wiz.. you just almost want it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Another new low on here.

I will just say once again that where as it''s pointed out time and time again to me that anti-board doesn''t mean anti-club, surely anti-board, anti-manager and anti-players does?

[/quote]

I agree nutty and as i said before, i see it as you can only do a job with the tools provided. Some blame the Board [as i do], some the Manager and some the Players and i''d except peoples opinion on one or even two of the above, but all three doesn''t make sense to me.

[/quote]

Wizard, do not delude yourself into believing that because you have thought long and hard about something that it has caused you to arrive at an intelligent conclusion. Your track record suggests you will change your mind as easily as the wind changes direction. That, in itself, hardly suggests you are made of the stuff to provide intellectual leadership to persuade others. If you were a politician seeking votes, given your history of inability to form a view based upon long-standing principles or convictions, you would need to claim you are a LibLabCon. That probably appeals to you....I can see you driving through the streets of Norwich in your 1950''s Vauxhall with a megaphone....."Vote for me, 1st Wizard, the all-seeing one, the first LibLabCon in history. I will change my mind to whatever it takes to get your vote." 

I''ve asked before and I''ll ask again not expecting an answer from Wiz as usual. When we have hounded the present board out,then what?

They leave and the club goes into administration along with a massive points deduction and the sale of the few players we do have and we would more than likely drop a division.

Why would any fan want that? What then.

Where is your knight in shinning armour?? Because I can''t see him.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

I''ve asked before and I''ll ask again not expecting an answer from Wiz as usual. When we have hounded the present board out,then what?

They leave and the club goes into administration along with a massive points deduction and the sale of the few players we do have and we would more than likely drop a division.

[/quote]

Cue tired (and baseless) argument that our lifelong fan only failed to make an offer because wicked Delia was nasty to him and hurt his feelings.

[/quote]

We were in a similar postition last season and where did it get us, as for nailing Roeder about loan players if he hadn''t signed Ched Evans on loan we would have been straight through the trapdoor marooned with Colchester and Scunthorpe. The bare facts are the sum total of the players we own and have owned recently (minus loanees) would have us in trouble. Players that Grant and Worthington signed did not repay the faith shown in them and players have been brought in on loan to add competition and in some cases replace. I agree I would rather we owned all our players and didn''t have to loan players but this is a utopian view that will never happen unless there is proper money.

If this happens as you say with 6 defeats and relegation we will be a good candidate to be the next Rotherham, Luton or Bradford dropping through the divisions with poor attendances and even less money. It may generate a few protests about the board and get rid of the manager, but there are no guarantees of a better future because of it.

[/quote]I want to see 6 straight wins, does that make me a milk supping board apologist or a fan who just wants their team to win? I don''t think it''ll happen but then neither do I think we''ll lose 6 on the bounce.

i have never been a massive board fan but......

They are backing Roeder with what they can afford. Yes, i would love someone to come in and rescue us. But its not gonna happen tomorrow is it.

Yesterday, the accounts reveal we are operating at a loss. Today we see the loan signing of Leroy Lita. No doubt this involved a loan fee and big wages. As would all of the loan signings.

Im not over the moon with all the loanees but i would take short term quality over long term mediocricy anytime.

I do believe they are seeking investment and this takes time......

I most certainly dont hope we lose 6 games on the spin! What a stoooooooooooopid thing to say!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]yeah im with you wiz the club and players dont deserve to be playing infront of 25000 people at carrow road, the way i feel at the minute i would welcome a return to the 14-15000 average we got in the late 90''s. with all this loss in ticket sales it may just force the club to sell quicker.[/quote]yeah beacuse our fans have been a right joy to play in front of these last couple of years........ such an honour for the players to play in front of people who do not appreciate anything and at the first sign of trouble want the board and manager out!

Good post can you sit down please, the board are backing our manager as much as they can, and what club outside the premiership isn''t operating at a loss? even 90% of premiership teams are operating at a loss!

this goes to show you are not a norwich fan, what fan of any club would want there club to lose.

why dont you just go away and read a novel and keep away from norwich city.

again wiz you are [:$]ing

[/quote]

I suppose you could argue for it if it "might just force certain issues" but I wouldn''t be able to put my heart into it even then nor even think long or hard about it.   But that''s just me.

I think my longest no win was Lincoln, 12 games in the season we became the first club to be relegated to the Conference League - one of Lincoln''s very few "firsts" in fact unless you count winning the Lincolnshire Senior Cup five times in a row[:P] (No, didn''t think so).

We also hold the record for getting to the League Two playoffs and not progressing further[+o(]

For all I know you are right in your particular circumstances but, you see, I always hope we are going to win and I''ve endured many a season where I neither agreed/liked the Board, Manager, Players, sometimes all at once but unfortunately (fortunately?) I''ve never been able to influence a single one of them so far as I know.  I have recommended glasses for Refs, of course, but I don''t remember those being acted upon either.

Good luck Saturday anyway.

[/quote]  just a thought. how about we WIN the next six,ALL supporters get behind managers and players, potential investors see a winning,united club that they want a part of. happy days.

[/quote]

You Wiz are an absolute disgrace. Whatever your feelings are about the board to wish this upon ''your team'' is shameful.

What crap are you going to spout next ''relegation may not be so bad''.

Hang your head in shame.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

If the board are "hounded out"why would administration follow? We currently have a board of only 5 members and 40% of those(work it out)have not put one penny into the coffers.There are hundreds of shareholders who have just a big a stake in NCFC as a certain two individuals remaining in the boardroom.

Has it occured to anyone that the current make up of the board may be hindering potential investors?

Nobody has a crystal ball and hindsight is an exact science but this"better the devil you know"attitude and hostility towards the unknown motives of Peter Cullum and i use his name as just an example or anyone with pots of money for that matter is slowly lowering the stature of our club.25,000 crowds,great facilities,the continual pointing fingers at other clubs and stating that we are lucky not to be further in the financial mire like say Southampton,the pee taking at Ipswich at every opportunity is not solving the massive problem that is circling our beloved club.

We are scratching around day to day and i do not see a big picture being painted on or off the field at Carrow Road.

Rant over and this is me not an official NCISA view.

Force issues? I just don''t understand what people want.

The board have put in as much as they can, Roeder has got the best he can with what he has been given.

The board ARE actively seeking and are in negotiations with investor(s) now as they are well aware of the financial limitations. You can''t expect them to divulge information during complex negotiations.

BUT no one seems to want to give anyone a chance. One defeat away and off we go again. All doom and despondancy with no actual alternatives on offer.

Can I suggest humbly an amnesty? Accept that people are trying their best to achieve what we all want and give them a fraction of lea way to achieve it. Demonstrations, chants etc will only serve to put off any potential investment as who in their right mind would walk into a that sort of situation. No I am not a board lover or a Roeder fanatic. Just someone who believes that the board and manager and players want to achieve for their own reasons (money, fame) as much as we want them to achieve. SUPPORT means just that or did everyone enjoy the last turmoil so much that they want to force it again.

Butler "one defeat away and off we go again".Coventry 2 City 0 currently 13th in the table

Southampton 2 City 0 currently 16th in the table

Barnsley 0 City 0 currently 23rd in the table

MK Dons 1 City 0 two divisions below us last season

Beginning to see a picture developing are we?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Your thinking is based on ,firstly,your antipathy to Roeder,which I understand,and,secondly, the assumption that Cullum will ride to the rescue if Delia is toppled. If the second assumption is wrong,and I see no evidence to make me believe its right, we end up in administration, end of story.

[/quote]

How would we end up in administration if Delia is toppled[*-)]?

Surely if she is toppled then that surely means her shares have been bought by someone, a consortium, whoever?  And if this is the case how does this mean we end up in administration? 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How would we end up in administration if Delia is toppled[*-)]?

Surely if she is toppled then that surely means her shares have been bought by someone, a consortium, whoever?  And if this is the case how does this mean we end up in administration? 

[/quote]

No it means she''s walked away leaving knowbody to throw any more cash into the bottomless pit and the club running on auto pilot being overseen by people who are not willing to do it either.

Don''t think I support Delia and MWJ any more than anybody else but I just can''t see where the investment needed is going to come from.

City 0 Birmingham 0 (currently 2nd)

Portsmouth lost to us and went on a great run.

This league is unpredictable as well you know. 2 wins and we are nearly in play offs etc

2 losses and we are relegated. Get a grip. Hounding out what we have when we cant afford to replace at present does not sound like sensible thinking to me.

[quote user="The Butler"]

City 0 Birmingham 0 (currently 2nd)

Portsmouth lost to us and went on a great run.

This league is unpredictable as well you know. 2 wins and we are nearly in play offs etc

2 losses and we are relegated. Get a grip. Hounding out what we have when we cant afford to replace at present does not sound like sensible thinking to me.

[/quote]

Get it right please City 1 Birmingham 1 and i think you mean plymouth