Sign in to follow this  
snakepiter

hoolahan out on loan

i worked in the wildman i got the sack because they thought i was nicking!!! untill a year latter when they caught the culprit... i did get a pint out of it though...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="snakepiter"]Apparently Wes Hoolahan was in the Ribs of Beef on Saturday night and reckons he off to Wolves on loan and if Roader is still here in January he wants out permanatly.They had a big bust up in the dressing room after the Southampton debacle and King Roader wants him out.[/quote]

i know i say it often on this board, and i dont want it to become tired but theres a phrase needed to sum up what you have said.....

Altogether now....

B****CKS!

jas :)

[/quote]Yep that story is about believable as Smudger taking Delia out for lunch to discuss how wonderful a job he thinks she has done.

riiiight lets clear this up. I am good friends with rob eagle and he told me during the game against southampton hoolahan was asked to go on for the last 4 -5 minutes. At the end of the game GR said to him '''' how was that '''' and hoolahan replied '''' what ? you only gave me 4 minutes ''''GR then turned round and said to hoolahan ''''did you just tell me to f**k off?'''' WH - ''''no'''' GR - ''''yes you did''''  WH- ''''no i didnt, but ok F**K OFF'''' This was goin on for about 5 minutes in the changing room. '''' no you f**k off'''' ''''no you fuck off ''''(all the players where trying so hard not to laugh aparently)Eventually GR threw WH bag out side and made him get on the club coach 20 mins before the team got on and made him get changed on the coach.He sat at the back of the coach the whole way home and didnt say a word. mark my words, if GR is still here by January, which i hope to god his is..... Wes Hoolahan wont be.

While I''m sick of the situation and the lack of continuity and hope that Roeder comes good, in all honesty I see more chance of him leaving before the seasons end. - Made too many bad decisions!

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]riiiight lets clear this up. I am good friends with rob eagle and he told me during the game against southampton hoolahan was asked to go on for the last 4 -5 minutes. At the end of the game GR said to him '''' how was that '''' and hoolahan replied '''' what ? you only gave me 4 minutes ''''GR then turned round and said to hoolahan ''''did you just tell me to f**k off?'''' WH - ''''no'''' GR - ''''yes you did''''  WH- ''''no i didnt, but ok F**K OFF'''' This was goin on for about 5 minutes in the changing room. '''' no you f**k off'''' ''''no you fuck off ''''(all the players where trying so hard not to laugh aparently)Eventually GR threw WH bag out side and made him get on the club coach 20 mins before the team got on and made him get changed on the coach.He sat at the back of the coach the whole way home and didnt say a word. mark my words, if GR is still here by January, which i hope to god his is..... Wes Hoolahan wont be.[/quote]

To be honest i think i would laugh at that!! Sorry if that comment upsets anyone but that has made me laugh a lot! Sorry Guys!

It''s a funny story, to be sure.  Not as funny as the idea that Rob Eagle gets anywhere near the first-team changing room, but funny nonetheless.

[quote user="RustysRevenge"]

Speaking of Wes, he''s in the Rep of Ireland B squad for tonights game against Notts Forest.

Seems like a strange match up to me.

[/quote]

The fixture request was circulated to everybody on the FA Circular, including Norwich.

He played the first half by the looks of it but got absolutely no mention in the report on the Forest website.

[quote user="urdie_Canary"]riiiight lets clear this up. I am good friends with rob eagle and he told me during the game against southampton hoolahan was asked to go on for the last 4 -5 minutes. At the end of the game GR said to him '''' how was that '''' and hoolahan replied '''' what ? you only gave me 4 minutes ''''GR then turned round and said to hoolahan ''''did you just tell me to f**k off?'''' WH - ''''no'''' GR - ''''yes you did''''  WH- ''''no i didnt, but ok F**K OFF'''' This was goin on for about 5 minutes in the changing room. '''' no you f**k off'''' ''''no you fuck off ''''(all the players where trying so hard not to laugh aparently)Eventually GR threw WH bag out side and made him get on the club coach 20 mins before the team got on and made him get changed on the coach.He sat at the back of the coach the whole way home and didnt say a word. mark my words, if GR is still here by January, which i hope to god his is..... Wes Hoolahan wont be.[/quote]Sounds like brilliant Man Management.

[quote user="PBTC"]He played the first half by the looks of it but got absolutely no mention in the report on the Forest website.
[/quote]

Apparently he made a "neat pass" to Stokes for the first goal.  Who would have thought it possible?

Anyway, I''m a happy old soul.  As We8wba might say (but won''t) "my Ireland" won.

Republic of Ireland XI 2-0 Nottingham Forest
Caleb Folan 24
Andy Keogh 62

Debutant Caleb Folan made his mark on Republic of Ireland senior manager Giovanni Trapattoni as his first-half goal sent the Irish on their way to a 2-0 victory against Nottingham Forest at Dalymount Park in tonight’s senior challenge match.

Many others laid down a marker of their abilities to the manager on a night when Ireland were dominant at times and could have breached the Forest goal on more than the two occasions.

Trapattoni used all eight substitutes, ensuring that each of the 19 squad members got at least 20 minutes on the pitch to showcase their talent.

Anthony Stokes fashioned the first real chance of note after 17 minutes when he latched onto Caleb Folan’s flicked header and broke free on goal.

But there would be disappointment for the striker as Forest goalkeeper Paul Smith got down brilliantly to stop Stokes’ shot with his legs.

The lead goal arrived on 24 minutes after an intricate passing move by Ireland. Wesley Hoolahan was involved, finding Stokes with a neat pass and from the Sunderland man’s through ball, Folan snuck in behind his marker, took one touch before scoring with a low shot from six yards.

Within sixty seconds, Forest were on the attack down the left flank with Joel Lynch raiding forward from the left-back position.

His whipped-in cross found veteran striker Andrew Cole unmarked but he was flagged for offside.

Three Irish players - Kieran Westwood, Keith Treacy and Shane Long – were brought on at half-time and the latter played a key role in the second goal after 62 minutes.

Andy Keogh was involved in the build-up and the ball made it’s way to the right wing where Long sent in a first-time cross.

Keogh timed his run perfectly to meet with the delivery and tuck his close-range effort wide of Smith.

REPUBLIC OF IRELAND XI: Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe United), Kevin Foley (Wolves), Alex Bruce (Ipswich Town), Darren O’Dea (Celtic), Stephen Ward (Wolves); Andy Keogh (Wolves), Darron Gibson (Manchester United), Keith Andrews (Blackburn Rovers), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich City); Anthony Stokes (Sunderland), Caleb Folan (Hull City).

Substitutions: Shane Long (Reading) for Folan, Keith Treacy (Blackburn Rovers) for Hoolahan and Kieran Westwood (Coventry City) for Murphy (all half-time), Martin Rowlands (QPR) for Andrews and Darren Potter (Wolves) for Gibson (both 55 mins), Eddie Nolan (Blackburn Rovers) for O’Dea (59 mins), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace) for Keogh (63 mins), Owen Garvan (Ipswich Town) for Ward (69 mins)

NOTTINGHAM FOREST: Paul Smith; , James Perch, Luke Chambers, Ian Breckin, , Joel Lynch; Matt Thornhill, Mark Byrne, Aaron Davies, Chris Cohen; Lee Martin, Andrew Cole.

Substitutes: Kevin Wilson, Joe Heath, James Reid, Emile Sinclair, Adam Newbold, Barry Richardson, Joe Garner.

REFEREE: Damien Hancock.

ATTENDANCE: 4040.

Here''s a few more comments from Wes regarding Norwich, he gave these to the Evening Herald here in Ireland.

This is probably the first time in my career that I have been left out. Certainly for the past three years I have been playing week in, week out. Its hard but it makes you realise that you have to work harder and show what I can do. I wasn''t in the squad at all at the weekend - the manager went with a different team.

Its disappointing. The manager brought me in during the summer so I could play and I am not playing at the moment. I don''t know what the managers problem with me is.

He told me that I was at a big club now, that I had to realise that and I needed to work harder. It hasn''t been easy to settle down, I was in and out of hotels but I have found a place of my own. It will be easier to settle in, work harder and show the manager what I can do.

Seems to raise a few interesting questions as to why Roeder signed him in the first place.

Another cheap shot i see, why my ireland? shows your with some people you cant do right without getting moaned at! i havnt even commented on the ireland match have i? so please enlighten me into how this is

MY IRELAND

[quote user="we8wba"]

Another cheap shot i see, why my ireland? shows your with some people you cant do right without getting moaned at! i havnt even commented on the ireland match have i? so please enlighten me into how this is

MY IRELAND

[/quote]

It was intended to be humourous because I''m Irish - it was a play on your use of "my Wolves".[<:o)]

No apology necessary, dear chap.

And may the road rise up to meet your Manager and all that................

This has been posted on the Blackpool message board:

"I think there is something in the Wolves rumour. I''ve already heard this info from a colleague of mine in Norwich who works with a guy who was best man at Adam Drury''s wedding the other week. All those things you''ve posted were coming from Wes and other Norwich players. Apparently Roeder and Wes have had numerous bust-ups over the last few weeks."

Not rock solid info, sorry! But it all seems to be one way traffic.

[quote user="clibit"]

"I think there is something in the Wolves rumour. I''ve already heard this info from a colleague of mine in Norwich who works with a guy who was best man at Adam Drury''s wedding the other week."

Not rock solid info, sorry!

[/quote]

Indeed, especially as Drury got married a few years ago.....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="clibit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

which of course means Adam isnt in touch with his best man anymore doesnt it Pete?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="clibit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

which of course means Adam isnt in touch with his best man anymore doesnt it Pete?

[/quote]

It means the wedding wasn''t "the other week"

still nothing our end, i dont think we in for him to be honest as next game we play kightly and carlos on the wings. hollahan be in the same situation i.e wanting 1st team chance.

If Hoolahan was loaned out to Wolves it would be a sick joke. We''d effectively become Wolves feeder team. I think if it was to happen then Roeder would have serious questions to answer about his own position.

Its a shame if Glen is unable to work with a player who clearly has talent and ability just because he''s had a few disagreements. Hoolahan has a right to be disappointed about being left out on Saturday as it was plainly obvious that OJ Koroma was not comfortable on the left wing. At least with Wes in the side there is less chance of hoof ball and unambitious passing. Two of our best performances this season Birmingham and Plymouth had Hoolahan in the side so why he can''t get a game is beyond me.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Nicely done Pete.  Don''t suppose Archant have heard anything on this?
[/quote]

No plans to have anyone camp out at the Ribs of Beef just yet, no...

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Nicely done Pete.  Don''t suppose Archant have heard anything on this?
[/quote]

[/quote]

would you volunteer if required Pete?

ffs hoolahan is not going to wolves!! why would he go there? especially now they have started there decend down the table to more familiar territory. I dont think roeder would dare let him leave as this would show bad judgement on his behalf, and we all know about roeders ego. i think he will start against bristol city, roeder mentions him still and commentd on him playing for the reserves, when did roeder last comment on chadwick or lappin while they have been in the reserves? he is just giving him a kick up the provibial.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Nicely done Pete.  Don''t suppose Archant have heard anything on this?[/quote]

[/quote]That pub needs a jolly good clean.  Camping outside would be more hygienic frankly.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Nicely done Pete.  Don''t suppose Archant have heard anything on this?[/quote]

[/quote]That pub needs a jolly good clean.  Camping outside would be more hygienic frankly.[/quote]I agree - but compared to the Mischief it''s spotless.