Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy with the Pink Un Pickers.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Well it is my birthday today pinkun pickers so I am feeling like whatever my nap it''ll be a winner. Was sorely tempted by Turkey to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina at home, but instead I''m going for an away win for Spain against the mighty Estonians. Estonia to lose to SPAIN. I really can''t see a sniff of an upset there. Even with Spain''s self destruct button due another press.

[/quote] Well what about that then? Two PUPs with their birthdays on the same day. Would you Christmas Eve it? Sadly I am out of season (so to speak) so it would never happen to me.

[/quote]Poor Kathy. Let us know when you come into season as there are plenty of us PUPs who would love to help. (doggy fashion of course). [:D][/quote]

I reckon we should rename the Free Bet Thread to "Carry On Picking" [~]

Whatever will Arrdee make of this when he gets home [:O]

Looks like the lunatics have taken over the asylum[:-*]

Good job Nurse Ratched is on hand [;)]

Well its about that time.  I want to thank all the pickers for taking the time to put their naps in, it is most appreciated. I''ve given a lot of thought to the picks this week, and came to a few conclusions.  First, I wasn''t going to care about odds or payout.  We want wins and 20 quid to FONCY is better than nothing.  Second, while several naps were from domestic leagues, I was only going to pick Internationals.  Given that you often get more blowouts, and that I didn''t care about payout amount, this week was too good an opportunity to pass up.  The picks I made represent what I believe to be the closest thing to "sure things" as were any of them to lose, it would represent probably the darkest day for that international side.  Because the payouts should be crap, I have chosen a whopping seven games this week.  They are as follows:

Wales Home win over Lichtenistein

Spain away win over Estonia

Greece Home Win over Moldova

England home win over Khazakh (my pick)

Denmark home win over Malta

Ivory Coast home win over Madagascar

Costa Rica Away Win over Surinam

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Well it is my birthday today pinkun pickers so I am feeling like whatever my nap it''ll be a winner. Was sorely tempted by Turkey to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina at home, but instead I''m going for an away win for Spain against the mighty Estonians. Estonia to lose to SPAIN. I really can''t see a sniff of an upset there. Even with Spain''s self destruct button due another press.

[/quote] Well what about that then? Two PUPs with their birthdays on the same day. Would you Christmas Eve it? Sadly I am out of season (so to speak) so it would never happen to me.

[/quote]Poor Kathy. Let us know when you come into season as there are plenty of us PUPs who would love to help. (doggy fashion of course). [:D][/quote]

How low can you stoop Lapp?

Don''t tell me, about a Dachshund [;)]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

Well its about that time.  I want to thank all the pickers for taking the time to put their naps in, it is most appreciated. I''ve given a lot of thought to the picks this week, and came to a few conclusions.  First, I wasn''t going to care about odds or payout.  We want wins and 20 quid to FONCY is better than nothing.  Second, while several naps were from domestic leagues, I was only going to pick Internationals.  Given that you often get more blowouts, and that I didn''t care about payout amount, this week was too good an opportunity to pass up.  The picks I made represent what I believe to be the closest thing to "sure things" as were any of them to lose, it would represent probably the darkest day for that international side.  Because the payouts should be crap, I have chosen a whopping seven games this week.  They are as follows:

[/quote]

Yes , yes absolutely brilliant Newyork , you know you have got them right as I am sure all the other Pickers do , talk about home and hosed , its all about how much we can collect from Dixmar . I fully expect Billy Dixon to say "o k Ray your Picker has got it , I will pay you now before they kick off"....[Y]....arrdee.

Dear oh dear, what I have to put up with to bring you the Free Bet . I had hoped the Free Bet would never come to this....[:(]....arrdee.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy"]

How low can you stoop Lapp?

Don''t tell me, about a Dachshund [;)]

[/quote]

Yes Wass I could mention worm but I wont , Now you lovely old Wass your condemnation of Lapp is all very splendid but who will be the first two Pickers to cosy up together next Friday at the Pickers meet ? Arrr!! now then what about that then Wass ?....[;)]....arrdee.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Now then ardee you lovely old boy, I can assure you I won''t be picking the Gas over the festive period as both fixtures are away and Rovers are woeful away from the Mem. Instead, my selections will be influenced by them at the top of that there league table thing, so you can sleep easy.

Secondly, allow me to fill you in on the reasons behind Rovers bearing the nickname of the Gas (along with the more official tag of The Pirates).

The "Gas" was originally a derogatory name given to the mighty Rovers by them lot South of the river currently punching above their weight in the Championship. This was a reference to the gas works next to the old Bristol Rovers stadium (now the site of an IKEA store) which would waft over the crowd. Rovers'' fans turned this slur on its head however and adopted the Gasheads as their own - a term which is now accepted within the media and the footballing world.

[/quote]

Thanks very much for that wonderful snippet of information Pete you lovely old boy , truly astounding , I.. will of course remember this and yes,,,,yes indeed  thanks ever so much for that . I use to go to the football with a friend who had the same problem,  I would always stand up wind of him but there was no escape for me on the way home in the car . I had to brave it....[:|]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Now then ardee you lovely old boy, I can assure you I won''t be picking the Gas over the festive period as both fixtures are away and Rovers are woeful away from the Mem. Instead, my selections will be influenced by them at the top of that there league table thing, so you can sleep easy.

Secondly, allow me to fill you in on the reasons behind Rovers bearing the nickname of the Gas (along with the more official tag of The Pirates).

The "Gas" was originally a derogatory name given to the mighty Rovers by them lot South of the river currently punching above their weight in the Championship. This was a reference to the gas works next to the old Bristol Rovers stadium (now the site of an IKEA store) which would waft over the crowd. Rovers'' fans turned this slur on its head however and adopted the Gasheads as their own - a term which is now accepted within the media and the footballing world.

[/quote]

Thanks very much for that wonderful snippet of information Pete you lovely old boy , truly astounding , I.. will of course remember this and yes,,,,yes indeed  thanks ever so much for that . I use to go to the football with a friend who had the same problem,  I would always stand up wind of him but there was no escape for me on the way home in the car . I had to brave it....[:|]....arrdee.

[/quote]

Lol

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[/quote]

Best of luck [Y]

Is there a limit on the number of selections that can be made?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[/quote]

Best of luck [Y]

Is there a limit on the number of selections that can be made?

[/quote]

No.

Costa Rica? [:P][:D]Best of luck New York. But I don''t think we''ll be needing luck this week, looks dead on!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Nigel, have you become Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo''s Nest?
[/quote]

"Get them up there Chief" "go on get them up there Chief".

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Well it is my birthday today pinkun pickers so I am feeling like whatever my nap it''ll be a winner. Was sorely tempted by Turkey to beat Bosnia-Herzegovina at home, but instead I''m going for an away win for Spain against the mighty Estonians. Estonia to lose to SPAIN. I really can''t see a sniff of an upset there. Even with Spain''s self destruct button due another press.[/quote]

Many happy returns of the day Muddy , I have only just seen that , I am sure I am speaking for the rest of the Pickers , you lovely old boy , now are you going to celebrate ? If you want you can always get Lappinitup round , that is if you have got plenty of drink that you want drunk....[:D]....arrdee.

My mate is a leeds fan and reckons they have been very good this year.

Leeds v Brighton is my choice.

Good luck lets hope you strike it rich this week lads.

Regards Steve

Yes the bet is on ,thanks to the lovely old Newyork Canary and of course the wonderful Dixmar Racing , not great rewards this week but its more money for Foncy and every little helps , the bet is....

1-6    Wales                  Jimbo

1-5     Spain                   Evil M,Norfolkchance1,Muddy,Mr Bump

2-9     Greece                 Yankee C,Gazza

1-14    England               We8,Trent,Shaun,Obiwan,Devon,Tilly,C Ryan,P''boro,arrdee,Newyork,Paul

1-16    Denmark              Beaker

1-10    Ivory Coast          Newyork

1-3      Costa Rica           Nutty N

Which will win £18-56p for the Academy which is wonderful with such nailed on selections . Now what I want to tell you next week is the first one of the bonus that Dixmar are giving us , which means our winnings are doubled , I will talk more about this later , so once again thanks Newyork a splendid job well done . Good luck all you lovely old Pickers....[Y]....arrdee.

What I meant to mention was that this weeks winnings will take us over £300 with the Free Bet for Foncy....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]What I meant to mention was that this weeks winnings will take us over £300 with the Free Bet for Foncy....[Y]....arrdee.[/quote]

Sorry that should have been £400....[:$]....arrdee.

I also meant to say I hope you are feeling better P''boro you lovely old boy , I know you will feel a lot better if England win this afternoon , a much better tonic than "night nurse" and now I suppose Lappinitup will have to make some silly comment about that . Dear oh dear . I do feel the Free Bet is being brought down to the level of the bawdy "Carry on" scripts as Nutty says, I think we are heading towards the gutter....[:''(]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]I also meant to say I hope you are feeling better P''boro you lovely old boy , I know you will feel a lot better if England win this afternoon , a much better tonic than "night nurse" and now I suppose Lappinitup will have to make some silly comment about that . Dear oh dear . I do feel the Free Bet is being brought down to the level of the bawdy "Carry on" scripts as Nutty says, I think we are heading towards the gutter....[:''(]....arrdee.[/quote]WE''RE ALL DOOMED!  [:''(] [:''(] [6] [um][O][O][O] [ap] [&]

OK, Wales, England and Ivory Coast have won. Denmark winning and Spain, Greece and Costa Rica still to play.  Fingers crossed and we will win train-fare for 1 academy recruit!

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]OK, Wales, England and Ivory Coast have won. Denmark winning and Spain, Greece and Costa Rica still to play.  Fingers crossed and we will win train-fare for 1 academy recruit![/quote]

I was just about to post that myself.  I struggled to find the African and South American scores, funnily enough I found them on FIFA''s website.

3 in the bag, Denmark two up, so barring a disaster that''s 4. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Suriname vs Costa Rica kicks off 8.30pm UK time[:)][/quote]

I have it that we are only waiting for Costa Rica , anyone know the latest score ?  and on a personal note anyone know the Ghana result ?