Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Booing Players

Tis true, that I was inspired to write this because some nuckle draggers booed Curo when he came on against Sheffield Utd (great nutmeg assist Jamie by the way) but this dispicable attitude isn''t something new at Carrow Road is it?

I remember being in the Barclay, much to my shame, when Gunny was being booed by the low life in block D, because they, wait for it, wanted Andy Marshall on instead!.

Booing your own players just isn''t done, even the old wiz has never done that...........not even to the Doc!.

When any City player crosses that white line in a yellow shirt you damn well support them, yes, moan all you like outside and on here, but Carrow Road is sacred turf to me, and should be well above supporters petty favourtisim.

Otherwise, whats the point?[^o)]

Could not agree more, serves absolutely no purpose but to demoralize our own players.

logic says most teams win more at home than away one off the reasons is obviously the crowd behind you, if they are not and against you it must be totally demolizing..

I didn''t hear any boos from the city stand near the dugout so hopefully Jamie didn''t hear them either. Thought he played well when he came on, just desperately needs a goal to boost his confidence.

confidence breeds confidence.. we all know he can score goals hes getting used to the way the new players play as well i dont think hes been given a chance to gell with the oythers yet.

I''ve written on here complaining about that in the past few weeks. 

There was also some guy in the snake pit singing for Huckerby when Hoolihan cam on, fortunately no-one joined in.  (Yes he booed Curo as well)

I can give his seat number if anyone wants it...

Agreed. i have NEVER booed.. not during a game or after.. and not booed an individual player.. it doesnt help... I have ranted and raved as im sure we all have.. but pantomime booing will not help lift spirits....

if Curo had come on and scored then those that booed would of been chanting his name wouldnt they?

jas :)

100% agree booing your own players has never improved their performance. Vent frustrations on these forums but never get ontop of your own team at the ground. I remember watching on TV Sunderland fans boo in the prem a few years back and the players were so on edge they were so frightened to make a mistake they passed to the easiest option every single time.

Booing is totally unproductive and unnecessary,

Booing home players demoralizes the players.

Booing away players tends to spur them to greater heights somehow .

So therefore best not boo at all methinks.

He was being boo''d in the N & P upper a bit. I made a clear point to everyone surrounding me, that if he did have any confidence left, cheers for screwing up our chances of winning the game, cause now he''ll have none. But, good assist from him (:

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Booing is totally unproductive and unnecessary,

Booing home players demoralizes the players.

Booing away players tends to spur them to greater heights somehow .

So therefore best not boo at all methinks.

[/quote]

Plus, booing makes you sound stupid. It''s not panto, for crissakes.

well done wiz a good point.

in the jarrold stand there was some bloke just moaning at everything fozzy done

from the very first minute to the end. i just dont understand some people.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

in the jarrold stand there was some bloke just moaning at everything fozzy done

from the very first minute to the end. i just dont understand some people.

[/quote]

Do you think it''s possible he posts on here King [:O]

I feel sorry for Fozzy, people get blinkered about players playing poorly then think everything they do is wrong, it can happen the other way aswell with players like Rooney where he makes bad decisions but no one wants to see it, chases back rather than staying upfront, gives penalties away, cant control his temper etc etc, eventually you end up with a player who believes he can do what he wants on the pitch. Just as Fozzy may feel the opposite at the min being restricted in what he can do or try by the fans being on at him. Not the best player i know but lets get behind him, we arnt exactly briming with options in centre mid.

Booing is not on. However, a bit of mild heckling never did anyone any harm. I draw the line at throwing rotting vegetables though!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Tis true, that I was inspired to write this because some nuckle draggers booed Curo when he came on against Sheffield Utd (great nutmeg assist Jamie by the way) but this dispicable attitude isn''t something new at Carrow Road is it?

I remember being in the Barclay, much to my shame, when Gunny was being booed by the low life in block D, because they, wait for it, wanted Andy Marshall on instead!.

Booing your own players just isn''t done, even the old wiz has never done that...........not even to the Doc!.

When any City player crosses that white line in a yellow shirt you damn well support them, yes, moan all you like outside and on here, but Carrow Road is sacred turf to me, and should be well above supporters petty favourtisim.

Otherwise, whats the point?[^o)]

[/quote]You are an almighty hypocrite...

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]I think people who boo when their own players come on as subs should have one testicle placed firmly into a vice and squeezed for the duration of their total boos during the match. This would soon eradicate the problem.[/quote]

Hmmm, I think that remedy would possibly have the desired affect on most of life''s hiccups !

But of course the female boo-er would be free from reprisal I assume.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/668642/ShowPost.aspx

Well well well!  Who would have thought it.

[img]http://images.birthdayinabox.com/BIABviewLarger/FlipFlopSSMylBal.jpg[/img]

[img]http://blog.voipsupply.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dunce.jpg[/img]

[img]http://agonist.org/schecter/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/hypocrite.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Er? Chops....how many times did Worthy turn out for us as a player?.......you always have an agenda don''t you?[:|]

[quote user="king canary"]Good point, but I bet you wouldnt have made it if it ewas someone else being booed, say for instance, Doherty?[/quote]

Er? I actually have made this point before king canary........and about other City players!.