Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

HUCKERBY, HUCKERBY,HUCKERBY

I am getting pissed off with people telling me to forget about Huckerby I will never forget about him as I have never forgot about Dale Gordon ,my two favorite all time Norwich players.Anyone who knows anything about football knows it was a big mistake letting him go and we are never going to get anyone better.

Been in decline for two plus years! Surely you must be on bloody drugs mate, check out his last two goals for us against Bristol C and Weds and tell me whos capable of scoring goals like that now?

[quote user="Shaker"]Been in decline for two plus years! Surely you must be on bloody drugs mate, check out his last two goals for us against Bristol C and Weds and tell me whos capable of scoring goals like that now?[/quote]Nobody we''ve got.

[quote user="Jim Duffy"]

Risky, temperamental luxury we can''t afford.

[/quote]

You''re entitled to your view, but does it mean we should forget our best player for over a decade and one of the best of all time?

And why did we let Malky McKie go, and Ewan Roberts too. Like we would be in the Premiership now if we had kept them..... Managers Ego is the answer.

There are so many we should have kept down the years. Why did we not keep Martin Peters another year for example, why did we never give Ruel Fox another go. Stars who would have won another game, given us another thee points. I think there are times when the Board should over rule the Manager..

[quote user="Disco Dale"]The luxury of creating and scoring goals ? Couldnt do with that right now could we ?[/quote]

funny.. i thought we scored a goal yesterday... i must have dreamed it.

jas :)

[quote user="Disco Dale"]I am getting ed off with people telling me to forget about Huckerby I will never forget about him as I have never forgot about Dale Gordon ,my two favorite all time Norwich players.Anyone who knows anything about football knows it was a big mistake letting him go and we are never going to get anyone better.[/quote]

Get over it you weiner! I am sick to death of people banging on about Huckerby and San Jose. The guy is gone.

OK, sorry, but if you want to talk about Huckerby, can you keep it to the Hucks forum. I know blah blah blah we wont forget him, but he doesn''y play for us anymore, let''s se how out new team does, and then we''ll see if we''ve got some new heroes. Duke of Norfolk - good man. On comes the tin hat.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Disco Dale"]The luxury of creating and scoring goals ? Couldnt do with that right now could we ?[/quote]

[/quote]

ONE goal... some fans are so easily satisfied. I guess thats why we continue on our downfall...

Fans will get over Huckerby leaving when they see something worthwhile replace him on the pitch. I can''t sit there and watch a lack luster display against relegation favourites at home without wondering what the hell Roeder was thinking about.

I would never chant his name as that is totally out of order but I''ll get over him leaving when the team does. 

By all means chant the name of a player who was a great servant for the club, but lets be realistic and acknowledge the fact that although the club could have handled it better,  it was time for him to go!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

ONE goal... some fans are so easily satisfied. I guess thats why we continue on our downfall...

[/quote]Funny, I can''t see the bit where he says he''s satisfied with the one goal we''ve scored. Perhaps I''m blind. Or perhaps you''re an idiot.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Funny, I can''t see the bit where he says he''s satisfied with the one goal we''ve scored. Perhaps I''m blind. Or perhaps you''re an idiot.[/quote]LOL

Can anybody honestly tell me that if Hucks was in the squad yesterday we wouldn''t have played him ?

As someone else said I will get over him when they show me some new heroes on the pitch

new heros!,many people seem to have forgotten  that when there was a hope of signing huckerby the board came out with the issuing of shares so the fans could part fund the signing with the war chest fund!,there would be uproar if they tried this stunt for a big man,after all we cough up enough and besides they will end up releasing them to the annoyance of many!

[quote user="barclayboy1902"]new heros!,many people seem to have forgotten  that when there was a hope of signing huckerby the board came out with the issuing of shares so the fans could part fund the signing with the war chest fund!,there would be uproar if they tried this stunt for a big man,after all we cough up enough and besides they will end up releasing them to the annoyance of many![/quote]

And if it wasn''t for the fact that a local Norfolk businessman who wasn''t a Director (who the board unfortunately at the time forgot/failed to mention to the supporters) and who assisted financially - the bringing of Huckerby to the ''Theatre of Screams''......The Board certainly milked the adulation, when, in reality........

[quote user="Bobert"]

And why did we let Malky McKie go, and Ewan Roberts too. Like we would be in the Premiership now if we had kept them..... Managers Ego is the answer.

There are so many we should have kept down the years. Why did we not keep Martin Peters another year for example, why did we never give Ruel Fox another go. Stars who would have won another game, given us another thee points. I think there are times when the Board should over rule the Manager..

[/quote]

I''d refer you to the thread about whether Norwich fans know anything about football.