Sign in to follow this  
FFC-SW6

Dickson Etuhu

Greetings ... Fulham fan  in peace. Hope Stefanovic & Omozusi are doing ok for you.

Anyway, just wanted to ask your opinion on ex-Canary Dickson Etuhu. We''ve been linked with signing him as a holding/ball winning midfielder from Sunderland. Every time I''ve seen him he''s looked just a bit of a big unit with less than impressive technical ability - but maybe I''ve just caught him on bad days.

Do you think he''s a capable player who would do ok in the EPL. He hasn''t settled or had much of a run in the north east, so just wondered about the opinion of Norwich fans.

Cheers & good luck for the rest of the season.

[quote user="FFC-SW6"]Every time I''ve seen him he''s looked just a bit

of a big unit with less than impressive technical ability - but

maybe I''ve just caught him on bad days.[/quote]

Nope, you''ve pretty much nailed him completely there! Can be a good player, but only when he wants to be....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="FFC-SW6"]Every time I''ve seen him he''s looked just a bit of a big unit with less than impressive technical ability - but maybe I''ve just caught him on bad days.[/quote]

Nope, you''ve pretty much nailed him completely there! Can be a good player, but only when he wants to be....
[/quote]

Sounds like Bouba Diop when he was with us.

[quote user="AndyJR"]An excellent player when he wants to be, notably when the Sky cameras are around.
[/quote]

Not someone you''d want in a fight.When he can be arsed he''s ok, but he just can''t be arsed often enough.

ONE MINUTE HE''S THE LAZIEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH,NEXT MINUTE SUPERB.THE MAN COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT PLAYERBUT JUST NOT CONSISTENT,IF HIS HEAD IS NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE YOU CANT PLAY HIM.

[quote user="FFC-SW6"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote

user="FFC-SW6"]Every time I''ve seen him he''s looked just a bit of a big

unit with less than impressive technical ability - but maybe I''ve

just caught him on bad days.[/quote]Nope, you''ve pretty much nailed him completely there! Can be a good player, but only when he wants to be....[/quote]

Sounds like Bouba Diop when he was with us.

[/quote]

Only with a lot less skill... sorry, we''re not painting a great picture here are we, lol?

Ps, Stefanovic and Ozzy appear to be doing well; although Ozzy did give

away a needless penalty at the weekend, Steve has reportedly shored up

our back line...

Yep you''ve got it spot on. He does turn up for about 1 in every 4/5 games though (bearing in mind that was for a mid-table championship side).

as long as Dickson earns a pay check he doesnt give a hoot...

Wait until the transfer window opens and the scouts come watching.. he''ll play like ronaldinho! once the window closes he''ll look like he wishes he was pushing a trolley round Tescos on a saturday instead of running about "getting dirty".

good luck for the season mate! i have a feeling your going to need it!

jas :)

[quote user="FFC-SW6"]

Greetings ... Fulham fan  in peace. Hope Stefanovic & Omozusi are doing ok for you.

Anyway, just wanted to ask your opinion on ex-Canary Dickson Etuhu. We''ve been linked with signing him as a holding/ball winning midfielder from Sunderland. Every time I''ve seen him he''s looked just a bit of a big unit with less than impressive technical ability - but maybe I''ve just caught him on bad days.

[/quote]Frankly, I can''t believe he''d be better than what you''ve already got.  You can''t depend on him to string two decent games together and while he was good for Norwich in patches, he lacks consistency which is what you need in a ball-winning midfielder.  If he was a fancypants striker or midfielder then you could forgive him the odd off-day, but when your job is to tackle people and you look like you can''t be bothered then I guess he''s not the kind of player you really need/want.Omo may have a bright future, Stefanovich looks solid.  We just need a goalscorer... want to lend us Clint Dempsey?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="FFC-SW6"]

[/quote]

Frankly, I can''t believe he''d be better than what you''ve already got.  You can''t depend on him to string two decent games together and while he was good for Norwich in patches, he lacks consistency which is what you need in a ball-winning midfielder.  If he was a fancypants striker or midfielder then you could forgive him the odd off-day, but when your job is to tackle people and you look like you can''t be bothered then I guess he''s not the kind of player you really need/want.

Omo may have a bright future, Stefanovich looks solid.  We just need a goalscorer... want to lend us Clint Dempsey?
[/quote]

Cheers chaps - confirms what I thought to a big degree. We DO need a physical ball winning midfielder, but one who wins it consistently, rather than when he wants to.

You can have David Healy .... well down the pecking order at Fulham now, but a great predator & even capable of scoring great goals outside the box - just lacks the extra pace & technique required at Premiership level

[quote user="AndyJR"]An excellent player when he wants to be, notably when the Sky cameras are around.[/quote]Hang on, from what I can see we played four games on Sky while he was with us (Ipswich and Burnley both home and away) and lost the lot! Did he actually play well in any of those?

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="AndyJR"]An excellent player when he wants to be, notably when the Sky cameras are around.[/quote]Hang on, from what I can see we played four games on Sky while he was with us (Ipswich and Burnley both home and away) and lost the lot! Did he actually play well in any of those?[/quote]Scored against the scum and I remember him having good games when the cameras were around, trying to get noticed.

[quote user="Delias Well Behaved Devonshire Dirtbox"]In the words of former tv presenter Big Ron Atkinson when he got kicked off the tele..............................[/quote]

Why don''t you just repeat what he said if that''s what you really think [^o)]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="PBTC"][quote user="AndyJR"]An excellent player when he wants to be, notably when the Sky cameras are around.[/quote]Hang on, from what I can see we played four games on Sky while he was with us (Ipswich and Burnley both home and away) and lost the lot! Did he actually play well in any of those?[/quote]Scored against the scum and I remember him having good games when the cameras were around, trying to get noticed.[/quote]That one wasn''t on TV! [:P] Johansson and Chadwick scored in the televised ones.

[quote user="DWellBehavedDevonshireDirtbox"]In the words of former tv presenter Big Ron Atkinson when he got kicked off the tele..............................[/quote]you daft BNP racist you.....

I saw three different Dickson Etuhu’s playing for Norwich in his time with us.

The first Dickson I saw was Quality Dickson. He had pace and power. He scored goals and tackled. He got up and down the pitch. He turned up for one game in five though, but when he did, he bullied the Chelsea midfield or he scored a Berkampesque goal, curling one in from miles out against Cardiff, and really looked the part.

The second Dickson I saw Dreadful Dickson. He ambled around. He was never there, and he always seemed distracted. He turned up for the games that Quality Dickson did not fancy. Dreadful Dickson stood five yards off David Jones as he equalised for Derby at Carrow Road last season. Dreadful Dickson walked off to sarcastic applause at Luton, and clapped back thinking we were pleased with his work that evening.

The last Dickson I saw was End of Season Dickson. We first caught a glimpse of End of Season Dickson in a Preston shirt as he stormed through Iwan’s last match at Carrow Road, and as if by magic, he appeared towards the end of the 2006/07 campaign. A scout in the stand, a buy out clause, clubs sniffing around, agents talking to him and the new mega Sky deal just around the corner are just a few of the reasons for the appearance of End of Season Dickson at Norwich.

Did Peter Grant get him playing, or was it that huge "Prem Sale" poster? With all due respect to PG’s motivational abilities, my vote went to that sign in the shop window.

We got £1.5 million for a player who turned up when he felt like it. End of Season Dickson would have soon turned back into Dreadful Dickson, seeing his mates raking in fifteen grand  a week and sulking that he had not got his dream move to the Prem.

It was good business selling him when we did.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]was summed up perfectly by Preston fans as a ''Tower of Apathy''[/quote]

I believe they also dubbed him: Dickson WhereAreYou? A name that caught on a bit here at Carrow Road.

Dickson etuhu can be a very quick, powerful player but he never tries, he is content on being a sub and getting paid X thousand a week.not a player id recommend.as for stefo and omozusi, i like stefo, always have, a strong intelligent leader who has a cultured foot and an impressive work rate, as for omozusi, everyone has ranted and raved about him whereas i thnk he seems vulneranle, poor as a makeshift CB despite claiming he can play there, he as full back gets beaten by a quick turn and he definitely lacks experience, he is no bertrand, however he does move the ball well and he is quick in a straight line.

When there was first talk about him coming to us, Preston fans offered to drive him down here they were so pleased at the thought of seeing the back of him.

I can remember Etuhu during his loan spell with us, whilst still technically a Preston player.. breaking Chris Sedgwicks leg in a rash challenge in the game....

jas :)

Yes it was Adam Nowland who had his leg broken against Preston. And on his debut Etuhu had a running battle with Kevin Nicholls of Luton who was also the victim of an awful tackle in the second half of that match. Nicholls was luckier than Nowland.