Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

Why are your expectation levels so high for god sake !!!!!

were looking at hasslebaink or howard and people old with experience.

we clearly dont have lots of money to spend on a player, and you all seem to think were going to sign sum 6th striker who scores 20 goals a season.

if there was a player that was over 6ft, and scored 20 goals a season i nthe championship we would be in the bloody premier league !

why cant everybody just face it, were not as big club as we think we are, nad were not going to sign anybody special.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

we clearly dont have lots of money to spend on a player, and you all seem to think were going to sign sum 6th striker who scores 20 goals a season.

if there was a player that was over 6ft, and scored 20 goals a season i nthe championship we would be in the bloody premier league !

why cant everybody just face it, were not as big club as we think we are, nad were not going to sign anybody special.

[/quote]

This just shows how successful the Board have been in lowering your expectations.

Anybody who actually believes that this club is punching it''s weight please form an orderly queue outside Yellows.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[quote user="On The Roeder To Something"]Are you Delia''s spokesperson? Little old Noorwich.[/quote]

i want a big player mate, but a player that is big and scores lots of goals would be in the premier league jsut think about it .

[/quote]

O.K then I''ll lower my expectations. Please, please can we be relegated to Division two.

[quote user="On The Roeder To Something"][quote user="FozzyFan"]

[quote user="On The Roeder To Something"]Are you Delia''s spokesperson? Little old Noorwich.[/quote]

i want a big player mate, but a player that is big and scores lots of goals would be in the premier league jsut think about it .

[/quote]

O.K then I''ll lower my expectations. Please, please can we be relegated to Division two.

[/quote]

You haven''t lived until you''ve been to the Blue Square Conference.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]we are not any different now than we''ve ever been, we have to take players from lower leagues or from our own player development schemes, bring them on and sell for a profit, even at the very height of our success this was always the way.as you point out peoples perceptions seem to be extremely wide of the mark.It always used to be the English way to support the underdog and this made any success we''ve had over the years all the sweeter.I guess people are changing

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]It could also be asked why yours are so low? I think most of us appreciate that we''ll never be a manure or chelscum but we also know that there''s no way we should be in the bottom half of the championship. There are a few clubs currently in the prem that we should really be at least the equal of, Wigan, Middlesborough, Fulham, Pompey and Bolton to name a few. There''s no reason with the right financial backing that we couldn''t emulate what them clubs have done which is why many of us are fed up with the current board, they simply haven''t got the money to take us to where we really ought to be.

All we want is a team that can compete on a game by game basis at championship level. Surely thats not too much to ask is it ? I dont fancy howard but a lower gue target man with a proven record at league 1 or 2 will do me fine as long as he is not over the hill.

Still dont know why we didn''t get Rasiak (cant compete with skint Watford on a loan)

didn''t get Thompson (couldnt compete with Stockport)

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]Are you old enough to know any better. I''ll tell you something we are a relatively speaking a much bigger club than Cardiff. Or have been for most of my 36 years at least. And Jimmy''s too old too fat and too slow for them. Why is he right for us. Use the Dion comparison if you wish but remember whole we played as a whole and where we finished it the season when he played for us.Remember Dion gave us as much in leadership and charisma if not more than he did in performance. Something Hasslebaink is not going to do.

I personally think that 23, 000 regular home & 2 to 3 thousand away followers deserve high expectation levels.A simplistic answer to a simple-minded question is all you warrant.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Right! That''s it! I''m going into work tomorrow and demanding a pay-cut![/quote]And why not ?  The amount of time in you spend here you deserve it.

why shouldnt we have high expectations? whats the point of taking part if you dont beleive you can be the best?

jas :)

[quote user="foggo7"]

we are not any different now than we''ve ever been, we have to take players from lower leagues or from our own player development schemes, bring them on and sell for a profit, even at the very height of our success this was always the way.
as you point out peoples perceptions seem to be extremely wide of the mark.
It always used to be the English way to support the underdog and this made any success we''ve had over the years all the sweeter.
I guess people are changing
[/quote]

I can accept that selling players at a profit goes with the territory to some extent, provided we reinvest the proceeds in new players.  But in recent seasons we haven''t done that.  We''ve made a lot more from selling players than we have spent on replacing them, and the club has posted a tidy profit at the end of the season.  

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]

I did not kid myself that we would sign

a £1m+ striker.  I did however allow myself to believe

that we would have the "mythical" 6ft striker before the

season started.  Clearly my expectations were too high to expect

a position in our squad which has been urgently requiring attention

since January to be sorted within 9 months!?

I just can''t believe I let my expectation levels get so high.  Boy, do I feel foolish now.

I honestly don''t think that the majority of fans have overly high expectation levels. What most people are frustrated with is the fact that we don''t seem to be able to compete in The Championship with teams of a similar, or in some cases smaller, size.

Three seasons ago we were in The Premiership and since then we''ve had two lots of parachute payments, crowds of around 25,000 week after week, made a profit in the transfer market in each season and, so we''re told, have a number of thriving off field ventures. Yet when it comes to securing the services of a decent target man to be our main striker we seem unable to manage it. Surely you can see why people are frustrated with this?

I''m not one of the vocal ''Delia Haters'' on here, indeed I find some of the more personal remarks rather distasteful, but I do expect our board to acknowledge and learn from their past mistakes. Over the past four seasons they have failed to back sucessive managers with the money needed to be sucessful, first in The Premiership and then The Championship. I honestly think they believe that they''re acting in the best interests of the club by spending large amounts on off-field investments but we''ve reached such a low point now that surely this cannot continue? I think that this was their last chance to put things right and  keep the fans onside and for this reason, coupled with the Peter Cullum business, I fully expected them to make a decent amount available for Glenn to spend.

If they don''t and we continue to struggle then in a couple of months time I can''t see that Carrow Road will be a particular pleasant place to be on a Saturday afternoon. Norwich fans, and Norfolk folk to a wider extent, are known for their patience but everybody has a breaking point.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I honestly don''t think that the majority of fans have overly high expectation levels. What most people are frustrated with is the fact that we don''t seem to be able to compete in The Championship with teams of a similar, or in some cases smaller, size.

Three seasons ago we were in The Premiership and since then we''ve had two lots of parachute payments, crowds of around 25,000 week after week, made a profit in the transfer market in each season and, so we''re told, have a number of thriving off field ventures. Yet when it comes to securing the services of a decent target man to be our main striker we seem unable to manage it. Surely you can see why people are frustrated with this?

I''m not one of the vocal ''Delia Haters'' on here, indeed I find some of the more personal remarks rather distasteful, but I do expect our board to acknowledge and learn from their past mistakes. Over the past four seasons they have failed to back sucessive managers with the money needed to be sucessful, first in The Premiership and then The Championship. I honestly think they believe that they''re acting in the best interests of the club by spending large amounts on off-field investments but we''ve reached such a low point now that surely this cannot continue? I think that this was their last chance to put things right and  keep the fans onside and for this reason, coupled with the Peter Cullum business, I fully expected them to make a decent amount available for Glenn to spend.

If they don''t and we continue to struggle then in a couple of months time I can''t see that Carrow Road will be a particular pleasant place to be on a Saturday afternoon. Norwich fans, and Norfolk folk to a wider extent, are known for their patience but everybody has a breaking point.

[/quote]Well said Shack.  Totally agree with that.

Its more frustrating when you think that the last time a gamble was taken when we got Huckerby and the others it paid off big time and Worthington then went and screwed it up by ripping the team apart. Even then it almost worked out when Ashton came in and we went into the last day with destiny in our own hands. Since then Ashton, Earnshaw and Green have been sold for good money which has been wasted on people like Andy Hughes and Carl Robinson.

This Board clearly don''t learn that you cant get promoted with a "Cheap as chips" mentality. No one is asking them to spend £34m on Frank Lampard, but frankly they are better off spending no money at all than little dribs and drabs on journeyman pros and training other clubs'' future talent  in some pathetic hope it will turn out OK. [BTW, I still feel the CEO is more culpable for this attitude than the owners.]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[/quote]

Very very well thought out post and I agree.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Right! That''s it! I''m going into work tomorrow and demanding a pay-cut![/quote]

And why not ?  The amount of time in you spend here you deserve it.
[/quote]

I think you''ll find, I don''t post during daytime working hours ''Monday to Friday''. Concentrate on your post count since the date and onset of your initial contribution - compared to my post-count and date and onset of my initial contribution......... I''m a much valued employee who doesn''t abuse company time and money on t''internet. Now potty, stop callin'' kettle black.

Anyway.....I am the BOSS!......and my name is HUGO!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Right! That''s it! I''m going into work tomorrow and demanding a pay-cut![/quote]

And why not ?  The amount of time in you spend here you deserve it.
[/quote]

I think you''ll find, I don''t post during daytime working hours ''Monday to Friday''. Concentrate on your post count since the date and onset of your initial contribution - compared to my post-count and date and onset of my initial contribution......... I''m a much valued employee who doesn''t abuse company time and money on t''internet. Now potty, stop callin'' kettle black.

Anyway.....I am the BOSS!......and my name is HUGO!

[/quote]

At least Mello''s time on here has great merit.  What''s your excuse Blubby?.......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why shouldnt we have high expectations? whats the point of taking part if you dont beleive you can be the best?

jas :)

[/quote]

There is a very good reason Jas.

You may recall our position post QPR away last year. 5pts adrift at the bottom if I recall correctly.

When was the last time you knew a team who were so chronicly s***e that they would bounce back the following year and take the league by storm.

Things don''t just happen overnight unless you happen to have a stroke of luck like Chelsea did and have some Billionare with a hole burning in his pocket turn up. These things take time.

The reality is that our expectations shouldn''t be so high due to the position that we were in 10 months ago.

Do you really think that we can "be the best" bearing in mind how much some teams in the Premiership have at their disposable - I think your a bit of a loon to be honest - keep smiling though.