Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

This is the Final Straw, Delia, Do One NOW

If as it now appears that Shola Ameobi is about to sign for the Binners, then this is an insult to Roeder, the club and the fans.

We all know that Roeder highly rates Shola and wants him here, but if he goes to Ipswich then it proves the board have yet again LIED to us and to Roeder.

Remember the statement if Glenn keeps us up blah, blah, blah.

We are desperate for someone like Shola, he wants to come, Glenn wants him, so whats the issue?

The issue is the board are not prepared to support the manager & that my friends is a bloody disgrace.

As someone said as part of another thread, this could be the straw the breaks the camels back!

Bye, Bye then Glenn and thanks for keeping us up last season.

Delia one last thing, if you Really love the club sell Now

I was just about to post something along similar lines Be Smart, I''ve been so patient up until this past week, but with the boards promise to back Roeder in every target if he kept us up, then pulling out of a deal to sign Roeders number 1 target for financial reasons is beyond a joke.

I wish Delia would think before she speaks, why get our hopes up only to the then sober up and realise jsut what you''ve said in the morning?.....sickening

I distinctly remember Mumby saying if Roeder kept us up last season, he could sign whoever he wanted.

Talk is cheap for the muppets on our board! I do wonder what Roeder''s reaction may be!

[quote user="Be Smart "]

If as it now appears that Shola Ameobi is about to sign for the Binners, then this is an insult to Roeder, the club and the fans.

We all know that Roeder highly rates Shola and wants him here, but if he goes to Ipswich then it proves the board have yet again LIED to us and to Roeder.

We are desperate for someone like Shola, he wants to come, Glenn wants him, so whats the issue?

The issue is the board are not prepared to support the manager & that my friends is a bloody disgrace.

As someone said as part of another thread, this could be the straw the breaks the camels back!

[/quote]

No money is the answer. Roeder isn''t thick, he must have realised a long time ago that we needed a big, athletic striker up front. For me, the obvious candidate was Iwelumo but when he went to Wolves (for far less money than Ameobi would cost ?) I guessed then that there wasn''t any money in the kitty.

Makes it even more bewildering how they can turn a billionaire away without a second thought. Sheepshanks is a clown but at least he had the sense to admit when he could do no more and find someone who was prepared to fund a promotion push. Cullum could offer us far more than Evans offers the scum and we turn him away. This will come back and bite them on the bum.

I spoke to Neil DONCASTER a couple of weeks ago and in the course of the conversation the subject of what was said at the Open day forum by MUNBY and ROEDER about the availability of money during the summer if we avoided relegation was dismissed as a throw away remark made on the spur of the moment and was humourous as opposed to serious.

That my friends is the Chief Executives take on the statement.We appear to be heading for a winter of discontent amongst the fans which will be a disaster for us all but i know where i will be pointing the finger of blame.

Has it ever occurred to you, even for a second, that Glenn doesn''t actually want himn that much? That he might now consider him too much of a risk at his price level.?One thing I''m sure of is that Roeder doesn''t like paying over the odds for anything & perhaps he''s one of those people who doesn''t like risking other people''s money either.

People seem to forget that whilst Delia and MWJ have some serious money, more than I''m sure 99% of us will ever have, they are relatively poor when it comes to football benefactors. The Turner''s are also quoted to have a lot of cash, but again most of this is tied up in businesses and not readily available at this time.

Now people will say "but what about Cullum''s £20M", but as we all know, this offer doesn''t match the valuation of the club (would you be so happy if we sold our best player for less than half of what we value him at)? So unless Cullum increases his offer, or is prepared to come on board without taking control of the club, we''ve got to be happy with the cash that is made available.

Personally I believe the board didn''t do enough when we won promotion back in 2004, but since then I have no complaints. The club could make a massive gamble, find the £2.5M to sign the injury prone Ameobi who scored about one goal in ten, but then if we''re not promoted with the bank manager knocking on the door at the end of the season, it could be administration for NCFC next summer.

It''s very easy to spend other people''s money.

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

Too right Be Smart. If this board dont buck up their ideas pronto its only a matter of time before Roeder calls their bluff. He knows he has the fans on his side. Im amazed he''s put up with their pathetic s##t this long to be honest.......Roeder needs to say something.

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

For me the issue is not whether the board are prepared to support Glen as i do think they are doing all they can within the current financial constraints they have to work in. The issue is whether the board are able to support Glen to the level that makes us genuinely competitive in this division. Unfortunately with the way football has been going that bar has been raised.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

The Turner''s are also quoted to have a lot of cash, but again most of this is tied up in businesses and not readily available at this time.

[/quote]

Of course the Turners don''t have a Post Office acount with £750 million in it. Well I doubt it anyway.

However they do have massive security and could raise cash very easily. Even Peter Cullum said he wouldn''t look to clear all the debts just renegotiate

Can''t say I hope he scores a hattrick against us, but this is a real kick in the face for the fans of NCFC!!! East Anglian derby is won before it has even kicked off according to me. Haynes and Ameobi...

Scum are better run club than we are. It hurts to say this, but this signing is evidence that we are not competing in the transfer market. Supporters show your disgust at the next home game:

DELIA OUT, DELIA OUT...

If you love the club, respect the fans...show it b****!

[quote user="Tommy Grange"]

East Anglian derby is won before it has even kicked off according to me.

[/quote]

With that sort of attitude let''s hope you''re not at either match!  I bet the TEAM are dead chuffed to have your sort of support.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Tommy Grange"]

[/quote]

With that sort of attitude let''s hope you''re not at either match!  I bet the TEAM are dead chuffed to have your sort of support.

[/quote]

I''ve been a faithfull supporter but I''m realistic too. I think I can call myself diehard since 1986, but these last few years have tried my patience just like the patience of others. Yes I''ll be there, but how can you stay positive after all this Scooby?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

I spoke to Neil DONCASTER a couple of weeks ago and in the course of the conversation the subject of what was said at the Open day forum by MUNBY and ROEDER about the availability of money during the summer if we avoided relegation was dismissed as a throw away remark made on the spur of the moment and was humourous as opposed to serious.

That my friends is the Chief Executives take on the statement.We appear to be heading for a winter of discontent amongst the fans which will be a disaster for us all but i know where i will be pointing the finger of blame.

[/quote]

Quite clear at the time so why do people on this Forum still see it as a statement of intent? I can understand some of the anger directed towards our Board but I am dismayed at the lack of intelligence by some here.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

If it was meant to be humorous, the joke appears to go something like this: 

"Roeder can spend as much as he likes, hahaha . . . little does he know we haven''t got a pot to piss in"

I''m not defending the Board in anyway whatsoever here, but if Alan Lee is the consolation prize for missing out on Amoebi, then I for one would be relatively pleased with the outcome.Bide your time, fellow City fans, the Board continue to do themselves no favours and it all helps Cullum''s cause.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Quite clear at the time so why do people on this Forum still see it as a statement of intent? I can understand some of the anger directed towards our Board but I am dismayed at the lack of intelligence by some here.

[/quote]

Bunny for Goodness sake when we have been in a dire relegation battle with a team that looked awful and needed replacing, the majority shareholder should not be as dumb, as to make comments such as that, even if they were meant as throw away comments.

It just smacks of the total unprofessionailism from a woman who should know better, and if anyone showed a lack of intelligence it was her for saying that.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

Too right Be Smart. If this board dont buck up their ideas pronto its only a matter of time before Roeder calls their bluff. He knows he has the fans on his side. Im amazed he''s put up with their pathetic s##t this long to be honest.......Roeder needs to say something.

[/quote]

I am not surprised in the slightest... Roeder is as stupid as his employers.

It was so obvious that this scenario was going to be the likely outcome from day one.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Tommy Grange"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He isn''t wrong though is he?

Ipswich are going to wallop us and are looking like they may just be one or two more signings away from challenging for automatic promotion and the title.

Smudger you never responded to my reply after you brandished me a fan of Delia yesterday.....do you always run scared once you are challenged?

[quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="bunny"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bunny for Goodness sake when we have been in a dire relegation battle with a team that looked awful and needed replacing, the majority shareholder should not be as dumb, as to make comments such as that, even if they were meant as throw away comments.

It just smacks of the total unprofessionailism from a woman who should know better, and if anyone showed a lack of intelligence it was her for saying that.

[/quote]

Are you attributing it to the right person though? There is no proof that any of the Board said that to Glenn in the first place. I would imagine that the Board told Glenn exactly how much he had to spend (which was not a lot) and that he made the joke himself knowing full well that his funds were limited.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="bunny"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you attributing it to the right person though? There is no proof that any of the Board said that to Glenn in the first place. I would imagine that the Board told Glenn exactly how much he had to spend (which was not a lot) and that he made the joke himself knowing full well that his funds were limited.

[/quote]

And there is no proof that any of the board didn''t say it is there?

So we go around in circles once again.

its all a joke they are so selfish! say if we don''t sign any strikers and luopili gets recalled to old club then whos up front cureton???????

bring back martin just in case delia and the board don''t pump in no money as usauel!

Link please.  I remember lots of people saying that this was said but not the quote.  Is this another urban myth like the Cullen offer and the £56million sale price?

We don''t know that Mr Roeder wants to bid for Ameobi, now.

And before everyone jumps on me: (i) I''m not an unconditional supporter of the current Board: on the contrary, I was disappointed that Mr Cullum never made a formal offer and (ii) I''ve been hoping that Ameobi would come and will be dismayed if he signs for the binners.

But: we are all assuming that Mr Roeder wants him and is being refused the money by the Board, without any real evidence. It is equally possible that Mr Roeder is quite comfortable with the current situation. If the team gels he is acclaimed as a miracle worker on a modest budget and walks into a bigger job. If it doesn''t, well, he''s still the man who saved us last season, and he can point to the lack of spending to say "look what I had to work with". Whereas if he gets the Board to invest 2.5million in Ameobi, and he flops, and the team flops with him, then it''s a blot on his CV.

I have heard that a Board member has said that this is the true position. Now, this is what I believe the lawyers call multiple hearsay, and therefore unreliable. And of course Board members are not exactly disinterested in all of this. So, it may not be true. But my point is, simply, that we are all jumping to a conclusion that may place the blame in the wrong place. Which just goes to show how desirable it is that we are actually told, on 1 September if not before the window closes, exactly what happened rather than being kept in the dark.

Until then, I''ve never felt so let down by our (once) great club. To go into a new season without a target man, to talk at the Norfolk Show about investment that may not be there, to be outbid by the binners, Watford and (apparently) teams from League One despite the season ticket sales, to be promised a new target man weekly and at times, daily, only for nothing to materialise….we are entitled to an explanation.

People seem to forget that whilst Delia and MWJ have some serious money, more than I''m sure 99% of us will ever have, they are relatively poor when it comes to football benefactors. The Turner''s are also quoted to have a lot of cash, but again most of this is tied up in businesses and not readily available at this time. Now people will say "but what about Cullum''s £20M", but as we all know, this offer doesn''t match the valuation of the club (would you be so happy if we sold our best player for less than half of what we value him at)? So unless Cullum increases his offer, or is prepared to come on board without taking control of the club, we''ve got to be happy with the cash that is made available. Personally I believe the board didn''t do enough when we won promotion back in 2004, but since then I have no complaints. The club could make a massive gamble, find the £2.5M to sign the injury prone Ameobi who scored about one goal in ten, but then if we''re not promoted with the bank manager knocking on the door at the end of the season, it could be administration for NCFC next summer. It''s very easy to spend other people''s money.

[/quote]Spot on.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]

We don''t know that Mr Roeder wants to bid for Ameobi, now.

And before everyone jumps on me: (i) I''m not an unconditional supporter of the current Board: on the contrary, I was disappointed that Mr Cullum never made a formal offer and (ii) I''ve been hoping that Ameobi would come and will be dismayed if he signs for the binners.

But: we are all assuming that Mr Roeder wants him and is being refused the money by the Board, without any real evidence. It is equally possible that Mr Roeder is quite comfortable with the current situation. If the team gels he is acclaimed as a miracle worker on a modest budget and walks into a bigger job. If it doesn''t, well, he''s still the man who saved us last season, and he can point to the lack of spending to say "look what I had to work with". Whereas if he gets the Board to invest 2.5million in Ameobi, and he flops, and the team flops with him, then it''s a blot on his CV.

I have heard that a Board member has said that this is the true position. Now, this is what I believe the lawyers call multiple hearsay, and therefore unreliable. And of course Board members are not exactly disinterested in all of this. So, it may not be true. But my point is, simply, that we are all jumping to a conclusion that may place the blame in the wrong place. Which just goes to show how desirable it is that we are actually told, on 1 September if not before the window closes, exactly what happened rather than being kept in the dark.

Until then, I''ve never felt so let down by our (once) great club. To go into a new season without a target man, to talk at the Norfolk Show about investment that may not be there, to be outbid by the binners, Watford and (apparently) teams from League One despite the season ticket sales, to be promised a new target man weekly and at times, daily, only for nothing to materialise….we are entitled to an explanation.

[/quote]

Of course Roeder wants him, why would he not want a player that would set the championship alight or whatever his words were.

He is everything in Roeders mind he wants for this club

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Matt Juler"]

People seem to forget that whilst Delia and MWJ have some serious money, more than I''m sure 99% of us will ever have, they are relatively poor when it comes to football benefactors. The Turner''s are also quoted to have a lot of cash, but again most of this is tied up in businesses and not readily available at this time.

Now people will say "but what about Cullum''s £20M", but as we all know, this offer doesn''t match the valuation of the club (would you be so happy if we sold our best player for less than half of what we value him at)? So unless Cullum increases his offer, or is prepared to come on board without taking control of the club, we''ve got to be happy with the cash that is made available.

Personally I believe the board didn''t do enough when we won promotion back in 2004, but since then I have no complaints. The club could make a massive gamble, find the £2.5M to sign the injury prone Ameobi who scored about one goal in ten, but then if we''re not promoted with the bank manager knocking on the door at the end of the season, it could be administration for NCFC next summer.

It''s very easy to spend other people''s money.

[/quote]

Spot on.
[/quote]

It is spot on, the club have no trouble spending our hard earned do they?   [;)]

would you be so happy if we sold our best player for less than half of what we value him at?

[/quote]

No... we let him go for nothing!