Sign in to follow this  
ndhscanary

Prepare for Huckerby and Cullum chants if we dont start winning soon

Firstly im not gonna get too downbeat about tonight it was one game. I just hope we beat blackpool cos in my opinion there are the worst side in the league and if we cant beat them at home we are in a bit of trouble. Also if we dont improve people will start the huckerby and cullum/anti delia chants

There was about 20 people chanted and near the end there was probably about 1/4 maybe. Pointless. Give a few months and if there is no improvement, twhich I believe it will, then we will hear the Cullen chants

I disagree with Huckerby chants because the players will not like to hear it, they want to hear their names chanted not former legends. Chant for Hoolahan and Lupoli etc and get their motivation up a bit lads and maybe we can get a goal or two more :)

Cullum chants are fair enough because at the end of the day, Delia is not on the pitch playing the game hearing them at the same time :)

Totally agree CR, Huckerby chants are ridiculous because it will just demoralise the players we have. Cullum chants, if we don''t improve, will be fair enough, Delia will have a lot of explaining to do.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Firstly im not gonna get too downbeat about tonight it was one game. I just hope we beat blackpool cos in my opinion there are the worst side in the league and if we cant beat them at home we are in a bit of trouble. Also if we dont improve people will start the huckerby and cullum/anti delia chants[/quote]

i suggest that you shut up and get behind the side we have

:)

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]

I think many of the posters here would rather get behind the team that they think we should have but are too lazy to travel to Manchester!

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]

I think many of the posters here would rather get behind the team that they think we should have but are too lazy to travel to Manchester!

[/quote]

BANG

That was the sound of the hammer hitting the nail on its head.You are spot on mate !!!!!!I think i may just add that as my sig.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Firstly im not gonna get too downbeat about tonight it was one game. I just hope we beat blackpool cos in my opinion there are the worst side in the league and if we cant beat them at home we are in a bit of trouble. Also if we dont improve people will start the huckerby and cullum/anti delia chants[/quote]

[/quote]

I suggest you read the post properly instead of jumping to your own conclusions.  He''s predicting what will happen, he doesn''t say he wants it to happen.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="FozzyFan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A top six Championship side would suit me just fine thank you.  Rather too ambitious for some, it seems.

I heard huckerby and cullum chants at mkdons...im sorry but huckerby has gone, move on...we decided to try and get ''viva marc libbra'' echoing around at one point just incase a few supporters wanted him back too

There were pretty loud Huckerby chanst during the last 10 minutes at MK and if things don''t go well on Saturday there will be again!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Totally agree CR, Huckerby chants are ridiculous because it will just demoralise the players we have. Cullum chants, if we don''t improve, will be fair enough, Delia will have a lot of explaining to do.[/quote]

No she won''t, she will just go into hiding in her Bottle, But just in case she does read these boards, Its time to pack your Bags and board the next train. you have gone well past your sell by date.

I was there last night and the Huckerby chants were quite loud in the last ten minutes. I really don''t think it helps. Fair enough we were poor but I think chanting Huckerby after Croft has missed a sitter isn''t going to help Croft''s confidence. Pathetic really. We were also slow-hand clapping when we were passing the ball around and cheering every pass ironically. Really, what is the point? I don''t think we should clap them off the pitch or pat them on the back after a performance like last night''s but we should try and get behind them in the 90 minutes and save our anger for the final whistle.

It does make you wonder if there are elements of our support who actually enjoy watching our failure.  Wish they''d sod off to Old Trafford or down to Chelsea.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

I was there last night and the Huckerby chants were quite loud in the last ten minutes. I really don''t think it helps. Fair enough we were poor but I think chanting Huckerby after Croft has missed a sitter isn''t going to help Croft''s confidence. Pathetic really. We were also slow-hand clapping when we were passing the ball around and cheering every pass ironically. Really, what is the point? I don''t think we should clap them off the pitch or pat them on the back after a performance like last night''s but we should try and get behind them in the 90 minutes and save our anger for the final whistle.

[/quote]After the final whistle the players disappear down the tunnel, so whats the point of expressing your anger after 90 minutes! Its too late!!! I actually think they were right to chant for Huckerby after 80 minutes! If they had been chanting for Hollahan and others for 80 odd minutes and it seemed to of got nowhere, do you continue to chant their names so they believe they are playing really well or do you start expressing how annoyed you are, with what you are seeing? 

Basically what i am saying is, after you have been singing your heart out getting behind your team for 80 minutes, and they still continue to frustrate you with passing the ball back all the time, to continue singing their praises will only get the team thinking they are playing really well, and for them to continue passing the ball back and that everyone approves of how they are playing!

As Cullum said to me in his email it could be a tough few months, as far as Hucks is concerned who can honestly say that Lupoli or OJ are a better option upfront for us.

Big mistake Delia - to give out vibed that investors are not welcome

Big mistake Roeder to let Hucks go and not to make another striker your priority back in July instead of wishing to blood other clubs youngsters in for them.

I went last night and when some of our fans were chanting "o huckerby" i thought it was stupid because how is that going to help.

To the people who was chanting this: Huckerby has gone get over it!!!

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I disagree with Huckerby chants because the players will not like to hear it, they want to hear their names chanted not former legends. Chant for Hoolahan and Lupoli etc and get their motivation up a bit lads and maybe we can get a goal or two more :) Cullum chants are fair enough because at the end of the day, Delia is not on the pitch playing the game hearing them at the same time :)[/quote]

manchester utd still chant for Cantona and Schmeichel....

But i agree.. Hucks is gone... he isnt coming back.... people need to move on and start looking at new heroes... if we get relegated this season it WONT be because Hucks isnt here.. its a team game.. not a game for 1 player.. if we get promoted then some might argue it proves Roeder right doesnt it?

jas :)

[quote user="sammyseal"]

I went last night and when some of our fans were chanting "o huckerby" i thought it was stupid because how is that going to help.

[/quote]Ermmm i think people do know that Huckerby is not coming back! People are just making a point that is was a mistake letting him go and won''t let Roeder forget this!

Those who are still chanting for huckerby get a life please...

He won''t be coming back so move on you bunch of losers

[quote user="Have Heart"]

Those who are still chanting for huckerby get a life please...

He won''t be coming back so move on you bunch of losers

[/quote]

No sorry if I want to chant Huckerby I will do. I know he''s not coming back but it does no harm to let Roeder know we are not just a bunch of performing seals who will clap and applaud him unconditionally. The way he treated Hucks was a disgrace and he needs to know that we expect better behavious from our manager, partuicularly when he has, to date, failed to adequately compensate for Hucks absence by bringing in a decent goalscorer.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It does make you wonder if there are elements of our support who actually enjoy watching our failure.  Wish they''d sod off to Old Trafford or down to Chelsea.[/quote]

I take it you mean the ones who have backed the board as they have steadily de-invested in the team during the most lucrative period in the clubs history?

I agree, i think they would feel far more comfortable surrounded by fellow prawn sandwich eaters.

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="sammyseal"]

[/quote]Ermmm i think people do know that Huckerby is not coming back! People are just making a point that is was a mistake letting him go and won''t let Roeder forget this![/quote]

Yeah but he had lost his pace and i think that if roeder thinks that was the right decision. He saved us from relegation last season and he is the manager so i think that we should respect he decision and hope that they are the right ones in the end!

Also this is not going to help the confidence of the players.

I chanted it last night I admit it but it doesn''t mean I''m some kind of obsessive loser sitting at home crying myself to sleep with a Huckerby photo in my hand*

I did it mainly because at that time I was hacked off with Roeder and his whole new hero b****cks! It was just a way of having a dig in the heat of the moment

*I prefer a Matty Svensson photo myself....