Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

We were told that the Earnshaw & Etuhu money would be added to the transfer kitty

Yes we were told that, and I reckon Grant squandered a lot of it. Poor old Roeder hasn''t had much hope since.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]So signing a couple of good strikers shouldn''t be a financial problem. May I suggest that we put a bid in for Evans given Man City''s situation.[/quote]

Blimey, do you know I don''t remember that being said at all, I must have dropped off lol.

Seriously is this in a statement somewhere from the club?

it would be interesting to know the difference between what we''ve spent and what we''ve sold since we were relegated from the prem.

we''ve got to be well in profit surely?

where the f**cks the money gone?

[quote user="National express super guard "]strihavka wouldn''t have come cheap and we had to pay him off. marshall was pricey (albeit fair price), rusty and jamie weren''t bargains. I believe Mr Grant spend a fair amount on players
[/quote]

Strihavka was actually "on loan" or something, wasn''t he? And it''s true that Grant spent money on these, but I would have EXPECTED that sort of money to be spent WITHOUT the sales of Etuhu and Earnie. So it doesn''t answer the question, just where has the money gone?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]How do you know? All of the transfers are undisclosed now.[/quote]

From the last accounts:  £5.5m received from Earnie, Etuhu, Safri, Hughes and Colin.  £2.2m spent on Cureton, Russell, Brellier etc.  Also bear in mind the £800k from the sales of Lewis and Brown in January.

Cheers for that Mr. C, Grant royally f''ed up with those transfers didn''t he, I can''t believe the club trusted him with those sums of money!

So last season, there was around £4m left for the playing budget?

yes but wages wages wages boys.One of the main reasons hucks left and one of the main reasons doherty stalled over his contract was the money it costs to pay them. Dion will not have been badly paid i fear.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Cheers for that Mr. C, Grant royally f''ed up with those transfers didn''t he, I can''t believe the club trusted him with those sums of money!

So last season, there was around £4m left for the playing budget?[/quote]Dont confuse transfer budget with playing budget which covers wages.Oh and add £6.2m profit from the previous seasons sales notably Ashton and Francis

Of course I understand that, but surely the board don''t just stop once they have received these transfer fees and say, that''s it we''re not investing anymore?! There must be some sort of budget they give every year, with that £4m in top last season, and it can''t all have been spent?!

[quote user="Seat0123"]yes but wages wages wages boys.

One of the main reasons hucks left and one of the main reasons doherty stalled over his contract was the money it costs to pay them.
 Dion will not have been badly paid i fear.
[/quote]You can''t count wages. We only deal with headline figures on here. Get a grip man.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Seat0123"]yes but wages wages wages boys.

One of the main reasons hucks left and one of the main reasons doherty stalled over his contract was the money it costs to pay them.
[/quote]You can''t count wages. We only deal with headline figures on here. Get a grip man.[/quote]

Oh FFS here we go again.  When you sell a player you don`t just gain a fee but you lose that player off the payroll thereby (in theory) freeing up wages for a new player or players.  Now, do you think that the likes of Ashton, Green, Safri, Helveg, Jonsson, Earnie, Etuhu, Hucks, Dublin etc were likely to have been paid more than their replacements or less?

Here`s the stats for player wages as a percentage of turnover since 02/03:

02/03:  43%

03/04 (promotion): 52%

04/05 (Prem.): 28%

05/06: 36%

06/07: 31%

So as you can see we have spent a far lower percentage of our turnover on player wages since promotion than before it.  If anyone can spin that as showing ambition i really would love to hear it.

That just shows our lack of ambition, no wonder we don''t get anywhere! To get success, you''ve either got to get lucky, or dig deep, and sadly luck doesn''t really shine on us so...

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Dion will not have been badly paid i fear.[/quote]You can''t count wages. We only deal with headline figures on here. Get a grip man.[/quote]

Oh FFS here we go again.  When you sell a player you don`t just gain a fee but you lose that player off the payroll thereby (in theory) freeing up wages for a new player or players.  Now, do you think that the likes of Ashton, Green, Safri, Helveg, Jonsson, Earnie, Etuhu, Hucks, Dublin etc were likely to have been paid more than their replacements or less?

So as you can see we have spent a far lower percentage of our turnover on player wages since promotion than before it.  If anyone can spin that as showing ambition i really would love to hear it.

[/quote]I appreciate what you are saying Mr Carrow but those figures don''t mean a thing without the actual turnover figures for those years as well. I am sure you can provide those too. Thanks.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]How do you know? All of the transfers are undisclosed now.[/quote]

From the last accounts:  £5.5m received from Earnie, Etuhu, Safri, Hughes and Colin.  £2.2m spent on Cureton, Russell, Brellier etc.  Also bear in mind the £800k from the sales of Lewis and Brown in January.

[/quote]

Who is included in the etc? And more to the point who isn''t?

What payable items are not included in this heading? If you know as much about accounts as you claim to, you know how different transfer related activites can come from other budget headings.

Of course i can provide the figures LIU but the percentage is the most important thing, not the headline figure.  If a clubs turnover doubles you would expect the amount available for player wages to double as well (ie. the percentage figure stays the same), if it actually drops then you have to conclude that the club has other priorities for that extra income.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]You can''t count wages. We only deal with headline figures on here. Get a grip man.[/quote]

[/quote]

Given the extra revenue from being in the premiership and the parachute payments thereafter, the lower percentages are likely to mask increased spending. Do you have the actual figures handy?

I suspect you do but it wouldn''t make such a good point would it?

Also, the financial year is different from the football season, again reducing the validity of what you are implying.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

The last set of accounts I have are for the year ending 31st May 2007. At that time Earnshaw and Etuhu were  still Norwich players and Cureton, Russell and Brellier didn''t play for us. Unless I''m missing something.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

The last set of accounts I have are for the year ending 31st May 2007. At that time Earnshaw and Etuhu were  still Norwich players and Cureton, Russell and Brellier didn''t play for us. Unless I''m missing something.

[/quote]

Today is 14 August 2008.

Presumably the last accounts were completed on 31 May 2008. Unless, of course, NCFC has changed its reporting year. 

The question is why haven''t you seen them?

After all aren''t you supposed to know everything about NCFC?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Today is 14 August 2008.

Presumably the last accounts were completed on 31 May 2008. Unless, of course, NCFC has changed its reporting year. 

The question is why haven''t you seen them?

After all aren''t you supposed to know everything about NCFC?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Post balance-sheet events nutty.

Serious question Mr C. I totally agree with the thrust of your remarks about  wages as % of turnover, but would you not expect the % to go down on promotion to the Premiership, given that turnover goes up by so much? In other words, spending 50% of your turnover on wages is unsustainable - what you hope to do is get to the Prem so that you have a much greater turnover, so that you can absorb more wages. Your central notion that the safest investment is in the team, though, is spot on. The most prudent thing this board has ever done was buy Dean Ashton.