Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise Funds For FONCY.

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

As you all know the Free Bet raised £212 for the academy last season. Back in January the wonderful Billy Dixon presented a cheque for £89 to FONCY but we have another £123 yet to be presented. The news I bring you is that the presentation of this £123 will take place on Friday 15th August 7:30pm at Dixmar betting shop on Reepham Road. FONCY chairman John Landamore will be present to receive the cheque from Billy Dixon. Myself and Arrdee will be there too and would love to meet you all. So lets have as many of you pickers who can get there showing your appreciation to the man whose generous sponsorship allowed us to raise this money. Remember, no other club can get a free bet. Billy Dixon is THE man! Following the presentation I''m hoping to get the chance to buy Billy a drink and I may extend the offer to you pickers [:O] So long as no more than 3 turn up or you are willing to share [:S]

As for my selection, I see Cosmic Twin beat me to it but as Leeds reminded me earlier we should never give our club second best so I''m sticking with :-

Northampton V Cheltenham   Home Win

Now let''s see all you pickers turning up in number - six is not enough! There''s plenty of space to park - drive carefully though [;)]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

And here we go again. Its the Conference for me this week (it seemed to work last season!!)

Northwich v Cambridge - Away Win

Fancy Cambridge to go one better this season and this ought to be a good start for them.

Good luck Berkshire.

OTBC

Cheers guys [B], there are a good range of picks here to analyse - be sure to keep them coming as I''m definately going to need all the help I can get this week!!! I hope we can make this first time lucky! [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Greetings Pink Un Pickers..... alright[Y]

As you all know the Free Bet raised £212 for the academy last

season. Back in January the wonderful Billy Dixon presented a cheque

for £89 to FONCY but we have another £123 yet to be presented. The news

I bring you is that the presentation of this £123 will take place

on Friday 15th August 7:30pm at Dixmar betting shop on

Reepham Road. FONCY chairman John Landamore will be present to receive

the cheque from Billy Dixon. Myself and Arrdee will be there too and

would love to meet you all. So lets have as many of you pickers

who can get there showing your appreciation to the man whose generous

sponsorship allowed us to raise this money. Remember, no other club can

get a free bet. Billy Dixon is THE man! Following the presentation I''m

hoping to get the chance to buy Billy a drink and I may extend the

offer to you pickers [:O] So long as no more than 3 turn up or you are

willing to share [:S]

As for my selection, I see Cosmic Twin beat me to it but as

Leeds reminded me earlier we should never give our club

second best so I''m sticking with :-

Northampton V Cheltenham   Home Win

Now let''s see all you pickers turning up in number - six is not

enough! There''s plenty of space to park - drive carefully though [;)]

That''s right.... hold tight... stay bright [H]

[/quote]

If I send a carboard cut-out of myself down, will someone hold it up for the photo? [;)]

Btw, Ardee, I quoted part of your post in my last reply because I was

going to tell you not to forget about the Manchester contingent... then

I forgot... long day![:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"]

Now you lovely old pickers here we go the start of 08-09 season on the Free Bet , the day has finally dawned , the day I have been waiting for since May , we are off and running in our quest to help our great club and our wonderful Academy .

I am now turning the Free Bet over to the magnificent Berkshire Canary to safeguard for this week and we must help him all we can to find those 6 selections that will win . I know all you lovely old Pickers will do your best because your love of our great club is as deep as mine . Remember if your selection doesn''t come off It doesn''t matter the Free Bet is just fun for you lovely old Norwich City fans , also remember you are the only fans in the world that has this unique way of helping your club thanks to our sponsors Dixmar Racing .

I was thinking  the Pickers we have range far and wide from the U.S.of A to our wonderful capital the "big smoke" as I like to call it . I know the wonderful Berkshire Canary is not far away from this and we have the sublime Gentleman Jim striking off down there quite often  , no doubt Jim knows his way around from Old Holborn to Park Drive and I hope he doesn''t end up on the wrong Turf or even in the Strand , so I wish you lovely old Pickers all the best and lets all hope our Players do us proud , I am sure our first win of the season wont be a long weights , I know I have tried to Drum into you that we just need the one selection from you . Remember Nutty is watching you like a Condor to find the top tipster for the season which is all in the Pipe-line . Now of course the Craven "lapp" is going to turn up . Talk to you lovely old Pickers later [:)] [Y] ....arrdee.[/quote]Can''t do much with your tobacco theme this week arrdee as you''ve used most of them. All I can do is to tell you what happened last week. I went up to colney with ''Peter Styvesant'' and his ''Pall Mall'' to see the ''players'' but couldn''t get in. We decided to ''weights'' about as it would be ''Dunhill'' going home. Just then, GR walked over and invited us in. "You ''kensitas'' down" he said, "We don''t let folks in ''Erinmore'' cos they post it on the pink-un" he said " and we have to be on our ''Guards''. Anyway, he told us about that ''richmond'' who wanted to buy the club but said he preferred chancing his arm in the ''raffles''. Anyway, after that, we met the tea-lady but I was more interested in that ''Gallahers'', corr! So off I went with her for a quick ........cup of tea!........you thought I was going to say ''shag'' didn''t you? [:D]

Best of luck ''Berkley''  [Y]

[/quote]

When I was on holiday in Spain recently, I lost my passport and had to go to the embassy. I had gone to the wrong address and ended up at Number 6 but after I had seen Senor Service all was OK. I thought I might have to travel back on a camel.

I can remember when my local Chinese used to sell ciggies - I went in asked for twenty Number 6 and came out with 4000 prawn crackers.

I''m away up to Scotchland for the second week of the Scottish lower leagues.Forfar have been banging the goals in away from home (8 in three away games in 11 days) and I take them to register a home win against a Cowdenbeath side still struggling to adjust after relegation last year. So that''s Forfar home win. Let''s hope the Clan come up trumps - I''ll be praying to St. Bruno for suck-cess, as a draw would be a real drag!

I think you lot have beaten this particular drum to death... best you all get home to play with your wive''s golden virginia...That''s all I know... [:$]

Hello everyone

I fancy Leeds to win away at Scunthorpe in league 1, I sense reading some previews that there is a bit of pressure on Nigel Adkins and I think Leeds will get off to a good start in the same way they did last season ( obviously without the 15 point deduction).

Good Luck Berkshire Canary I did the first weekend last season and its difficult to predict because of a lack of form (pre season doesn''t count really) A word of advice, Go with your gut instinct and look for the settled sides who were succesful towards the end of last season as a starting point.

Now you lovely old Pickers if you could just spare me a thought or two Sat afternoon , you see my lovely daughter is getting married  . Don''t worry I will be able to get the bet on with Dixmar Racing in the morning as I intend to sit in my computer room and let all those mini dramas wash over me like "Oh my shoes are tight will they be alright ? "Oh no the hair spray can is empty have you another one"? I know some of you lovely old Pickers will want to keep me up to date with the latest scores in the afternoon the problem is the wedding is at 4 o'' clock  2 half kick off time and Ruth will make sure my phone is turned off in church , she can read me like a book.

The answer is to get the wedding over as quick as we can so I can get my phone turned on again , I just know I am going to roust the Vicar along , I just know it , when he says "Dearly beloved we are gathered...."Yes..Yes .. Vic lets cut to the chase" and regretting it as soon as I said it , that best man better not lose a lot of time fumbling for the wedding ring either .

My lovely daughter has informed me that she wants my speech as short as I can make it , she has told me not to refer to the guest as "lovely old boys and gals" and on no account talk about Norwich City''s adventure in Europe , "Just thank everyone for coming and sit down dad "  Huh!! we will see about that young lady , as I seem to be in the chair those lovely old boys and gals will put up with anything I care to talk about and I might even throw in the milk cup final as well .

I have just been informed by my daughter that the vicar wants me tomorrow evening to go for a rehearsal, rehearse for what ?  how to walk down the isle with my daughter on my arm ? What does he expect of me ? shall I go into my break dance routine? shall I dance the twist halfway down the isle? and throw in a couple of cartwheels? No I imagine  its having the ability to put one foot in front of the other . 

When I voiced my concern for the necessity of this operation to my daughter and wife , well, I have never heard such a commotion since my dog Jerry accidentally wandered into the old hens stable as they were retiring for the evening ,all hell broke lose , we had the brave P''boro fastened on to Jerrys lug doing the "Ali shuffle" on the back of Jerrys head with her feet and claws , Jerry yelping and yowling and retiring to his bed licking his wounds , I retired to my room licking my wounds as well , so its practise with the vicar for me tomorrow.

Now this Free bar , who came up with that lou-lou ? It seems like a licence to print money to me , they can pull out of the air whatever bill they like . I must get into this business . No I don''t care what it cost me as long as my lovely and wonderful little girl is happy on her special day .

Yes Nutty we want to meet all you posters at the presentation at Dixmars for the Free Bet  and I will buy you lovely old Pickers a pint If I have any money left .[:D]....arrdee. 

Well congratulations to you and your daughter Ray, I''m sure you will look smashing in your fancy suit and even outshine the bride.(not really)

If your father-of-the-bride speech is only half as good as some of your dialogues on here it will be some speech to hear.

Good luck to all concerned, hope the weather is great for you.

I was not aware your daughter was looking for a husband arrdee. If you had have said at the time I would have offered my services, loan or free transfer, I wouldn''t have minded. Just like Dion, what I lack in pace I make up for in experience. Anyway, I hope this lad proves to be a good signing for her and I''ll just have to carry on looking around the lower leagues. I''m not hanging up my boots yet while I can still score! [:)]

Congrats ray, and all the best wishes to your daughter and husband to be. Please, though, don''t tell the story about the missing corpse, although one of your anecdotes would be very fitting for a speech (as long as you don''t go off in to much of a tangent).I should be able to be there on the friday. Get my A level results the day before, and a friends bday party as well so I don''t think I''ll be drinking at all (well considering it''ll be a round trip from gorleston as well).

[quote user="Fellas"]Congrats ray, and all the best wishes to your daughter and husband to be. Please, though, don''t tell the story about the missing corpse, although one of your anecdotes would be very fitting for a speech (as long as you don''t go off in to much of a tangent).

I should be able to be there on the friday. Get my A level results the day before, and a friends bday party as well so I don''t think I''ll be drinking at all (well considering it''ll be a round trip from gorleston as well).
[/quote]

Thanks Fellas, for your wishes and you other Pickers too , I know I speak for Nutty when I say it will be wonderful to meet you if you can get to the presentation Fellas . Oh amongst all the excitement I forgot to tell you my "nap" its the french side Lyon playing Sunday. Talk to you lovely old Pickers later [Y]....arrdee.

Morning all and good luck tomorrow Ray [B][<:o)]

It''s difficult this week as there''s no form to go on and with that in mind it is with a heavy heart that I make my prediction.

Ipswich vs Preston - HOME WIN

They were excellent at home last season and I can''t see Preston having enough about them to come away with any points. I''m now off for a shower as I feel quite dirty.

Crikey, is it August already ?

Anyway - I don''t know how reliable this will be, but going on the form of the last 6 matches of last season, Swindon were 4-1-1 at home, and Tranmere were 0-1-5 away.  So it''s Swindon to beat Tranmere at home for me this week.

Yes you lovely old Pickers you are doing magnificent , keep those "naps" coming in I am sure the wonderful Berkshire is appreciating our help we are giving him .

I know Billy Dixon would just love it if we were to win every week , he calls it a great bit of fun , both Nutty and myself know that Dixmar Racing sponsors and donates books to local schools , I think thats a measure of the man , as we both keep telling you the guy is a gem .

So lets do it for great club our wonderful Norwich City , we have the chance lets take it , o.k. if we don''t win I am sure you fans are having fun on the Free Bet pages as thats important to me , how you lovely old City fans have taken the Free Bet to your hearts has made me proud and I know Nutty feels the same way . Talk to you lovely old Pickers later....arrdee.

Congratulations to your daughter, Ardee (though if there was a Miss Ducker to be married off, why weren''t we told first?) [;)]

I won''t be about probably until Sunday evening to see the outcome, off

to see the girls tonight then a trip to their Aunty in Scumland

tomorrow, not back in Manc til Sunday... don''t worry though, I''ll have

me fingers crossed![:D]

First of all thank you to everyone for their encouragement and their picks, I have spent most of the morning looking at the possibilities and, after changing my mind more times than I care to remember I have eventually come to a decision..... <Drum Roll please> [:D]

Celtic v St. Mirren  - Home Win

Northampton v Cheltenham - Home Win

Lincoln v Rotherham - Home Win

QPR v Barnsley - Home Win

Sheffield Wed v Burnley - Away Win

Apologies to anyone who''s picks didn''t make the final selection, there were some great suggestions and it was tough to narrow them down to a final 6, here''s hoping we can start the season as we mean to go on, good luck everyone. [:P]

OTBC!!!

Now Evil you lovely old boy , I thought you would have used this wonderful opportunity to come and seen arrdee and filled your boots with arrdee''s famous sausages , I said to the boys in the shop "Brace yourselves Evil that lovely old scranner is about , we will be sold out before the weekend"but no I think you kid poor arrdee up , I think your idea of a feast is a round of bread and jam..[:D]....sorry Evil I cant resist....arrdee.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

First of all thank you to everyone for their encouragement and their picks, I have spent most of the morning looking at the possibilities and, after changing my mind more times than I care to remember I have eventually come to a decision..... <Drum Roll please> [:D]

Apologies to anyone who''s picks didn''t make the final selection, there were some great suggestions and it was tough to narrow them down to a final 6, here''s hoping we can start the season as we mean to go on, good luck everyone. [:P]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Well done Berkshire you lovely old boy , thanks for that a wonderful job well done sir , they all look so very good I don''t see how we can lose . I hope you have enjoyed your week in charge of the Free Bet , I am sure you have . I have just run the bet through Boyle sports just to see what they would pay £610 would be their payout , I will bet anyone Dixmar pays more .

I will place the bet in the morning , it will give me a chance to get some respite from this mad house I find myself in, I wont half be pleased when this wedding is over. Oh by the way Berks Lincoln are down as an away , it doesn''t matter as that lovely old boy "Camul" has endorsed them , they wouldn''t dare to do anything other than win . Talk to you lovely old Pickers later .[Y]....arrdee.

Yes indeed, well done Berkshire Canary and good luck with them tomorrow.

I bet Arrdee is relieved to know that the free bet is sorted and ready to go. Now he can give all his attention to his rehearsal tonight. Will he lead with his right foot or left as he walks down the aisle[:^)] Maybe the vicar had rollerskates in mind[:O] A ceromony themed to Starlight Express!

I''m just the fastest thing you''ll ever see. That streak of lightning you just missed was me.[li]

Only kidding.. have a great day tomorrow Arrdee[Y]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Aren''t Lincoln away to Rotherham ?

By the way congrats Arrdee hope it all goes well tomorrow with the wedding, if your speech is anything like some of your posts it will be a classic.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="Berkshire Canary"]

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Aren''t Lincoln away to Rotherham ?

By the way congrats Arrdee hope it all goes well tomorrow with the wedding, if your speech is anything like some of your posts it will be a classic.

[/quote]

Hmmm, you''re right, got that one in my own accumerlator and Corel have got Lincoln as being the home team [:S], oh well.....

Cheers Arrdee, hope you and your family have a great day tomorrow and that it is topped off with a win for the FONCY!!!

Brave picks there Berkshire,

Three away wins !  Mega bucks payout ! Deserves success !  Give us the money now  Billy Dixon

Good luck to us arrdee faithful  !

OTBC!!!

[/quote]

Ermmm....the mighty Lincoln are away to Rotherham but I''m still going for a win!

Good luck with those selections Berkshire. And Arrdee all the very best of luck for your Daughters wedding tomorrow. May I wish the happy couple the very best for the future.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Congratulations to your daughter, Ardee (though if there was a Miss Ducker to be married off, why weren''t we told first?) [;)]

I won''t be about probably until Sunday evening to see the outcome, off to see the girls tonight then a trip to their Aunty in Scumland tomorrow, not back in Manc til Sunday... don''t worry though, I''ll have me fingers crossed![:D]

[/quote]

You didn''t tell me Ray, i''m sure if she met the Devonshire it would all be off and the repacement would be in lol. Good luck with tomorrow mate i hope the speach all goes well and you dont get too drunk. and good luck again Berkshire lets make some money for our youngsters, its great to be back on the Free Bet Thread. and welcome Shola[;)]