Sign in to follow this  
King Beef

San Jose Earthquakes vs. L.A. Galaxy Updates

Huckerby drew a yellow card on a pretty tame tackle from behind by Donovan.  It didn''t help as LA scored in the 75th on a defensive error and hard shot.  SJ as controlled the game and LA gets 2 goals on their very few offensive forays.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Huckerby drew a yellow card on a pretty tame tackle from behind by Donovan.  It didn''t help as LA scored in the 75th on a defensive error and hard shot.  SJ as controlled the game and LA gets 2 goals on their very few offensive forays.[/quote]

Ah, football commentary with a US accent - priceless Houston, thanks!  Come back Motty all is forgiven [;)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Huckerby drew a yellow card on a pretty tame tackle from behind by Donovan.  It didn''t help as LA scored in the 75th on a defensive error and hard shot.  SJ as controlled the game and LA gets 2 goals on their very few offensive forays.[/quote]The LA Galaxy commentators are going on and on about how LA deserve the win, are playing great football, etc.  Maybe radio Norfolk took the same approach when Pattison plays we won''t get so many complaints!

Oh but if he could see you working on TV tomorrow he might be! Work really hard just in case.....

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

I wonder if Hucks will be proud of me when I''m at work tomorrow. Doubt it.

[/quote]

dont be a dick mate,he looks better than becks,still could do a top job for us,oh well time for us to move on. (wonder if we can get him back on loan)

[quote user="timncfc"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

I wonder if Hucks will be proud of me when I''m at work tomorrow. Doubt it.

[/quote]

dont be a dick mate,he looks better than becks,still could do a top job for us,oh well time for us to move on. (wonder if we can get him back on loan)

[/quote]He''ll be back in November, sitting in Jarrold Stand. Let''s hope we really have moved on by then.

looked better than becks still could do a job for us(wonder how much a loan would cost to get him back) oh well we must move on

Finished 3-2 to San Jose, Hucks goal and 2 assists, bet he''s having the time of his life out there.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Huckerby drew a yellow card on a pretty tame tackle from behind by Donovan.  It didn''t help as LA scored in the 75th on a defensive error and hard shot.  SJ as controlled the game and LA gets 2 goals on their very few offensive forays.[/quote]

According to match stats it was Cochrane no.5 who got the card not Hucks.

Huckerby, what a waste of talent playing in that mickey mouse League!

I know that friendlies are deceiving but after watching the not very inspiring two home friendlies against Spurs and Colchester U anybody saying that a fit Hucks wouldn''t get into our first 16 would be so wide of the mark!

[quote user="cityangel"]Finished 3-2 to San Jose, Hucks goal and 2 assists, bet he''s having the time of his life out there.[/quote]

Yeah agreed.

Could really do with him in our present squad...can you imagine with Hoolihan as playmaker/in the hole and Rusty & Clingan behind...Lupoli(once fit&sharp) + powerful big mystery striker...?!?

Oh well , we can but dream of that team.

ps. I am over it ok. What are you doing on this thread anyway?

[quote user="Fat Strawberry"]

[/quote]

Apols Houston didn''t read your post properly, it was Hucks who got fouled by Donovan.

Will someone sort this friggin server out??!!

MARSHALL

OMOZUSI         KENNEDY         STEFANOVIC         BERTRAND

CLINGAN

BELL                      RUSSELL(get up there Rusty)            HUCKERBY

HOOLAHAN

LUPOLI  /  +Mr Mystery(Iverson?)

OK I need to field 12 for my team [;)]

[quote user="walks on water"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Finished 3-2 to San Jose, Hucks goal and 2 assists, bet he''s having the time of his life out there.[/quote]

Yeah agreed.

Could really do with him in our present squad...can you imagine with Hoolihan as playmaker/in the hole and Rusty & Clingan behind...Lupoli(once fit&sharp) + powerful big mystery striker...?!?

[/quote]Hucks and Hoolahan together would have been awesome. Hoolahan will not play wide left he will come inside like he did after 15 mins against Colchester.

We can but dream.

[quote user="walks on water"]

Yeah agreed.

[/quote]Hucks and Hoolahan together would have been awesome. Hoolahan will not play wide left he will come inside like he did after 15 mins against Colchester.

We can but dream.

The LA Galaxy commentators are going on and on about how LA deserve the win, are playing great football, etc.  - Fozzie

I was watching the game with Spanish commentary so if there was bias, I couldn''t tell you.  However, it seemed to me that SJ had the ball way WAY more than LA did, and they certainly had 5 or 6 more good scoring opportunities than LA did.  Ball movement, passing, attacking SJ looked very much in control, although a couple of Doherty moments got the score tied at 2 until the last minute winner.

The LA announcers are obviously very biased if they seriously thought LA should have won that game.  The fact they COULD win that game was surprising after being outplayed so badly. 

As the game progressed, I heard "Hockairby" mentioned by the commentators more and more frequently.

http://web.mlsnet.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2008/open/gp/08/080308_lagsje_gp_350.wmv&id=23792&pid=undefined&_mp=1

highlights of all 5 gols here