Sign in to follow this  
Clint

We Are Rubish!

I really hope Glen is going to pull his rabbit out of the hat soon cos I''m startin to loose to faith.....  In the last week we''ve been stuffed by a pretty average Spurse team, scraped a draw against Kings Lynn and pullled off a 2-2 at home to the mighty relegated Colchester.

I''m not sure that a team full of cheap average loan players is exactly what I was expecting when Glen said ''don''t worry about Huckerby, you will have new hero''s to worship''!  Like most of the Carrow Rd mugs, I shelled out my £400 a long time ago but am still awating my new hero''s Glenn?  Maybe I should relocate to San Jose, seems they have a acquires a cheap player of ability?!?

Why am I a prat?  Because I don''t buy into the crap that I''m fed by the Carrow Rd spin machine?!?  I''ve been a season ticket holder for almost 20 years so I suppose my brain doess not function quite as well as it should! 

If you can tell me that by the time we''d reached 1 week before the new season you expected to have no signings of any note, you''re the prats!  I bet you''ve been holding out all pre-season for Ameobi, Rasiak, Eastwood etc.....where did Lupoli, OJ etc fit on your agenda for the current season?

You also think draws againts KL and Colchester, with a hammering from Spurs in bewtween as good prep for the new season do you?  did you even go.....I doubt it.

[quote user="Clint"]

I really hope Glen is going to pull his rabbit out of the hat soon cos I''m startin to loose to faith.....  In the last week we''ve been stuffed by a pretty average Spurse team, scraped a draw against Kings Lynn and pullled off a 2-2 at home to the mighty relegated Colchester.

I''m not sure that a team full of cheap average loan players is exactly what I was expecting when Glen said ''don''t worry about Huckerby, you will have new hero''s to worship''!  Like most of the Carrow Rd mugs, I shelled out my £400 a long time ago but am still awating my new hero''s Glenn?  Maybe I should relocate to San Jose, seems they have a acquires a cheap player of ability?!?

[/quote]

Shut up please,the season hasn''t even started ok the last couple of friendlies haven''t been played to the standard expected but least give the team time to gel. F**K off to san jose if you still gutted that huckerby isn''t wearing green and yellow we don''t need him one player doesn''t make a team and believe me hoolahan has so much more to offer than huckerbys one dimensional style of run at the defence and hope for the best.

The response to the original post typifies why this forum is of no consequence except to show why the typical City fan is as equally culpable as Delia as to why we are where we are.  A very real and reasonable concern is treated with unsupported derision by those who believe it’s the responsibility of a fan to give unquestioning obedience.  Look at history to tell you where that gets you.  Whatever the season brings no City fan should be happy right now, if they are happy they are either in touch with their future self or deluded.  Fact (and in any responses at least refer to this) Delia has lied to us, and in no way considered it necessary to justify it.  Likewise after Man City when she made us all like idiots.  She thinks she is beyond question, and you lot are to blame. You deserve what you get, unfortunately there are a lot of us who deserve something better.

Clint – I wouldn’t waste your breath.

[quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

By all means recolate if you wish but you might end up sitting next to someone like Houston Canary.

Leaving that risk aside you might also end up watching what looks suspiciously like League One football to me, possibly before your time.

This has to be the al time most ignorant post on this poxy site.  Huckerby was one dimensional compared to Hoolahan that we have seen for a handful of friendlies?   You sir are a c***[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

Shut up please,the season hasn''t even started ok the last couple of friendlies haven''t been played to the standard expected but least give the team time to gel. F**K off to san jose if you still gutted that huckerby isn''t wearing green and yellow we don''t need him one player doesn''t make a team and believe me hoolahan has so much more to offer than huckerbys one dimensional style of run at the defence and hope for the best.

[/quote]

A good point.  A few people need to wake up and smell the coffee.  We look league one and not much has changed in terms of quality. No money and a load of loans.  Not great is it?[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

By all means recolate if you wish but you might end up sitting next to someone like Houston Canary.

Leaving that risk aside you might also end up watching what looks suspiciously like League One football to me, possibly before your time.

[/quote]

By all means recolate if you wish but you might end up sitting next to someone like Houston Canary. - cameltedium

You oughtta recognize League One football based on the way the team has performed in preseason.  By staying there, he runs a greater risk of sitting next to someone like you, a far worse fate.  I enjoy the games I go to, but I''m sure you spend most of your time at them worrying about the world''s future if we don''t stop the corporations from taking over the precious dictatorial regimes and rampantly corrupted pseudo-democracies that have their people thriving.

Ooh, a movie featuring a fine example of British engineering is starting right now, Titanic.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]lol wat a prat[/quote]

Well done, what a well thought out and constructive post, how dare someone express an opinion different to yours.

[quote user="Bundy"]

The response to the original post typifies why this forum is of no consequence except to show why the typical City fan is as equally culpable as Delia as to why we are where we are.  A very real and reasonable concern is treated with unsupported derision by those who believe it’s the responsibility of a fan to give unquestioning obedience.  Look at history to tell you where that gets you.  Whatever the season brings no City fan should be happy right now, if they are happy they are either in touch with their future self or deluded.  Fact (and in any responses at least refer to this) Delia has lied to us, and in no way considered it necessary to justify it.  Likewise after Man City when she made us all like idiots.  She thinks she is beyond question, and you lot are to blame. You deserve what you get, unfortunately there are a lot of us who deserve something better.

Clint – I wouldn’t waste your breath.

[/quote]

Good post Bundy, except for the last line. Clint don''t let the b*****ds grind you down.

I''m sure Roeder knows this, and he''s praying to the heavens that we don''t get a bad run of injuries or get off to a bad start. I don''t think that some people realise just how far we have fallen - and just how far further we can fall.

oh dear...

Lupoli - has always been rated as one of the brightest youing striking talents around... but now hes at Norwich (and played all of 45 minutes football) he must be rubbish.OJ - only one thing needs to be said:   Harry Redknapp.Kennedy - Been rated as one of the brightest young centre halfs - oh but never mind the fact hes been injured for 3 years and hasn''t had much football and match practice... still managed to earn a new contract while in the treatment room however.Hoolahan - Everyone was dying for us to sign him,. but now we have hes rubbish.Clingan - People have said he looks quality, but quality must mean ribbish because he won''t do the spectacular.Omzusi - regarded as one of the best yoiung full backs around... but must be rubbish because hes on loan - which means his club still wants him - oh wait a minute...Bertrand - everyone wanted him back, wahey would you look at that...Bell - Can play anywhere across the midfield yet, but don''t worry when he eventually plays a game he will be rubbish as wellStefanovic - Yeah.. hes been involved in about 2 games of pre season, but should be looking world class after that - rubbish.Nelson - Not better than marshall - rubbish, give the kids a shot they might be as good as Ryan Jarvis!

For those who are a little slow, i''m taking the mick.

[quote user="Polar"]oh dear...

Lupoli - has always been rated as one of the brightest youing striking talents around... but now hes at Norwich (and played all of 45 minutes football) he must be rubbish.

OJ - only one thing needs to be said:   Harry Redknapp.

Kennedy - Been rated as one of the brightest young centre halfs - oh but never mind the fact hes been injured for 3 years and hasn''t had much football and match practice... still managed to earn a new contract while in the treatment room however.

Hoolahan - Everyone was dying for us to sign him,. but now we have hes rubbish.

Clingan - People have said he looks quality, but quality must mean ribbish because he won''t do the spectacular.

Omzusi - regarded as one of the best yoiung full backs around... but must be rubbish because hes on loan - which means his club still wants him - oh wait a minute...

Bertrand - everyone wanted him back, wahey would you look at that...

Bell - Can play anywhere across the midfield yet, but don''t worry when he eventually plays a game he will be rubbish as well

Stefanovic - Yeah.. hes been involved in about 2 games of pre season, but should be looking world class after that - rubbish.

Nelson - Not better than marshall - rubbish, give the kids a shot they might be as good as Ryan Jarvis!

For those who are a little slow, i''m taking the mick.
[/quote]

LOL, we are really really rubish...... who can we stand a chance on the players we have brought in oh no even when some of them haven''t played people are saying we are rubbish oh well

[quote user="JC"]This has to be the al time most ignorant post on this poxy site.  Huckerby was one dimensional compared to Hoolahan that we have seen for a handful of friendlies?   You sir are a c***

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Clint"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

oh well another confused poster on this forum. Look a hoolahan last year as well he was fantastic. It''s a shame that now you have a lot of individauls using san jose as a threat in there posts its a waste of time and really has little to do with norwich. Any time an opinion can''t be formed constructively its oh well I my have to support san jose. It like alot of you on here supported norwich because of you hero huckerby and well thats just a shame.

I have had enough of you idiots.  Arsenal have lost to Boreham Wood in pre season before now it means nothing.  Its about fitness that is all.

There''s not really much point Polar.  Surely it is clear for all to see that we are crap, all the players, the manager, the board, the CEO - they are all crap.  And it seems that by inference the majority of supporters who still support the side, well they are crap as well. 

People will always have kneekerk reactions to poor results, and go a bit over the top when we win (though there was never a ''win'' situation for the game yesterday - we all know that if we won it was only to be expected and the performance would have been ripped to shreds anyway).  But ripping the side, and more particularly all the new signings, to shreds based on a couple of pre-season friendlies is feeble in the extreme. 

I''ve been following NCFC for 25 years and don''t remember us ever having a particularly good pre-season in all that time.  But long ago learned that both the games and the results are meaningless.  These matches are purely a chance for teams to get a run out, try a few things, get new players used to their surroundings/teammates in a semi competitive match.  The real stuff starts next week, and as long as they are ready for it I couldn''t care a stuff about the results vs Spurs or Colchester.

I am also very worried about what I''ve seen so far Clint, and it does look suspiciously like crap. But the point is you just cant tell from pre-season stuff. There have been loads of times in years gone past when we have looked crap with things not looking good only for the season itself to be completely different (remember beating Arsenal 4 - 2 away in the first game of the season after we had sold our leading scorer, Fleck, just weeks before?).

Having said all that I am still concerned. The defence looks so disorganised I cant wait for Docs to get fit and the attack has shown no cutting edge at all. Top that with Roeders second season record and the fact that we no longer have any leaders on the pitch and it all looks rather flimsey to me. Its not long now before we see which way the coin will fall...  

You have to be worried , the defence looks weak the midfield average and the strikers non existant , it ok people saying it will be ok but they were saying the exact same things last season bigging up players they knew nothing about. Afraid Delia may just have turned away the best chance this club will ever have of competing again this summer and if we do go down the blame can be laid entirely at her door , and the reality is if we canot compete with the likes of Bristol ,Coventry and Forest in the transfer market then League 1 is probably where we belong .Major rebuild needed and our top signing is a player from Luton for £400,000 now can anybody say thats not laughable ? its enough to make you cry , you get what you pay for and we dont even pay peanuts at this club .

How can you say we haven''t competed with the likes of Forest and Coventry?  Coventry wanted Bell, he came to us.  Forest wanted to keep Clingan but he chose to come to us.  Perhaps a few facts in your moanings might be in order?

I can understand people being concerned about how we are going to be - this is the same every season - but to completely right off the side and signings before a competitive ball has been kicked in anger is far too soon for me. 

[quote user="astrodyne"]I''m sure Roeder knows this, and he''s praying to the heavens that we don''t get a bad run of injuries or get off to a bad start. I don''t think that some people realise just how far we have fallen - and just how far further we can fall.[/quote]

''''astrodyne"  spot on with that.

I have been to most pre season and yesterdays performance was not good in fact bad imop, even GR had to blast the team just before half time that resulted in a round of applause from those behind him, on this showing and i now we may have a couple of new faces to come its no change from last season, there has to be a DRAMATIC change to stay up let allone get to top six.

[quote user="JC"]Why is he a prat? On what point is he wrong?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]lol wat a prat[/quote][/quote]

Prob ably the average Spurs qte for starters!

We sign a few players and peoples expectations rocket. Our fans are a joke! Realistically, we cant fix last yr overnight. We wont make the playoffs or be promoted/ Top 12 is great progress!

REALITY CHECK!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

We sign a few players and peoples expectations rocket. Our fans are a joke! Realistically, we cant fix last yr overnight. We wont make the playoffs or be promoted/ Top 12 is great progress!

REALITY CHECK!

[/quote]

You are right.  Our fans are a joke.  We have not even played a competitive game yet but there are people saying we are certainties for relegation, that all our signings are crap.  With fans like these, who needs enemies?

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

REALITY CHECK!

[/quote]

You are right.  Our fans are a joke.  We have not even played a competitive game yet but there are people saying we are certainties for relegation, that all our signings are crap.  With fans like these, who needs enemies?

[/quote]

I dont subscribe to slagging off the players at all as long as they show willing and give 110% even if they''re loseing week in week out, o we''ve all got to get behind the boys. What i fail to understand is the amount of support for certain people who have had so many chances to give all to the club and throw it back into the Supporters faces,and yet they still get behind these individuas. GR can only get the quality he can afford and you pay for what you get so support the boys come what may.