Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The only trouble with Kennedy!!

And this is nothing to do with his ability, proven or otherwise, so calm down!.

No, it his knee injury which concerns me most, and the annoying fact, that once again we''re getting a player fit for his parent clubs most crucial time from January onwards next year.............and of course, we''ve out bid PNE & Motherwell for the privilage of doing so!

Its Pearce all over again, I''m surpised GR''s fell for it again.[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

And this is nothing to do with his ability, proven or otherwise, so calm down!.

No, it his knee injury which concerns me most, and the annoying fact, that once again we''re getting a player fit for his parent clubs most crucial time from January onwards next year.............and of course, we''ve out bid PNE & Motherwell for the privilage of doing so!

Its Pearce all over again, I''m surpised GR''s fell for it again.[:S]

[/quote]

Quick phone Glenn Roeder I don'' think he realised! Seriously we wouldn''t have signed him unless GR and the physio team thought he could cope at championship level. What happened to Matthew Bates was just plain bad luck.

Cannot disagree with you on that one. I''ve just read the EDP which stated that Kennedy has just recovered from a knee injury having recovered from his previous knee injury which  kept him out for three years''.

wiz started with a decent post, I agreed that we''re getting somone fit for their parent club and paying for it, but then to say roeder has fallen for some sort of plan is a bit strange. You can never tell how a bloke is gonna react  to an old injury but surely he''s better than doc.and on the roeder to division one? is that the barclays league division one? or did you somewhat bizarrely mean league one?

Surely his injury history is one of the main reasons he is here only on loan.   If he gets another bad injury then he is shipped back to Celtic and we go out and get someone else in on loan.   If he stays fit, plays well then we just have to hope that Celtic are top of the league and dont need him back for the 2nd half of the season.   If he goes back then we look for a replacement in January.   We may even see the best of Doc and Shax now that they have some competition for the first time since we got relegated.  

You mean Bates, not Pearce I think. It is a big risk, because he must be a world away from being match-fit and sharp. I hope and trust GR''s done his homework.

Yeah it is a ''risk'', but I think everyone on here, and at the club will have acknowledged that. For all we know Glenn has something in place with Celtic in case a recurrence of the injury takes place.

A risk, but one that is worth it I think.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Yeah it is a ''risk'', but I think everyone on here, and at the club will have acknowledged that. For all we know Glenn has something in place with Celtic in case a recurrence of the injury takes place. A risk, but one that is worth it I think.[/quote]

Exactly. Life is a risk, but Wiz would have been happier spneding £1m + on a permanent signing, but then that''s a risk, what happens if it doesn''t come off? At least with this one it''s comparitively risk free.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Did you mean Bates, Wiz? Pearce was an excellent loan signing.
[/quote]

Yes I did Robert, sorry peeps.

Kennedy was a good player, he''s highly respected and thats fine with me, but his knee injury history isn''t a state secret and I don''t think we can or should just ignore it.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Did you mean Bates, Wiz? Pearce was an excellent loan signing.
[/quote]

Yes I did Robert, sorry peeps.

Kennedy was a good player, he''s highly respected and thats fine with me, but his knee injury history isn''t a state secret and I don''t think we can or should just ignore it.

[/quote]

I don''t think anybody is ''just'' ignoring his knee injury. Would you rather every player that has had a knee injury retire from the game? He''s only 24, plenty still to offer to whatever club he plays for.

I wonder whether if he has a recurrence of his knee problems if we get to send him back to Celtic and cancel the loan at no cost to us? It would seem like a sensible clause to have in place, but do such things exist? It seems like the loaning team is in such a beggar''s position that it probably doesn''t...

You may be right about his injury, but he and his manager are expecting him to be back in the Celtic first team from January. His reason for coming to coming to us is to get regular first team football.The other problem with him, of course, is that we have him only for 5 months, August - December, although it is admittedly a good part of the season. So unless GR can find a replacement at some point from January our central defence will have either Shax or Doc, or both.

Disagree Wiz, surely our target is to be in contention by Christmas, new transfer window then opens in which GR has already impressed us with his ability to bring in key players when needed.

An 80% fit Kennedy would be an enomous improvement on last year IMHO.

What concerns me is hes suppose to be on 30 grand a week and Celtic wanted all of that paid, plus he sad he preferred Motherwell so he doesn''t really want to be here aka Brellier.

[quote user="Polar"]What concerns me is hes suppose to be on 30 grand a week and Celtic wanted all of that paid, plus he sad he preferred Motherwell so he doesn''t really want to be here aka Brellier.
[/quote]

I''d be amazed that he is on 30k a week bearing in mind he''s hardly played in the last 3 years. Even if he was i''d be amazed that we''re paying very much of them. Mark McGhee said Celtic wanted a loan fee and Motherwell couldn''t afford it. Also the reason why he probably preferred Motherwell was because he went on a pre-season tour with them before we expressed an interest. He is a professional, I expect him to give it everything for the cause.

There is no way I can see us paying £30k a week for a centre back who has pretty much played no football for 3 years. 

Hopefully he will show that he is now over the knee problems and will prove to be a rock beside Stefanovic up to January, then we will see what happens from there.

No way is he on 30k a week, not a chance and most clubs who get loans, pay a certain amount of the wages and pay a loan fee.

I do think it is a risk buying someone who has been out for a while, but like said earlier, we would have put him through a tough test and checked and rechecked his knee.

He has the potential to do well and likewise to do bugger all. Thats the risk with loans.

£30k per week! No chance. Try nearer £10k which is lower than we were paying Hucks. The finances up here in Scotland are such that no club, even the old firm, can pay that much nowadays. Rangers for example turned down Shittu from Watford because he was asking for £15-20k per week so there''s no way a squad player like Kennedy will be on that much.

He was deemed good enough to get picked for Scotland (albeit under Berti Vogts!) so there''s definitely potential there if we can tap into it.

I read it was 30k somewhere, think it was Sky sports... not sure though, i may be and i hope i am wrong though and i suppose the probablity lies in that direction.

He does not really want to be here though and as he said his main aim is to be playing for Celtic by January, surely the money we are paying to loan this guy would of been put to better use signing a centre half on a permanent deal and one who really wants to play for us .

Suppose it depends on the wages. Are we paying all of them? If he gets injured will we continue to pay him until January or will Celtic? etc etc.