Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

CURETON!!!!

worked hard took his chance well seemed to have sorted his issues out from last season

I thought he should have gone off after he scored.  Didnt see him touch the ball after that.

[quote user="Duffman"]I thought he should have gone off after he scored.  Didnt see him touch the ball after that.[/quote]Didn''t help that we started hitting the long ball after 25 minutes though!

[quote user="bass is best"]i thought he had a good game all round, linked up with Hoolahan well!!![/quote]

Totally agree and he really seems sharper than last season

Stick Lupoli alongside him for Colchester and see how they work together!

Curo will hit good form this season I think, looked very good last time being stuck up there on his own!

imo GR tried the 4-5-1 and it worked well for us 1st half...then class just shone through.....hope he doesnt play pattison to much this year..he was poooo

curo took his goal very well...lets hope his confidence is back....and martin as a backup striker...NOOOOOOOOOO

defo need a target man....lets hope ameoboi is on his way

I thought he took his goal well but then that is the kind of chance that should be tucked away for fun.

Other than that I thought he did the best he could and showed some decent touches.

I still struggle to see him being a major success for us because of his lack of height and pace. You can''t hoof the ball to him because it''s needle in a hay stack and you can''t thread the ball through because he can''t run defenders.

has been very sharp so far in pre-season from what i''ve seen and heard, a confident, sharp Jamie Cureton is more than capable of scoring goals at this level, it''s just when he''s not firing he doesnt have the other parts of his game to make up for being sharp in front of goal like others do. If Roeder gets in the 2 strikers he wants and 1 of them is a big man with good control i can see Cureton as well as Lupoli doing well this year

I think he''s capable of scoring goals at this level.

Can he score enough goals and do it reliably? I don''t think so.

If he scores in 15-20 different league matches this season I''d be well impressed and would happily say I was wrong about him.

Give him a big man, some service and some confidence from GR, then he will score a hatful, I''m sure of that. He seems more of a poacher than Luopli, so will be vital.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

He did the best he could last night. Had no service but took the one real chance he had!

[/quote]

But is his best good enough to get us to the play-offs/promoted?

No Jarrold King it isn''t, hopefully if he doesn''t score any people will begin to realise his season at Col U was a flash in the pan, and someone can step in and take his place.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No Jarrold King it isn''t, hopefully if he doesn''t score any people will begin to realise his season at Col U was a flash in the pan, and someone can step in and take his place.[/quote]

I echo that

Cannot see Cureton starting once the two new strikers arrive and Lupoli gets clearance to play .

not the best in the world but a good one to have around the team,you can see he loves the club.he will be our super sub this year

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

imo GR tried the 4-5-1 and it worked well for us 1st half...then class just shone through.....hope he doesnt play pattison to much this year..he was poooo

curo took his goal very well...lets hope his confidence is back....and martin as a backup striker...NOOOOOOOOOO

defo need a target man....lets hope ameoboi is on his way

[/quote]he had to play 4-5-1 cos of lupoli not having international clearance

[quote user="ncfcstar"]No Jarrold King it isn''t, hopefully if he doesn''t score any people will begin to realise his season at Col U was a flash in the pan, and someone can step in and take his place.[/quote]What are you on my friend?Cureton is an excellent goal poacher with good first touch.  He is a great player to have in the Championship he brings experiance and passion to the club and he works so hard.If your thoughts are based on last season, his poor performance (although still scoring around 11 goals for a struggling side) last season was down to a sheer lack of confidence and in the months to come i feel he will be sharp and get this club to were it belongs.

I''m not on anything, passion albeit an asset doesn''t always win you games, and Cureton proved that last season.

His performance last season was, to be honest, pretty dire. Remember 3 of those goals came in one match, and even then he missed sitters. He missed so many guilt edged opportunities last season that only people with blind faith can still see him as a genuine starter and goal threat.

How could he have such a lack of confidence when the team went on such an unbeaten run, and what is to say he will be so much more confident this season?

Fair enough give him a chance, but if he doesn''t prove himself within the first few games of the season, then I see no reason to keep him in the starting XI.

I agree that if he dosent perform in the first few games he should be out.When i played football as a kid its always helped me if the team and coach were behind me and i had confidence, i could always score then sometimes it just gives you that little bit more something you need.  Also he had a lot of pressure last year as there were really no other proven strikers bar Dublin in the squad so that must have been in the back of his mind.Im sure this will be his last season as hes getting on an he cant cope with the physicality of this divison much longer so i hope he has a good one but id rather pit my hopes on the shoulders of some one else dosent look like amy more signings are in the works at the moment...

I don''t see any logic in saying that his good season with Colchester was a flash in the pan and his disappointing one last year was the real Jamie.

Why couldn''t it be the other way round?

It will be a long, hard season. If GR signs a real target man like Iwelumo at Colchester, then Jamie could score up to 20, but in general given his lack of height to score headers I think that 15 is a more realistic forecast. It was disheartening on Monday that in the second half we went to the old Norwich long ball.He needs consistency - too often he spurns the easy chances and scores the hard ones.

Because Mr. Lim, when was Cureton proved throughout his career that that season at Col U wasn''t flash in the pan?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I feel a little smug today!

Well done Jamie, some of us never doubted!![Y]

[/quote]Yep, good call as always Wiz. [:)]