Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Reinstate Neil Adams?

Having watched and enjoyed the Canaries from the flames Vid, I would like to ask one question.  This is the call where Neil Adams gave his opinon on Darren Huckerby and paid the price, Adams is in the Hall of fame and frankly a chap who loves the club.

Have a listen and answer quite simply (with a small reason why if you feel the need )............

Did this view, warrant his sacking and would you reinstate him now it''s all water under the bridge, yes or no?

http://www.freewebs.com/canarycall/eventsactivities.htm

I didn''t think there was one specific call that peed GR off, it was more of a ''drip-drip'' effect of several calls over several weeks. 

To be fair to Adams, he was perfectly entitled to his opinion and in his commentary/call-in role it would be a pretty pointless exercise if he didn''t voice it, but to be equally fair to GR you don''t really want to be hearing one of your ''underlings'' slagging off your decisions on live radio.  I''ve always thought that the severing of links was probably best for both parties; people had often claimed that his links to the club left Adams a bit tied, so it is now not an issue.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

Having watched and enjoyed the Canaries from the flames Vid, I would like to ask one question.  This is the call where Neil Adams gave his opinon on Darren Huckerby and paid the price, Adams is in the Hall of fame and frankly a chap who loves the club.

Have a listen and answer quite simply (with a small reason why if you feel the need )............

Did this view, warrant his sacking and would you reinstate him now it''s all water under the bridge, yes or no?

[/quote]Don''t care.Been dealt with now. Move on.Hopefully it does mean that he''ll be a little more opinionated this season though.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

Haha, That caller talking about the offsides was stupid. Anyone else think he sounded a little bit drunk?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]No, we should let it be... no need to stir up a hornet''s nest, its dealt with.[/quote]Monkey, that''s my point, he really could do a job for the youth.

[quote user="Larry David"]What exactly would he offer? [/quote]A childs eye that sees a man who''s played at Carrow Road and can coach as well. I would have been happy when I was a youth to get that.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Larry David"]What exactly would he offer? [/quote]A childs eye that sees a man who''s played at Carrow Road and can coach as well. I would have been happy when I was a youth to get that.[/quote]Very much doubt any kids these days care about Neil Adams mate!

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Larry David"]What exactly would he offer? [/quote]A childs eye that sees a man who''s played at Carrow Road and can coach as well. I would have been happy when I was a youth to get that.[/quote]Very much doubt any kids these days care about Neil Adams mate![/quote]That''s a sad picture you paint Larry, very sad indeed.  New Heroes and all that. I reckon a few youth take onboard who hes is.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

I''m an employer and I''ve never rehired anyone I have sacked.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS: Not into the water under the bridge stuff personally.

I pay their salary and their sick pay and the NI employer contribution.

I have sent very few out of the door in the last 11 years but I believe that when I have done so I was absolutely right.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="AndyJR"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS: Not into the water under the bridge stuff personally.

I pay their salary and their sick pay and the NI employer contribution.

I have sent very few out of the door in the last 11 years but I believe that when I have done so I was absolutely right.

[/quote]

Bloke is good at his job.  My idea of Yes an No - not working!

[quote user="Tony Da''Wonderful"]Roeder was right IMO, still no way back for Adams![/quoRoder was wrong dude - wrong

The Huckerby issue was not the main problem with for Neil Addams imop, as i understand it he was the Chief Scout for the club and on past overall performance he should have gone long ago, i would think that most players who came in on his recommendations did not exactly do well did they.

[quote user="Bassy"]The Huckerby issue was not the main problem with for Neil Addams imop, as i understand it he was the Chief Scout for the club and on past overall performance he should have gone long ago, i would think that most players who came in on his recommendations did not exactly do well did they.[/quote]No. He was a coach for the Under 11''s or something.Alan Wood was the cheif scout, everyone knows that. Why would the club employ their cheif scout, only for him to go and work on the radios on the busiest football games of the week? Some of you blow my mind..

As I said in a previous thread, Adams was the under 14''s coach for about 6/7 years. In that time, he never got promoted. Surely if he was as good as you claim Andy, he''d be at least coaching more senior players?

why have the posts (incorrectly) regarding Neil as the cheif scout been deleted?

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Larry David"]What exactly would he offer?
[/quote]

A childs eye that sees a man who''s played at Carrow Road and can coach as well. I would have been happy when I was a youth to get that.

[/quote]Agree wirh you entirely Andy but am afraid you are blowing against the wind.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Larry David"]What exactly would he offer? [/quote]A childs eye that sees a man who''s played at Carrow Road and can coach as well. I would have been happy when I was a youth to get that.[/quote]Agree wirh you entirely Andy but am afraid you are blowing against the wind.[/quote]Indeed I''m sure your right, sadly.

one of my friends boys plays down the acadamy and they all reckond that Adams wasn''t a very good coach so I shouldn''t think there would be any place for him on the coaching side of things