Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Club to meet Cullum for talks - full story

It is time for change within the upper echelons at Carrow Road. Move over Delia et al and let someone else take the club foward. Bring on the Cullum dynasty.

I can''t see any quotes from the Club in that story Pete - have they commented on, or confirmed this story?

There''s nothing on the official site and the quotes all seem to be from Mr Cullum.

On the face of it sounds positive but still feel this has a bit to run yet. Don''t forget they talked before and it didn''t lead to anything. I suspect the club feel they have little choice but to meet up given the corner PC has been backing them into. Does not necessarily mean a deal that was unacceptable to them has suddenly become acceptable. I hope though that a deal can be done that benefits all parties. Wonder if they are happy that the meeting has been made public though. Again puts them on the spot a bit as all the fans will be waiting for the outcome of the talks. May not be helpful transfer wise as well as clubs will think we are in takeover talks!

This is the one we have bee waiting for.  If Delia does not borker a deal now she will lose every bit of fan support.  Some sort of deal is on its way, if they back out of talks and the team struggles, they have no excuses and will be toast.My concern is future transfer targets suddenly being more expensive and some of the idiots on here demanding Roeders head because we dont sign Ronaldo.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Click here[/quote]

[quote user="jetstream"]I can''t see any quotes from the Club in that story Pete - have they commented on, or confirmed this story? There''s nothing on the official site and the quotes all seem to be from Mr Cullum.[/quote]

Quite so jetstream.  The club have missed (another) trick imo.  We don''t know whether they''d have kept it quiet, but in any event he''s beaten them to it.  Naturally this information will keep the fans on the alert, but he''s only told us what we have a perfect right to know and no more.  I suspect he''s as fed up with the CR spin as we are and has decided to circumvent it.

He''s a very bright individual, Mr Cullum.  He is definitely calling the shots.  I''d be a bit surprised now if this deal goes down.  My main concern is how long it could drag on before D&M bow to the inevitable.

"They have said it costs £56m to buy Norwich City - technically they are right"... and for everyone to be slagging Delia off at her "overpricing"... even Cullum admits it was right. Obviously there are shades of grey, and areas that could change, but it goes to expose some of the crap said about her.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Wonder if they are happy that the meeting has been made public though. Again puts them on the spot a bit as all the fans will be waiting for the outcome of the talks. [/quote]

I think that may be a deliberate ploy by Mr C..................God, I like the mans style!.[Y]

[quote user="ob1"]"They have said it costs £56m to buy Norwich City - technically they are right"

... and for everyone to be slagging Delia off at her "overpricing"... even Cullum admits it was right. Obviously there are shades of grey, and areas that could change, but it goes to expose some of the crap said about her.
[/quote]

I doubt he is renowned as a major deal maker by sticking to all rules. He wont want to repay the current managed debt in one go but so just has to agree a fee with delia for her controlling stake - but will she let it go and at a realistic price.

[quote user="RobertMack"]

[quote user="ob1"]"They have said it costs £56m to buy Norwich City - technically they are right"

... and for everyone to be slagging Delia off at her "overpricing"... even Cullum admits it was right. Obviously there are shades of grey, and areas that could change, but it goes to expose some of the crap said about her.
[/quote]

I doubt he is renowned as a major deal maker by sticking to all rules. He wont want to repay the current managed debt in one go but so just has to agree a fee with delia for her controlling stake - but will she let it go and at a realistic price.

[/quote]

It''s called negotiation, Robert. They''ll get around a table and thrash out a price - the £56million is merely a starting point. IMO, this is very encouraging news.

[quote user="RobertMack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope Delia & Co hold out for every last penny! And not just for her shares but for the new player budget. Cullum is a clever man and has done a brilliant job of getting massive support from fans judging by this message board. But a promise of just £20m may not be very much going forward - especially if success doesn''t happen overnight. By all accounts he can afford more - much more - though his warning at the outset that he wouldn''t pump a lot more than £20m into the club seems to be overlooked. I bet he doesn''t sell his shares when the time comes (assuming he finally acquires any) on the cheap. I sincerely hope that once he has control over all the club''s assets, he doesn''t abuse that postion.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="RobertMack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope Delia & Co hold out for every last penny! And not just for her shares but for the new player budget. Cullum is a clever man and has done a brilliant job of getting massive support from fans judging by this message board. But a promise of just £20m may not be very much going forward - especially if success doesn''t happen overnight. By all accounts he can afford more - much more - though his warning at the outset that he wouldn''t pump a lot more than £20m into the club seems to be overlooked. I bet he doesn''t sell his shares when the time comes (assuming he finally acquires any) on the cheap. I sincerely hope that once he has control over all the club''s assets, he doesn''t abuse that postion.

[/quote]

Thats right pal, put the boot in already why don''t you?...............now remind me again who our latest signing is.[:@]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="RobertMack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats right pal, put the boot in already why don''t you?...............now remind me again who our latest signing is.[:@]

[/quote]

Ryan Bertrand. A shrewd loan signing from the 2nd richest team in the world. A highly promising left back who was linked with Prem new boys Hull. Wiz......where have you been? [;)]

If he saif ''20 million this year and then 20 million next year'' would that not send out a HUGE message to the football league and make everyone raise their prices when dealing with us?  He had already committed 5 million in Jan and 15 million if we stayed up - so if you read between the lines rather than spouting off you can see the 20 million is just an initial appetizer.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="RobertMack"]

[quote user="ob1"]"They have said it costs £56m to buy Norwich City - technically they are right"... and for everyone to be slagging Delia off at her "overpricing"... even Cullum admits it was right. Obviously there are shades of grey, and areas that could change, but it goes to expose some of the crap said about her.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="RobertMack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ryan Bertrand. A shrewd loan signing from the 2nd richest team in the world. A highly promising left back who was linked with Prem new boys Hull. Wiz......where have you been? [;)]

[/quote]

Is that the same Ryan Bertrand who was destroyed and skinned alive at Portman Road in the derby mate?[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="RobertMack"]

[quote user="ob1"]"They have said it costs £56m to buy Norwich City - technically they are right"... and for everyone to be slagging Delia off at her "overpricing"... even Cullum admits it was right. Obviously there are shades of grey, and areas that could change, but it goes to expose some of the crap said about her.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that the same Ryan Bertrand who was destroyed and skinned alive at Portman Road in the derby mate?[:(]

[/quote]Wiz is right. He did have a bad game that day, and therefore is useless and should never play for the club again.

[quote user="JC"]This is the one we have bee waiting for.  If Delia does not borker a deal now she will lose every bit of fan support.  Some sort of deal is on its way, if they back out of talks and the team struggles, they have no excuses and will be toast.

My concern is future transfer targets suddenly being more expensive and some of the idiots on here demanding Roeders head because we dont sign Ronaldo.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Click here[/quote][/quote] It does take 2 to make a deal! Failure could be down to either or both parties.....

[/quote]

This sounds like he agrees the £56m valuation ( allowing for the £20m re-negotiation of loans)

I hope he just gets on with it now, fingers crossed eh? [8-)]

[quote user="JC"]If he saif ''20 million this year and then 20 million next year'' would that not send out a HUGE message to the football league and make everyone raise their prices when dealing with us?  He had already committed 5 million in Jan and 15 million if we stayed up - so if you read between the lines rather than spouting off you can see the 20 million is just an initial appetizer.[/quote]Does reading between the lines mean not reading the "and no more" line at all?  I think you are getting your hopes up and ignoring the evidence mate.

I find it hard to believe that once he has control of the club and has retired to "give away hundreds of millions of pounds to charities" as he has stated he would not put in further funds if they became necessary to push for promotion to the prem league. People get sucked in to this football business and it would be in his interests for us to be in the prem.

“They have said it costs £56m to buy Norwich City - technically they are right but that assumes that the debt has to be repaid - there might be clauses with the loan providers - but I know those providers would be happy to renegotiate with me."

Is this a sign he might have a tiny temptation to pay the £56 million or just that if he becomes involved and gets some power he could re-negotiate bank loans?

Not sure how it is meant to be read... (maybe I''m being too optimistic over this news ^_^)

[quote user="jetstream"]I can''t see any quotes from the Club in that story Pete - have they commented on, or confirmed this story? There''s nothing on the official site and the quotes all seem to be from Mr Cullum.[/quote]

But today the self-confessed city fan - who is worth an estimated £1.7bn - told the Evening News: “Delia and Michael have had a change of heart and felt it would be worthwhile sitting down to discuss the parameters.

“At this stage it is still just an indicative offer. We are going to look at whether a deal can be done. At least we are talking now, before there was no dialogue.

why would he say that if it wasnt the case?

jas :)

I can''t believe how much arrdee is missing! He will be in shock when he finds out.

"why would he say that if it wasnt the case?"

I don''t know. Maybe it''s all true (and if so, then it''s potentially great news).

Or maybe this is just another part of Cullum''s PR campaign - what happens if they fail to meet?

PC can turn around and claim he''s being blocked again: cue uproar from the fans.

Still nothing on the canaries.co.uk site from the Ciub - I''m just interested to hear it from that side as well.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Nearly every Norwich player on that day was destroyed and skinned alived, including a certain Huckerby, it was a very bad day for the entire team.

At last, it''s about time they sat down and talked instead of Cullum doing it through the media!

This will be the first time they''ve had proper contact for over six months, so let''s all hope that eventually something positive comes out of this...

I would have thought that after blowing this whole affair up through the media, DS and MWJ are probably a little annoyed. I fail to see how this can be a constructive meeting. PC has being making all the noises that go with a hostile takeover, getting the fans on Board and rightly or wrongly demonising the current Board for instance.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="JC"]If he saif ''20 million this year and then 20 million next year'' would that not send out a HUGE message to the football league and make everyone raise their prices when dealing with us?  He had already committed 5 million in Jan and 15 million if we stayed up - so if you read between the lines rather than spouting off you can see the 20 million is just an initial appetizer.
[/quote]

Does reading between the lines mean not reading the "and no more" line at all?  I think you are getting your hopes up and ignoring the evidence mate.
[/quote]

I think what Mr Cullum means is hes willing to put up Â£20mill in the hope that we reach the prem. By reaching the prem the club should be able to run itself with very little required from himself. I wouldn''t think he''d just say "thats it, no more money now" if were in dire need of it.

Lets not forget the £20mill will probably be spread across 3 seasons (which is 6 transfer windows) and Glenn has a 3 year plan afterall.