Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Valentin Iliev

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]What ever happened to this guy?[/quote]We couldn''t get a work permit for him, if I remember rightly.

no one else has snapped him up either... must be a toilet player in a toilet league.... good players always get work permits

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no one else has snapped him up either... must be a toilet player in a toilet league.... good players always get work permits

[/quote]

Whether he''s a good player or not the rules are the rules.

[/quote]completely agree with this, if a player is good enough he will get one...look at chelsea for example, how many of their foreign brigade would actually get a work permit if they missed a few turnings and signed for barnet instead?

There are very clear rules on getting work permits - nothing to do with how "good" someones opinion of them is.

he could always just jump on a Lorry at Dover if he wanted to sign....

the government would then give him a 4 bedroom house and £400 a week

[/quote]

Only a 4 Bedroom house and just £400? He can''t be that clever either....

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Only a 4 Bedroom house and just £400? He can''t be that clever either....

[/quote]

well it is norwich he''d be living in.. the poor sod should be glad its not Ipswich... they''d put him in a barn and sew a 6th finger onto each hand

[quote user="ob1"]There are very clear rules on getting work permits - nothing to do with how "good" someones opinion of them is.[/quote]which can be very cleverely interpreted if you have the know-how and the contacts....which a certain peter kenyon might just have...I''m not saying your wrong ob1 but lets face it, it was even reported on the news last night (with regards to the credit crunch) fraud goes on at the highest level and us common peasants will simply never know what goes on behind the scenes of a multi-national company looking to succedd at all costs....unless of course you own one

[/quote]

FC Terek Grozny

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

FC Terek Grozny

[/quote]

toilet player... Toilet league

[quote user="sven_goran"]

Iliev''s goal against Liverpool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rfOVMZXGP4

[/quote]That was a spanking finish ! He hit that first time on the volly ? Jesus... hard shot to pull off if so !Still...I remember a certain Serbian looked the biz playing for Barca B on Youtube !!Although in fairness i dont think he really got a fair run out.

Inter Milan have signed Parma''s Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga

after his £7m move to Manchester City collapsed when he was refused a

UK work permit.
Toilet player, toilet league...

Bloody Italians and Spanish dont have permit laws !Used to anoy the pants off me on Footy manager, you would find some utter Gem of a Brazilian, Argentine or w/e and they would be a huge inflated 100k so after they accepted £25 and a packet of chips a week as wages they would end up not getting a work permit they would go off to Inter or somewhere.Then 5 seasons and a few internationals later Arse or Manure would snap em up for 20m +

the work permits also goes on weather the country they play in is in the top 70 in world rankings!

man city tried signing a player from parma n because he plays for kenya(they are 94) they couldnt get a work permit

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Inter Milan have signed Parma''s Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga after his £7m move to Manchester City collapsed when he was refused a UK work permit.

[/quote]

How do you know what is what?

[quote user="sven_goran"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Inter Milan have signed Parma''s Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga after his £7m move to Manchester City collapsed when he was refused a UK work permit.Toilet player, toilet league...[/quote]

[/quote]...but they don''t know what is what, they just strut, what the *$%!I''ll get my coat [:$]

[quote user="fonejacker"][quote user="sven_goran"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Inter Milan have signed Parma''s Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga after his £7m move to Manchester City collapsed when he was refused a UK work permit.

[/quote]

[/quote]

...but they don''t know what is what, they just strut, what the *$%!

I''ll get my coat [:$]
[/quote]

that''s untrue, but... that''s your opinion

Well I''m sure he would have been as successful as our previous European players...Velasco, Strihavka, Brellier to name but a few.

[/quote]Another bigot on here - every day this board disgusts me more.Are you going to accuse immigrants of taking our jobs and women and drinking our beer next?

You can appeal a work permit on the basis of exceptional talent, which is how some foriegn youth get permits, was also how Adam Llajic got his before United pulled out.

A real problem arises with a good player from  a country below 70th in the FIFA rankings even if he meets the criterion of playing at least 75% of his country''s full (A?) internationals in the previous two years.

It''s unfair that a player is ''judged'' on the basis of his country''s footballing status.

Maybe that was the problem with the Kenyan player Man City wanted to sign? I haven''t checked out the details.

OTBC 

[quote user="sven_goran"][quote user="fonejacker"][quote user="sven_goran"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Inter Milan have signed Parma''s Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga after his £7m move to Manchester City collapsed when he was refused a UK work permit.Toilet player, toilet league...[/quote]

[/quote]...but they don''t know what is what, they just strut, what the *$%!I''ll get my coat [:$][/quote]

that''s untrue, but... that''s your opinion

[/quote]I think the *69 reference may have been lost in translation there......... [:)]