Finally  and i say finally we are getting some much needed transfer activity.

GNG is still here, Is he telling the truth? Only time will tell! Ncfclad keeps trawling the sites to keep us informed but one thing that stands out more than anything is the moaning brigade, who before today were bemoaning the lack of transfers.

Alan Gow....A name some of us maybe familiar with is in talks with us. Brilliant i say! Another much needed player! But hang on! Here come the Negative Brigade! Just because some have never heard of him, it makes him a bad player. Just because he wasnt playing regularly for the Uefa Cup finalists, it makes him a bad player. Just because he is not breaking the bank, it makes him a bad player. I think you get the point.

I am getting fed up of people passing judgement before a player has even kicked a ball for us! How the hell can you do this? Rumbles of oh no, not another jock, make me die. Do they forget the good players we have had from up North?

I suppose to stop this thread being Huuuuuuuuge and to allow me to get back to work i just wanna say.....

FFS Negative Brigade quit your moaning and stop being so judgemental on players you know nothing about.

SPOT ON there ''can u sit down please'' - could not have put it any better myself. In fairness, it seems to be limited to a few idiots such as Smudger, Beaker, Wiz et al, so the majority are probably giving him the time to see what he can do.

totally agree with you, I trust Roeder to make the right decisions on players.....after all its his reputation and job on the line..........I am just looking forward to seeing a new bunch of players in the canary yellow shirts, I''m sure we''ll have something to cheer about this season

Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? 

[quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]

We certainly won''t recognise the new squad as he is signing players many of us have never set eyes on...

[quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]There will be a lot more, it''s only June, season dosent start ''till August. We''ll get a few all at once IMO when the window officially opens.Spot on though with the original post can u sit down, one of the best things I''ve read on here for ages.

Great post !

I am getting fed up of people just moaning about players we are linked with or players who we sign. Players need support and encouragement, not fans judging them before they have even walked on to the pitch. Every player we sign this summer needs to be encouraged by all of us fans, if fans get on the players back then the player is going to feel under pressure. Whereas if we support a player and make him feel good about himself then he will relax and hopefully play with confidence! C''mon lets support our team this season and get behind them, we are the 12th man out there!

OTBC

[quote user="NC1902"][quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]

There will be a lot more, it''s only June, season dosent start ''till August. We''ll get a few all at once IMO when the window officially opens.

Spot on though with the original post can u sit down, one of the best things I''ve read on here for ages.

[/quote]

In just 6 days the squad reports back at Colney..............now wake up!.[:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="NC1902"][quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]There will be a lot more, it''s only June, season dosent start ''till August. We''ll get a few all at once IMO when the window officially opens.Spot on though with the original post can u sit down, one of the best things I''ve read on here for ages.

[/quote]

[/quote]exactly SIX days.............whats your point? can''t we sign a few players in six days? FFS

Yes and on 1st July the transfer window opens so the new announcements will be there to join them.[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="NC1902"][quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]There will be a lot more, it''s only June, season dosent start ''till August. We''ll get a few all at once IMO when the window officially opens.Spot on though with the original post can u sit down, one of the best things I''ve read on here for ages.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

[quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]

We certainly won''t recognise the new squad as he is signing players many of us have never set eyes on...

[/quote]

Who really knew what Ched Evans was all about before he came here? And look what we think about him now! Don''t judge a player before you''ve seen him a few times!

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Finally  and i say finally we are getting some much needed transfer activity.

GNG is still here, Is he telling the truth? Only time will tell! Ncfclad keeps trawling the sites to keep us informed but one thing that stands out more than anything is the moaning brigade, who before today were bemoaning the lack of transfers.

Alan Gow....A name some of us maybe familiar with is in talks with us. Brilliant i say! Another much needed player! But hang on! Here come the Negative Brigade! Just because some have never heard of him, it makes him a bad player. Just because he wasnt playing regularly for the Uefa Cup finalists, it makes him a bad player. Just because he is not breaking the bank, it makes him a bad player. I think you get the point.

I am getting fed up of people passing judgement before a player has even kicked a ball for us! How the hell can you do this? Rumbles of oh no, not another jock, make me die. Do they forget the good players we have had from up North?

I suppose to stop this thread being Huuuuuuuuge and to allow me to get back to work i just wanna say.....

FFS Negative Brigade quit your moaning and stop being so judgemental on players you know nothing about.

[/quote]

TOP POST - some one with a lot of sense it seems

[quote user="NC1902"][quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

[/quote]

Who really knew what Ched Evans was all about before he came here? And look what we think about him now! Don''t judge a player before you''ve seen him a few times![/quote]So if we are not to judge a player before we see him why oh why do we have to keep listening to you lot telling us every player signed is class and an improvement when they most certainly are not .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="NC1902"][quote user="dickyst220"]Roeder said that we will not recognise the "new" squad, for him not to have his pants on fire there must be a lot more to come surely? [/quote]

There will be a lot more, it''s only June, season dosent start ''till August. We''ll get a few all at once IMO when the window officially opens.

Spot on though with the original post can u sit down, one of the best things I''ve read on here for ages.

[/quote]

[/quote]

In just 6 days it is the PLAYER REGISTRATION WINDOW

[quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha, I like it!

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"][quote user="NC1902"][quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

[/quote]

Who really knew what Ched Evans was all about before he came here? And look what we think about him now! Don''t judge a player before you''ve seen him a few times!
[/quote]

So if we are not to judge a player before we see him why oh why do we have to keep listening to you lot telling us every player signed is class and an improvement when they most certainly are not .
[/quote]

That''s a good point. Alan Gow a Scotland B international and Rangers reserve team player - I suppose that''s better than being a C international.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"][quote user="NC1902"][quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if we are not to judge a player before we see him why oh why do we have to keep listening to you lot telling us every player signed is class and an improvement when they most certainly are not .
[/quote]

Who is saying these players are class?  That is not mentioned in the posts you are quoting from above nor in the original post on the thread either. 

All that is being said is that it is stupid to judge either way until you have actually seen the player in question in action (either for his previous club or for us next season). 

You get what you pay for , its as simple as that ,good players are sold for high fees crap ones are dirt cheap , its much the same in all  things thats why a Rolls Royce costs a little more than a Fiesta, class you see , if you want it you pay for it.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]You get what you pay for , its as simple as that ,good players are sold for high fees crap ones are dirt cheap , its much the same in all  things thats why a Rolls Royce costs a little more than a Fiesta, class you see , if you want it you pay for it.
[/quote]

Yes and no.....our team under Mike Walker hardly broke the back. Hull and Bristol city last yr didnt spend much either. There are some bloody gd cheap players out there!

9 DONKEYS GONE THAT WERE NEVER GETTING IT THE 1ST TEAM REPLACED WITH PLAYERS WHO WILL COMPETE FOR PLACES WHICH WILL CREATE PASSION FANTASTIC I SAY KEEP EM COMEING GR AS I FOR 1 AM A  BELIEVER

" why do we have to keep listening to you lot telling us every player signed is class"More lies and twists from the anti club brigade. NO ONE is saying a signing is class.City fans are more of a ''wait and see'' mentality.City fans on here are peed off with the endlessly whinging and moaning from you lot BEFORE the player has even had a chance to prove himself.City fans might have a good guess why a certain number like yourself can only find fault.

ps note the ''you lot''

I see the Percy,s are still out in force, nout changes, a list of who we are going to buy end up with none of them, panic buy time coming up, Percy,s tell us all is well, our new players are world beaters, we are lucky to get them as Rochdale were in for them too, oh and yes we will get promoted this year.

City fans might have a good guess why a certain number like yourself can never find fault .

[quote user="Caaanary"]SPOT ON there ''can u sit down please'' - could not have put it any better myself. In fairness, it seems to be limited to a few idiots such as Smudger, Beaker, Wiz et al, so the majority are probably giving him the time to see what he can do.[/quote]

Well the amount of phone calls that I have had today saying what an utter joke we are sums up what many others think of our signings.

[quote user="thumb180"]9 DONKEYS GONE THAT WERE NEVER GETTING IT THE 1ST TEAM REPLACED WITH PLAYERS WHO WILL COMPETE FOR PLACES WHICH WILL CREATE PASSION FANTASTIC I SAY KEEP EM COMEING GR AS I FOR 1 AM A  BELIEVER[/quote]

9 out and one Klingon in... with rumours of another sweaty sock and a half baked replacement for huckerby...

Hardly what I call setting the transfer market alight!!! [:$]

This is stupid.  One of four things are going to happen:

1) You are right and GR''s signings suck and we''re a bottom table club again.  People see that we''re underfunded and you will rally more people against the board and you''ll have more credibility as an anti-management poster which is all well and good, for you.  Well done Smudger.  If it happens, I will be one of the first to say that more people should have listened to you.

2) We show improvement.  Not necessarily promotion this year, but an elevated quality of play/class that NCFC can be proud of, given our unwillingness/inability to sign the multi-million pound players like some other Championship clubs throwing money around this off-season. 

3) We are in the promotion chase this year, moving between 5th and 10th in the league, keeping our hopes us, making more people believers out of GR and his "new and improved " NCFC.  People will moan that we didn''t do quite enough to gain promotion, and still want to sack the board.

4) We get promoted. The Pink''un becomes a happy place once again and the cumudgeons will either own up to their foolishness/pessimism in GR before he''s had a chance to prove himself.

Now... which option are you rooting for?  Would you happily enjoy success from a club whose board you detest more than most war-criminals?  Even if that made you more of a pariah on these boards than you already are?  Or do you think we need another horrible year in order to shake up this board you hate so much?  If we had that horrible year, we might even find our own Marcus Evans with millions of sketchy pounds who would "set the transfer market alight."  Would that be more amenable to you?  I''m really curious as to what you''s prefer....  You be correct, we suck, and the board shook up, or we are in the top half of the table, with promotion possibilities, yet your countless posts racked up as just another board lunatic trying to get people into a frenzy with you and your protests in the forefront? 

Now... which option are you rooting for?  newyorkcanary

Other than the imposters, we are ALL rooting for the team to do well.  When last seaons began, I was sure we would suck which would prove me right about Peter Grant, but I was hoping against hope that we would be good and I was wrong. 

When it turned out I was right, I was hoping (onced again against hope) that the decision makers would dump Grant and replace him, but they waited and waited and waited until the team was in shambles. 

Roeder came in and saved the day, although it got pretty nervous at the end there.  Snce then, his record of saving teams one year only to lead them to relegation the next has been on my (and others, it seems) mind. 

The cheap ass way the board seems to be operating does not give me confidence.  The manager can only do so much, but he needs the talent available to him in order to do his thing.  So far, the team has not done much of anything to alleviate this concern. 

I don''t blame Roeder, at least not yet.  I like his approach, his forthrightness, and his attitude.  I can not say the same thing about my feelings towards Grant at this point a year ago.  We are NOT a small club, but have been acting like it ever sinced we got promoted.  Holding out on Ashton for 1/2 a year was stupid, not siging Taylor who fit our system so perfectly, bringing in basic scrubs for the Prem season, not doing ANYTHING about the pourous defense for years, it all adds up to disappointment and disillusionment. 

I just painted my boys'' game room green and yellow, and I''d hate for that to be their best memories of loving NCFC at such a young age.  I was lucky.  I came into  the scene in 72-73, and have been with the team for plenty of top division years. We did it then, why can''t we do it now?

I''m rooting to get promoted, and while I wish we had millions and millions, it seems as if we don''t.  That doesn''t mean we can''t succeed, it just makes it more difficult. I believe, though, that if we are to succeed, GR is the one to lead us there.