Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Death crash on M6 - Plymouth player charged

A Plymouth player (not yet named) charged with causing death by dangerous driving after crash on the M6.  Two boys aged 10 and 8 killed.

(Radio 5 news bulletin)

[quote user="ncfclad"]i dont want to say the name, but its now on bbc ticker.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve just had a Luke.......and it''s on Sky News and he''s been officially named....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="ncfclad"]i dont want to say the name, but its now on bbc ticker.[/quote]

Yes, I''ve just had a Luke.......and it''s on Sky News and he''s been officially named....

[/quote]

ah I see what you did there. [;)]

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]Why not just say who it is?[/quote]

Footballer Held After Kids Die In Crash

Updated:15:48, Saturday June 07, 2008

A professional footballer arrested over a motorway crash which claimed the lives of two young children has been named.

Goalkeeper Luke McCormick is being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, sources say.

Luke McCormick

Luke McCormick

The 25-year-old, who plays for Championship side Plymouth Argyle, had been driving a black Range Rover and was not hurt.

Police

say the boys, aged eight and 10, had been travelling in a silver Toyota

Previa people carrier with two other children and two men.

Argyle,

in a statement, said: "The club is aware of an incident involving one

of our players that occurred on Saturday morning on the M6.

"As the incident is subject to police enquiries, the club feels it would be inappropriate to make any comment at this stage."

Emergency

services said the crash happened just before 5.45am on the motorway''s

southbound carriageway near junction 16 in Staffordshire.

Google map of M6 around junc 16

The M6 around junction 16

A

West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "On arrival, crews

found two cars which had been involved in a collision. One of the cars

had left the carriageway."

The people carrier went down and embankment and hit trees.

The

spokesman continued: "One child was confirmed dead at the scene. A

second was taken on blue lights to the University Hospital of North

Staffordshire. Staff at the hospital had been put on alert awaiting the

arrival of the child who later died.

"A number of other people have also been taken to hospital."

One man is believed to be in a critical condition.

Witnesses are being asked to call the Central Motorways Police Group on 0121 626 1831.

Whilst i''ve envoked quite a bit of ''banter'' on this website i feel that this particular article should be left to the experts in the media to report.

My prayers and thoughts are with the 2 little chuldren and their families at this very sad time.

My thought are also with the family of the two little boys. No-one has been charged with anything so it could be just a tragic accident.

That pictures of Larrieu.I was going to laugh at the fact a Plymouth player was arrested again... but this just isn''t funny.RIP to the children and is Mcormick is responsible i hope he gets all he deserves.

Standard procedure on serious accidents where people have been killed. The only way to question them thouroughly is through an interview. I feel for the family.

Tragic news, not much you can say about things like this. Puts a lot of other things in perspective.

Agree fully with alot of the statements but your not guilty until proven. It may have been a tragic accident, something that happened to one of my best friends. So at the moment lets not lynch McCormack.

BBC - "Mr McCormick has been charged with two counts of causing death by

dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol and driving without

insurance."This is desperately sad, and it would seem he has been desperately stupid.

The father has a broken back and neck too. Poor family, my deepest thoughts are with them and I wish him all the best. Something like that could have happened with Patty.

[quote user="canaries in Bed"] Something like that could have happened with Patty.[/quote]

I''m surprised that took 26 hours [:|]

I was wondering the point of this thread.....

orry mate, dunno what you mean by it took 26 hours. I have had a long day in the sun and look like a panda now.

Yes its tragic , two small children that have lost the precious gift of life , I really feel so sorry for their family.

Desperately sad and inexcusable on so many front,  anyone can make a mistake in a car and kill someone,  there is too often too much attached to these things,  but this looks particularly bad,  driving while under influence and without insurance are choices,  and when he promoted a road saftey campaign recently in the south west even more so.

Devasting for the parents.

Ths is why I wanted Matty P sacked.................. I''m gutted for the poor bloody relatives.........the pain will be awful for them.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]BBC - "Mr McCormick has been charged with two counts of causing death by

dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol and driving without

insurance."This is desperately sad, and it would seem he has been desperately stupid.[/quote]Just seen this on the news... Mr McCormick you are ''Donald Ducked''

he took part in a road saftey video this year too about the dangers of driving when on the phone.

best he invest in some soap on a rope soon then eh?

jas :)

This is a tragic event, and my thoughts are with the family!  I feel drink driving among players is starting to become more common...with the likes of our own Matty P having been banned for doing it.  I feel they should not get off lightly and should never have the chance to play again.  Discraceful behaviour!