Sign in to follow this  
Sing Up The South Stand

Avram Grant Sacked!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Stupid decision in my book.  Oh well, if they think changing managers twice in a season will bring them success, that''s their own problem![/quote]Unsurprising though, really.  Oddly, if he''d been more charismatic and/or given good press quotes they''d probably have kept him.  I see parallels with Gordon Brown, you know.I really hope they sell Drogba because every time I see him whingeing or diving or falling over at the touch of a feather, I get a kind of tourette''s syndrome.

I don''t agree with the decision (or Mourino for that matter) but at least Chelski have the sense to sack the bloke at the right time instead of mid season!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Stupid decision in my book.  Oh well, if they think changing managers twice in a season will bring them success, that''s their own problem![/quote]

Not a suprise at all.

I''ll tell you who will be replacing him aswell. Its a two horse race between the Barcelona Manager Frank Rijkaard and Inter boss Roberto Mancini.

My money''s on Mancini!

Forgot to add this.

I never felt Avram was up to the job anyway. I mean before Chelsea, he''d never managed outside of Israel..... If any other of the top 4 teams were looking for a manager, they would have never have considered Avram. Stupid appointment in the first place!

watch them tempt Capello away from England... the man charged with getting the team to the world cup will leave before playing a single competitive game....

jas :)

2nd in the Premiership. Lost Champions League on penalties. Lost League Cup Final AET and knocked out of the FA Cup in the 6th round. Pathetic! No wonder he got the sack! How come Wenger''s still in a job?

I don''t know. Capello seemed to really want the England job even before Sven got it, and still does.

Chelsea expect too much. The managers job at that club has become one hell of a poison chalise now. Basically if you don''t win everything going you''re a gonner. Admittedly they had about 3-4 titles in their grasp and lost them all but they even consider coming second in the premier league as failure. 5 years ago they would''ve been happy with a mid-table finish. I can see now why some many hate chelsea these days - too reliant on money and expect to win everything because of it when, not very long ago, they were a nothing club.

Not suprised in the slightest - Abramovich wanted to buy the premiership.  He came second, doesn''t like it.  Pathetic.  Shows the reality of the ''big clubs'', football really is sad sometimes.

i actually think Mourinho got found out at ~chelski.. the team he had success with was built largley of Ranieris signings.. for the most part Mourinhos players, Kezman, Crespo, Shevchenko, the Spanish player they had at right back.. cant remember his name...were poor..

Even Didier Drogba came into his own towards the end of the Jose era... ok so he won them the league but it was similar to when Worthy was appointed our manager.. Rejuvinating our players to better things before drastically losing the plot...

Watch the interviews with Mourinho during the last 6 months of his time at chelsea and becomes apparent he is either slowly losing the dressing room, the plot, or both... he did well at Porto with unfancied players.. but as soon as he joiend a dressing room full of names didnt know how to handle it...

Another point was that Mourinho was so used to success he didnt know how top cope with failure and pick up a losing side... the defeats at Boro, spurs and Villa... each tiem the cameras switched to the touch line Moruinho is sitting there with a slightly bewildered look on his face... not on his feet trying to encourage like Fergie or Wenger would...

Eamon dunphy, the Journalist, always said Mourinho was a chancer who got lucky and wasnt a football manager in the usual sense of the word... "special one" or just someone who played the media to hide failings????

The fact Real Madrid didnt pick him up when Capello left, or one of the big Italian sides never went in for him speaks volumes....

Grant will get a job before Mourinho does again....

im not saying Jose is a bad manager... but perhaps, once the furore over Chelseas success died down.. people saw that he wasnt a top manager... look at the players he signed for Chelski... then look at the players he didnt play....

Chelsea are a brand. They-well, Abramovic-wants star names as players, and a star name, media-friendly, charismatic Manager. Not necessarily the best one, but one who looks good and ticks the box office boxes-Rijkaard certainly, Capello if he wasn''t England manager already, Eriksson, outsider there maybe?

Good points about Mourinho. No job since Chelsea. You''d have thought if he was as good as he thinks, the worlds buggest clubs would have beat a path to his door as soon as he left Chelsea-but then if he was that good, Chelsea would never have got rid of him.

They want the Champions League above all else, so Abramovic will go for someone who has been there and done it at that level. Has to be Rijkaard, no brainer, surely?

I don''t think he was ever destined to last beyond the end of the season, should imagine a deal was done with some other manager not long after Jose and they will be unveiled in the next couple of weeks.I don''t envy any manager at Chelsea though, Frank Arnsen chooses who to buy and Abramovich makes sure the players he likes are playing. Also, you have to win just about everything, playing attractive football. All that and Man Utd and Liverpool spend more on players. However, I bet the wages are alright.

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Forgot to add this.

I never felt Avram was up to the job anyway. I mean before Chelsea, he''d never managed outside of Israel..... If any other of the top 4 teams were looking for a manager, they would have never have considered Avram. Stupid appointment in the first place!

[/quote]

What ever are you talking about. When he took over Chelsea were, for them, in disarray. He then took Manchester, supported all  over the country, too the wire in the league and only just lost the European  cup  final. If NCFC had achieved that you would be shouting from the roof tops.

I think that Peter Kenyon, may have had more than a say in the departure of Avram. I wonder if Kenyon''s role of Chief Exec at Chelsea is also under scrutiny?.....

[quote user="norwichsnewfinest"]

Things I care less about.......................

Sex In The City Movie, Scientology, Peter Grant, Diesel Prices, Lack of Manners, Madonna..........

[/quote]lol

Another string to my bow that proves chelsea are ridiculous...

and people thing Norwich is Delias plaything, not by looking at how much of a toy chelsea is to abramovich.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i actually think Mourinho got found out at ~chelski.. the team he had success with was built largley of Ranieris signings.. for the most part Mourinhos players, Kezman, Crespo, Shevchenko, the Spanish player they had at right back.. cant remember his name...were poor..

Even Didier Drogba came into his own towards the end of the Jose era... ok so he won them the league but it was similar to when Worthy was appointed our manager.. Rejuvinating our players to better things before drastically losing the plot...

Watch the interviews with Mourinho during the last 6 months of his time at chelsea and becomes apparent he is either slowly losing the dressing room, the plot, or both... he did well at Porto with unfancied players.. but as soon as he joiend a dressing room full of names didnt know how to handle it...

Another point was that Mourinho was so used to success he didnt know how top cope with failure and pick up a losing side... the defeats at Boro, spurs and Villa... each tiem the cameras switched to the touch line Moruinho is sitting there with a slightly bewildered look on his face... not on his feet trying to encourage like Fergie or Wenger would...

Eamon dunphy, the Journalist, always said Mourinho was a chancer who got lucky and wasnt a football manager in the usual sense of the word... "special one" or just someone who played the media to hide failings????

The fact Real Madrid didnt pick him up when Capello left, or one of the big Italian sides never went in for him speaks volumes....

Grant will get a job before Mourinho does again....

im not saying Jose is a bad manager... but perhaps, once the furore over Chelseas success died down.. people saw that he wasnt a top manager... look at the players he signed for Chelski... then look at the players he didnt play....

[/quote]Sorry Jas but I can''t agree with that. He may have inherited Ranieris players but Ranieri couldn''t win the league with them, something must have made the difference in the next two seasons. If Roman Abramovich had left Mourinho to get on with the job of managing Chelsea rather that trying to do it himself he would have probably still been there winning trophies. But like so many mega-rich, egotistical men before him Roman couldn''t help sticking his nose in. How many of Mourinho''s players did he actualy want to buy after the first couple of years? Shevchenko? Ballack? He''ll be at Inter next year by all accounts, are they a big enough Italian club for you?As for Avram Grant you can''t help but feel sympathy for the bloke. There''s such a fine line between sucess and failure in football and if a few key moments had gone his way he could have been sitting here this week as a League and European Cup winner. Think of Mikels red card at Old Trafford in his first game, the refusal to give a red card to Paul Scholes and a penalty against Rio Ferdinand when United played Wigan and Didier Drogbas moment of madness on Wednesday. They are all quickly forgotten though and he is viewed as a failure because he didn''t win a trophy this season.

Grant should have had more time, thats one sentence i never thought i would write on a pinkun message board!

Personally i think Abramovich is the worst thing to happen to English Football since Jack Walker bought the premeriship title for blackburn rovers.

I knew this would happen, but still can''t actually believe it has. Abramovich consistently acts like a really spoiled 8 year old. Quite scary, really, that he has as much power and influence as he does. And loads more like him.   

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]Stupid decision in my book.  Oh well, if they think changing managers twice in a season will bring them success, that''s their own problem![/quote]

Not a suprise at all.

I''ll tell you who will be replacing him aswell. Its a two horse race between the Barcelona Manager Frank Rijkaard and Inter boss Roberto Mancini.

My money''s on Mancini!

[/quote]

Well it looks like there was another horse in that race.