Sign in to follow this  
HOCKEYMYHERO

ROEDER IS ONLY DOING WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE AFTER PREM ?

To my mind this sorting out at our great club is years overdue ,  when we failed to make a real premiership go of it clearly things needed changing [ attitudes , fitness levels , skill levels ect.]  and while i know hindsight is easy the realism was there for all supporters to see .                    The manager at that period  has to take some blame for letting things stagnate not just the board  [ i am sure worthy acted on good principles  but tough decisions needed making then as the team warranted a complete revamp ]  appointments  since have only made the matters more urgent to act on .                  We know have a man in charge prepared to make   DECISIONS    however unpopular  to get this club to somewhere near it belongs  [ and i do mean the premier league ]  i am sure mistakes have been made by Glenn and his coaches this season but from a personal point i am glad he is at the helm and not any of his predecessors  [ he is the best since  Martin  O''NEIL in my humble opinion ] we have had and although players come and go it is more important we keep Glenn and ensure the transformation keeps moving forward as there is clearly much more to do .                               I sincerly hope this board gives Glenn the resorces to do the job properly  [ can they really afford not to ]    so we all have a team proud to wear the yellow shirts .........................................................................COME ON YOU  YELLOWS ..................................................................       

two spot on posts- Roeader is doing a great job BUT the board MUST back him or else they set him up to fail. We need massive investment - anyone can see that. If the budget is thin then alas we will not go up but down. you cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear and that is a fact.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

If the budget is thin then alas we will not go up but down. you cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear and that is a fact.[/quote]

Agreed Vic, but this board of ours will have a damn good try at it!.[:|]

Totally agree, the season after the premiership we were in a good position to buy up the top young talent outside of the premier league and overhall the club from top to bottom, but we didn''t. Glenn seems to understand this, lets just hope the board does too.

I sort of agree, but isnt it the way its being done rather than whats happening?sacked..not sacked..no comment etc etc.... doesnt look to me like everyone in the club is ''on the same page'' ?    Doesnt bear well for Roeder getting full backing?Perhaps I am wrong

You can''t make an omelette without breaking eggs. Mr Roeder has proved he can break eggs now it remains to be seen if he can make omelettes.

I find it outrageous that people are having a go at GR. They were nailing down our coffin lid when he took over and he''s achieved the best resurrection job since Jesus raised Lazarus and God raised Jesus. In my mind that gives him the right to do what he believes to be best for our club.

I''m really quite bored with all the rumours about whom we ight ot might not be after. Let''s face it every player that becomes available will as likely be linked to us simply becausewe need so many. I''m going to wait until definite signings are announced AND until I''ve seen them play for us. Too often in the past we''ve signed players that are supposed to be very useful signings and turn out to be crap. qually a plyer to whom the reaction is ''Who?'' can turn out to be a gem just like Walters has been for the scum.

GR is the manager, we have to back hisjudgement as supporters given what he has achieved. People go on about him not being nice and not tolerating dissent etc. Perhaps that''s just what this club has needed for the last 3 seasons!

The only protesting should be about the Board if they do not back him in the market as much as they can. 

[quote user="ricky knight"]As i have said before how about some higher profile sackings, which also should have been done after prem.[/quote]Oh dear ricky, it''s been asked before, how do you sack the owners ? You have told us before that you own a wrestling organisation so how can your fans sack you ?

It is certainly true that when the Accounts came out last year plenty of us commented on the number of staff that NCFC seemed to have - and the huge Payroll cost that went alongside this.  It did look like we perhaps had more backroom people than is needed.  I''m sure all are worthy positions and ok for a Premiership side but perhaps not in the Championship when costs pressures are going to be tighter and I do wonder whether most of these posts will actually be replaced.  So, far from things being in a mess, it is possible that it is now getting the long overdue re-engineering that was needed.

Re: Neil Adams, and not wishing to rake over this when it is already in other threads, I certainly read something that with Bloodworth (Education Officer) leaving (of his own accord), they are looking to merge some roles - particularly the Education role with Coaching some of the youth sides - and that certainly sounds sensible enough to me. 

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]As i have said before how about some higher profile sackings, which also should have been done after prem.[/quote]Oh dear ricky, it''s been asked before, how do you sack the owners ? You have told us before that you own a wrestling organisation so how can your fans sack you ?

[/quote]

by not turning up, i would not last long believe me few empty shows, i would soon get the message, so doncaster cannot be sacked.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

by not turning up, i would not last long believe me few empty shows, i would soon get the message, so doncaster cannot be sacked.

[/quote]Exactly ricky. But by selling nearly 20,000 season tickets again the fans are showing they will support this club whatever. Is it clever marketing or is it our fans will support NCFC through thick and thin ?  Either way there is no pressure on the board that you and many others call for. Re, Doncaster, if the board attribute the success of ticket sales and lower player wages to him then they are hardly likely to fire him.

Lappin, surely Doncaster''s job is the overall running of the club. Opinions are going to differ as to whether he is doing a good job or not. There are departments responsible for marketing and I believe the man responsible for this is called Andrew Cullen.

Yes, the gates are good, but mostly surely due to loyal fans - I suspect the majority of whom don''t really give a second thought to the personnel on the board. Yes, there are those of that number who think the board are marvellous, and again, those who see them as seriously failing the club.

One of the most interesting facts from this season is the admission from Andrew Turner at the AGM stating that he was keeping tabs on Mr Doncaster and his ability to perform his role. Mr Turner has also said the club must be run on more businesslike lines. Does this then suggest that Doncaster''s position is safe? I would hazard a guess that he is no safer than any employee at the club.

I totally agree Gazza, and as you state, Doncasters job is under scrutiny by Andrew Turner apparently. So if he''s in overall charge and results on the pitch continue to flounder then surely his position is in Jeopardy. My point to ricky though was how can you sack the board when in effect they own the club. As I see it, he has only two options. Either the fans stay away (and with a virtual sell-out of season tickets that ''aint gonna happen) or for mass demonstrations at or after matches. Again. not likely if you think back to the last season (eight points from thirteen matches). The shouts then were for ''Grant out'' rather than ''board out''. I just think that ''sack the board'' calls are somewhat futile at the moment and that gestures like not going to FCR while ''that lot are in charge'' which ricky and several other posters on here lay claim to are more for their own cause rather than any affect they may have on the club.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]two spot on posts- Roeader is doing a great job BUT the board MUST back him or else they set him up to fail. We need massive investment - anyone can see that. If the budget is thin then alas we will not go up but down. you cannot make a silk purse from a sows ear and that is a fact.[/quote]

IMHO if the board don''t back GR, he will walk, and if he does walk all those whining winnies and GR haters will be more than happy Im sure.

I fully agree, Roeder is doing the job that should have been done a long time ago. I would love to know what`s going on behind the scenes with the Turners and Doncaster. This looks like a root and branch clearout starting from the bottom up, senior figures on the Board must be sanctioning all this. I know that in the past you couldnt fart without asking Delia`s permission. The only way she would agree to something is if you got her to believe it was her idea in the first place.Whats going on now does not fit with the Delia view of a family club. Either she has changed which I somehow doubt, or she has been sidelined and the Turners are driving this through. The whole process we are seeing looks like a new leadership style and a takover by a more business minded group.

Roeder will not be behaving as he is if he wasnt confident of support. I wouldnt be surprised to see Doncaster gone before the season starts. Perhaps it`s wishfull thinking but I think there is a good chance that we will see the Turners move firmly to take control and will then put money in. You cant blame them for not wanting to put money into the club previously if they were not happy with the way it was being run. It`s likely that the Turners gave Roeder the chance to prove himself by keeping us up, he`s passed this hurdle and now they are going to back him.

Could all be a dream but there is some logic here I think.

I am not quite clear why the same people who regularly bemoan Norwich''s lack of ambition and the "cosy club mentality" are now moaning at the man who is driving through the changes to make us competitive again.  Fear of change?

I tend to agree with a lot of what you have said Future. Though I can''t for the life of me understand how anyone can manage to act without sanctioning it with Delia first. Love her or hate her she calls the shots due to her shareholding.

Maybe she has had enough, or maybe the Turners (as you suggest) have persuaded her to take a different approach.

I don''t think the picture you paint is too far off what may happen.

The sticking point is it''s all very well Roeder having a good clear out, but when he''s finished he has to replace - and that will cost. Yes, the Turners have the money to invest, but I still wonder if they consider they should while the club is still controlled by someone else. Interesting times ahead.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]  Fear of change?[/quote]

No, fear of financial cuts because we''re all but broke!.

[/quote]We''ve been living with those for twenty years.  Surely cutting out the "has beens", the "peripherals" and the "never will be''s" is a good way to focus what money we have where it''s needed?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

I totally agree Gazza, and as you state, Doncasters job is under scrutiny by Andrew Turner apparently.

[/quote]

If you truely believe that load of spining poo Lapps, then you''re far more bonkers than I gave you credit for!.[;)]

This is the big mystery Gazza. The leadership style is not Delia, there must be a good chance that she is handing things over?  

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="lappinitup"]

I totally agree Gazza, and as you state, Doncasters job is under scrutiny by Andrew Turner apparently.

[/quote]

If you truely believe that load of spining poo Lapps, then you''re far more bonkers than I gave you credit for!.[;)]

[/quote]Bonkers I may be but I don''t walk round with a traffic cone on my head and with my ''wand'' in my hand to prove it !   [:P]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]  Fear of change?

[/quote]

[/quote]

But what IF Wiz there is some fresh investment ie; Turners?

And what IF they have said, before we invest we want things running ship shape and Bristol fashion, which means a clear out of dead wood players and staff?

[;)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]  Fear of change?

[/quote]

[/quote]

But what IF Wiz there is some fresh investment ie; Turners?

And what IF they have said, before we invest we want things running ship shape and Bristol fashion, which means a clear out of dead wood players and staff?

[;)]

[/quote]

It`s a reasonable theory in light of the way things are going. Clearing out dead wood players is only a small part of it if things are really going to change, a whole change of attitude from the top down is required. Lets hope it`s no theory?

Only a omplete fool would make as many changes and sackings as glen has without money to rebuild.Somethings going on thats a fact, the amount of players we have let go means one of two things, were bankrupt ( i doub t this very much ) or we have money to sort out the problems inside the club.I think glen is a breath of fresh air, out with all the deadwood, and start again.This club has lived in the past for far to long.

Delia may have a large shereholding, but she''s not involved in the day to day running of the Club.

I suspect, what we''re really seeing is the Turner''s influence starting to kick in on the running of the Club. None of us are close enough to know what is really happening, but I think it''s evolution, rather than revolution and Glenn is the prime general implementing their plan.

Personally, I think it''s been a long time in coming and, if it makes a few people behind the scene uneasy, that tends to support the theory that everything has been too cosy for too long at Carrow Road and Colney. I''m not, therefore, going to knock Glenn, rather say, "Go for it".

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

Delia may have a large shereholding, but she''s not involved in the day to day running of the Club.

I suspect, what we''re really seeing is the Turner''s influence starting to kick in on the running of the Club. None of us are close enough to know what is really happening, but I think it''s evolution, rather than revolution and Glenn is the prime general implementing their plan.

Personally, I think it''s been a long time in coming and, if it makes a few people behind the scene uneasy, that tends to support the theory that everything has been too cosy for too long at Carrow Road and Colney. I''m not, therefore, going to knock Glenn, rather say, "Go for it".

[/quote]

Me too, I am glad someone has come to the club and has the balls to make changes.