Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Non British X1

Totally random i know..... and nothing to do with Roeder/Huckerby etc!!!!!!!!!

1 Jaskelinnen,2 Helveg, 3 Van Wyk, 4 Doherty,5 Hareide,6 Safri,7 Townsend, 8 K O Neill, 9 Needergarrd,10 Ekoku,11 Giallanza 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yah, I think I''d have Earnshaw as striker, not whomever that name is the originator had up.[/quote]Earnshaw is Welsh. Welsh people are from Wales. Wales is in Britain.....This is a non-British eleven! Long day eh Houston? ;)

Technically Earnshaw is from Zambia... hes just one of those situations where either one of his parents is Welsh, or he ''attributed his footballing development'' to Wales

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]

Totally random i know..... and nothing to do with Roeder/Huckerby etc!!!!!!!!!

1 Jaskelinnen,2 Helveg, 3 Van Wyk, 4 Doherty,5 Hareide,6 Safri,7 Townsend, 8 K O Neill, 9 Needergarrd,10 Ekoku,11 Giallanza 

[/quote]

wasnt the doc born in luton???? last time i checked that was part of england (unfortulanty) he just qualified to play for ireland though grandparents,

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]since wen did jaaskelienen play for us...[/quote]he had a trail i think (it was in the programme once)

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Yah, I think I''d have Earnshaw as striker, not whomever that name is the originator had up.[/quote]

Earnshaw is Welsh. Welsh people are from Wales. Wales is in Britain.....This is a non-British eleven! Long day eh Houston? ;)
[/quote]

er... Andy Townsend is more English that the queen! Efan ekoku was born and raised in that far off country of Liverpool!

jas :)

My sources say Britain is Scotland and England.  I was not aware Wales was part of either in that sense. The originator of those sources will be drawn and quartered at dawn.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My sources say Britain is Scotland and England.  I was not aware Wales was part of either in that sense. The originator of those sources will be drawn and quartered at dawn.[/quote]You need to do some hanging before you start the drawing and quartering [;)]

Agreed.....Townsend is of course English, yet wins caps for Eire. The same with Ekoku for Nigeria. 

Which brings me to the question of should you only be allowed to represent the country you were born in?    Owen Hargreaves , born and raised in Canada then played in Germany..         

Agreed.....Townsend is of course English, yet wins caps for Eire. The same with Ekoku for Nigeria. 

Which brings me to the question of should you only be allowed to represent the country you were born in?    Owen Hargreaves , born and raised in Canada then played in Germany..         

[/quote]Well at least it''s better than the likes of Marcos Senna and Mariano Pernia. They have no Spanish ancestry, went over to play there in their mid-twenties, and ended up playing for them in the last World Cup.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My sources say Britain is Scotland and England.  I was not aware Wales was part of either in that sense. The originator of those sources will be drawn and quartered at dawn.[/quote]It''s true. Britain (or actually the United Kingdom of Great Britain) is Scotland and England - but Wales is solely "owned" by England - it''s a Principality within it. Britain is the island, and includes Wales - Great Britain is the union and only represents England and Scotland.This comes with the stipulation that I''m drunk, stupid and not sure of what I''m saying...

[quote user="Houston Canary"]My sources say Britain is Scotland and England.  I was not aware Wales was part of either in that sense. The originator of those sources will be drawn and quartered at dawn.[/quote]It''s true. Britain (or actually the United Kingdom of Great Britain) is Scotland and England - but Wales is solely "owned" by England - it''s a Principality within it. Britain is the island, and includes Wales - Great Britain is the union and only represents England and Scotland.This comes with the stipulation that I''m drunk, stupid and not sure of what I''m saying...

[/quote]

Not that you are really interested in the answer of course, but anything to deflect attention away from your foolish original post......

or how about a vertically challenged XI?1. Clive Baker2. Haylock3. Spearing4. Charlton5. Helveg6. Barham7. Brooke8. Fleck9. Cureton10. Milligan11. EadieI appreciate I haven''t measured these people but the ''appear'' to be short??

[quote user="Gingembre"]or how about a vertically challenged XI?
1. Clive Baker
2. Haylock
3. Spearing
4. Charlton
5. Helveg
6. Barham
7. Brooke
8. Fleck
9. Cureton
10. Milligan
11. Eadie

I appreciate I haven''t measured these people but the ''appear'' to be short??
[/quote]

[8] We love you Paul McVeigh, despite your lack of height......

[quote user="nutty nigel"] Ru---------el          Ru--------el!!!!!!

[quote user="Gingembre"]or how about a vertically challenged XI?
1. Clive Baker
2. Haylock
3. Spearing
4. Charlton
5. Helveg
6. Barham
7. Brooke
8. Fleck
9. Cureton
10. Milligan
11. Eadie

I appreciate I haven''t measured these people but the ''appear'' to be short??
[/quote]

[8] We love you Paul McVeigh, despite your lack of height......

[/quote]

England+Scotland+Wales = "Great Britain"England+Scotland+Wales+Northern Ireland= "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland"England+Scotland+Wales+Northern Ireland+the Republic of Ireland = "the British Isles" (a geographical term, not a political one)

So Welsh people consider themselves Brits just as people of England and Scotland do?  Or is this something they do begrudgingly? In a soccer riot between English and Croat fans, if some Welsh came along, would they jump in to help their British bretheren, the English, or would they stand by and laugh or even contribute to the Croat effort?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]So Welsh people consider themselves Brits just as people of England and Scotland do?  Or is this something they do begrudgingly? In a soccer riot between English and Croat fans, if some Welsh came along, would they jump in to help their British bretheren, the English, or would they stand by and laugh or even contribute to the Croat effort?[/quote]

would`nt happen, that would imply the welsh qualified for the same tournament us the english, for them to be anywhere near each other...... lets face it england qualifying ??????? ;)