Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Player of the year dinner: Hucks Off?

Apparently at the Dinner, the suggestion was Huckerby is off. Apparently Roeder was talking, got some ''abuse'' about the Huckerby siutation and to the suprise of the room suggested Hucks may leave and that he''s inclined to do the opposite to the fans as he wont be bullied. Thats what ive been told by someone who went.

It doesnt sound good!

I cant wait till the day when fans will stop letting their love of a committed player - no matter how good he was - get in the way of any manager trying to advance us.

I don''t give a monkey''s whose playing for us next season as long as we do a lot better than this year.

Hucks best days are gone unfortunately..i reckon he''s worth another season though but if the manager thinks not and has a better idea then that''s fine by me to.

[quote]

has a better idea then that''s fine by me to.

[/quote]

If the other information on here is too believed, his replacement could be eagle, now tht would worry me!

[quote user="buddhaboy"]i went, that didnt happen.
[/quote]

So what really went down Bud.

[quote user="ricky knight"]seems to me Roeder is trying to show how tough he is, could be his undoing.[/quote]

Ricky you are such a wind - up. Looking to pick holes in Roeder and his team. They are probably the best assets the club have had in years.

[quote user="ricky knight"]seems to me Roeder is trying to show how tough he is, could be his undoing.[/quote]Lol Ricky - Roeder tough - if it comes to that we really are in trouble.

[/quote]

well what did happen then buddaboy

Perhaps it was said by Roeder to p[eople more individually!

This is what ive been told, though it cud have been lost in  translation somewhere, as you can see by my post history ive not just came on here to wind you all up!!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

well what did happen then buddaboy

Perhaps it was said by Roeder to p[eople more individually!

This is what ive been told, though it cud have been lost in  translation somewhere, as you can see by my post history ive not just came on here to wind you all up!!

[/quote]

Never believe what someone else tells you is true. Only believe what you experience in life yourself.[:(]

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Ricky you are such a wind - up. Looking to pick holes in Roeder and his team. They are probably the best assets the club have had in years.

[/quote]

Assets??  Hopefully Roeder will do well next season, and it won''t all go down the can like at every other club he has managed.

I can remember Peter Grant being like this, and look were that got him!! I hate the Manager knows best attitude and its one way of getting the fans to turn against you.

We all know that Hucks has slowed down a little but he is still one of our best attacking players by far.

[quote user="colneycanary"] I hate the Manager knows best attitude[/quote]

You are right! Lets do it by committee instead... we could just have the board vote on all managerial decisions! That would save us the cost of a manager too! BARGIN!

The following is pure conjecture, but Roeder increasingly comes across to me as a man compensating for feelings of inadequacy. I think he may have a positive effect on a set of players at first, bringing a renewed air of authority to the dressing room. However, its possible that players may soon see through this as it becomes apparent he''s has to "prove" his worth all the time, in the ways we have seen. This is usually the sign of false, and not genuine, personal authority and self esteem.

As a side note, he''s survived a life threatening illness, which I''ve personally seen can often make a person act dogmatically, as if fuelled by a sense of invulnerability.

I was there that evening about ten feet away when Roeder spoke and he said " I will be sitting down and talking to Darren in the near future and it wouldn''t be right for me to comment on anything until we have held those talks".

He did say that he had heard the supporters with their shouts for a year''s extension after the Saturday match, but that he would decide as the manager what would happen and that he would not be bullied. Personally I think he could have answered the question a bit better. 

If he were to listen and respond to the wishes of all the fans then we would still end up with basically the same squad, and I think most supporters deep down accept that we need a good clear out, and fresh players must be brought in.  With the exception of the unfortunate Henry, I think the other players he has brought in shows he knows a good player when he sees one, and this bodes well for next season providing he gets sufficient funds from the board.

the only thing that went down that night was alot of wine. something may have been said, but not that night, hucks and roeder werent near eachother all night, there wasnt breathing space for them to chat as fans were popping up all over the place asking for autographs etc. so nout happened, as hucks and roeder didnt speak...although, refer to hucks set to leave thread or him seen at training ground, may be true.

[quote user="silver fox"]

I was there that evening about ten feet away when Roeder spoke and he said " I will be sitting down and talking to Darren in the near future and it wouldn''t be right for me to comment on anything until we have held those talks".

He did say that he had heard the supporters with their shouts for a year''s extension after the Saturday match, but that he would decide as the manager what would happen and that he would not be bullied. Personally I think he could have answered the question a bit better. 

If he were to listen and respond to the wishes of all the fans then we would still end up with basically the same squad, and I think most supporters deep down accept that we need a good clear out, and fresh players must be brought in.  With the exception of the unfortunate Henry, I think the other players he has brought in shows he knows a good player when he sees one, and this bodes well for next season providing he gets sufficient funds from the board.

[/quote]This has the ring of truth. I''ve got no problem with a manager steering his own course, not the fans''. After all if it goes wrong, he''ll be sacked - we won''t. And he knows the facts, whereas we just speculate, invent and embroider.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

And he knows the facts, whereas we just speculate, invent and embroider.
[/quote]

But what are the facts, he wants to stay, we want him to stay and could we get a decent replacement for him ( fee and wages) for what we''ll pay him in wages?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Old Boy"]

And he knows the facts, whereas we just speculate, invent and embroider.
[/quote]

But what are the facts, he wants to stay, we want him to stay and could we get a decent replacement for him ( fee and wages) for what we''ll pay him in wages?

[/quote]

Very unlikely CA.

I thought for a while that Crofty might ease the pain of Hux leaving but there is no end product from him. Unless Smart improves dramatically or we can sign Kris Commons from Forest then Hux is the best option.