Sign in to follow this  

Perhaps this has almost gone unnoticed today for obvious reasons but how ironic on the day that we have released possibly the quickest winger we ever had we have retained the slowest we have had in Eagle.

I wonder if anyone can offer any plausible explanation as to why the f*** this player has been kept on ???

Roeder doesnt want to scupper a potential advertising deal with "Clearasel spot removal"

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I wonder if anyone can offer any plausible explanation as to why the f*** this player has been kept on ???

[/quote]

Because he is not on a near Premiership level salary maybe?  Plus he is young enough to improve (mind you he has a hell of a way to go).

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]Because he is the best crosser of the ball that we''ve had since steeno.

Eagle will save our team, dont you see?

No... me neither

Also interesting- Martin is still here

He would have been top of my list for release. Awful player,  Bally Smart deserved a chance to stay ahead of him at least he looks threatening...

To be honest i am not worried about any of them leaving except Hucks, the unlukiest has to be Cave Brown who really should have been given a few games over the last few seasons to see if he can hack it. And after Hucks the saddest is that the two Jarvis brothers couldnt cut it.  It would be great to have Norfolk lads playing for Norwich but to be honest both have had chances and both have struggled at this level. 

Good luck to them all though....

I think you should get yourself down to the academy and look at the right back (wingback), he has a much better cross, he can tackle and read the game. Should be on his way to Rangers with Tom Miller soon.

No idea why this kid is being kept in.....i dread to think that he will be seen in a yellow shirt on the carrow road pitch for a league game....the day that happens is the Roeder becomes a fool! Eagle is poor, nothing else to say!

Robert Eagle isnt quick.. thats why people think he is rubbish. he can pass, he can tackle and has got a decent cross.... if he was fast you''d all love him....

jas :)

damn straight jas,

bally smart....ill run with no end product...hmmm

if any of you go to reserve games you will see why hes captain of the reserves and how tecnically good he is...he does need beefing up and does lack pace, but if you can find a better crosser and link up man in our side WITH A LEFT FOOT!! GOOD LUCK!!

Seen the boy play many times, sorry that I have a different opinion.I have actually seen the boy play over fifty times for Youth and Reserves and he has never beaten his man,not bad for a winger If you are part of his family he is a  great player   

I''m as gutted as anyone that Hucks has gone (and angry at the manner in which it was done) but I must say I think that this thread is pretty unfair on the boy and counterproductive. I doubt very much that Roeder sees him as Huckerby''s replacement anyway.   

id see Robert Eagle as more of a central Midfielder anyway.. behind the front 2.. doesnt need pace when he can ping it about to the feet of the strikers and wingers and win the ball back with a tackle does he...

Iwan Roberts never beat his man either beachball.. was he Crap?

jas :)

You need someone to deliver in those pinpoint crosses, and for a man of such young age, he certainly has the talents to break into the first team, obviously if he has a high work-rate and desire/determination.

eagle has the talent and potential to be a top, and i mean top, player.  at the mo, he lacks the physical presence - but if he beefs up in the next 12 months, and i believe he must be showing signs of doing - he could break into the first team by the end of next season.  surprised bout smart though - maybe he''s having attitude issues - but as a footballer, he looks to have a great talent on the wing.  i saw him last season in a reserves match beating players for fun and on BOTH wings.  he got my attention straight away.  surely, a rare gift like this is worth keeping for a while yet, and seeing whether it blossoms or bombs???   honestly, letting bally go is mystifying to me!!!

In today''s EDP, it states his name as being released?

Has he gone or not???