Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Lowestoft Town 'Living the Dream'

Lowestoft Town midfielder Jamie Godbold gives us an in-depth insight into the Trawlerboys dressing room, as the players build-up to their FA Vase Final appearance at Wembley on May 11.

To view all the latest goings-on inside the Blues camp ahead of the biggest-match in their history then log onto his weekly blog on The Journal''s website.

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/content/lowestoftjournal/Blogs/LivingTheDream.aspx

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Lowestoft Town midfielder Jamie Godbold gives us an in-depth insight into the Trawlerboys dressing room, as the players build-up to their FA Vase Final appearance at Wembley on May 11.To view all the latest goings-on inside the Blues camp ahead of the biggest-match in their history then log onto his weekly blog on The Journal''s website.

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/content/lowestoftjournal/Blogs/LivingTheDream.aspx

[/quote]"I couldn''t believe it when me and the lads turned up at training today - this limo pulled up, right, and out gets this Doncaster bloke with eleven professional contracts tucked under his arm... over the moon, Geoff!  Mind you, later he said they were only loan deals, but even so - back of the net!"

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Lowestoft Town midfielder Jamie Godbold gives us an in-depth insight into the Trawlerboys dressing room, as the players build-up to their FA Vase Final appearance at Wembley on May 11.

To view all the latest goings-on inside the Blues camp ahead of the biggest-match in their history then log onto his weekly blog on The Journal''s website.

[/quote]

"I couldn''t believe it when me and the lads turned up at training today - this limo pulled up, right, and out gets this Doncaster bloke with eleven professional contracts tucked under his arm... over the moon, Geoff!  Mind you, later he said they were only loan deals, but even so - back of the net!"

[/quote]

He also added that the ''Pro-Contracts'' only became kosher, after the eleven had done their ''National Service'' of 6 months - as ''Eventguard'' unpaid volunteers......

a sufflk side.. who cares... ok so they got to Wembley but they arent even in Norfolk...

Kings Lynn could get promoted this season and they dont even get mentioned.. at least they are a Norfolk side!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

a sufflk side.. who cares... ok so they got to Wembley but they arent even in Norfolk...

Kings Lynn could get promoted this season and they dont even get mentioned.. at least they are a Norfolk side!

[/quote]Why is it that us Norfolk folk are seen as parochial bumpkins when we have such cosmopolitan thinkers such as Jas amongst us [:P]"They arent even in Naaaarrrfuk." Priceless.

[/quote]

a tad small minded perhaps...

Its a great achievement for a club the size of Lowerstoft, they will soon have more silverware than us!

[/quote]

Well said......What about King''s Lynn potentially achieving their highest ever league status!  

When Saturday comes it will be our day,
the stage is set for us to play.
Three points to be champions and rise a tier,
we must play to win and with no fear.
A sleeping giant will awake from its slumber,
the Conference awaits an overdue number.
Whether North or South we shall not care,
whichever league it is in numbers we''ll be there.
This weekend we come of age and can hold our heads up high,
for we are King''s Lynn FC, mighty King''s Lynn til we die!

So there it is in a nutshell King''s Lynn are ''Living the Dream''

[quote user=" C.T"]i agree with Jas TBH- suffolk scum[/quote]

Cheers c.t and jas, have you seen the amount of support coming to Carrow Rd from North Suffolk on match day?

My family and friends, all from that area, have supported City for years and years and never once have we been called scum by our own, i''ve lived and worked in our fine City and love it just as much as you, what gives you the right to call us scum?

I go and watch Lowestoft to and i''m really proud of them, and will be going to Wembley to support them.

Dont think Kings Lynn have hardly been ignored either, i wish them all the best anyway and hope they can get promoted.

[quote user="lowestoftcanary"]

Cheers c.t and jas, have you seen the amount of support coming to Carrow Rd from North Suffolk on match day?

My family and friends, all from that area, have supported City for years and years and never once have we been called scum by our own, i''ve lived and worked in our fine City and love it just as much as you, what gives you the right to call us scum?

I go and watch Lowestoft to and i''m really proud of them, and will be going to Wembley to support them.

Dont think Kings Lynn have hardly been ignored either, i wish them all the best anyway and hope they can get promoted.

[/quote]

I must admit I agree - that is pretty harsh. [:)]  

Twaddling fool!

There is a larger City fan base who live in Lowestoft, many are season ticket holders too.............are they all scum as well?

And why do NCFC hold forums there and not ITFC?.

Apologise to the good people of Lowestoft CT................no?.................thought not!.  [:|]

I have to say i am behind the Norfolkites, its a Suffolk town and i couldnt care less if they win lose or draw, i dont hate them like i do I****** but i will only support Norfolk teams. 

I really hope Lynn do it Webbys done a great job and they have nearly done it so many times. Thier attendances would be at home in the conference proper.  Cmon the Linnets

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

I have to say i am behind the Norfolkites, its a Suffolk town and i couldnt care less if they win lose or draw, i dont hate them like i do I****** but i will only support Norfolk teams. 

I really hope Lynn do it Webbys done a great job and they have nearly done it so many times. Thier attendances would be at home in the conference proper.  Cmon the Linnets

[/quote]

Thank God Norwich City supported Lowestoft last week then, even if you didn''t!.

And who did you think it was parading around Carrow Road during the WBA game at half time.................bl**dy Chelsea?.

That''s a very educated argument I must say.

More people in Lowestoft are City fans than Ipswich fans and the majority of people living in Lowestoft (under the age of 35) were born in Norfolk (either in Gorleston or Great Yarmouth).

Can you therefore confirm that people born in Norfolk and supporting Norwich are indeed ''scum''?

Thanks.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]How come this final is being held at Wembley? Surely there will be nothing but huge swathes of empty seats, or am I wrong?  Does anybody know what sort of attendance is expected on the day?[/quote]

I was there in ''94 when Bill Punton''s Diss Town won it, still one of the best days of my life and to date, my only Wembley experience. It''s a fantastic day out for players, officials and fans of Lowestoft, the only chance they''ll ever get to go there.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

Will King''s Lynn FC and Keith Webb get the same coverage if they slay the Welsh dragon tommorow and conquer the Southern League Crown? I''d like to think so......! Or is West Norfolk a million miles away?

[quote user="Greenwich Canary"]

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]How come this final is being held at Wembley? Surely there will be nothing but huge swathes of empty seats, or am I wrong?  Does anybody know what sort of attendance is expected on the day?[/quote]

I was there in ''94 when Bill Punton''s Diss Town won it, still one of the best days of my life and to date, my only Wembley experience. It''s a fantastic day out for players, officials and fans of Lowestoft, the only chance they''ll ever get to go there.

[/quote]

I was there that day as well (as indeed seemed to be 3/4 of Diss).  Fantastic day, great atmosphere, and superb result - Peter Mendham''s equaliser after about 10 mins stoppage time is a top memory.  And, the atmosphere that day compared well with some England friendlies I have been at JJG!

whats wrong with people from darkside (suffolk) seeing the light and defecting to the light side, its less for the chaps down the a140 to call fans, you never know bury st edmunds may declare its self a protectorate state of Norfolk!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Twaddling fool!

There is a larger City fan base who live in Lowestoft, many are season ticket holders too.............are they all scum as well?

And why do NCFC hold forums there and not ITFC?.

Apologise to the good people of Lowestoft CT................no?.................thought not!.  [:|]

[/quote]

Oh yes Wizza of course. You always apologise for your mistakes dont you ....

I have to say that I agree with lowestoftcanary and 1st Wiz in this thread, having been born and bred in Lowestoft and living there for the first 23 years of my life and now living just a few miles along the A146 in Worlingham near Beccles.

Some of the comments in this thread, particularly those posted by C.T and jas, are nothing but arrogant, small minded and petty and are an insult to ALL of us Norwich fans living in Suffolk - of which there are very, VERY, many!!!

So, as has already been asked in this thread, does this make me and all the other Suffolk-living Norwich fans Suffolk Scum?

So I think that an apology is in order, particularly from YOU C.T, don''t you?

[quote user="lowestoftcanary"]

[/quote]

On second thoughts... i''m sorry for anybody i may have offended- good luck Lowestoft [:$]

People from Norfolk are so flipping ignorant and naive when it comes to this - it''s not Norfolk County FC, it''s Norwich City FC and if people in the parts of Suffolk that are closer to Norwich  than Ipswich want to support Norwich City then show some respect and stop calling everyone from Suffolk SCUM. Lowestoft is more local to Norwich than Kings Lynn in any case. There are loads of City supporters in north Suffolk. In any case, loads of Ipswich fans are from Essex, and quite a few from places like Diss!

[quote user="will c"]People from Norfolk are so flipping ignorant and naive when it comes to this - it''s not Norfolk County FC, it''s Norwich City FC and if people in the parts of Suffolk that are closer to Norwich  than Ipswich want to support Norwich City then show some respect and stop calling everyone from Suffolk SCUM. Lowestoft is more local to Norwich than Kings Lynn in any case. There are loads of City supporters in north Suffolk. In any case, loads of Ipswich fans are from Essex, and quite a few from places like Diss![/quote]

Well said mate, thank you [Y]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]As of today, Lowestoft have sold 9.000 tickets, I believe they have been allocated 14.000 tickets[/quote]

Yep, and there is also a special train running that goes straight from Lowie to London too [:)]

I''m going, what anybody else?

[quote user="will c"]People from Norfolk are so flipping ignorant and naive when it comes to this - it''s not Norfolk County FC, it''s Norwich City FC and if people in the parts of Suffolk that are closer to Norwich  than Ipswich want to support Norwich City then show some respect and stop calling everyone from Suffolk SCUM. Lowestoft is more local to Norwich than Kings Lynn in any case. There are loads of City supporters in north Suffolk. In any case, loads of Ipswich fans are from Essex, and quite a few from places like Diss![/quote]You''re quite right Will, still didn''t stop me from booing when I saw the Suffolk county sign on my travels today [;)] . Some people take it a little too far though, I''d be happy to see Lowestoft win at Wembley.