Sign in to follow this  
Canary Chris

Feel sorry for Southampton and co?

Im not sure! Now about to watch them play West Brom, obviously in deep trouble. Just remembering how I felt last week, with us being in a much better position.

Any opinions?

Most Southampton fans have got to feel depressed knowing that, if they lose today, it will only be failure to win by Leicester that gives the Saints any chance of survival by winning their final game against Sheffield United. The Southampton fans have got to believe currently that the Blades will be up for the game and, also, Saints fans will believe that Sheffield Wednesday are a nap to take the points against Norwich. What a horrible position to be in. On the other hand, as Yella_Forever points out, if Southampton should pull off an upset today, it brings Blackpool and Coventry back into the battle. Lots of eyes watching today''s game.

So WBA are virtually guaranteed promotion and now, not only Southampton and Leicester fans, but Coventry and Blackpool fans start the "big sweat." 

WBA have a goal diff 12 better than Hull in 3rd and are three points ahead. They are guaranteed to go up. Congratulations to them, They were by far the best team in the division this year.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]So WBA are virtually guaranteed promotion and now, not only Southampton and Leicester fans, but Coventry and Blackpool fans start the "big sweat." [/quote]

There''s going to be some interesting permutations on Sunday Yankee.

Leicester now look favourites because I can see Southampton getting a point against Sheff Utd.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]So WBA are virtually guaranteed promotion and now, not only Southampton and Leicester fans, but Coventry and Blackpool fans start the "big sweat." [/quote]

There''s going to be some interesting permutations on Sunday Yankee.

Leicester now look favourites because I can see Southampton getting a point against Sheff Utd.

[/quote]

What''s amazing to me Ricardo is that half the teams in the division are still fighting for promotion, playoffs or relegation in the last game of the season.

But Leicester is a relatively easy trip away for me and you. Southampton is a pain in the a*se

Leicester''s big downfall this season has been that  they simply haven''t scored enough goals.  At only 42 they are the worst in the league along with Scunny. I see Leicester going down because I can''t see them scoring away against Stoke.  Saints however can definitely get a point against Sheff Utd.  What amazes me is that Colchester have scored 59 goals this season! If only they''d sorted their defence out! Anyone fancy Kevin Lisbie as a replacement for Dion?  With only 48 goals scored we desperately need a goal scorer or we''ll it''ll be squeaky bum time again for us next season. Lisbie might just do the job for us.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]I''m desperate for it to be Leicester who go down simply because I can''t stand that little n*b Holloway or Mandaric.  [/quote]I agree, it would be funny ifthey went after how many players they have bought this year.Plus I go to every home game which is a good 7-8 hour round trip.  The Southampton away game takes me 10 minutes to walk to, I would be gutted to lose that!

Would definitely be funny if Leicester went down, especially after all the articles there have been recently in the national media about trying to avoid a drop into the third teir for the first time in their history. 

Is it me or do they seem to get more publicity than other teams down there?  Is it just because Holloway is an attention-seeking media whore?

I remember in our play offs year beating barnsley and sending them down, now that''d make me laugh if we did the same to sheff weds. I''d prefer to see leicester go down, just to annoy milan "we are a premier league club" mandaric, but frankly now we''re safe I''m just gonna enjoy myself sunday, watching wednesday fans on their mobiles!!!!

I''m just happy now to be on the outside looking in, Sunday is going to be very interesting indeed!