Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Who is your favourite non british ncfc player?

[quote user="The Lord"]

2) David Nielsen (Although not the longest of career''s, i loved the way he always got the crowd involved)

[/quote]

Have to agree. Shame we rarely see this passion from our current players. He was also a great player. Why did we get rid again??!!

Neilsen did that to get a cheap pop to hide his rubbish perfromances im afraid...

he wasnt a "good player" h''s first touch was so bad his 2nd touch was a header for the most part!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Neilsen did that to get a cheap pop to hide his rubbish perfromances im afraid...

he wasnt a "good player" h''s first touch was so bad his 2nd touch was a header for the most part!

[/quote]

Do you remember when he got clean through on the halfway line against Preston - and his first touch went so far the keeper picked it up?!?!

He was crap. But they were great days, he was better than we were used to at that time. Just think Coote & Dalglish...

As for foreigner, Svensson or Nedergaard for me. Or Andy Townsend, even if he was a total ****.

Favourite has to be Derveld. Or Segura. Maybe de Waard?

So many to choose from in that golden era.

Oooh Aaaah Cedric Anselin! Remember the lob away to Swindon (or some other lowly team!) Lovely!

Also loved Mathias Jonson. Bags of passion, I was so desperate for him to score. He probably would have gone "Ketsbia" on the advertising hoardings!!

Jean Yves Deblasiis always got stuck in

I think it is hard to look beyone De Waard for worst ever foreigner! The Dutch Ryan Giggs spent too much time in the crack houses in Amsterdam!

i really liked old stenno, he was a ver good player, i also like JJ (the one who came on loan) he was quite good, and i liked how he played

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i really liked old stenno, he was a ver good player, i also like JJ (the one who came on loan) he was quite good, and i liked how he played[/quote]

who? Jermaine Jenas? Jason Jarrett???!!!

Drazen Muzinic. There''s a name for you. He was the first foreign player I can remember us having and if I''m not mistaken he turned out to be a deserter from the Yugoslavian army....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]i really liked old stenno, he was a ver good player, i also like JJ (the one who came on loan) he was quite good, and i liked how he played[/quote]

who? Jermaine Jenas? Jason Jarrett???!!!

[/quote]jimmy johnstone? jay jay okocha?give us a country and i can guess.

[quote user="Marigold"]

Oooh Aaaah Cedric Anselin! Remember the lob away to Swindon (or some other lowly team!) Lovely!

[/quote]Now working in a sports shop in King''s Lynn, I think.My favourite that I''ve seen was Steeno.Worst was Victor Segura.  Though Mark Libbra, on an off day, was the worst footballer I''ve ever seen.

Victor Segura was around a couple years into my tenure as a Norwich Fan, and at the time i thought any player in yellow and green was fantastic (cause i was about 7)!!

Marc Libbra was so good that when he scored two against Crewe people still wanted him to get off the pitch! incredibly lazy but had his moments!

Cedric Anselin i personally liked, but i found it really funny when the couple down the front of the N and P had their banner up for him months after he left!

[quote user="National Express super guard"]matty pattison, i love a man who can hold his drink!!! helveg was hardly amazing, took him a 2/3 of season to get going!!! on the basis that he was born in india, the legend that is keelan has my vote tho!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I keep forgeting that he''s not British! Can''t doubt the guys commitment to the cause, and on his day he can pass the ball (on his day, remember!).

In reply to who asked why we got rid of Nielsen, I think it was because his wife got an IT job in Denmark, and he wanted to move back to his homeland as well.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Marigold"]

[/quote]Now working in a sports shop in King''s Lynn, I think.[/quote]He plays for Dereham now. Watched him a few weeks back, best player on the pitch by a country mile.