Sign in to follow this  
JayZ

Norwich v Ipswich stats

Just a friendly bit of banter. Lets settle the Ipswich vs Norwich row here and now [:)] can anyone come up with rival stats for each  team? Ill start off........

Ipswich have placed higher than Norwich in league games 42 times.

Norwich have placed higher than Ipswich in league games 19 times.

1 - 0 the town.

[quote user="JayZ"]

Just a friendly bit of banter. Lets settle the Ipswich vs Norwich row here and now [:)] can anyone come up with rival stats for each  team? Ill start off........

1 - 0 the town.

[/quote]

Norwich  ...a fine city

Ipswich ..  slum

The equaliser

[quote user="JayZ"]

1 - 0 the town.

[/quote]Number of minutes you''ve spent today on a Norwich message board: 97Number of minutes I would ever spend on a filthy ITFC message board: 0I guess that makes it 2-0 then.

The heroes (or heroines) of our fine city and county tend not to be murdered prostitutes.

hahahaha, so a no then. you cant even add!? how could it be 2-0 norwich when it started 1-0 ipswich. Anyway, this about football not how scummy our towns arem, we dont dispute that which is why we love our football team, they make a sh*tty town good.

come on norwich fans, some football comeback please.

heres another one.......

FA cup wins...

Ipswich 1 - Norwich 0.

so thats 2-0 the town........... come on canaries, defend yourselves with some proper footy facts. ( i wait for silly comments as i know there is no comeback.) hehe.

we dont actually dwell on the successes of the 70''s to try and make ourselves seem a "bigger" club than we actually are.

jas :)

We tend to have short memories in Norwich re murders etc and our fine city aint so fine no more,imo. Saying that its still paradise to the ghetto down the road.

[quote user="JayZ"]

1 - 0 the town.

[/quote]How do you place in a league game?  If you mean league seasons, why only count 61?  Both clubs have been about for longer than that.Statistic: Cathedrals: Ipswich 0 v Norwich 2.

let''s face it, you have had about as much success over recent years as us!

Anyway, we won best groundsman and best program awards at least once over recent years, something to put in the trophy cabinet!

I''m pretty sure we must have won a catering based prize too, the half time pie is an important part of footy you know!

(Welcome to Norwich, a Fine City)

[quote user="JayZ"]

hahahaha, so a no then. you cant even add!? how could it be 2-0 norwich when it started 1-0 ipswich.[/quote]

I never said 2-0 to Norwich, I just said 2-0. Anyone with half a brain would realise that I meant 2-0 to Ipswich. Never mind my ability to add, you can''t even read properly! Why am I not surprised?

sorry, i did mean leaque position. i counted 61 because that goes back to 1938-39. anyway, i didnt know cathedrals had anything to do with football. I dont think norwich have actually won anything at all have they? dont think any manager of thiers has gone on to manage England (and win the wolrd cup) i think u won a few divisions to get promotion but thats it.

Ipswich:

FA cup winners                                         Norwich - never

UEFA Winners                                       Norwich - never

texaco Winners                                       Norwich - never

UEFA appearances - 46                         Norwich appearances - 6

Cup winners cup appearances - 6            Norwich - 0

total europe appearances - 62                 Norwich - 6

Seasons in top league - 42                      Norwich - 21

Managers given to England squad - 2      Norwich - 0    (one of these Ipswich managers being the greatest of all time, Sir Alf!)

the list goes on but im bored of showing you lot up.Damn, it must be hard supporting a team that has never won anything and is looking at possible relegation. Forget how crappy our town is, this is about football and Ipswich dominate, pride of anglia!

SUPERBLUES!

[quote user="JayZ"]

sorry, i did mean leaque position. i counted 61 because that goes back to 1938-39. anyway, i didnt know cathedrals had anything to do with football. I dont think norwich have actually won anything at all have they? dont think any manager of thiers has gone on to manage England (and win the wolrd cup) i think u won a few divisions to get promotion but thats it.

Ipswich:

Managers given to England squad - 2      Norwich - 0    (one of these Ipswich managers being the greatest of all time, Sir Alf!)

the list goes on but im bored of showing you lot up.Damn, it must be hard supporting a team that has never won anything and is looking at possible relegation. Forget how crappy our town is, this is about football and Ipswich dominate, pride of anglia!

SUPERBLUES![/quote]

Well the stats are true, but there is more to life than football, and I''d much rather spend my life in a nice city with an underachieving football team than in a godforsaken 1960s archictectural nightmare of a town with a marginally better football team (because let''s face it, you''re not even close to what you were 30-odd years ago). In the last 20 years there''s been nothing between us, really – well nothing except the poverty line, anyway!

Premiership Performance

Points per game

Ipswich – 1.11

Norwich – 1.22

Goals for per game

Ipswich – 1.08

Norwich – 1.25

Games Won %

Ipswich – 28%

Norwich – 30%

Games Lost %

Ipswich – 46%

Norwich – 38%

Highest Position

Ipswich – 5th

Norwich – 3rd

Most points

Ipswich – 66

Norwich – 72

Lowest Position

Ipswich – 22nd

Norwich – 19th

Lowest Points

Ipswich – 27

Norwich – 33

Super Blues my ass

With a name like JayZ i guess you are either 10 years old or a little older but with a small brain and listens to crap music, the real JayZ (who you probably idolise) is a bellend!

PS, Their is not spelt thier! and stop using text speak, you are showing your age, now get back to your paper round (probably not a safe job around those dodgy streets)

What is the Texaco Cup for **** sake?

Number of fans that turn up week in week out?

Percentage of stadium filled over the last 5 years despite league performances?

Number of grounds owned by club and not local council?

Number of promotions in last 5 years?

Number of ex players currentely in England Squad...

Yawn  yes you beat a poor Norwich side just in a game that realistically meant nothing to us and will mean nothing to you. Lets judge when we are both fighting for points shall we.....

[quote user="JayZ"]

Ipswich:

SUPERBLUES!

[/quote]

Do I detect a little bit of “cathedral” envy?

Right now we are about as average as each other. Unless you happen to go up (Which personally I dont think will happen, Wolves will get 6th spot) then neither of us have that much to gloat about.

Ipswich Fans never sing

Norwich Fans always sing

and you call yourself fans!  Your not fans you just come to game and hopeyour team win, you dont even try to spur them on!

so wheyyy!!

I bet our 2,000 fans made more noise than all your fans put together yesterday.

And stop living in the 70''s the only thing that matters is now!

supose the only good thing to come out of this thread is the fact that all you binners ever do is talk about the past, over the last 5 years norwich have been by far the better team and club. go rot

I still lie awake at nights because City (and note it is a City - and a particularly fine one at that - not a town) have never won the Texaco Cup. Would trade both of our League Cups for one of those...

Bless these school children, at least our lovely comprehensive state system isn''t failing these young progidies...

[quote user="JayZ"]

Ipswich:

SUPERBLUES!

[/quote]

I repeat.

we dont actually dwell on the successes of the 70''s to try and make ourselves seem a "bigger" club than we actually are.

jas :)

Here''s One.....

Weeks ground is full..........Norwich every one...Ipswich.....Derby day only....

Travelling crowd......Norwich second to none.....Ipswich......well!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the trophies...harping on about past glories is a sure sign of being crap!!!!

cathedral does have something to do with footy actually, it makes us a city. therefore we are allowed to be called ''Norwich City'' in our football team name...

oh and i dont believe you have ever won the league cup..

we have twice in 1962 and 1985 ..

now go away, cheers

You may have beaten a poor Norwich side yesterday JayZ, but

after Glenn''s had the chance to put his own team together, we''ll put you lot

back in your place when we play you next season.

As for Norwich never winning anything - aren''t we forgetting

that little game when we came to your place and went top of the Division? We

never came off it after we beat you and went on to win the title.

Oh, and how about 1985 when we knocked you out of the League

Cup Semi-Finals and went on to win it? Forgotten about that too, I should suspect.

Norwich have played Ipswich in 90 competitive matches, of which Norwich have

won 34, Ipswich have won 39 and there have been 17 draws. Hardly Ipswich

domination, is it? The difference between the two teams is minimal at best.

You can have your win yesterday, plus the sorry little stars above your badge

which makes real Premiership teams with real trophy cabinets laugh at you - but

make sure you pop back onto this message board in future after Marcus Evans

does a runner with your money leaving you, your half-empty stadium and your

quiet-as-a-mouse supporters, disappear into oblivion.

"Here''s One.....

Weeks ground is full..........Norwich every one...Ipswich.....Derby day only....

Travelling crowd......Norwich second to none.....Ipswich......well!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the trophies...harping on about past glories is a sure sign of being crap!!!!"

Good points but i have to point out that garnering a big away following would result in a total traffic jam. Can you imagine (god forbid) if the scum made it to playoff final at wembley?Those that managed to steal tickets would bring the streets of london to a standstill. Can you imagine 4000 caravans in a row?!Agree with Marty, it''s all about the "cathedral envy".Whoever mentioned the prostitutes being Suffolk county heroes - remember our modern ones are Mikey Carroll and Tony Martin!!Thats a point - We should take Tony Martin as a local derby away day weapon next year, he''d have all those pikeys gone before half time!!