Sign in to follow this  
birminghamcanary

scimeca has officially signed up to play **** football!!

Its official, he has signed for the boring boring baggies!!

I hope worthy''s got a few he''s close to signing! Hasn''t been any news for days!! is he still on holiday? There aren''t many deals out there, don''t want them all to go!!

More fool Scimeca. Come to beautiful Norwich or go and work for Hairdryer Megon. Must have been badly advised.

yeah i am glad we didnt get him to be honest!spoke to my friend who supports leicester and he said he would be more than glad to get rid of him and if they got any money for him they would be laughing!

He would only have been a squad player anyway. Theres no way hes better than what we already have. Let megson have the donkeys, we''ll take the class.

live in leicester and spoke to flat mate who is a massive leicester fan - thought scimeca was ok but not worth signing so agree that this is a lucky miss for city. OTBC

Think from what I heard that his wife didnt want to leave the midlands and change the kids schools,so perhaps she wears the trousers.

We really didn''t need him anyway - not as good as Malk or Flem, and in defensive midfield, his other position, we have Holty. He would be a squad player - and as I keep stating, we''re not going to get anywhere in the Premiership buying players that aren''t as good as the ones we have at the moment.

I am relieved. Quite fancy getting Bentley though.

Bentley ain''t no Rolls Royce!....Yet! I think once again it may be a blessing in disguise that Scimeca has gone to Megsons "kick to kill" Thai boxers 1st XI !... If he so wishes to play the Premiership equivalent of "Rollerball" so be it. What''s next for Megson? sending one of his insurgents, to nick a sample of the new Carrow Rd turf, so they can replicate the same playing surface as ours? I know, lets put a bid in for "Flapper Marsh*ll", it would be comical to witness Megsons reaction! What a pillock that man is!

Yeah and we have heard nothing of Bentley recently either. My guess is he is waiting to see if West Ham get to the Premier and then go on loan to them keeping him in London. It is getting a bit like a mirror image of last season where everyone we go for does not want to come. I know we ended up with Hucks but there arent too many of those around.

He''s obviously under the thumb. I can just hear his missus now;

"Rickaaay!!!! We ain''t movin, you''re playin for the Baggies!!!"
"B-but, I want to play for the classy Norwich City, they''re the pride of anglia darling. And West Brom is a dump"
"Rickaaaay!!!! Shut it you slaaaaaaag!!!!"

Why do we need a player who is in obvious need of surgery, in the form of a brain transplant. OTBC!!!!

Scimeca was one of Platts signings for Forest .......... doesn`t that say it all ..............

From WBAs site:

Scimeca also had the chance to join Albions fellow Premiership new boys Norwich but the Leamington Spa-born player has opted for the Black Country “Norwich were interested in me too but West Brom are a big club,” he added.

Is it just me that''s really annoyed (to put it nicely) by that!?

If Scimeca is daft enough to think West Brom are a bigger club than us then he''ll fit in well.

Summed up well, Jonzey. Don''t be angry, Alex. There will be other fish to fry, and better fish than that, no doubt. It''s a case of ''he would say that, wouldn''t he?'', and let''s look forward to showing him the error of his ways next season. My mate''s a Leicester fan and, when I mentioned Mr. Scimeca to him, he said that he was often conspicuous by his absence, even when on the park! Perhaps this is doing the guy an injustice, but perhaps it''s best he has chosen them. I''m sure Worthy''s on the phone right now!!! Keep the faith!

I''m sorry, but could you tell me what Norwich''s average attendance was this season?
If it was less than 24,500 than you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

Could you tell me what Norwich''s tansfer budget is for the forthcoming season? If it''s less than £25m you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

Could you tell me how many first team players Norwich had in their sqaud last season? If it was less than 33 then you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

Could you tell me how much profit per week Norwich make? If it''s less than £100,000 (in Division 1) than you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

Could you tell me How much profit Norwich made overall this season? If it''s less than £3.5m you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

League position has no meaning when it comes to the ''size'' of a club, and history only has a small part to play. PLayer are interested in how they can benefit financially and what sort of crowd they will be playing for, (i.e. Horsefield left very high wages at Wigan, whose average attendance is around 8,000 to join West Brom on a good wage with a 24,500 average crowd.
Players also think about the future, if they think that a it''s more than likely for a club to go down they will reservations about signing. West Brom have put in place a plan for the futur incluing an expansion of the Hawthorns, so that it becomes a 40,000 capacity stadium, and have been given a phenomenal transfer budget to ensure survival.

Norwich had an exceptional season, and deserved to win the league, no-one is disagreeing with that statement, but they will struggle next year, as they are completely naïve in their approach to the Premiership, as West Brom were 2 seasons ago and look what happened to us. We now know what is required to get out of Division 1 AND what is required to survive in the Premiership, Norwich do not know the latter.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see Norwich emulate our first season in the top filght with them finishing above only the playoff winners (If they are Palace) or Bottom (If they are West Ham).

zlatan, are you available on a Bosman? With a name like that you surely must be on our latest wish list! Oh, hang on a minute...I hear Mr. Megson is talking to you now. Well, no contest then. Shame - you might have liked it here...quite a lot, actually! P.S. there''s more to life than just being ''a big club'', whatever that really means.

It seems to me as if both managers are looking for players to help them survive, West Brom as back-up/squad players and Norwich as first team players.

Being a big club seemed to matter to another poster, I''ve just proved that West Brom are a bigger club, which IS important when trying to attract players, and most will always choose the club who can provide them with a higher wage, a better atmosphere to play in and a guarantee of a better future. That''s why when West Brom and Norwich are both after the same player 4 tmes out of 5 he''ll choose West Brom.

Luckily for you the 5th player was Huckerby, and your manager is worthington. He is the type of player who has certain demands, while worthington will not criticise Huckerby, even if he makes mistakes, because he knows how important he is to your club, Megson has no problem with shouting at/substituting/dropping any player, including unquestionably the most talented player outside the Premiership (not the player who''s had the biggest impact outside the Premiership, as that would be Huckerby) Koumas, which he has done on numerous occasions.

you with the phoney russian name

you seem to forget something matey, we won the league, and what''s more we will do better than you as we play FOOTBALL, not booting the ball in the air or boots into opposing players'' shins

as for crowds, our ground was rebuilt during this season, and no our ground isn''t bigger, but by hell it is noiser, my dead relatives could RIP at the hawthorns, it is that quiet

we are financially sound, despite not having the benefit of parachute payments

while your so called manager went after donkeys, we captured the prize - darren huckerby, he didn''t want to come to you, so class players prefer wba do they, name one?

we play better football, we beat you by 8 points, our manager has more style, tact and tactical knowledge, and as for the fans, how many did you take to crystal palace, anything like 8,000 was it, our ground sold out for every game bar one, we took thousands of passionate fans to every away ground and they SUNG!!!

so you made a profit, that is due to getting millions from the prem, tell me this mate, with all your advantages and alleged greater players, fans, ground etc

why the hell didn''t you win the league

we are waiting for an answer

Zlatan, Our attendances are lower than yours this season by some way, but, up untill February we only had 3 stands due to the new south stand being built.

If you''ve got a transfer budget of £25m for next season, (which I very much doubt) tell me who robbed the local bank & I''ll hire him to get us some fast cash too! Whats the point in having a large squad if the majority are not good enough? The only reason Scimeca chose West Brom over us is because his Mrs just gave birth & doesnt want to leave the midlands, end of! Ask player of the year Mr Huckerby why he chose us over you!

We will finish above West Brom, I am absolutely convinced... kick & run boring, boring bagies football does not work in the premiership as you found out last time round! We have the better manager, the better team spirit, the better team! Worthington will make sure he has the players & the tactics to ensure survival, there is nothing naive about Nigel Worthington!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY YELLOWS!!!

Well, Zlatan. Looks like I touched a nerve there. It''s very cute you think West Brom will be bigger than Norwich, there''s arguments for and against in many areas. All that matters is our game will suit the Prem better than West Broms'', as is evident from their attempts to change in the last three games - and lost three times.

It always makes me laugh by the way when I hear supporters, players and pundits associated with the Prem say a promoted club will be naive when they play at the highest level. It''s not as if they haven''t got TVs which show the games, and I should think most players have actually been to a prem game as a guest. It''s not a secret league viewed only by the players involved. Our manager''s played in the top league, as have some of our players. They''ll be ready. But more importantly Norwich have relatively recently played in the Premiership, it wasn''t that long ago we finished third above Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle. (And yes they were good then).

Go and have a horlicks Zlatan to calm yourself down before you pop a vein in your forehead.

I''m sure if, in the unlikely event, the Nationwide and PFA Player of the Year stepped out of line then the Nationwide Manager of the Year would soon discipline him, as he has done to our stars in the past.

Koumas who?

Let me answer a couple of your questions Zlatan:

Q: I''m sorry, but could you tell me what Norwich''s average attendance was this season?
If it was less than 24,500 than you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

This year we built a new stand so no our attendances weren''t 24,000 plus. Now it''s finished, they will be

Q: Could you tell me what Norwich''s tansfer budget is for the forthcoming season? If it''s less than £25m you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

A: No we won''t have £25M to spend. Neither will you. And if you do you are stupid!

Q:Could you tell me how many first team players Norwich had in their sqaud last season? If it was less than 33 then you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

A: You had a bigger squad than us and STILL finished below us. Go you!

Q: Could you tell me how much profit per week Norwich make? If it''s less than £100,000 (in Division 1) than you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

A: You don''t make a profit of £100K a week. That is a lie

Q:Could you tell me How much profit Norwich made overall this season? If it''s less than £3.5m you''re a smaller club than West Brom.

A: Surely if you made £100K a week you should have made a profit of £5.2M last year?

You''d be surprised what we know about the Premiership. We have a sensible board, excellent manager and fantastic team spirit. One season is the Premiership doesn''t make you anything special.

You can have Scimica. You''ll never quite be as good as Norwich though, however hard you try.

Here is the link to the site with just ONE of the aritcles showing that we have a £25m transfer kitty for next season (there have been more).

http://www.expressandstar.com/artman/publish/article_58348.php

If you''d have finished one point above us it wouldn''t have mattered, because you won the league, because you have the best overall season. In the end playing with only the title as a target, which looked as if it was certain to go to you, wasn''t enough to inspire our players to perform to the peak of their abilities.

In case you''re interested Albion sold out their ticket allocation for every away game this season, and I think we may have taken more than 8,000 to Reading.

I doubt that just having anoher stand available would have given you a hiher average attendance than us anyway.

And you''re naive because you believe that every player on earth would give their right leg to play for you. It''s not going to happen, 2 seasons ago we were the same and last season the dingles from up the road were too.

I''m glad you''re al convinced that you''ll finish above us next season, as the rest of the world don''t. Like I''ve said we know we have to alter our approach to stay up next season, we played the the type of football that would get us out of Div 1 this season, and it worked, and after spending 1 season in the Prem we know what type of football is needed to survive, which is why we will adapt.

Ok Zlatan. I''m not going to sink to pathetic tit for tat with you. However let me say a couple of things first. We DON''t think every player wants to play for us. We just know that we have a lot to offer. A lovely family club, great management, great city.

I''m not that interested that you sold all your allocations for every away game. Your not going to get extra points in the Premiership for taking loads away! Oh and by the way, we took 8000 to Reading and 8000 to Palace.

Your arragance is unbelievable. One year in the Premiership and you know everything there is to know about it? You don''t know anything about Norwich. Nothing. You can''t guess what we''re going to do next year. You haven''t seen us on a regular basis. We have. We know the immence spirit there is around the club, around the city. You might spend more on players this summer, but you are by no means guaranteed to stay up. Neither are we, I know that. We are not naive enough to think that next year won''t be tough, very tough. However we are going to give it a damn good go.

I started a thread a few days ago commenting on how I''ve never met or heard from a nice West Brom fan. I stand by that.

DD, there is at least one, as I said before. The guy I work with is great AND is a Baggie through and through. He is as realistic and down-to-earth as the sensible fans among us are, but arrogant he is not! He would be ashamed of ''the Russian-sounding one'', I have no doubt. In fact when I get to work at about 3.30 pm I shall get him on here for a quick look and a scornful laugh!