Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Delia Smith Metro Interview

Question:

You''ve sold 19million books. What have you spent all the money on?

Delia:

Football.

Yeah right. Is it me or is this the most blatant lie in interview history? Un####ingbelievable! [:@]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Question:

Delia:

Football.

Yeah right. Is it me or is this the most blatant lie in interview history? Un####ingbelievable! [:@]

[/quote]

Believe it or not Delia does spend her own money on NCFC!

[quote user=" C.T"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Question:

Delia:

Football.

[/quote]

Believe it or not Delia does spend her own money on NCFC!

[/quote]

Around £6m I believe, of her own personal wealth.  Would I have done the same, not a cats chance in hell.

Duh.......Isn''t that what majority shareholders do? My arguement is that she claims ALL of her money is being pumped in NCFC. It simply isnt true. Not that I would expect her to invest all her money in the club but dont go publicising these things if they aren''t true......

Duh.......Isn''t that what majority shareholders do? My arguement is that she claims ALL of her money is being pumped in NCFC. It simply isnt true. Not that I would expect her to invest all her money in the club but dont go publicising these things if they aren''t true......

[/quote]

At last, truth and reason behind the spin, well said CF.

I know what you are saying, but I think that''s one of the problems with having a ''celebrity'' fan as a major shareholder. I wonder how many watford fans used to cringe, when any media coverage of their club HAD to mention elton john too? Personally, I would far rather the club was known for its footballing prowess rather than the celebrity junk ticket. 

[/quote]

It is isn''t it?   Apart from the bills, the mortgage, petrol, food, a bit of DIY, the odd crate of wine ...........................

Trust you to take it literally ! Duh !! I expect you believe every word Wiz and Whittle say to too or is that a contractual requirement when you sign up to their fan club.

[/quote]

She answered a question in a newspaper interview.  I think that becuase she has put in significant millions, watches almost every game and works on the catering side of things at the club she is entitled to say football.  I would answer ''my children'', its not totally true but they take a large chunk of it and it feels like I spend all my money on them. 

Or would you rather she said something along the lines of 27.5% on football, 14% household bills, 20% foreign holidays etc. etc. just to satisify your anally retentive need for complete and totally honesty.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

It is isn''t it?   Apart from the bills, the mortgage, petrol, food, a bit of DIY, the odd crate of wine ...........................

Trust you to take it literally ! Duh !! I expect you believe every word Wiz and Whittle say to too or is that a contractual requirement when you sign up to their fan club.

[/quote]

Scooby mate, 

After several attempts to re-read your post I have failed to make sense of it? Unusual for you - Your post are usually quite constructive.

This ramble about the bills, mortgage, food etc. What could it mean? Are you saying Delia pays the Carrow Road mortgage?! Is it Delia who fills up the team coach at the petrol station?!

If, by this, you are referring to her personal life please re-read my post, more specifically the "not that I would expect her to invest all her money in the club" bit.

Also - What do you mean by "trust you to take it literally!? very personal this Scooby - Have you got a problem with my previous posts? And also - I don''t believe every word Wiz and Author say but I can still value their opinion. Can''t I? Behave.

[/quote]

Its an interview in a paper!

What do you want? A balance sheet?!!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Scooby mate, 

After several attempts to re-read your post I have failed to make sense of it? Unusual for you - Your post are usually quite constructive.

This ramble about the bills, mortgage, food etc. What could it mean? Are you saying Delia pays the Carrow Road mortgage?! Is it Delia who fills up the team coach at the petrol station?!

If, by this, you are referring to her personal life please re-read my post, more specifically the "not that I would expect her to invest all her money in the club" bit.

Also - What do you mean by "trust you to take it literally!? very personal this Scooby - Have you got a problem with my previous posts? And also - I don''t believe every word Wiz and Author say but I can still value their opinion. Can''t I? Behave.

[/quote]

I think he is saying Delia may use some of her money on... shock horror... herself and her life. Personally I think she should sell her house to fund the transfer kitty....

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Around £6m I believe, of her own personal wealth.  Would I have done the same, not a cats chance in hell.

[/quote]

If I was worth as much as Delia, also had no children to worry about ( which I haven''t), was majority shareholder of a club I loved then I would be quite happy to give them £6m.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

If I was worth as much as Delia, also had no children to worry about ( which I haven''t), was majority shareholder of a club I loved then I would be quite happy to give them £6m or more.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

At last, truth and reason behind the spin, well said CF.

[/quote]

Wiz you''d be better of writing for The Sun, you''ve got a real seeker of truth and justice kind of attitude about you. It''s laughable that you are prepared to take a casual/joking remark like that and claim it as some sort of admission of a lie, whats even more ironic is that if anyone is doing the spining it''s you.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

If I was worth as much as Delia, also had no children to worry about ( which I haven''t), was majority shareholder of a club I loved then I would be quite happy to give them £6m or more.

[/quote]

Good for you CA.  I personally would be tuning into the game on the radio while laying on a sun soaked beach somewhere.  Or out hammering the arse of yet another nameless supercar, just for a giggle.

As much as I love the club, I don''t love them enough to invest £6m into them.

Shrewd bit of business that - considering she will get it all back and some more if she ever sold up. Just think, some people have to live a life of drugs and debauchery - plus the odd love child or 2 minute marriage just to keep themselves in the spotlight. 6m? It would cost that to keep a PR guru employed for the years she has been at the clubs helm - and in the spotlight.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

If I was worth as much as Delia, also had no children to worry about ( which I haven''t), was majority shareholder of a club I loved then I would be quite happy to give them £6m.

[/quote]I think anyone who is a true fan of the club would do the same, if I was worth 400 million as some of our directors are there would be a cheque for 50 million on it''s way to Carrow Road right now just in time for the summer rebuilding programme. I would still have more than enough money to last me the rest of my days and have the added pleasure of seeing the team I love competing at the top level again.

But Delia isn''t worth £400 million is she? What proportion of her wealth has she put in?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]But Delia isn''t worth £400 million is she? What proportion of her wealth has she put in?
[/quote]

Delia is worth £21m last I heard.

She has apparently invested (not donated) £6m in shares. Around 25%. Fair play to the lady. However, she will get this back, and then some, when she sells up.

During the same interview she said she was very happy with her involvement in the club, however, she said she would happily step aside if a big investor stepped in. How happy can she be??!!

The new book should sell like the last ticket to heaven. Delia stands to make an absolute fortune from what I understand, Lets hope we see a percentage of the profits.

" Its an interview in a paper!

What do you want? A balance sheet?!!"

Nope, just another desperate weapon to beat our club with .......... from the usual suspects as well !

[quote user="Nuff Said"]But Delia isn''t worth £400 million is she? What proportion of her wealth has she put in?
[/quote]

Delia is worth £21m last I heard.

She has apparently invested (not donated) £6m in shares. Around 25%. Fair play to the lady. However, she will get this back, and then some, when she sells up.

During the same interview she said she was very happy with her involvement in the club, however, she said she would happily step aside if a big investor stepped in. How happy can she be??!!

The new book should sell like the last ticket to heaven. Delia stands to make an absolute fortune from what I understand, Lets hope we see a percentage of the profits.

[/quote]

Are you pointing that out because 25% because it isn''t enough for you?
http://business.edp24.co.uk/content/aspx/2007/Power100/11_20.aspx

I think their biggest sin in a lot of people''s eyes on here is not being Abramovich. Have a look at the Ipswich Board - Evans is a billionaire, their associate director alongside him is worth 850m, Holly Bellingham is worth £13m. Assuming Evans'' minimum wealth is as a ''1'' billionaire, that''s somewhere around £2billion around their boardroom table. And what percentage of that has the club seen? Just 1 percent of this is £20 MILLION. 25% of it is 500 million. Now let someone tell you that lot are in it for the love of the game and of that club. At least that''s something you can say about DS, MWJ and the Turners. Don''t know about Doomcaster - is he a lifelong Canary?

But it''s such a simpleton approach to say a person is ''worth'' 20m therefore they have 20m sloshing around in the bank doing nothing! And that they should spend at least half of it on NCFC! That 20m is their total worth, it will include investments and assets such as their property. What do you want them to do, sell their homes that they have earned the right to own, and go and live in a council flat so they can bankroll the club? Many families who have been on the property ladder a while and who live in their own a homes will be ''worth'' X hundred thousand pounds. This doesn''t mean they can go out and buy a ferrari each though!

why dont people understand that transfers fees only thing invested in club

dont you think bonuses, wages, signing on fees, agents fees, training ground, hotel, advertsiment, wages on other jobs rather than just footballers i.e cheif exec, ticket office. then you got police fees, undersoil (presume you got) floodlights etc...

Personally I think in the past she has been a bit too generous (e.g Cedric Anselin), and has let her heart rule her head. In a sense the Club and the team are like Family and children to her, which is good and bad. Again speaking for myself I would prefer the Club/family to grow more independent, and like WBA, try and balence the books, and not rely on the patronage of wealthy business types. Why cannot we get away from this reactionary system of having semi-wealthy or wealthy individuals on the Board of our Clubs. To me a Board of Directors should be made up of fans, and experts in their chosen fields, but instead we chose to run our clubs the way Robert Maxwell ran his empire. In the end this type of capitalism just crumbles. 

I have an old 1950s train set in the loft. I quite like setting it up with the kids at christmas. It doesn''t mean that every cent of my disposable income goes on it though.

So Delia has sold 19m books. What is her royalty? lets say £1. So that''s £19m over what, 20 years? Then deduct 40% tax. That leaves £11m. By my calculations that''s most of Theo Walcott, probably stopping at his neck and ignoring his wages. Obviously there will be other sources of income. But even if you quadruple those numbers its not exactly Bill Gates territory is it?

This arrogant pompous attitude towards Delia Smith and MWJ peddled by some stinks. How dare anyone maintain they have a god-given obligation to bail out NCFC? If I had £500m sure I would put in a few bob, but fans telling me what I should or shouldn''t do with my money when they base their opinions on largely newspapers and rumour would actually put me off big time.

Its the hidden costs that get you.This is not our club, but I have some figures on Palace.Simon Jordan isn''t noticeably* more generous with his money than Delia.  In 2004 he worked out his football related income for a FA charge, it was published in the guardian at the same time.  His income was -£132,000 per day!*noticably/significantly etc. I can''t work out the exact word. but Palace have a similar outlay as we do and probably a similar income (within £50k per day net at least).

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

I have an old 1950s train set in the loft. I quite like setting it up with the kids at christmas. It doesn''t mean that every cent of my disposable income goes on it though.

So Delia has sold 19m books. What is her royalty? lets say £1. So that''s £19m over what, 20 years? Then deduct 40% tax. That leaves £11m. By my calculations that''s most of Theo Walcott, probably stopping at his neck and ignoring his wages. Obviously there will be other sources of income. But even if you quadruple those numbers its not exactly Bill Gates territory is it?

This arrogant pompous attitude towards Delia Smith and MWJ peddled by some stinks. How dare anyone maintain they have a god-given obligation to bail out NCFC? If I had £500m sure I would put in a few bob, but fans telling me what I should or shouldn''t do with my money when they base their opinions on largely newspapers and rumour would actually put me off big time.

[/quote]

Fair comment......But why are they the ''Major-Shareholders?''......Why not just be content as members of the board?