Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Fans Player of the Season

Just over half way through the season, if the vote was tomorrow who would you vote for. Can''t say there are too candidates. I''d say the candidates are :

Dion, Marshall and Dare I say it the Doc

A shout to for Fotheringham but he''s only player ten or so games.

Right now I''d go for Dion but if Fotheringham can keep up his good form.........

It''s got to be Darel Russell for me. He''s been superb doing what he does in central midfield and he thoroughly deserves all the MOTM bottles of champagne he''s had. He must have quite a collection now [D]

I don''t know - there could be a few candidates by then.Ched Evens - so what he is a loan player, if he scores the goals that fire us up the table and stays untill the end of the season who knows?Russell - has never stopped fighting for the cause, has played alongside more midfield partners than you can count on one hand and still churns out possitive performances - a real team player.Dion - because of who he is. It takes him almost as long to warm up for training and games as it does for him to drive here from his home and yet he is full to the brim of enthiusiasm and quality - and because it would be a right royal send off to an amazing career.Fotheringham - for two reasons. For coming back from a serious injury early and for being a better player than before and adding a missing ingredient into a side that has become a match for all (but the smallest teams who are so small they are like little bees running around out foxing us!). More performances like he has been giving and he could feature as a strong candidate.Marshall - because he along with Russell and Dublin has been one of the most consistant and reliable performers this season, he has done very little wrong.Otsemobor - debut season and has done well so far. If he continues to improve could be a possible contender.Croft - an upturn in his form has seen a more balanced attacking team and a new energy. If he can keep this up and really show the doubters that he isn''t a one, two, three or even four game wonder kid maybe he will gain some support for his name into the hat.Doc - just as you say.So I think it is not as simple as you have suggested. For me I think Dion will get it but second to him will be harder to tell.

Jamie Cureton, he is top scorer and i short of confidence...

plus it will get a response from 1 or 2 on here

jas :)                                                                    

You''re kidding right? Actuall I''m not qualified to vote but I''d say fans will choose1. Dion2. Dion3.DionThats why he announced his retirement..... Just to win the BB Trophy

My 4 main contenders would be Rusty, Dion, Marshall and the Doc.

The one I''d most like to win it is the Doc. He''d endured far too much and mostly inaccurate criticism from lots of the fans and despite that he always gives his best on the pitch and always speaks well of the club. But not only that he''s defended consistently well and has been key to us becoming a more solid team under Roeder.

Dion Dublin is a class act and he''s played well more or less all season but people will cheer Dion whether he does right or wrong. And considering he''s finished at the end of the season maybe it''d be wiser to give Gary Doherty a boost to let him know that he''s valued here. (well he''s valued by anyone with the sense to realise what an important player he is for us).

As for my other two contenders... Rusty never stops running, never stops putting in the hard work and we all saw in the Leicester match he''ll chuck himself into and infront of anything for Norwich. And David Marshall has pulled off some brilliant saves this season and I think is proving to be a very good signing.