Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Bulgarian Press - Norwich 90% chance of signing Vladimir Illiev!

http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?id=80464http://new.gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=32378Similar to when we signed David Strihavka, foreign websites are saying we are signing CSKA captain and centre back Vladimir Illiev for 1 million euros.

Some attempts at translation by WrathoftheBarclay types are below:The cardinal Cska and national team apologist to Bulgaria Валентин

Илиев close surely will start playing in english Норич, Топспорт tells.

According to the information the 27--year old footballer to 90 percent

is bargain - priced with the team from Чемпиъншип. At the point Норич

is found on 20--th position in second english ешалон, to period over

the trait of those who have fallen out,, and Glenn Рьодер has

surcharged to the team the former West director-heme and Newcastle.

Валентин Илиев is a juvenile of Botev (Враца), is in Cska, where her

became a champion of Бъл, from 2004 as well

Cska

is en route to sell Валентин Илиев out to the english Норич. The

transfer is close finalized and well of value 1 million the euro,

informed "Топспорт".

The head of the supervision "red board "has instructed today sportingly

Alexander Томов that the technical headquarters, Валентин Илиев has

been to 90 percent sure for the "канарчета" that jockeys at point in

Чемпиъншип english,, but they have been to 20- it The point, only of a

point of the zone of those who prolapse.

According to the personal tout to the soccer player Emil Данчев, the deal though is not still

This was mentioned by someone on 606, and i couldnt find it, cheers CJF, sounds promising. Has a decent track record, hopefully will be ebetter than Mr Strihavka, our last eastern european!

Here in Bulgaria today was on newspapers that Norwich almost sure will sign CSKA Sofia centre back Valentin Iliev.

The price can be around 1 milion euro according dofferent surces also playerg agent who is same agent that is on Berbatov say that this is 90% sure.

Iliev is strong central deffender somthing like Andy Linighan Ian Buterworth fisicly.

He is first sub in national team I rate him as a good player can be better than Shackell I think.

there is the link from local news agency but of course is on Bulgarian :)

http://new.gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=32378

Must  add also that may be is  most easy to play Internation deffender in Championship than Striker so I think is better tarnsfer than is Strihavka also Iliev is expiriensed also played in Ukraine league + national team.

Im sure that CSKA will agree to sell him for money about 500 000-650 000 euro so I think 1 milion is quite good for CSKA

here the other link

http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?id=80464

and also Iliev goal against Liverpool with that goal CSKA won 1-0 at Anfield 2 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWu_OLB7dKI

Really strong and good in the air is the boy 27 years old

sounds very good!

Any idea when this is going to go through???

I dont want to get my hopes up, these agents can be very misleading!

[quote user="Boris"]

I wirte this last night on transfer talks forum...

The name is Valentin Iliev not Vladimir also he is not CSKA captan anymore.

Here in Bulgaria today was on newspapers that Norwich almost sure will sign CSKA Sofia centre back Valentin Iliev.

The price can be around 1 milion euro according dofferent surces also playerg agent who is same agent that is on Berbatov say that this is 90% sure.

Iliev is strong central deffender somthing like Andy Linighan Ian Butterworth fisicly.

He is first sub in national team I rate him as a good player can be better than Shackell I think.

there is the link from local news agency but of course is on Bulgarian :)

Must  add also that may be is  most easy to play Internation deffender in Championship than Striker so I think is better tarnsfer than is Strihavka also Iliev is expiriensed also played in Ukraine league + national team.

Im sure that CSKA will agree to sell him for money about 500 000-650 000 euro so I think 1 milion is quite good for CSKA

here the other link

http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?id=80464

and also Iliev goal against Liverpool with that goal CSKA won 1-0 at Anfield 2 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWu_OLB7dKI

Really strong and good in the air is the boy 27 years old

[/quote]

Simply some one need to say the Norwich board that we not need to give 1 milion im sure CSKA will sell him for half of this money because they never sell deffender for this big amount + they promise player last summer if come offer from  good country to not make bulshits anmd to give him transfer!

Again must say can be good signing on posision that we is very short(no centre back in team at all only 2 regulars and next to that big nothing)

Could be blah blah blah to put the pressure on Brady I suspect. Our CB''s cant communicate as it is....

The very last info is that Norwich already make the bid 4 days ago and player must be travel in next 3 days to check personal terms.

Emil Danchev who is Berbatov manager too say will travel with player to Norwich also he confirm that Norwich is only team with offer for CSKA player so from CSKA site there is no problem for the deal.

Only problem that Danchev say is that some others managers ask % for the deal so this is only doubt for the deal for now.

I hope we not to give 1 milion euro coz sure CSKA will be glad for smaller amount.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Strivahka sounded good but it has taken time to adjust to English game Taylor is available and has proved his ability at this level why take the risk?[/quote]

Exactly. We are not in the position to experiment with foreign players we need proven players. 

Boris reported this yesterday evening in the "transfer talk" forum. Seems like a proper fulltime Moderator/Administrator is needed around here to pull all these Topics together. Seeing as all posts need to go through Moderation first surely that can not be that difficuilt?

As for the attempts at translation of these articles can anybody actually use thier brain and not just cut''n''paste from altavista, etc?

If the rumours on other boards and the Leicester website are to be believed Taylor is on his way there this week as he won''t have to move house and Leicester can match the asking price. That could explain our apparent interest in this guy.  

Strivaka has been an expensive mistake partly due Grant having no contacts and unable to attract players to this club.

Roeder has got contacts, Taylor is there for the taking and is proven and as a previous poster mentioned the defenses communication skills amongst themselves aren''t the best as it is so adding a foriegner who probably speaks little if any English would make things worse.

So why would we need to go down that route again?

Only being used as a pawn in the ongoing squabble with Birmingham over signing Taylor - I HOPE!

We''d be talking about Valentin Illiev though?

Its a decent shout, but seriously 1million euros? thats the same amount we bid for Taylor. I know Sofia are a very good team in their league and often in europe, and Illiev has been captain(for a short period), and has 11 international games under his belt, but i think 1 million euros is too much, i think 500k (euros) would be a more likely amount, with sell ons, and additions for if he plays well. That way if hes a success we will be given a while to pay it and still get a good deal if not, we loose much less money than Strihavka, and we could always sell him back to them....I personally would prefer the Captain and Illievs partner in defence Tunchev, but Im sure Glen has done plenty of scouting.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Dexx"]Do this mean we have given up on Taylor ?[/quote]

Knowing our bloody useless board Dexx..........probably!.[:@]

[/quote]Why do you say that? This is Roeders call..... he''s set the valuation. The board take recommendations and decline or persue them...... They have done everything Roeder has asked to date..... should we dump Roeder?

[quote user="Boris"]

[/quote]

thats not difficult... "harry the hoof" (shacks) needs dropping anyway...

Sounds a good player... but then so did Dave Strihavka.... lets wait and see... im always a fan of taking them on tiral/loan first... less to lose.

jas :)

[quote user="bunny"]

Boris reported this yesterday evening in the "transfer talk" forum. Seems like a proper fulltime Moderator/Administrator is needed around here to pull all these Topics together. Seeing as all posts need to go through Moderation first surely that can not be that difficuilt?

As for the attempts at translation of these articles can anybody actually use thier brain and not just cut''n''paste from altavista, etc?

[/quote]''use their brain??  Altavista???  You use your brain and translate this bulgarian for us then please  FFS.....................................As for transfer talk forum, well we are in the january transfer window, so its kind of the most relevant NCFC news at the moment.  Any serious transfer talk I would like to see posted here as I don''t often look there.

[quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

Sorry, I''m not fluent in Bulgarian!

Shame on me! and the rest of you!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]http://www.sportal.bg/news.php?id=80464

Similar to when we signed David Strihavka, foreign websites are saying we are signing CSKA captain and centre back Vladimir Illiev for 1 million euros.

Some attempts at translation by WrathoftheBarclay types are below:

The cardinal Cska and national team apologist to Bulgaria Валентин Илиев close surely will start playing in english Норич, Топспорт tells. According to the information the 27--year old footballer to 90 percent is bargain - priced with the team from Чемпиъншип. At the point Норич is found on 20--th position in second english ешалон, to period over the trait of those who have fallen out,, and Glenn Рьодер has surcharged to the team the former West director-heme and Newcastle. Валентин Илиев is a juvenile of Botev (Враца), is in Cska, where her became a champion of Бъл, from 2004 as well

Cska is en route to sell Валентин Илиев out to the english Норич. The transfer is close finalized and well of value 1 million the euro, informed "Топспорт".

The head of the supervision "red board "has instructed today sportingly Alexander Томов that the technical headquarters, Валентин Илиев has been to 90 percent sure for the "канарчета" that jockeys at point in Чемпиъншип english,, but they have been to 20- it The point, only of a point of the zone of those who prolapse.

According to the personal tout to the soccer player Emil Данчев, the deal though is not still

[/quote]

Well I am getting excited "Foggie" As I am hoping to be asked to act as  an Interpreter as I consider my Bulgarian quite good , no doubt I sound like the policeman in "hello hello" .we could get allsorts of crazy instructions going out there , I did under stand most of your message by the way , what I can glean from it we seem a long way from signing him.As I read it it seems his agent and club are doing most of the pushing . His agent seems very inexperienced in such matters . However I am awaiting the call if it all comes to fruition .

Blagoda''rya , kasmet , Do''vizhdane , Do''skoro ,[Y] arrdee.

[quote user="scott"]

Strivaka has been an expensive mistake partly due Grant having no contacts and unable to attract players to this club.

Roeder has got contacts, Taylor is there for the taking and is proven and as a previous poster mentioned the defenses communication skills amongst themselves aren''t the best as it is so adding a foriegner who probably speaks little if any English would make things worse.

So why would we need to go down that route again?

Only being used as a pawn in the ongoing squabble with Birmingham over signing Taylor - I HOPE!

[/quote]

I found out that Strihavka was signed because he had the same agent as Grant. He watched a DVD saw what he liked and bought him!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="arrdee"]

His agent seems very inexperienced in such matters .

[/quote]

arrdee you lovely old boy, I beleive he has the same agent as Dimitri Berbatov!!  [:D]
[/quote]

Yes agent is same Emil Danchev.

Tomorrow CSKA have first training and I have frend in this team so will try to spoke by mobile with Valentin Iliev and will post you how thinks look for now from the player view but is sure that he is ready to play for Norwich.

I doubt if there is trial will be good for Iliev because our league end month ago and he is not trained since then and must be not fisicly full fit.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="arrdee"]

His agent seems very inexperienced in such matters .

[/quote]

arrdee you lovely old boy, I beleive he has the same agent as Dimitri Berbatov!!  [:D]
[/quote]

Exactly "Foggie" and all the rest of the fellow country men he has tried to have foisted  on us .means what? Just because he got lucky once doesn''t mean he holds water for me ,you lovely old poster you [;)] arrdee.

I would like to give big Dave another go in the team, but we now know that GR does not fancy him at all, otherwise he would have a few games for us, anyhooo, the point I''m trying to make is maybe we can do some sort of swap deal with this geezer, I''m sure that Dave would play for a big club like that, although my knowledge on Eastern European football is not great I would have thought that the Czech league would be the same as the other one. Dunno but maybe its worth a try.

taylor = known quantity, proven player, past pedigree, top gun.vlad = unknown quantity,  proven domestic pedigree,  foreign gamble, has an all or nothing ''vidic'' or ''dave striker ''potential.in short, he could be a good''un - top 6  type player, or he could bomb and leave us  with egg over our chops, and facing a relegation battle.  roedy has made some good buys so far, for me - this has ''risk'' written all over it.  we don''t know the details over taylor yet, but if the boy was willing to come here, and we haven''t gone back to brum cos of ego''s within NCFC, then we could be cutting off our noses to spite our faces here???is it pride before a fall???are the powers that be acting in the best interest of NCFC???  i say, take a deep inhale of breath, step back from this eastern euro deal, then personally, i''d be upto brum tommorrow with a suitcase of used £50''s in the boot, give brady her cash in the flaming car park, with a forced smile, and put tayor on the back seat.we''d have the last laugh with taylor in our squad - make no mistake!!!