Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Wolves v NORWICH match thread

[quote user="king of latvia"]

indy bones

2-0 now what do you say

[/quote]

Virtually the same as before.

So we''ve been poor in the first half. What''s to stop us being far better in the second? At one point, we were known for being a far better second half team.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Course coming from two goals down away from homw is a common occurance. God!, you must have faith[/quote]

Being fair, it''s not that uncommon an occurence, and it''s not a case of faith, but one of support.

Until the final whistle blows, we have every chance of taking something from the game, and until that point the team will get my support.

Sorry, I thought that was what a fan was supposed to do...

But I thought dropping brown and playing trhe holy trinity of hux strihavka and cureton was the cure all of you call for him to be sacked wanted after tuesdays shambles?

This is not good enough - but he is damned if he does or doesnt do what the fickle fans want.

We need a real flat 4 in midfield and consistency amongst the team - we have already had too many changes despite this only being the 7th game.

Hux up rfont with strihavka,  and get a 4 in the middle to do what midfields do;  control the game,  win and keep a ball,  protect the defence, create chances and pass the ball to the strikers.    

The players are good enough - the way we are choosing to use them is not.   

No way the board can sit back and do nothing we are crap...oh no.. sorry i forgot they are happy with being a second rate club. Can''t wait to hear the excuses for this shower.

hope we can come back 2nd half we are an embarrasment, we are going to be fighting relegation at this rate, Grant aint good enough, i am not joining bandwagon said it when we signed him, HIS team is not good enough. lets hope for a miracle 2nd half.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

But I thought dropping brown and playing trhe holy trinity of hux strihavka and cureton was the cure all of you call for him to be sacked wanted after tuesdays shambles?

This is not good enough - but he is damned if he does or doesnt do what the fickle fans want.

We need a real flat 4 in midfield and consistency amongst the team - we have already had too many changes despite this only being the 7th game.

Hux up rfont with strihavka,  and get a 4 in the middle to do what midfields do;  control the game,  win and keep a ball,  protect the defence, create chances and pass the ball to the strikers.    

[/quote]

Tinkerman Grant changes the team after Win Lose or Draw mate. 

Where is the balance today??  Hucks Right Side?  2 defensive midfielders, a central player at left back??

why not Croft Right, Lappin left back and Hucks left mid?? Players playing in their natural positions.

YET AGAIN he is playing players out of position.  In different positiions to where they have played at other times this season. We play a different formation/set of players EVERY week.

Poor management

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Course coming from two goals down away from homw is a common occurance. God!, you must have faith[/quote]

Being fair, it''s not that uncommon an occurence, and it''s not a case of faith, but one of support.

Until the final whistle blows, we have every chance of taking something from the game, and until that point the team will get my support.

[/quote]

A TRUE FAN. Such integrity, I''m beginning to wonder if you''re the real IJ

Post-mortems later, if necessary, but for now.. GET BEHIND THE BOYS !

Poor team selection once again from the manager. Would there be any harm in picking Croft to give us a better shape and more natural width?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]Any eleven professional footballers should be able to put on a better show than this - it''s nothing to do with formation, it''s about professional pride.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

[/quote]

In the sanctity of ones home sitting in front of a computer what is the difference between hoping we''ll win and knowing we''ll lose?. Supporting a team is what we all do and none take pleasure in this state of affairs. If you consider that your blind and feeble hope is helping the team one jot then you are mistaken my friend. I support Norwich but I know we''ll lose today.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Surely it would have been better to start with Lappin at left-back, Russell in centre midfield and Croft on the right wing?[/quote]

Yes, it would''ve done.

Marshall in at left-back & Russell out right!? Genius [:$]

Judging by the formation and most of the team selection Grant has took some notice of the fans, but still that obstinance prevents the tool from fielding the obvious.

And it still seems that Huckerby is concentrating too much on getting back, so no change to the negative, defensive tactics.

Croft & Huck''s should be playing as out & out wingers for Christs sake! By asking them to cut inside to midfield and hold back in the hope that Otsemober can occaisionally bomb down the right, Grant is doing the same with Russell as he''s done with Chadwick in previous matches - IT ISN''T WORKING!!!!

[quote user="GJP"]

Poor team selection once again from the manager. Would there be any harm in picking Croft to give us a better shape and more natural width?

[/quote]

I thought Croft and Semmy linked up well earlier in the season?  Has Croft been injured or something?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I thought Croft and Semmy linked up well earlier in the season?  Has Croft been injured or something?

[/quote]

I''m really quite worried that Croft is going to be forced out. He''s a young lad with a bit of potential to be a decent player for Norwich and he''s not started the last 4 games.

And yeah there was good link up with him and Semmy but Peter Grant ignored that in favour of playing his signing Chadwick for 3 games and today opted to go for Rusty who is also his signing.

[quote user="C.T"]

THIS JUST GETS EVEN BETTER [:@]

Did he concede a penalty?

[/quote]

No, but my friend at the game says "Shackell''s tackle was shocking, deserved the red"

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]It can''t get much worse, can it? Wolves should finish up tonking us by 3 or 4 nil at this rate. Grant Out![/quote]

We''re so bad that it looks like we''re dragging Wolves down to the same level.  A cunning plan . . .[:S]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]In the sanctity of ones home sitting in front of a computer what is the difference between hoping we''ll win and knowing we''ll lose?. Supporting a team is what we all do and none take pleasure in this state of affairs. If you consider that your blind and feeble hope is helping the team one jot then you are mistaken my friend. I support Norwich but I know we''ll lose today.[/quote]

Without getting argumentative and nit-picking, I''m actually at work at the minute, hence why I''m not at the game.

The difference between our two stances is that I''m positive about every game, and know even a 5 minute spell of good play can change a match, whereas you seem to feel that we''re going to lose regardless. As for what impact this has on the team on match day - you''re right, if I''m not at the game it realistically means nothing, but what worries me is the people who are travelling to games are adopting your stance.

We conceed a goal, the atmosphere goes nasty and team morale and motivation suffers even further. If all fans took your viewpoint, then we''d never have given the fantastic support we have in some games, which went on to change the result, a prime example of this was the Middlesboro game during our last janut in the prem. Using my outlook we got behind the team which influenced the players and lead to a superb comeback. Using yours, we''d already have left the ground in disgust, and the team may even have conceded more...

Why is it so hard to actually give some encouragement and support?????????