Sign in to follow this  
ca

Charlton v Norwich Match Thread

[quote user="C.T"]we''re in play offs if we win :)[/quote]

For God''s sake forget about the damn play off''s. It ain''t gonna happen & the way we''re going it''s going to be a relegation battle. Lose at Wolves on Saturday & we will be very near the bottom three.

There are a few reasons to be cheerful.  We held the most expensive, and arguably most dangerous attacking threat in the division for 85 minutes to 0-0.  On another night, we might have squeezed a point here.  If we compete as well as we did tonight for 85 minutes at Wolves, we might well come away with something.  We probably won''t see this tactic very often this season, probably away to the better teams.  That said, with Dublin out for 2-3 matches, we need to find cover at centre-back.  Maybe Spillane will get a chance ?  Who knows...

Who''d be a football fan eh ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

There are a few reasons to be cheerful.  We held the most expensive, and arguably most dangerous attacking threat in the division for 85 minutes to 0-0.  On another night, we might have squeezed a point here.  If we compete as well as we did tonight for 85 minutes at Wolves, we might well come away with something.  We probably won''t see this tactic very often this season, probably away to the better teams.  That said, with Dublin out for 2-3 matches, we need to find cover at centre-back.  Maybe Spillane will get a chance ?  Who knows...

[/quote]

You can''t take any kind of positive for competing for 85mins, it''s 90mins or nothing.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

For God''s sake forget about the damn play off''s. It ain''t gonna happen & the way we''re going it''s going to be a relegation battle. Lose at Wolves on Saturday & we will be very near the bottom three.

[/quote]

Making Plans, couldnt you detect the sarcasm in the post? [*-)]

[/quote]

God help us. I can''t listen to any more. This is part of the problem.

blah - the trouble is that over the 90 mins we lostI''m not sure there were too many ''positives'' all in all - a negative tactic by a manager trying to be too clever and outsmart his former boss. In the end it backfired on him, badly.

[/quote]

You would find positives in a plane crash with no survivors, face it we were rubbish tonight and it aint gonna get any better under McMuppet.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

Is there a competition on here to see who can have the most scantily dressed woman in their avatar or are you all trying to drive us women off here and turn it into a men only site?

Sorry that its off topic.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

Is there a competition on here to see who can have the most scantily dressed woman in their avatar or are you all trying to drive us women off here and turn it into a men only site?

[/quote]

come on cityangel, you have me in a leotard lol.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

come on cityangel, you have me in a leotard lol.

[/quote]

Yes thats funny [:D] if anything could be funny tonight.

Just back from the match. I think 0-0 would have been fair. I didn''t think we were outplayed. Grants formation seemed to be going for a draw. It took a while for the players to get used to the formation, but towards the end of the first half they seemed to be adapting to it, although Chadwick was very poor. We started the second half very brightly and I think the game was even. Charlton looked nothing special. Danny Mills was very lucky to stay on the pitch for flicking an elbow at Huckerby, not sure how the ref could only give a yellow. If he saw the elbow surely it''s a red??

I thought until the penalty the doc was having a very good game. The first penalty was v harsh. The second penalty was outside the area, and I have no idea what Dublin was sent off for?? It could not be for the challenge which seemed to be an innocent clip of the heels.

Over all we were very unlucky. I''ve done my best to control my ords as I''m still very angry about the whole match.

The ref was very poor to say the least.

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

Just back from the match. I think 0-0 would have been fair. I didn''t think we were outplayed. Grants formation seemed to be going for a draw. It took a while for the players to get used to the formation, but towards the end of the first half they seemed to be adapting to it, although Chadwick was very poor. We started the second half very brightly and I think the game was even. Charlton looked nothing special. Danny Mills was very lucky to stay on the pitch for flicking an elbow at Huckerby, not sure how the ref could only give a yellow. If he saw the elbow surely it''s a red??

I thought until the penalty the doc was having a very good game. The first penalty was v harsh. The second penalty was outside the area, and I have no idea what Dublin was sent off for?? It could not be for the challenge which seemed to be an innocent clip of the heels.

Over all we were very unlucky. I''ve done my best to control my ords as I''m still very angry about the whole match.

[/quote]

I just got home and read this whole thread and couldn''t believe what I was reading until I got to your post KP. You saw the same game as I saw. I was proud of our brave team tonight. I don''t think either penalty should have been given but would like another look at the first one to see how the guy got clear. Danny Mills is a disgrace and the ref seemed to see what he wanted to see.

I guess you others watched on the wireless, did it sound that bad? I thought BOTH centrebacks played really well tonight and we were strong and brave all over the park. Really brave, nobody shirking and nobody hiding. We deserved a point for that and it would have been a good point. I thought Chadwick was poor in the first half and was rightly replaced at halftime. I see the witch hunt against Doherty has reached a new level now with ridiculous avatars. The guy never ever hides and honestly had another good game tonight.

I''m glad I found this post KP, I thought overall we were unlucky too. I am still hopefull for this season.

Proud of a team who set out to get a 0-0 draw, proud of a team that is not good enough, whose signings are not up to it, proud of a manager who aint got a clue, proud of a board without an ounce of ambition. I was proud when we going to places like highbury, goodison, elland road, thrashing teams in their own backyard, playing football how it should be played, when nearly every player in our team was wanted by someone else, this lot could not get in the wroxham team.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Proud of a team who set out to get a 0-0 draw, proud of a team that is not good enough, whose signings are not up to it, proud of a manager who aint got a clue, proud of a board without an ounce of ambition[/quote]

No.. just the team for their brave performance last night Ricky. I was proud of my team at Highbury in 1973 when they won 3-0 but I was also proud of them last night.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Proud of a team who set out to get a 0-0 draw, proud of a team that is not good enough, whose signings are not up to it, proud of a manager who aint got a clue, proud of a board without an ounce of ambition[/quote]

No.. just the team for their brave performance last night Ricky. I was proud of my team at Highbury in 1973 when they won 3-0 but I was also proud of them last night.

[/quote]

I was also at the game last night, I don''t know if it was exactly a performance that made me proud but it really wasn''t as bad as people on here are making out. I do hope though that jimmy smith has that bit more quality going forward as our midfield seemed to lack this last night.

I see it as one point lost, which isn''t as bad?!

Charlton away isn''t where our season will be won or lost!!

Sorry NN you are easily proud then, if negative tactics and a team clinging on for dear life makes you proud so be it, to be honest city have embarrassed me since HRH Delia''s rant on tv, there inability to attract real talent, this cluless manager and the thought we have to be happy with a 0-0 at soccer giants Charlton, do me a favour. I dont go to that many games because of my work, but anytime i get off will be spend at local football, till there are wholesale changes at Carrow Road.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Sorry NN you are easily proud then, if negative tactics and a team clinging on for dear life makes you proud so be it, to be honest city have embarrassed me since HRH Delia''s rant on tv, there inability to attract real talent, this cluless manager and the thought we have to be happy with a 0-0 at soccer giants Charlton, do me a favour. I dont go to that many games because of my work, but anytime i get off will be spend at local football, till there are wholesale changes at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Ricky.. Why is it that if a fan can see good in their team they are immediately branded as being happy with mediocrity or in this case negative tactics. I was proud of the commitment and bravery shown by our? team on the field last night. Of course I would much rather seen us play them off the park and win easily but that was never going to happen, was it?

Local football is good, I even think there is a seperate board on this site where you could share your views on what you see [:P] I do think that if the halftime entertainment means more to you than the football then won''t get much joy watching football at Sloughbottom [*-)]

Have a good week.... ''til next week [;)]

[quote user="sunset"]

Could''t agree more, grant is inept, stupid and brainless!!

Get him out now!!

GRANT OUT!!!!

[/quote]

did peter Grant give away 2 penalties last night then?

jas :)

we are norwich, a big club, a great club. Teams like charlton should be worrying about us, negative tactics are a joke, we should be going at teams instead of sitting back. Get back to playing flowing football winning games 4-3, bring in lan Crook and lets see some real football !

[quote user="bringbackchippy"] lan Crook and lets see some real football ![/quote]

a player who couldnt run, couldnt tackle, couldnt shoot, couldnt head! all he did was stand in the center circle botting lonng balls all over the place!

no thanks. Id sooner have a manager who understands that football is more than hitting it as hard as u can.

jas :)

[/quote] A hat trick by Graham Paddon in the quarter final of the league cup. Now, that was a team.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Sorry NN you are easily proud then, if negative tactics and a team clinging on for dear life makes you proud so be it, to be honest city have embarrassed me since HRH Delia''s rant on tv, there inability to attract real talent, this cluless manager and the thought we have to be happy with a 0-0 at soccer giants Charlton, do me a favour. I dont go to that many games because of my work, but anytime i get off will be spend at local football, till there are wholesale changes at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Ricky.. Why is it that if a fan can see good in their team they are immediately branded as being happy with mediocrity or in this case negative tactics. I was proud of the commitment and bravery shown by our? team on the field last night. Of course I would much rather seen us play them off the park and win easily but that was never going to happen, was it?

Local football is good, I even think there is a seperate board on this site where you could share your views on what you see [:P] I do think that if the halftime entertainment means more to you than the football then won''t get much joy watching football at Sloughbottom [*-)]

Have a good week.... ''til next week [;)]

[/quote]

Tell me city are not mediocre and say it with a straight face.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

I just got home and read this whole thread and couldn''t believe what I was reading until I got to your post KP. You saw the same game as I saw. I was proud of our brave team tonight. I don''t think either penalty should have been given but would like another look at the first one to see how the guy got clear. Danny Mills is a disgrace and the ref seemed to see what he wanted to see.

I guess you others watched on the wireless, did it sound that bad? I thought BOTH centrebacks played really well tonight and we were strong and brave all over the park. Really brave, nobody shirking and nobody hiding. We deserved a point for that and it would have been a good point. I thought Chadwick was poor in the first half and was rightly replaced at halftime. I see the witch hunt against Doherty has reached a new level now with ridiculous avatars. The guy never ever hides and honestly had another good game tonight.

I''m glad I found this post KP, I thought overall we were unlucky too. I am still hopefull for this season.

[/quote]

Hey Nutty Nigel. great post and you make some really good points.

My concern is that yes the Doc played well last night it''s just those one mistakes that he makes are costing us dearly. This is a regular occurrence.

However appreciate your comments.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

I tried Ricky.. really I did... but it''s hard to keep a straight face while watching you dance round that ring [;)]

last night wasn''t so bad.. honest mate[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

I tried Ricky.. really I did... but it''s hard to keep a straight face while watching you dance round that ring [;)]

last night wasn''t so bad.. honest mate[Y]

[/quote]

At least people laugh when i make a pratt of myself, whats Grants excuse. I really admire your loyalty, honestly but common even the most diehard fans must see Grant is making gaffs that are costing us dearly. He is green as grass as a manager we needed someone with experience to guide us through sticky times.