Sign in to follow this  
Disgusted of North Heigham

Blaze of mediocrity

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Cluck wrote

Try not to dump the lack of success at this club onto those who have criticised it from time to time...because the fault lies elsewhere and is actually far nearer your own door step than ours.

So if the TRUE fans are responsible for the clubs lack of sucess, what are those who constantly moan and whinge responsible for ?

BAA......

NEXT

[/quote]

I''ll use my usual reply to this inane charge...There are those who would selfishly watch their dog die a painful death in front of them because they lack the courage to act...whereas a "true friend" of the dog would act unselfishly in order to save further suffering.

In my view passively watching this club fade away is not being a "true supporter"...it is being cowardly based purely on self interest alone. If you cared more about the club than your own personal entertainment on a Saturday (or whatever) afternoon you would perhaps take a different view.....but then that takes guts doesn''t it?

Expectations not low just realistic. In my view saturday was good result given our record at preston and with the injury and illness problems that we have experienced in the last couple of weeks.

Thos of us who actually watch Norwich away from home week in week out (which I will wager does NOT include the majority of the negative posters on this thread) will pretty much always be relatively happy with a point from places like Preston as over the years we have rarely looked like getting even that. i think saturday was a sign of some progress. We looked very solid and I never felt we were likely to lose the game. Grant got his tactics right, although I think he hoped we could push on in the last 20 and go for the win but it didn''t quite work out like that with Brellier having to go off thus taking away our midfield platform.

Add a quickly adapting DS, Cureton, Huckerby and Smith into the mix and we will have far more attacking options. i''m sure when they are fit we will be far more positive away from home but on Satruday that wasn''t possible and I for one am pleased with a point.

[quote user="Cluck "]

I''ll use my usual reply to this inane charge...There are those who would selfishly watch their dog die a painful death in front of them because they lack the courage to act...whereas a "true friend" of the dog would act unselfishly in order to save further suffering.

[/quote]Yes, Cluck is the one hitting the club over the head with a shovel, trying to "put it out of its misery".

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]Yes, Cluck is the one hitting the club over the head with a shovel, trying to "put it out of its misery".[/quote]Brilliant [:D]So Cluck when are you going to do something? [:P]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Steve Burns"]

Cluck wrote

Try not to dump the lack of success at this club onto those who have criticised it from time to time...because the fault lies elsewhere and is actually far nearer your own door step than ours.

So if the TRUE fans are responsible for the clubs lack of sucess, what are those who constantly moan and whinge responsible for ?

BAA......

NEXT

[/quote]

In my view passively watching this club fade away is not being a "true supporter"...it is being cowardly based purely on self interest alone. If you cared more about the club than your own personal entertainment on a Saturday (or whatever) afternoon you would perhaps take a different view.....but then that takes guts doesn''t it?

[/quote]Well cluck i think you have excelled yourself on this one.You have compared the state of norwich ciy to a dieing dog.So you being  a true supporter would put norwich city out of its misery would you?Tell me this then what would be your answer to do this?COME ON CLUCK ANSWER A QUESTION FOR A CHANGE TELL US ALL THE MAGICAL CURE TO THE PROBLEM THAT ONLY EXSISTS IN SOME PEOPLES MINDS

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Steve Burns"]

Cluck wrote

BAA......

NEXT

[/quote]

[/quote]Well cluck i think you have excelled yourself on this one.You have compared the state of norwich ciy to a dieing dog.So you being  a true supporter would put norwich city out of its misery would you?Tell me this then what would be your answer to do this?COME ON CLUCK ANSWER A QUESTION FOR A CHANGE TELL US ALL THE MAGICAL CURE TO THE PROBLEM THAT ONLY EXSISTS IN SOME PEOPLES MINDS[/quote]

Ah...but I''m not the one who caused it to become sick in the first place am I?  I...along with others were suggesting a cure long before it became terminal....but so many of you were happy to stick to Delia''s quack medicine and in so doing relying on hope alone. If the tincture itself has no substance...how can it possibly work?

There is no easy cure for the club at this advanced stage....other than major surgery to remove the rot, followed by a period of convalescence. Moving on a few journeyman players on along with what were arguably the few of any quality is like clipping toenails.  A full organ transplant is necessary...which means replacing the failing heart of the club....followed by a total blood transfusion of a far stronger group than the weak O negatives we have now.

You watch it die by all means....but the corpse will (in due course) be resurrected by it''s "true friends" when Delia''s ladeda "trendies" have moved on to the next temporary craze....whatever that may be. May I suggest knitting with so much excess wool lying around?

Am i missing something here? Many managers in the championship would be pleased with a draw against Preston away from home. And we are only 90 minutes into the new season and people are writing us off. It''s PG''s first full season as manager. Now he has a squad without the dross and will build from there. In my mind after last season the only way is up (to steal a cheesy phrase).And Cluck stop it with the metaphors. All it does is just make you look like a person with too much time on your hands and nothing good to say, I want to talk positives and about football. I don''t hear anyone at Old Trafford writing off their season because of a draw at home to Reading! Think it''s an odd comparison? Given our expectations and their expectations it isn''t. So please shut up and get to the point in hand, supporting our team and doing what we can to get us up the league and back where we belong. I doubt many people critised Delia when we got promoted so why now? She loves the club and is obviously a better Norwich supporter than all the nay sayers. 1 Down 45 games to go! Bring it on!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Steve Burns"]

Cluck wrote

BAA......

NEXT

[/quote]

[/quote]Well cluck i think you have excelled yourself on this one.You have compared the state of norwich ciy to a dieing dog.So you being  a true supporter would put norwich city out of its misery would you?Tell me this then what would be your answer to do this?COME ON CLUCK ANSWER A QUESTION FOR A CHANGE TELL US ALL THE MAGICAL CURE TO THE PROBLEM THAT ONLY EXSISTS IN SOME PEOPLES MINDS[/quote]

Ah...but I''m not the one who caused it to become sick in the first place am I?  I...along with others were suggesting a cure long before it became terminal....but so many of you were happy to stick to Delia''s quack medicine and in so doing relying on hope alone. If the tincture itself has no substance...how can it possibly work?

There is no easy cure for the club at this advanced stage....other than major surgery to remove the rot, followed by a period of convalescence. Moving on a few journeyman players on along with what were arguably the few of any quality is like clipping toenails.  A full organ transplant is necessary...which means replacing the failing heart of the club....followed by a total blood transfusion of a far stronger group than the weak O negatives we have now.

You watch it die by all means....but the corpse will (in due course) be resurrected by it''s "true friends" when Delia''s ladeda "trendies" have moved on to the next temporary craze....whatever that may be. May I suggest knitting with so much excess wool lying around?

[/quote]My god cluck you seem to have answered a question,let me see reading between the lines what you are suggesting is,Get rid of delia;get rid of the board,sell all the players .Ah ha that makes sense ,your''e answer holds about as much water as an anglian water pipe  ,I really do not belive you are a true supporter all you like doing is winding real fans up.As i have decided you aren'' t a real supporter i am no longer going to rise to your bait,If you make a valid point i will add my views,If its a load of tripe a one word answer will be posted

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Steve Burns"]

Cluck wrote

BAA......

NEXT

[/quote]

[/quote]

They,,,,,Can,,,,,do ,,,,,such ,,,,,a,,,,,lot ,,,,,these,,,,,days,,,,,you,,,,,know.[;)]arrdee

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Could someone explain what is wrong with a point away at Preston?

Our record at Preston in the recent Championship seasons not including yesterday was:

Played 6 Won 1 Drew 1 Lost 4 Scored 3 Conceded 10

Given our main goalscorer and goalmaker were unavailable, this is IMO a good result.

2007/2008
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End0-0Norwich City11-08-2007
2006/2007
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End2-1Norwich City20-02-2007
2005/2006
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End2-0Norwich City08-04-2006
2003/2004
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End0-0Norwich City22-11-2003
2002/2003
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End1-2Norwich City28-09-2002
2001/2002
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End4-0Norwich City26-09-2001
2000/2001
Football League ChampionshipPreston North End1-0Norwich City17-10-2000

[/quote]

Exactly CJF!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Disgusted of North Heigham"]I see Norwich have stormed into the new season in their usual blaze of mediocrity.

Yawn. Sigh.

[|-)] [:(]

[/quote]

Nice to see your first post was such a positive interesting one, Cluck and Smudger have you well trained.

[/quote]

its because he realised smudger and that have made a name for themselves on here he would start being negative and try and get as well known as them ... i bet

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]Some of us on here have been saying this team is poor. only to be shot down by the yellow and green blinkers brigade.
most on here will be happy with this result, which shows how far not only the team have sunk but also a fair few of our supporters.

GRANT OUT NOW.

[/quote]

Yeah, because a draw at Preston is a total disgrace isn''t it?

[/quote]

In one word "YES"
[/quote]

Well, that showed me didn''t it. Thanks for your well-argued and balanced post.

I think Cluck has a few good points. The club has been badly managed. Take that new stand, the one that replaced the south stand. Great, built a new one. But whose idea was it to carry on paying for it, that''s what I would like to know ?Why can''t we follow the lead of our neighbours and refuse to pay for it. Why did we bulild a stand so small anyway. Go to poorman road and there''s loads of space. Plenty of room you move around and swap seats when you want.Why have we still got a club coach. Soooo last year (it is if you check the registration). Get rid of the coach and the driver, use the money to give someone a fat bonus - or better still, pay off the directors and bring in someone with a bit of finacial nounce." I say chaps, what ho "Yep, I''m with cluck and smudger we need to we more like the binners. Let''s start by telling St John''s Ambulance that we aren''t paying them.

CJF - Nothing wrong with a point at Preston. People are saying things like "Preston is a hard place to go and get a point", it may be true but that statement is based on their form last season!!, they have only played one game at home so far this season. It may turn out that they are shite at home this season and getting a point at PNE is seen as two points dropped rather than one point gained, only time will tell.

Cluck wrote

There are those who would selfishly watch their dog die a painful death in front of them because they lack the courage to act...whereas a "true friend" of the dog would act unselfishly in order to save further suffering.

You on them mind bending drugs again ?

I really fail to see how to can compare a dying dog to our football club.

I''ll file this one under O - off your trolley.

NEXT

Cluck wrote

There are those who would selfishly watch their dog die a painful death in front of them because they lack the courage to act...whereas a "true friend" of the dog would act unselfishly in order to save further suffering.

NEXT

[/quote]

Oh thou who hast no imagination.......

It could be seen equally as valid in terms of a pet cat or budgie if that helps..........

Steve Burns wrote:

Cluck wrote

NEXT

Cluck wrote

It could be seen equally as valid in terms of a pet cat or budgie if that helps..........

what about a stoat?

Steve Burns wrote:

Cluck wrote

NEXT

Cluck wrote

what about a stoat?

[/quote]

I don''t know if stoats are allowed....but I can''t see why not really........[Y]

Pheasants are definately out though as I quite enjoy watching them flap about just after I''ve shot one.........

[quote user="Cluck "]Pheasants are definately out though as I quite enjoy watching them flap about just after I''ve shot one.........[/quote]

Would this be 1 plump young pheasant (oven-ready) for your Pheasant with Cream and Apples special?

[;)]

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

[quote user="Cluck "]Pheasants are definately out though as I quite enjoy watching them flap about just after I''ve shot one.........[/quote]

Would this be 1 plump young pheasant (oven-ready) for your Pheasant with Cream and Apples special?

[;)]

[/quote]

We obviously share the same exquisite culinary tastes OFO.....[:)].....but my brand of sauce could be described as rather more acidic than most.......