Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Norwich v West ham NOT on Setanta !!!

Hi All, Just got off the phone to Setanta to register but before i did i asked if the game on Tuesday night was on, i was told no, now im satellite and whether its available to Virgin or freeview customers i dont know but definately not if you are a sky customer, needless to say i did not sign up !!!    Just thought you would all like to know

I just checked their website, which states they do have the game, so I''m going to pay £8 for the Setanta by broadband, which will give me a month''s access and will cover Norwich''s game [:)]

Listen folks i would check with a member of staff, she put me on hold and came back and said it was definately not on, so ask first

Listen folks i would check with a member of staff, she put me on hold and came back and said it was definately not on, so ask first before you get bitten

According to the Virgin Programme Guide, Sentana 2 on Tuesday night at 740pm-945pm is Live:Norwich vs West Ham.

So it would seem the plan is to show it.

However, since I''m going anyway, it''s academic to me. Maybe I''ll V+ it and watch it again when I get home after the game.

I''ve just checked the Setanta on Broadband schedules again, and our match is on 3 times - once live and two repeats, first later same night, then following day.

Its does say it is on on setanta 2, maybe you just got an incompetant worker like at many phone centres, who didnt check all there channels. 

I have cable TV through Virgin Media and have just been given the Setanta package for free! Looking forward to Tuesday and the City game is listed as one of many free pre-season friendlies to be screened over the next week.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

http://gb.setanta.tv/gb_index.htm

if you go down the bottom it has it there, it''s on setanta two i believe

[/quote]

Anyone know how long it takes to come on once you''ve subscribed? I am trying right now, but their website keeps telling me their server is busy and to try again later - don''t want to leave it too near the actual game in case it takes 24 hrs to activate or something. I think it''s bit naff having to pay a tenner PLUS another tenner subscription fee, but there you go!!

[quote user="kwrtw2006"]

Anyone know how long it takes to come on once you''ve subscribed? I am trying right now, but their website keeps telling me their server is busy and to try again later - don''t want to leave it too near the actual game in case it takes 24 hrs to activate or something. I think it''s bit naff having to pay a tenner PLUS another tenner subscription fee, but there you go!!

[/quote]

Plus its a 2 month min subscription.

[quote user="kwrtw2006"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

http://gb.setanta.tv/gb_index.htm

if you go down the bottom it has it there, it''s on setanta two i believe

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''d be cheaper for you to go and watch the game at Carrow Road mate, I''m sure they''ve still got a few tickets left.

Me too, I have already set my Vplus thingybob to record it, off the beaten track slightly but boy how did I live without this wicked invention, far better than Skyplus me thinks, shame there is no Sky 1 or Skysports.

its on at carrow road believe it or not! it was only 3 quid for me, that was a under 16 ticket tho but it wont be much more ... and i think there is lots of tickets left i got mine yesterday (saturday)

"Live: Norwich City vs West Ham

Live pre-season football action from Carrow Road as the Canaries play host to the Hammers in their second last chance to warm-up for the coming season. "

Definately on - I''ve seen it mentioned in about 10 places on their site. I''ve signed up for the monthly thing (as I live in Brighton, and have a job and stuff...)

[quote user="In the blood"]I have cable TV through Virgin Media and have just been given the Setanta package for free! Looking forward to Tuesday and the City game is listed as one of many free pre-season friendlies to be screened over the next week.[/quote]

How did you get it free? I''m a Virgin Maedia subscriber too.

Anyone know how to sign up to get the setanta broadband? because its seems as though you can only get on it if you live in America.

Dunno about that site, but I do remember my flatmate having one last year, don''t think he ever paid for it in fact, anyhooo it was good quality about 2 mins or so behind and can have some dodgy Chinese commentry or some cheap ex England manager, but on the whole very good. If I find the link I''ll Pm it to you.

After 3 times of ringing up, twice being told it wasnt on, it is on, sorry for the panic i have caused on here, they must pay peanuts at Setanta as the call operators all seem to be monkeys !!!

I subscribed for a month earlier for the broadband service, this sounds quite stupid but im finding it really hard to find where you log on.

Please could someone help me with a link maybe? it would be much apreciated. Thanks

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

Does anyone use this site and if so are they reliable?

http://www.free-football.tv

It says £4.99 for annual subscription & is streaming the NCFC v W. Ham game.

[/quote]

DO NOT DO THIS! It''s all free P2P (i.e. technically illegal) stuff, that they are charging for. How can you have a service called free football, charge for it, and still have people not realise they are being ripped off.

If you want a free service, try typing "p2p live football" into google and selecting first link - I''m not going to post a link for fear of impinging some rule or another... (some times I wonder why people don''t just try google themselves!! They go to all the effort of asking someone on a message board....)

Be warned - while free/illegal sites are free, the quality is deadful and intermittent - I find it''s okay to watch something in the background while doing something else, but not to watch our beloved City!! (note: to argent moderator - I''m only posting this information so they don''t pay money for an illegal service!! I''ve deliberately not posted any links.)

For Setanta Broadband for the UK, it''s very easy to find. Type "Setanta Broadband UK" into google (DUR!) or follow;

http://play.www.setanta.servecast.net/setanta/uk/

It''s £7.99 a month - and yes, I figured I''d sign up for a month to watch the West Ham game. Worth it in quality terms, me thinks.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"]

Does anyone use this site and if so are they reliable?

http://www.free-football.tv

It says £4.99 for annual subscription & is streaming the NCFC v W. Ham game.

[/quote]

I might have a crack at this, hey its only a fiver...

Just wondering why its called "free-football" when it clearly isn''t!

I hope all you lot living outside the city can see it, it''s definitely on tv, just walked past Jubilee pub and they confirm it''s on - don''t know how many pubs outside city will show it though?

[quote user="ob1"]DO NOT DO THIS! It''s all free P2P (i.e. technically illegal) stuff, that they are charging for. How can you have a service called free football, charge for it, and still have people not realise they are being ripped off.

If you want a free service, try typing "p2p live football" into google and selecting first link - I''m not going to post a link for fear of impinging some rule or another... (some times I wonder why people don''t just try google themselves!! They go to all the effort of asking someone on a message board....)

Be warned - while free/illegal sites are free, the quality is deadful and intermittent - I find it''s okay to watch something in the background while doing something else, but not to watch our beloved City!! (note: to argent moderator - I''m only posting this information so they don''t pay money for an illegal service!! I''ve deliberately not posted any links.)

For Setanta Broadband for the UK, it''s very easy to find. Type "Setanta Broadband UK" into google (DUR!) or follow;

It''s £7.99 a month - and yes, I figured I''d sign up for a month to watch the West Ham game. Worth it in quality terms, me thinks.

[/quote]

This is the reason I asked - to make sure it wasn''t illegal. I don''t need the service you are alluding to, as we have a slingbox that gives us the satellite service while we are travelling. It was just to see non-Sky matches. When I looked on the Setanta site (whose channels we have access to when in the States) it said £9.99 a month for a minimum of 2 months + £10 set up fee.

Sorry for asking for advice on a footballing site from a football forum - I won''t be asking again! Being a website builder I am reasonably well-versed in the search engines and the way they work and they don''t always bring up what you are searching for. It''s only as reliable as the person who submitted the site to the search engines.

Thanks.

[quote user="Canaries for Ever"][quote user="ob1"]DO NOT DO THIS! It''s all free P2P (i.e. technically illegal) stuff, that they are charging for. How can you have a service called free football, charge for it, and still have people not realise they are being ripped off.

[/quote]

This is the reason I asked - to make sure it wasn''t illegal. I don''t need the service you are alluding to, as we have a slingbox that gives us the satellite service while we are travelling. It was just to see non-Sky matches. When I looked on the Setanta site (whose channels we have access to when in the States) it said £9.99 a month for a minimum of 2 months + £10 set up fee.

Sorry for asking for advice on a footballing site from a football forum - I won''t be asking again! Being a website builder I am reasonably well-versed in the search engines and the way they work and they don''t always bring up what you are searching for. It''s only as reliable as the person who submitted the site to the search engines.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Sorry about the attitude - it just annoys me when people don''t at least try google first before asking! [:)]

And as for the comment "It''s only as reliable as the person who submitted the site to the search engines.", being all nit-picky; generally google uses robots which interrogate the site (after submission or robot link following), rather that the submitted index model of other sites. So it''s nothing to do with the submitter or how it''s submitted, it''s to do with how the site is named, meta-tagged and of course it''s actual content - which are the most important things to google, and what makes it better than all other search engines... but as a web site builder, you know that... [;)] (I am joking here, rather than having a go - I am geniue in being sorry about me being arsey!)