Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

The definition of a 'supporter'

''Someone who supports or champions something''

Quite simply....., if the above is not applicable to you then why bother posting on here?

Not this again - AAAARRGGHHHH;  the worst and most pointless of debates;  talk about groundhog day.

Sorry Blainsey - not directly aimed at you but we have had this so may times and it simply creates divides.

Football is all about opinions;  none of us is right 100% of the time and even those that annoy us the most can share their view;  the just should not expect everyone else to agree with it.    

I have no doubt that all the regular posters on here are true supporters of the club,  even those that irritate us most. 

Not this again - AAAARRGGHHHH;  the worst and most pointless of debates;  talk about groundhog day.

Sorry Blainsey - not directly aimed at you but we have had this so may times and it simply creates divides.

Football is all about opinions;  none of us is right 100% of the time and even those that annoy us the most can share their view;  the just should not expect everyone else to agree with it.    

I have no doubt that all the regular posters on here are true supporters of the club,  even those that irritate us most - like this one[:D] 

We are all entitled to our own opinions, but certain people who NEVER say a positive thing about the club cannot be called supporters in my opinion. 

[quote]Someone who supports or champions something[/quote]

It could be argued that those who question the status quo are attempting to help the thing that they support.

The nature of support is different to every individual. 

I have no doubt that I annoy the hell out of season ticket holders when I bang on about how great things are when they''ve just got back from a 0-0 draw on a wet Tuesday night in Preston. 

But we all support the club according to our own abilities, limitations, and methods.

in my opinion ''someone who has supported this club 4 as long as they can remember and has NEVER claimed to support another professional English club side''.

Anybody, regardless of views or opinions, who fills the above criteria can rightfully claim to be a supporter.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

Quite simply....., if the above is not applicable to you then why bother posting on here?

[/quote]

Yes, and i`m sure the true Leeds fans were supporting and championing Ridsdale as he ran their club into the ground........

[quote]Yes, and i`m sure the true Leeds fans were supporting and championing Ridsdale as he ran their club into the ground........[/quote]Thankfully, we don''t have a Ridsdale on the board !

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

Yes, and i`m sure the true Leeds fans were supporting and championing Ridsdale as he ran their club into the ground........

[/quote]

Not the bloody Leeds example again!?! [;)]

To me, its not about anything other than the 11 guys who run out on that pitch.

Good, bad or indifferent, they will still get my support the following week.

Yes, I will moan about poor performances, but its about being Norwich through good times and bad.

[quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

People post on here because they genuinely care about Norwich City. If they didn''t they wouldn''t have opinions on every aspect of the club and wouldn''t bother to discuss them. Supporters should acknowledge the ''good'' things and query the ''bad'' things.  Players, managers, chief execs and board members will invariably come and go and ''perform'' well or badly. The only thing that remains constant at a football club are the supporters and their love for the club.

City ''til we die

[quote user="Stevo"][quote user="Blainsey"]

[/quote]

People post on here because they genuinely care about Norwich City. If they didn''t they wouldn''t have opinions on every aspect of the club and wouldn''t bother to discuss them. Supporters should acknowledge the ''good'' things and query the ''bad'' things.  Players, managers, chief execs and board members will invariably come and go and ''perform'' well or badly. The only thing that remains constant at a football club are the supporters and their love for the club.

City ''til we die

[/quote]

Very well said STEVO!!!  [Y]

You seem to have rather an obsession with our club, don''t you Smudger ? Out of the last twelve posts on here you have added your opinion to ten of them. Opinions that contain nothing but negative views and attacks on our club.This from a poster who has no interest in attending any games at Carrow Road. I wonder why ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Stevo"]

City ''til we die

[/quote]

[/quote]

I second that!  I may not agree with you Smudger for a lot of the time, sometimes I feel you go well over the top, however I will admit that you do raise some very valid points and I have not once ever considered you to be less of a supporter than I, nor that you care less about the club.

This is an old argument (as Zipper pointed out) that ran quite a lot during the “Worthy Out” period on this forum.  We are merely covering old ground and getting into the “my dad is bigger than your dad” arguments again.  Everyone on here posts because they care about City and want to see them successful.  What we desperately need to get away from is the attitude that differing opinions means we all don’t wish for the same thing, a successful Norwich City.

It’s all very well posting the definition of a supporter but there is more too it than a dictionary entry.  From what I can see, posters like Cluck are “championing” Norwich City, just in a different way to others.  It makes them neither wrong nor less of a supporter, if people can’t detect the passion for City in what they say then they are reading it wrong.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]You seem to have rather an obsession with our club, don''t you Smudger ?

Out of the last twelve posts on here you have added your opinion to ten of them. Opinions that contain nothing but negative views and attacks on our club.

This from a poster who has no interest in attending any games at Carrow Road.

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

Probably because he cares so much that you wouldn''t even begin to understand........and because his expectations of our club are higher than most.

Simple really.

OTBC

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Stevo"]

City ''til we die

[/quote]

[/quote]

I second that!  I may not agree with you Smudger for a lot of the time, sometimes I feel you go well over the top, however I will admit that you do raise some very valid points and I have not once ever considered you to be less of a supporter than I, nor that you care less about the club.

This is an old argument (as Zipper pointed out) that ran quite a lot during the “Worthy Out” period on this forum.  We are merely covering old ground and getting into the “my dad is bigger than your dad” arguments again.  Everyone on here posts because they care about City and want to see them successful.  What we desperately need to get away from is the attitude that differing opinions means we all don’t wish for the same thing, a successful Norwich City.

It’s all very well posting the definition of a supporter but there is more too it than a dictionary entry.  From what I can see, posters like Cluck are “championing” Norwich City, just in a different way to others.  It makes them neither wrong nor less of a supporter, if people can’t detect the passion for City in what they say then they are reading it wrong.

[/quote]

Excellent post again SAINT... and one that I shall try to remember you making next time we have cross words!!!  [:D]  [B]

My definition of a supporter is someone who attends games & cheers his team on. Someone who doesn''t attend is merely an armchair fan.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]You seem to have rather an obsession with our club, don''t you Smudger ?

Out of the last twelve posts on here you have added your opinion to ten of them. Opinions that contain nothing but negative views and attacks on our club.

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

Probably because he cares so much that you wouldn''t even begin to understand.....

[/quote]

Oh good grief, pass me the bucket, please. You two should just get a room....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder why ?

[/quote]

Probably because he cares so much that you wouldn''t even begin to understand.....

[/quote]

Oh good grief, pass me the bucket, please. You two should just get a room....

[/quote]

Convenient quote.

Convenience food.

And both from Surrey.[:-*]

Yuk.

OTBC