Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Are you sure this is a 'pro' City message board?.

I ask because at first glance it appears to have ''morphed'' into a binners site!. Its a long time since I''ve seen so much hate and bile slung at the club on here. I don''t want a ''Yes Sir'' type site, but this is starting to get beyond the pale now.

I go on many City messageboards, and they''re mostly very upbeat about City so why is this site so different?  Hmm?

I''ve often thought there''s a few hidden agenda''s going on here, and if that makes me paranoid, so be it, but I''m not the one calling for demo''s to damage our club and morale am I? We''ve all had a go at the club before in some way, but some it seems do nothing else.

Curious that!.[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I go on many City messageboards, and they''re mostly very upbeat about City so why is this site so different?  Hmm?

[/quote]

Good point Wiz, I''ve often thought that  myself....

True... I mean, the amount of rubbish posted after getting a massive profit on a mediocre player was unbelievable... I went on WotB and everyone seemed to be happy! Quite a contrast...

You gotta remember tho - people who are content tend to shut up and enjoy it. People who aren''t speak up (yourself included! [:)]) Hence you get disproportional representation of views.

I ask because at first glance it appears to have ''morphed'' into a binners site!. Its a long time since I''ve seen so much hate and bile slung at the club on here. I don''t want a ''Yes Sir'' type site, but this is starting to get beyond the pale now.

I''ve often thought there''s a few hidden agenda''s going on here, and if that makes me paranoid, so be it, but I''m not the one calling for demo''s to damage our club and morale am I? We''ve all had a go at the club before in some way, but some it seems do nothing else.

[/quote]

You started it off my friend.

People have the right to post there opinions of the club be it positive of negative, if you don''t like what is said on this message board maybe you should leave it

II''ve often thought there''s a few hidden agenda''s going on here, and if that makes me paranoid, so be it, but I''m not the one calling for demo''s to damage our club and morale am I? We''ve all had a go at the club before in some way, but some it seems do nothing else.

[/quote]

No hidden agenda Wiz.

People are just sick of seeing their hopes in ruins before the season starts.

Its not the fans who are damaging the clubs morale its ridiculous statements from the club which turn out to be just so much rubbish.

We are unable to retain our top players. We appear to lack the necessary financial clout to mount a serious challenge. The management team give the impression that they are not in control.

All of the above build up to the frustration that you are now seeing demonstrated on this forum.

to be honest it changes like the wind, one day it''s all cheery (well apart from 1 or 2 cases) and the nest it''s like the brown stuff has hit the fan - Are we supported by schizophrenics?

Is it meant to be "pro" Norwich?, I had this idea it was a place for people to post their opinions. If we all take a step back, breath deeply and contemplate a little we will all reaslise that there are far bigger and important things in our lives to worry about rather than worrying about what people post on here. This message board is a place to post your opinions, vent your spleen, blow off little steam or whatever "floats your boat", nobody gets hurt, nobody dies, egos may get dented but so what......

[/quote]You are amazing considering your past  record.I don''t agree with smudger but atrleast he''s consistant

[/quote]

So then, how many of your 4000+ posts have been negative then or are you suffering from amnesia as well as schizophrenia (cue song :-there''s only 2 1st Wizards, there''s only 2 1st Wizards etc etc)?

You''re entitled to change your opinion but to then claim the moral high ground is dubious to say the least.

[quote user="lobster catcher"]You are amazing considering your past  record.I don''t agree with smudger but atrleast he''s consistant[/quote]

So, I have to stay a pain in the a**e just to please you do I lobster?. Well, I''m sorry but I won''t comply. For personal reasons my views are now different from the wiz of old, get over it and move on.

Even ex prisoners are allowed a clean slate, surely I qualify too.

"We are unable to retain our top players."

Thats whats happens being a championship club.

"We appear to lack the necessary financial clout to mount a serious challenge."

When someone buys out Delias shares and throws bags of money in our direction this will change, but no-one with real money is willing to at the moment. Can''t be helped.

"The management team give the impression that they are not in control."

They''re not in total control really. Hate em or love em the board has the final say on just about everything PG does.

Dear old wiz,when i first started reading and then posting on this message board......YOU were one member i really did look upto. You always put your point across effectively and were quite happy to listen to other people''s opinions without getting into long drawn out heated arguments.

But what has happened to you? You now dither and dather from one goal to the other when it suits you. Anti delia,anti board,anti players,then the oposite. Please get a grip man and decide where you want to be!

Bring back the old wiz!!!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate, he really died when Worthy left, the old wiz was a counter to my damn frustrations with the manager and his team back then.

Peter Grant and Co have given me real hope. If I thought posters would drop the ''wiz'' tag and accept it I''d change my name to: East Coast Canary.

I''ve always liked that name and it sums me up quite nicely.[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Sorry mate, he really died when Worthy left, the old wiz was a counter to my damn frustrations with the manager and his team back then.

Peter Grant and Co have given me real hope. If I thought posters would drop the ''wiz'' tag and accept it I''d change my name to: East Coast Canary.

[/quote]

mmm a change of name may be good for you WIZ...

Then you may just fade away in to the background with the rest of the Wooly Flock.

Afterall you hypocritical stance does seem to of rather destroyed this WIZ character of yours once and for all doesn''t it???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then you may just fade away in to the background with the rest of the Wooly Flock.

Afterall you hypocritical stance does seem to of rather destroyed this WIZ character of yours once and for all doesn''t it???

[/quote]

The only thing is Smudger me old mucker...

If, for arguments sake, we have a fine season...Will you still carry on the criticism of NCFC or will you keep the stance of NCFC arch enemy just so you don''t lose face? It''d be difficult, no? 

I''m almost wishing for the season to be a blinder just to see how you''d deal with it Wink [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Aren''t magical transformations precisely within the characteristcs of a Wizard?  for example: "A wizard walks down the street and turns into a pub"1st Wizard, please keep your name - it is nicely unique, whereas xyz canary is quite usual on a city notice board.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If, for arguments sake, we have a fine season...Will you still carry on the criticism of NCFC or will you keep the stance of NCFC arch enemy just so you don''t lose face? It''d be difficult, no? 

I''m almost wishing for the season to be a blinder just to see how you''d deal with it Wink [;)]

[/quote]

Is that the only reason you would like us to do well then ALEX???

I will be happy if we finish in the top 6.... anything else is abject failure for a 3rd successive season in my opinion!!!

Who knows if Granty & Co can have us in the top 6 after Christmas I may even take in a few games in support of them on the run in?

I can''t for the life of me see it happening though ALEX... one day I am sure that you will all get a shock though... this abject failure can''t go on for ever.

Failure again this season will be the final nail in the coffin of this board of directors!!!

It ain''t a pro-city board, nor is it a nest of fervent anti-city rhetoric.

Funnily enough, I like your changeable stances Wiz, as you are quite prepared to accept when you are wrong, or when things have changed...

... in fact, I consider you to be fairly good one man straw poll, and as your onboard the PG Express at this moment, you give me an unshakeable faith in the current direction of the team we all support.

As for the current dilemma''s facing the ever shrinking squad, who cares if we lose a few players, as long as we get in able bodied reinforcements, whilst coincidentally making a tidy profit.  Of course, everyone knows we need a new CB and a little CM reinforcement.  However, we may finally get the chance to see some of the academy blooded, even if it is because of necessity.

I certainly & unshakeably believe Norwich have a better squad, and are more ably prepared than last season.

Worthy out indeed.  Now for a nice cup of PG...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is that the only reason you would like us to do well then ALEX???

I will be happy if we finish in the top 6.... anything else is abject failure for a 3rd successive season in my opinion!!!

Who knows if Granty & Co can have us in the top 6 after Christmas I may even take in a few games in support of them on the run in?

I can''t for the life of me see it happening though ALEX... one day I am sure that you will all get a shock though... this abject failure can''t go on for ever.

Failure again this season will be the final nail in the coffin of this board of directors!!!

[/quote]

Of course not, the reason to do well is because of the good of the club and it''s supporters.

However, I''d just be interested to see what''d happen that''s all Smudge...and to be fair to Wiz it is of human nature to change opinions and within football (which is topsy turvy at best) you can be frustrated one day and thrilled the next. You see...We''ll do alright this year Wink [;)] Beer [B]

its so negative - bcoz we have people like smudger on here who critisise every signing we make, saying its a crap signing. But every signing we dont manage to get would have been gr8. and things like that - say a positive note for once, id like to see u do a better job

[quote user="Smudger"]Laughable!!!![/quote]

Its because of this type of crap comment from Smudger why people are so negative towards other members.

I see that a lot of members (posters) are now ignoring Smudger. I find that hard to do.

If we win the play-off or auto promotion will you still complain Smudger?

As for a pro forum, then the opinions will be low until we have another great season. Many people still think we can just win promotion just because of our 2003-4 winning season. Thats long gone.

But it can happen again!!!!!!

Come-on!!!!!!!

Up the city !!!!!

Positive thoughts and comments only please!!!

Cheers All

[quote user="barlodona"]smudger maywell be a scum fan?? who knows lol[/quote]

Guess Smudger must support some team somewhere, but its ceratinly not ours.

As for ignoring him which someone suggested, its difficult when he''s on here virtually all day and night posting for England!!

Smudger wrote......

''''I will be happy if we finish in the top 6.... anything else is abject failure for a 3rd successive season in my opinion!!!

Who knows if Granty & Co can have us in the top 6 after Christmas I may even take in a few games in support of them on the run in?''''

I think this says it all smudge !!

Surely you''re not one of those who only supports the boys when they''re winning !!

And even more telling, what''s happened to your principles because supporting city when they''re on a roll is also supporting the board you despise.

Can you inform us when you are getting your ticket cos to see you in a queue with the rest of us ''sheep'' will be a sight to behold. 

Better start practicing smudger

BAAAAAAAAA !!

LOL.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Smudger wrote......

''''I will be happy if we finish in the top 6.... anything else is abject failure for a 3rd successive season in my opinion!!!

Who knows if Granty & Co can have us in the top 6 after Christmas I may even take in a few games in support of them on the run in?''''

I think this says it all smudge !!

Surely you''re not one of those who only supports the boys when they''re winning !!

And even more telling, what''s happened to your principles because supporting city when they''re on a roll is also supporting the board you despise.

Can you inform us when you are getting your ticket cos to see you in a queue with the rest of us ''sheep'' will be a sight to behold. 

Better start practicing smudger

BAAAAAAAAA !!

LOL.

[/quote]

Practsing for what?

I am sure I will not be standing in any queue this coming season LAPPIN...

Well maybe the one to get at those in the boardroom as yet another season goes tits up!!!