Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

We Dont Deserve Promotion

Thats right, our football club does not deserve promotion. Our unwillingness to invest money in the transfer market over a long period of time (and that investment can be considered zero when you can consider the PROFIT that this club makes in its transfer dealings every year). We have a board that has no desire whatsoever, for one reason or another, to give the club a realistic chance of a return to the premiership. You could say that the fans deserve promotion... do we?.... i''ve started to think perhaps that we dont, while we continue to spend a ridiculous amount of money on ''supporting'' the club the board can see no reason to change things. It is only when we show our discontent that people will take notice and change can begin to happen, this can only happen by a reduction in revenue... the point that season ticket and shirt sales fall.

To anybody that disagrees with me on this point, I will make one suggestion..... use your initiative to find the Stoke City squad list for the forthcoming season on google. Can you really see us finishing above these next year? As much as I would love to paint myself with the dillusional paint of yellow and green, in all honesty I cant. Please remember that stoke are a club that have not had the benefit of big money players leaving the club or playing for the club, such as Green, Ashton and Earnshaw.

How is it that Stoke have had the resources to assemble a squad this good? And now we are selling Safri? something that the manager and the board denies, yet West Brom dont??

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Thats right, our football club does not deserve promotion. Our unwillingness to invest money in the transfer market over a long period of time (and that investment can be considered zero when you can consider the PROFIT that this club makes in its transfer dealings every year). We have a board that has no desire whatsoever, for one reason or another, to give the club a realistic chance of a return to the premiership. You could say that the fans deserve promotion... do we?.... i''ve started to think perhaps that we dont, while we continue to spend a ridiculous amount of money on ''supporting'' the club the board can see no reason to change things. It is only when we show our discontent that people will take notice and change can begin to happen, this can only happen by a reduction in revenue... the point that season ticket and shirt sales fall.

To anybody that disagrees with me on this point, I will make one suggestion..... use your initiative to find the Stoke City squad list for the forthcoming season on google. Can you really see us finishing above these next year? As much as I would love to paint myself with the dillusional paint of yellow and green, in all honesty I cant. Please remember that stoke are a club that have not had the benefit of big money players leaving the club or playing for the club, such as Green, Ashton and Earnshaw.

How is it that Stoke have had the resources to assemble a squad this good? And now we are selling Safri? something that the manager and the board denies, yet West Brom dont??

[/quote]

Don''t you dare question those currently in power at Buttress Carra Rud! You''ll be taken to a place of public humiliation.......(the next organised AGM) and made to give ''Three Hail Delia''s'' before being lashed by each board member (and their ''arrive early'' disciples) who religiously sit in the first three rows, with a copy of the recent club accounts......"How very dare YOU! [:@]

first take a look at leeds spent loads of money know where are they.

its not how much you spend its how the team and manager works together on and off the pitch to make a team win promotion.

grant know bringing in new players and i think we will be in the top six.

also take a look at the managers they have had since 1991.  ----  16

and last lets see who finish higher.

come on city

[quote user="ryan85k"]To anybody that disagrees with me on this point, I will make one suggestion..... use your initiative to find the Stoke City squad list for the forthcoming season on google. Can you really see us finishing above these next year? As much as I would love to paint myself with the dillusional paint of yellow and green, in all honesty I cant. Please remember that stoke are a club that have not had the benefit of big money players leaving the club or playing for the club, such as Green, Ashton and Earnshaw.

How is it that Stoke have had the resources to assemble a squad this good? And now we are selling Safri? something that the manager and the board denies, yet West Brom dont??[/quote]

Can I really see us finishing above Stoke - Absolutely.

There''s probably only 2-3 players in their whole squad I would consider having here - Diao, Pericard and Russell, and out of those, Diao has returned to Liverpool and is looking to move to another Prem club (Derby interested), Pericard has still to prove his can reclaim his promise of Juventus/Pompey days, and we all know Darel pretty well.

Don''t get me wrong, Stoke HAVE done well with some of their signings, and getting the likes of Hendrie and Diao on loan last season was a great move, but the squad in general in unconvincing. They haven''t got a single striker with the goalscoring ability of Cureton, nor a player like Hucks.Last season was an odd season, Leeds went from Playoff finalists to being relegated, we went from finishing 9th (Stoke were 13th) to 16th, and we''ve significantly improved the quality of our squad.Colchester finished above us, yet I doubt anyone would claim they have a better squad than we do, they simply had a good season and played as solid team, whereas we had no consistency.Interesting to see that you feel you can best ''support'' the club by withdrawing revenue and not buying season tickets or shirts, next you''ll be boycotting all games at Carrow Road and setting up ''Board out'' websites.Anyway, you enjoy your Stoke matches down at the Britannia whilst we watch the new look Canaries take teams apart...

The only teams who deserve promotion are the teams who have performed better than anyone else over a season. pure and simple.

You cant really say that a team does or doesn''t deserve promotion can you?

Surely this is decided at the end of playing season weather or not they have done enough to deserve promotion, by having worked hard, playing the best football in the league and getting the results and performances that the club needed to finish above everyone else.

If norwich gain promotion this season by playing good football and getting the results we need do we not deserve it?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry about promotion if I were you Ryan because it''s not going to happen anyway.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="ryan85k"]To anybody that disagrees with me on this point, I will make one suggestion..... use your initiative to find the Stoke City squad list for the forthcoming season on google. Can you really see us finishing above these next year? As much as I would love to paint myself with the dillusional paint of yellow and green, in all honesty I cant. Please remember that stoke are a club that have not had the benefit of big money players leaving the club or playing for the club, such as Green, Ashton and Earnshaw.

How is it that Stoke have had the resources to assemble a squad this good? And now we are selling Safri? something that the manager and the board denies, yet West Brom dont??[/quote]

Can I really see us finishing above Stoke - Absolutely.

There''s probably only 2-3 players in their whole squad I would consider having here - Diao, Pericard and Russell, and out of those, Diao has returned to Liverpool and is looking to move to another Prem club (Derby interested), Pericard has still to prove his can reclaim his promise of Juventus/Pompey days, and we all know Darel pretty well.

Don''t get me wrong, Stoke HAVE done well with some of their signings, and getting the likes of Hendrie and Diao on loan last season was a great move, but the squad in general in unconvincing. They haven''t got a single striker with the goalscoring ability of Cureton, nor a player like Hucks.

Last season was an odd season, Leeds went from Playoff finalists to being relegated, we went from finishing 9th (Stoke were 13th) to 16th, and we''ve significantly improved the quality of our squad.

Colchester finished above us, yet I doubt anyone would claim they have a better squad than we do, they simply had a good season and played as solid team, whereas we had no consistency.

Interesting to see that you feel you can best ''support'' the club by withdrawing revenue and not buying season tickets or shirts, next you''ll be boycotting all games at Carrow Road and setting up ''Board out'' websites.

Anyway, you enjoy your Stoke matches down at the Britannia whilst we watch the new look Canaries take teams apart...
[/quote]

So you wouldnt have Dominic Matteo or Higginbotham over Doherty?  Liam Lawrence over Lee Croft?  And thats without mentioning Clint Hill, Andy Griffin and Russell Hoult who admittedly we probably dont need now..... I think the fact that you believe we need another centre mid over a centre back just about sums up your cluelessness. And yes Colchester probably did have a better squad than us last year, they had three good goalscorers that they have lost in pre season rather than the reliance on one, not to mention an england under 21 international in Greg Halford... its a shame they have had to sell them off

And just to put the record straight im not a stoke fan, and they were just one of many examples, and since when have Stoke spent big? they havent spent big.... they have just been more ambitous than us in this transfer window. As a matter of fact I have owned 13 season tickets and am a former employee of Norwich City Football Club and I have already boycotted a season as a very young kid, that boycott succeeded in ousting Robert Chase. Also, just to ridicule you that little bit more.... Salif Diao has gone on record saying that he would choose Stoke City over premiership clubs because of the strength of there squad.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

its not how much you spend its how the team and manager works together on and off the pitch to make a team win promotion.

come on city

[/quote]

look where Leeds are.................yawn

So by our mass boycott of games and merchandise, the board will have to wake up, show some ambition (signing only six players this Summer, disgraceful!) and spend some money, money that will have dropped away as there is far less revenue coming in as no-one is going to games, buying merchandise etc etc?

Which leads to the Board thinking that there is little point investing in a club with so little revenue income and fan support.

You, like the rest of the dissenters on the baord want change, but, again, show no idea or offer any suggestions as to how we can replace the current board, how we would find the money to repay them for all of their money/buy back their shares (yes, you''re throwing the Turners out, thats at least £2 Million for them please; in addition, the money is going to have to be found for Delia and Michaels shares, where or who is that coming from?) and repay everyone who is being thrown out, and, in no time, the club has been virtually bankrupted as we find the money to pay everyone off so we can start all over again. Brilliant!

With such an attitude, I am glad that you are a former employee of the club, with "friends" like you etc etc...

Incidentally, Stoke City are owned by part of the Bet365 Group, so I''m guessing their owners have substantially larger pockets than our owners!

[quote user="ryan85k"]So you wouldnt have Dominic Matteo or Higginbotham over Doherty?  Liam Lawrence over Lee Croft?  And thats without mentioning Clint Hill, Andy Griffin and Russell Hoult who admittedly we probably dont need now..... [/quote]Probably not, I''ve never rated Higginhotham and Matteo struggles for fitness on a regular basis and only managing 31 games in 3 years whilst at Blackburn was hardly setting the world alight.As for Lawrence, yes he''s a good player, but I also feel that Chadwick is also a good player, and Croft has the potential to be better than either of them.I wouldn''t have mentioned Hill, Griffin or Hoult either ...[quote]I think the fact that you believe we need another centre mid over a centre back just about sums up your cluelessness. [/quote]Firstly there''s no need to address anyone on the boards as clueless, but what''s even more baffling is how you managed to draw this conclusion???At no point in my reply to you did I mention that I saw the need for us to sign a midfielder over a defender, the main reason being that I DO feel we need another centre half, but that doesn''t mean I want one from Stoke...Perhaps if you''d seen any of my replies on other threads you''d have known that I''ve suggested looking at the likes of Michael Gravgaard as a new defender.[quote]And yes Colchester probably did have a better squad than us last year, they had three good goalscorers that they have lost in pre season rather than the reliance on one, not to mention an england under 21 international in Greg Halford... its a shame they have had to sell them off[/quote]The reliance on one...Etuhu scored the same as Garcia so that''s one down, Earnie was on a scoring par with Cureton and everyone seems to feel that Earnie is the superior player so that''s two, and that leaves Iwelumo who scored 5 more than Hucks despite Hucks spending the first half of the season on the left wing and not upfront, and I know who I''d rather have out of those two.The only other player of any note in their side is Johnnie Jackson. Quite how you feel that is a better squad is beyond me, we had easily the superior squad, the problem was that they did not perform to their ability for most of the season. Colchester also rated as being 80/1 shots this season compared to 28/1 for us, and I don''t think it''s fair to suggest that this gap is purely because they''ve lost Cureton and Iwelumo?

[quote]Also, just to ridicule you that little bit more.... Salif Diao has gone on record saying that he would choose Stoke City over premiership clubs because of the strength of there squad.[/quote]How is that ridiculing me? If anything you''d have to consider Diao''s sanity if he feels that Stoke have a superior squad to half the premiership! They couldn''t get out of this league but are better than the likes of Blackburn, Villa, Middlesboro, Newcastle etc, who all finished mid to bottom of the prem??? Absolute nonsense of the first degree.

Add in the fact that their incredibly strong squad has so far attracted the attention of precisely 1 club - Hull who have signed superstar Jon Parkin - how can they afford to lose this sort of quality??? Guess they should brace themselves for an offer from teams like Man Utd for their high calibre players such as Fuller and Buxton???

Maybe not...

I have been saying this for ages now ryan85k...

I have also been boycotting for more than a year and a half now...  I have refused point blankly to go and watch them play or spend any of my money on club merchandise.

There are a select few others who have chosen to do the same but not many.

This club under the current set up is an absolute joke...  Most other clubs of a similar size to ourselves and there would be Burning Effigy''s of Auntie Delia at every home match by now!!!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

So by our mass boycott of games and merchandise, the board will have to wake up, show some ambition (signing only six players this Summer, disgraceful!) and spend some money, money that will have dropped away as there is far less revenue coming in as no-one is going to games, buying merchandise etc etc?

Which leads to the Board thinking that there is little point investing in a club with so little revenue income and fan support.

You, like the rest of the dissenters on the baord want change, but, again, show no idea or offer any suggestions as to how we can replace the current board, how we would find the money to repay them for all of their money/buy back their shares (yes, you''re throwing the Turners out, thats at least £2 Million for them please; in addition, the money is going to have to be found for Delia and Michaels shares, where or who is that coming from?) and repay everyone who is being thrown out, and, in no time, the club has been virtually bankrupted as we find the money to pay everyone off so we can start all over again. Brilliant!

With such an attitude, I am glad that you are a former employee of the club, with "friends" like you etc etc...

Incidentally, Stoke City are owned by part of the Bet365 Group, so I''m guessing their owners have substantially larger pockets than our owners!

[/quote]

I didnt mention replacing the board, but yes if that is what it takes then do it. I must also remind you that as a PLC, it only takes an individual to buy a majority shareholding for changes in board decisions... in other words smith and wynn jones selling up.... possibly to the Turners. At this time, Smith and Wynn Jones have the final say in every decision that this club makes.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

It is only when we show our discontent that people will take notice and change can begin to happen, this can only happen by a reduction in revenue... the point that season ticket and shirt sales fall.

[/quote]I get it. Take the club to its knees financially. Bring in the administrators. Get a 10 points deduction. Then we will get promotion. Brilliant concept![:^)]

I''ve read your original post Ryan.. [8-|]

Having given the matter considerable thought... [^o)]

after finding enough initiative to look at Stoke City''s squad... [co]

I am seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next season [I] [:''(] [:@]

July 15th! Just one day after I got it!! Am I the first????????? [:^)]

Precisely Potato head these protesters make you laugh with there

loony  outlook on the club they just are not worth replying too they

are that daft , and anyway i have my own ideas on who these posters are

thats why i don''t take them seriously.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="king of latvia"]

come on city

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why yawn? does it bother you that the leeds arguement completly destroys the view points of those who say spend big? would it be better if we all pretended that football clubs didn''t  sometimes go out of business?

[quote user="ryan85k"]

To anybody that disagrees with me on this point, I will make one suggestion..... use your initiative to find the Stoke City squad list for the forthcoming season on google. Can you really see us finishing above these next year? [/quote]

We wont finish above them!!! Stoke up as Chamions and City in 2nd!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

I have also been boycotting for more than a year and a half now...  I have refused point blankly to go and watch them play or spend any of my money on club merchandise.

This club under the current set up is an absolute joke...  Most other clubs of a similar size to ourselves and there would be Burning Effigy''s of Auntie Delia at every home match by now!!!

[/quote]

what piffle, I disagree with the effigy comment, I think if other clubs had fans like you then maybe this is true, but most football fans are realistic.

I am not convinced that you are a NCFC fan anyway.

[quote user="barclayendboy"]
Precisely Potato head these protesters make you laugh with there loony  outlook on the club they just are not worth replying too they are that daft , and anyway i have my own ideas on who these posters are thats why i don''t take them seriously.[/quote]

mmm yeah you wanna watch that barclayendboy, the men in the little white coats will be coming to call for you soon if there is much more of that kind of behaviour!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="king of latvia"]

come on city

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why yawn? does it bother you that the leeds arguement completly destroys the view points of those who say spend big? would it be better if we all pretended that football clubs didn''t  sometimes go out of business?

[/quote]

So Leeds have gone out of business have they?

They were still there last time I looked!!  [:#]

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

what piffle, I disagree with the effigy comment, I think if other clubs had fans like you then maybe this is true, but most football fans are realistic.

[/quote]

Similar things have already happened at clubs like West Ham and Leicester amongst others for a lot less than what has occured at Carrow Road this last couple of years.

I know you realisticly expect us to be no better than bobbing around in mid-table in the Chumpionship... but many fans who actually have the smallest semblence of ambition want and can see that this club deserves so much better!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="king of latvia"]

come on city

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Absolutely ridiculous argument and i think you know it. There is a massive,massive difference between blowing £100million assuming success on the pitch will pay for it, and recieving £35million tv revenue over three seasons and still making a massive profit by selling your key players and only re-investing around half the fees in the team. And the performance of the team has declined dramatically. Well suprise, suprise.

If City were as well known a club as Leeds there would be a pithy phrase going round in football circles-"doing a Norwich", which involves a club being run in such a way that during the most financially lucrative spell in its history, the money is frittered away on infrastructure work whilst the team is allowed to get so weak that it could well take years to recover.

Stoke certainly had a FAR better squad than us last season finishing a massive 16 points and 36 goal difference better off than us. 

As for our defense - I would happily swap our back line for their''s in its entirety - and Doherty for either of their Centre backs.  They conceded 30 less goals than us!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Similar things have already happened at clubs like West Ham and Leicester amongst others for a lot less than what has occured at Carrow Road this last couple of years.

I know you realisticly expect us to be no better than bobbing around in mid-table in the Chumpionship... but many fans who actually have the smallest semblence of ambition want and can see that this club deserves so much better!!!  [:D]

[/quote]

so what are u going to do to acheive that thrush?

jas :)

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If City were as well known a club as Leeds there would be a pithy phrase going round in football circles-"doing a Norwich", which involves a club being run in such a way that during the most financially lucrative spell in its history, the money is frittered away on infrastructure work whilst the team is allowed to get so weak that it could well take years to recover.[/quote]Quite possibly a fantastic point Mr Carrow but who was responsible for that above example? I think you will find it wasn''t Delia and co. It was infact Mr Chase. If we''re talking in reletive terms of course. The most lucrative spell in our History and the biggest chance to make the big time was back in the early 90''s. Of course the Chase fans would ignore this completely and apply the argument only to our 1 year spell in the Prem. THAT is why you board bashers cannot be taken seriously because of your blinkered, ignorant and double standard opinions that defy all common sense.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so what are u going to do to acheive that thrush?

jas :)

[/quote]

I''m loving your nickname for Smudger,.just hope everbody else is appreciating it!