Sign in to follow this  
ca

Smudger and his Protest

[quote user="Smudger"]

Lst time WIZ done one of his U-turns I defended him against Cluck....

Never again he is just a joke!!!

[/quote]

At least he doesnt call Norwich fans all the nasty names under the sun!!!!!!!

The only joke here is Smudge ! Grant is class and so are Delia and co . Norwich will be pushing for an automatic spot next season and i cant see why not . " Norwich United " your having a laugh .....

[quote user="Danny G"]The only joke here is Smudge ! Grant is class and so are Delia and co . Norwich will be pushing for an automatic spot next season and i cant see why not . " Norwich United " your having a laugh .....[/quote]

Not as big a laugh as we are having at you...  Automatic Promotion?   Gafawuwhuuuuuuuuuu!!!!  [:P]

What a joke! I''ll see you there boys for that opening game yeah? All three of you. The biggest laughing stock ever I can''t wait pmsl!

Gareth wrote:

Also any tips on this forum would be handy

You won''t want any advise from me Gareth, you''ve made that plain enough, but I''ll give you some anyway, don''t look at the world or indeed any message board in black and white only. There are many shade''s of grey!.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ever since the whole Worthy out thing last year we seem to be unable to shrug off the atmosphere of protest from this club. I was not a part of that protest and in fact I have never been a part of any protest I have seen at this club from the disgraceful Zigger Zagger chanting towards Geoffrey Watling in the 60''s to Smudgers present day rantings. This doesn''t mean I am criticising those that have protested although I don''t believe that being a part of any protest towards our great club should be used as some sort of "badge of honour". The protests are always part of the dark days of our great clubs history, the "badges of honour" should be from the great days, whether it''s charging across the pitch at Watford in 1972 or Smudger dancing across the Tyne Bridge at 2:30am in the morning a few hours after the league title was clinched in Sunderland in 2004.

Smudger - you remind me of Citizen Smith from that old TV show. You could be Citizen Smudge... leader of the Carrow Popular Front... a one man band.... a rebel without a pause.... Power To The People!!!!!!!!![:''(]

[/quote]

hehehe I didn''t dance across the Tyne Bridge Nutty...  I was on the Newcastle Quayside with approximatley 50 City fans standing outside a club chatting up a few young ladies...

then all of a sudden we looked up to see approximately 100 or so City fans doing a jig across the Tyne Bridge from the Gateshead side...

and all of a sudden there appeared to be about 200 or more of us creating a bit of a noise in Newcastle City Centre hence being moved along by the fuzz.

About 20 or 30 of us were then invited back to some girls house for a party...  They had a 24 hour dial a booze service in Newcastle.

I will not divulge any further info... safe to say that I only saw my hotel room for a couple of hours prior to checking out and being so wasted that we ended up jumping on the wrong train home... having a short stop off in Barrow-in-Furness on the way!!!

oh the memories!!!  [:D]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

No.

There is no way a protest is going to get off the ground. For that to happen you need a groundswell of disgruntled people joining together behind a common cause. There is no groundswell (not even a trickle), there is no common cause and there is no leadership that anyone in their right mind would want to be associated with. Good god Smudger, ever Cluck isn''t prepared to join in.

[/quote]

More likely to be September I would say...  but there is certainly at least a trickle of support for one!!!

Not saying it will definetly happen but it may do.

As for Cluck not wanting to get involved that is because he is at the stage where I was about 12 months or so ago (in that he has only just stopped attending Carrow Road).

He is very much values mine and other possible protesters view points... he just does not want to see me waste any of my valuable time as he feels that the suport for a protes is not there and that there are not enough passionate people involved with the club any more to make a difference in that way.

Maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong... who knows?

But I understand where Cluck is at better than any of you... and really appreciate his point of view and can reason with it.  As I have expressed to Cluck though... will he still feel the same if after not seing his club play for a year and a half Delia & Co are still in charge and still failing the club?

Maybe he will, maybe he won''t???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

No.

There is no way a protest is going to get off the ground. For that to happen you need a groundswell of disgruntled people joining together behind a common cause. There is no groundswell (not even a trickle), there is no common cause and there is no leadership that anyone in their right mind would want to be associated with. Good god Smudger, ever Cluck isn''t prepared to join in.

[/quote]

More likely to be September I would say...  but there is certainly at least a trickle of support for one!!!

As for Cluck not wanting to get involved that is because he is at the stage where I was about 12 months or so ago (in that he has only just stopped attending Carrow Road).

He is very much values mine and other possible protesters view points... he just does not want to see me waste any of my valuable time as he feels that the suport for a protes is not there and that there are not enough passionate people involved with the club any more to make a difference in that way.

But I understand where Cluck is at better than any of you... and really appreciate his point of view and can reason with it.  As I have expressed to Cluck though... will he still feel the same if after not seing his club play for a year and a half Delia & Co are still in charge and still failing the club?

[/quote]

Yo Smudger....Let it be known that I firmly SUPPORT a protest against this club administration...so pweeeeeeeease do not shut me in the pen with the woolies!

Unfortunately I have a busy "real life" which means worrying about NCFC can now only take up 2% of my life instead of the usual 2.5%.  Houses to prepare...boxes to pack....unavoidable events to attend and holidays to take.

I am supporting the call for change through protest....and come Xmas time there will be more than a few others joining in. Odd looking at the "who are you" thread at some of the regular "anti-protest" lobby.  They don''t live in Norfolk...weren''t brought up in Norfolk...and probably hardly ever come to Norfolk...so do they really matter? Just puffs in the atmosphere..........

Nobody matters except you my boy. You must be the only person on the board who is important enough to have a real life,congratulations!

If you only spend 2.5% of your time worrying about NCFC then you are not much of a fan.For most of us it`s a lot more important than that.

I would say you are only a part timer and if you will not be going to games,that virtually makes you irrelevant. You can hardly claim to be a fan with that sort of pedigree.      

Funny cluck, you claim to have a "real life" but yet manage to notch at least 8 posts a day...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nobbyg"][quote user="Cluck "]

Smudger...I''m surprised you even answered this sad little apologists exercise...and even more sad that you are prepared to stand up and fight for this lot. CA has sucked out the usual band of weaklings who would sit and watch Ipswich play if they wore yellow shirts...and they really are best left to fall flat on their faces. Internet nerds who live virtual lives from the comfort of a shoebox.

I suggest you do like me...let the sheep take the club down the river to the point where they all bail out...and you, me and the other true club supporters can then return to scrape up the mess. We have Yanks bleating from across the Atlantic (he really has his finger on the pulse doesn''t he?)...Pompous Londoners who can''t resist sticking their snouts into another person''s business (we''ve all seen our villages buggered up by them haven''t we?)...students who''ve got more spots than games under their belts....and of course the "new age" spectator who can afford the seats the real supporters can''t. They are not representative of the City....and not worthy of your effort.

The whole City fiasco a waste of time...and under Smith sadly the team itself doesn''t deserve a second thought. There are all sorts of hoorahs turning up at the ground these days...and in truth most of them would struggle to find their way to the ground if you dropped them in Tombland.  Little plastic figures sat in Delia''s cosy dolls house, moved in and out at her behest....and worst of all they pay for the privilege of doing so.

Hilarious....but some how embarrassing. They deserve each other mate.........

[/quote]

Cluck mate the things you say ring true with me everytime none more than the fact that football these days is a fashion and not a passion. I will always follow the BADGE of NCFC and for all these hoodwinked dedicated followers of fashion to constantly suggest otherwise makes me laugh.......i know mate i really do ,seen it following England. oh well.

That seems like a great idea.  You all stop posting on here slating everything that happens.  Spend all your Saturday afternoons in the Coach & Horses moaning and regressing into "Grumpy Old Men" in a self fulfilling prophecy. 

When we get relegated / go into administration / or go bust........we will all go away, and you can fill the Directors box and/or dug out.

105 years of history.  The club was here along time gefore you were and will be a long time after.

[/quote]

The club will be...but the majority of the luvvies who nowadays sit in the stands won''t. When the balloon bursts (and not just at NCFC)...vast swathes of these modern trendy spectators will disappear....and the clubs will be pleading for proper fans to return.

It''s the club only that I support..not mercenary players...individuals or investors. I''ll be back there when the gloss peels off the grandstands to pick up the pieces ....but I''ll wager more than a few currently on here won''t.

For some of us this club is in our blood by birthright...but for most on here it is merely a trendy "interest". We''ll see how many will be left when we are down struggling in League One...as no doubt more than a few will have changed their colours by then.....and may I be so bold as to suggest Manchester United?...............

[/quote][/quote]

Most of the fans? I think you need to look again. If you look at the FACTS that is.

Have a dig through the Pink ''un archives and you will come across articles mentioning the average age of supporters and how it is rising. I seem to remember that the majority of supporters are middle aged.

This suggests that they are people who have been around long enough to be seasoned supporters and not your johny happy fair weather supporters.

To add to that if they were truly fair weather supporters wouldn''t they have stopped buying tickets by now?

Even back in the late 90''s we had high attendences through the tough times and I happen to know that a lot of supporters from then are those that go to matches now. They are not sheep, they are not the idiots you claim. They just believe that unless you are there to see the progress for themselves (or lack of it if that is your argument) how can you make a judgment on it?

I have been one of those people, I havent had a season ticket for a while now due to uni and now other commitments such as attempting to get on the property ladder and start a family, but I go to matches when I can.

I find it incredible that you suggest that many of these supporters are fair weather when you associate yourself with one - Smudger, who won''t go because he only wants to see Norwich City winning.

So let me get this right....

If we got the whole Brazil squad in on free transfers plus Gerrad and Rooney while we''re in lala land, you''d protest right?

Yet if we spend £5.1million on fat Bob who sits in the corner of my local you wouldn''t protest....?

Surely you can''t decide to protest purely on the amount of money we spend.... It just doesn''t make sense, I''d understand it if you said ''If he doesn''t sign eight players by the start of the season, but not ''if they don''t spend 5million''

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]Funny cluck, you claim to have a "real life" but yet manage to notch at least 8 posts a day...
[/quote]

Mmmmmmm....maybe my mind works quicker than most...and also I''m not trying to impress my little chummies with protracted garbage all the time. It helps....

Sooooooooo.....this post...30 seconds multiplied by 8 equals 4 minutes.  Jeez...how do I fit it all in?

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]Funny cluck, you claim to have a "real life" but yet manage to notch at least 8 posts a day...
[/quote]

Get in there!.

Nice one UEA.[:D]

Cluck has stopped attending carrow road like you did 12 mnths ago.Its quite amazing that 2 of the biggest posters on this site don''t attend games.Prehaps the reason they post so often is the reason they have no time to attend games.It would be nice if norwich turn the corner this season,imo the squad is better than is has been since the premiership season so i am full of hope.Lets all get beind the team regardless of what we think of the board,and if we get promotion lets hope all the negitive posters can,t get a ticket for the premiership

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]Funny cluck, you claim to have a "real life" but yet manage to notch at least 8 posts a day...[/quote]

Mmmmmmm....maybe my mind works quicker than most...and also I''m not trying to impress my little chummies with protracted garbage all the time. It helps....

Sooooooooo.....this post...30 seconds multiplied by 8 equals 4 minutes.  Jeez...how do I fit it all in?

[/quote]+ reading every backlog + the time taken for mods to read and update = a guy on here pretty much all day. nice one pal! The time it takes on this forum I couldnt make 8 posts a day if I tried!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

No.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yo Smudger....Let it be known that I firmly SUPPORT a protest against this club administration...so pweeeeeeeease do not shut me in the pen with the woolies!

Unfortunately I have a busy "real life" which means worrying about NCFC can now only take up 2% of my life instead of the usual 2.5%.  Houses to prepare...boxes to pack....unavoidable events to attend and holidays to take.

I am supporting the call for change through protest....and come Xmas time there will be more than a few others joining in. Odd looking at the "who are you" thread at some of the regular "anti-protest" lobby.  They don''t live in Norfolk...weren''t brought up in Norfolk...and probably hardly ever come to Norfolk...so do they really matter? Just puffs in the atmosphere..........

[/quote]

hehehe... I haven''t shut you in no wooly pen Cluck and neither would I other than in the event that the wooly flock need a good shearing in preparation for their slaughter.

I know that I can count on your support... I am a busy man too remember?

Maybe I am just playing them at their own little mind games?  It is always good to gauge what support is there and what support is not.

We all know in reality that we are just sat here waiting for the inevitable to happen don''t we? [:D]

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nobbyg"][quote user="Cluck "]

Smudger...I''m surprised you even answered this sad little apologists exercise...and even more sad that you are prepared to stand up and fight for this lot. CA has sucked out the usual band of weaklings who would sit and watch Ipswich play if they wore yellow shirts...and they really are best left to fall flat on their faces. Internet nerds who live virtual lives from the comfort of a shoebox.

I suggest you do like me...let the sheep take the club down the river to the point where they all bail out...and you, me and the other true club supporters can then return to scrape up the mess. We have Yanks bleating from across the Atlantic (he really has his finger on the pulse doesn''t he?)...Pompous Londoners who can''t resist sticking their snouts into another person''s business (we''ve all seen our villages buggered up by them haven''t we?)...students who''ve got more spots than games under their belts....and of course the "new age" spectator who can afford the seats the real supporters can''t. They are not representative of the City....and not worthy of your effort.

The whole City fiasco a waste of time...and under Smith sadly the team itself doesn''t deserve a second thought. There are all sorts of hoorahs turning up at the ground these days...and in truth most of them would struggle to find their way to the ground if you dropped them in Tombland.  Little plastic figures sat in Delia''s cosy dolls house, moved in and out at her behest....and worst of all they pay for the privilege of doing so.

Hilarious....but some how embarrassing. They deserve each other mate.........

[/quote]

Cluck mate the things you say ring true with me everytime none more than the fact that football these days is a fashion and not a passion. I will always follow the BADGE of NCFC and for all these hoodwinked dedicated followers of fashion to constantly suggest otherwise makes me laugh.......i know mate i really do ,seen it following England. oh well.

That seems like a great idea.  You all stop posting on here slating everything that happens.  Spend all your Saturday afternoons in the Coach & Horses moaning and regressing into "Grumpy Old Men" in a self fulfilling prophecy. 

When we get relegated / go into administration / or go bust........we will all go away, and you can fill the Directors box and/or dug out.

105 years of history.  The club was here along time gefore you were and will be a long time after.

[/quote]

The club will be...but the majority of the luvvies who nowadays sit in the stands won''t. When the balloon bursts (and not just at NCFC)...vast swathes of these modern trendy spectators will disappear....and the clubs will be pleading for proper fans to return.

It''s the club only that I support..not mercenary players...individuals or investors. I''ll be back there when the gloss peels off the grandstands to pick up the pieces ....but I''ll wager more than a few currently on here won''t.

For some of us this club is in our blood by birthright...but for most on here it is merely a trendy "interest". We''ll see how many will be left when we are down struggling in League One...as no doubt more than a few will have changed their colours by then.....and may I be so bold as to suggest Manchester United?...............

[/quote][/quote]

Most of the fans? I think you need to look again. If you look at the FACTS that is.

Have a dig through the Pink ''un archives and you will come across articles mentioning the average age of supporters and how it is rising. I seem to remember that the majority of supporters are middle aged.

This suggests that they are people who have been around long enough to be seasoned supporters and not your johny happy fair weather supporters.

To add to that if they were truly fair weather supporters wouldn''t they have stopped buying tickets by now?

Even back in the late 90''s we had high attendences through the tough times and I happen to know that a lot of supporters from then are those that go to matches now. They are not sheep, they are not the idiots you claim. They just believe that unless you are there to see the progress for themselves (or lack of it if that is your argument) how can you make a judgment on it?

I have been one of those people, I havent had a season ticket for a while now due to uni and now other commitments such as attempting to get on the property ladder and start a family, but I go to matches when I can.

I find it incredible that you suggest that many of these supporters are fair weather when you associate yourself with one - Smudger, who won''t go because he only wants to see Norwich City winning.

[/quote]

Clear fiction and lies again hey Chicken?

That is clearly not the case is it?

All I want to see is a club that is prepared to make effort to ensure that it is playing attractive football and winning matches...  As long as those in the boardroom were doing their utmost to ensure success then I would not care what league we were playing in.

Do not forget that I have supported the club through three previous relegations from the top flight without turning my back on them.

The big differnce is that in both 82'' and 85'' we made every attempt possible to bounce straight back.  While Delia & Co have been running the show though we have rarely looked any good and quite frankly the last two to three years have been absolutely awful!!!

[quote user="All in yellow"]

So let me get this right....

If we got the whole Brazil squad in on free transfers plus Gerrad and Rooney while we''re in lala land, you''d protest right?

Yet if we spend £5.1million on fat Bob who sits in the corner of my local you wouldn''t protest....?

Surely you can''t decide to protest purely on the amount of money we spend.... It just doesn''t make sense, I''d understand it if you said ''If he doesn''t sign eight players by the start of the season, but not ''if they don''t spend 5million''

[/quote]

You obviously have quite a fancy to being pick-pocketed then???

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So it seems Cluck, that if you are only contributing 2% of your time on NCFC currently and you calculate that your time on this board averages 4 minutes daily, that computes to 3 1/2 hours of total activity time. Are you sleeping the remaining 20 hours? It would help explain how you are so pre-occupied with sheep.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

No.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Smudger, I know you get totally obsessed with Cluck but my point was that the protest would not get off the ground because there is no credible leadership. The fact that you cannot even galvanise someone with his anti-board views to put aside a couple of hours to join in simply proves it.  

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="UEA Graduate Canary"]Funny cluck, you claim to have a "real life" but yet manage to notch at least 8 posts a day...[/quote]

[/quote]I very much doubt it takes you only 30 seconds to post and doing the post is only one part of the process.

[quote user="All in yellow"]Eh? Sorry Smudge but unless I''m being very stupid, which is entirely possible, that post makes absolutely no sense at all...[/quote]

You''re not being stupid mate.  I''ve actually got a headache from the stupidity of some of the posts regarding having a ''protest''.  Lets face it there is more chance of President Bush standing outside the White House admitting he was wrong about Iraq and resigning from his post for the good of world peace than there is this protest before the first game of the season getting off the ground!

I didn''t think I was being stupid really. I have no idea what he means. He obviously didn''t have an answer for my question so thought he''d try to be funny/clever. I''d say it worked on both counts, wouldn''t you? hehe...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It would be a real shame if this thread was to dislodge CHEESEBOARD from its'' number one position as longest thread.
[/quote]

If me and you start a fight and get really abusive that nice fella Pete will lock it up.. what do you think??? [:@] [:P]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]It would be a real shame if this thread was to dislodge CHEESEBOARD from its'' number one position as longest thread.
[/quote]

Here bloody hear! blah, its just degenerated into the usual back biting, childish point scoring which is starting to ruin these fine messageboards again.

Blast it!, me replying hasn''t helped much, but you''re right of course.

This is just getting plain nasty now!.

[quote]If me and you start a fight and get really abusive that nice fella Pete will lock it up.. what do you think???[/quote]You''re on nutty.  Right, here goes...You''re a wotta !  A dastardly wotta, an'' I hates yoooo !An'' that''s my twain set !  An'' yer not pwaying wif it !I''m off to my woom.* Slam *.Never was any good at this fightin'' malarkey.