Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

MY PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD-PART 2

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Where people get the idea from that i think my voice counts more than other Norwich fans is yet more putting words into peoples heads in a pathetic attempt to try to make us look foolish

[/quote]

Wow, you credit me with supernatural powers too. Nice one!
No, where I get the idea you think your opinions count more than others is in the manner of your posting. The way you don''t answer people who eloquently challenge and refute your skewed views. The way you think that "Your problems with the board" are worthy of not one, but two entire threads. The way you''d rather have a go at me than try to argue your corner against the numerous people who posted in the thread beforehand actually addressing your points. I can''t be arsed to frankly, because I think you''re a windup merchant or an ego-maniac as I mentioned.
[/quote]

If you can''t be arsed then why post HERBIE???

Pot calling kettle black yet again me thinks... how can you state what you state above and call another persons views skewed???

Think you need Cluck to come back and put you in your place again... so that you cry in to your soda-stream like the little girl that you are!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Ill be back in the afternoon, got a appointment at the hospital but hopefully the NHS wont take 6 hours like last time.

[/quote]

After six hours the search for a brain was abandoned.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Herb"]Heres a question for you.
Where did you get the self-importance that makes you think your voice counts more than any other Norwich fan? It comes across pretty strongly in your posts.
You don''t have the charisma to be a rabble rouser, so really you''re just peeing into the wind. I''m not knocking it, I appreciate the comedic value of you posts, but seriously, what do you expect to achieve?
[/quote]

I could ask you the very same question! Only problem is i dont find you at all funny. Im not a leader, im just voicing my opinions, im not a spokesman, i have no level of self importance unlike Herb,ive never said my opinion counts more than anyone elses, im not running a campaign im simply voicing my opinions and the meeting the other day was arranged by Wayne Gardner not me anyway i just drink in there. Where people get the idea from that i think my voice counts more than other Norwich fans is yet more putting words into peoples heads in a pathetic attempt to try to make us look foolish, you do that all on your own Herb.

Ill be back in the afternoon, got a appointment at the hospital but hopefully the NHS wont take 6 hours like last time.

[/quote]

ARE YOU SOME ONE FROM THE CLUB SUSSING OUT THE FANS VIEWS???  I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE.

[:@][quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="hogesar"]

Okay, here goes:

What makes YOU sure, that a takeover possibility by the Turners, or the same arrangement now, would be worse than having a foreign investor inject 30 million, then bugg** off in 5 years?

And Also..

D''you want a new board purely for financial reasons? Ambition? What are you looking for in a new board?

[/quote]

What proof is there that they would b~gger off in 5 years? Silly question, all ifs and buts.

Arthur i have a question. How long will it be before you protest and how will you go about it? e.g. website etc?

[/quote]

[:@]I don''t think he was asking you the question! I''m sure Arthur is capable of answering the questions.

The further 3 questions are more than valid and should be answered.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Learn to read. I said I couldn''t be arsed to address his points, which I didn''t, and stated the reasons why.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Think you need Cluck to come back and put you in your place again... so that you cry in to your soda-stream like the little girl that you are!!!

[/quote]Oh I''m so scared. Is he your dad or something? Do feel big when he''s here to hold your hand?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Where people get the idea from that i think my voice counts more than other Norwich fans is yet more putting words into peoples heads in a pathetic attempt to try to make us look foolish

[/quote]

No, where I get the idea you think your opinions count more than others is in the manner of your posting. The way you don''t answer people who eloquently challenge and refute your skewed views. The way you think that "Your problems with the board" are worthy of not one, but two entire threads. The way you''d rather have a go at me than try to argue your corner against the numerous people who posted in the thread beforehand actually addressing your points. I can''t be arsed to frankly, because I think you''re a windup merchant or an ego-maniac as I mentioned.
[/quote]

Gutted

[/quote]

You''ve just proved him right though. Rather than answer the many posters who have raised questions you''ve decided to get involved in a petty argument.

Or are you waiting for Wayne to answer the questions for you? He seems to be quite good at that.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very funny. I just hope you never have a stroke.

Dear Arthur:I have some further questions, continuing from above:10) I would like to know if you would accept some situations:a) A takeover by someone like the owner of Blackpool.b) A takeover by someone like the owner of Hearts.c) A takeover of the same kind as ManU/Liverpool where the club is leveraged in order to buy it.11) If we get a new board how long would you give them to turn the team around?  ie before you started to think they were like Delia.        Would they have to make an imeadiate impact?        Would they have one season to show some improvement? two?If you could answer these questions and the 9 I posted earlier in the thread, I would be very grateful.I believe that you are worth trying to debate with and I try to provide considered responces the points you make - for example the 3 page response on pg 5 of part 1 - I only ask that you will extend me the same courtesy.  In particular I would like answers to these fairly neutrally worded questions, that are in a thread which you dedicate to the answering of reasonable questions.The questions are aimed at trying to allow me to understand your hopes/expectations of a new board and to an extent how you would behave towards them.  They are not intended to trip you up or make you look stupid.Awating your answers (but not on tis forum again until monday)7rew.

Arthur.

would u want a new board to Sack Grant or give him a fair Crack at the reigns.. what would u think if a take over was put in motion with us top of the league and the new owners said Grant wouldnt be kept on?

jas :)

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

After my health scare im very upset by remarks like this and am going to have a few days away from this board from idiots like this. Maybe answer your sensible questionsn sunday, no offence to genuine posters.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Learn to read. I said I couldn''t be arsed to address his points, which I didn''t, and stated the reasons why.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh I''m so scared. Is he your dad or something? Do feel big when he''s here to hold your hand?
[/quote]

Not very nice when people start twisting your words is it HERB''s???

As for Cluck... not at all just loved the time when he had you in tears that''s all... it made my day!!!  [:D]

[quote user="7rew"]Dear Arthur:

I have some further questions, continuing from above:

10) I would like to know if you would accept some situations:
a) A takeover by someone like the owner of Blackpool.
b) A takeover by someone like the owner of Hearts.
c) A takeover of the same kind as ManU/Liverpool where the club is leveraged in order to buy it.

11) If we get a new board how long would you give them to turn the team around?  ie before you started to think they were like Delia.
        Would they have to make an imeadiate impact?
        Would they have one season to show some improvement? two?

If you could answer these questions and the 9 I posted earlier in the thread, I would be very grateful.

I believe that you are worth trying to debate with and I try to provide considered responces the points you make - for example the 3 page response on pg 5 of part 1 - I only ask that you will extend me the same courtesy.  In particular I would like answers to these fairly neutrally worded questions, that are in a thread which you dedicate to the answering of reasonable questions.

The questions are aimed at trying to allow me to understand your hopes/expectations of a new board and to an extent how you would behave towards them.  They are not intended to trip you up or make you look stupid.

Awating your answers (but not on tis forum again until monday)

7rew.

[/quote]

Yawn, yawn... you can''t half be very boring at times 7rew... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [S]

Have you ever thought that might just be why ARTHUR struggles to answer your long winded posts???

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I don''t think you posses the mental capacity to twist words in any

discernable way to be honest. You simply stated something incorrectly,

I was happy to correct you.[quote user="Smudger"]

As for Cluck... not at all just loved the time when he had you in tears that''s all... it made my day!!!  [:D]

[/quote]Ahh, Cluck. Are you a little obsessed with him? 90% of your posts seem to either mention him, or are in reply to him. Don''t remember ever crying in relation to an internet forum. I can remember getting annoyed at both you and your comedy sidekick''s repetitive nonsense, especially when you both resort to personal insults when you lose the argument.I''m glad it whatever you''re blathering on about made your day. Its nice to know I brought a little joy into what is obviously a sad and empty life. After all, normal people''s days aren''t normally made by posts on internet forums.

[/quote]

I don''t think you posses the mental capacity to twist words in any discernable way to be honest. You simply stated something incorrectly, I was happy to correct you.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Ahh, Cluck. Are you a little obsessed with him? 90% of your posts seem to either mention him, or are in reply to him.
Don''t remember ever crying in relation to an internet forum. I can remember getting annoyed at both you and your comedy sidekick''s repetitive nonsense, especially when you both resort to personal insults when you lose the argument.
I''m glad it whatever you''re blathering on about made your day. Its nice to know I brought a little joy into what is obviously a sad and empty life. After all, normal people''s days aren''t normally made by posts on internet forums.

[/quote]

HERBIE darling, run along home now... you tea has been on the table for the last half hour and mummy is getting very annoyed!!!  [8-|] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

Don''t wet your little panties on the way will you???

[quote user="Smudger"]

HERBIE darling, run along home now... you tea has been on the table for the last half hour and mummy is getting very annoyed!!!  [8-|] [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[/quote]Good grief, now we see why Smudger doesn''t actually go to games - he''s too young and his parents won''t take him!

Good Lord, Smudge, that''s all a tad puerile............

You wouldn''t like it if I called you baldy, baldy rubber-lips. 

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No wonder people are getting fed up with this board with posts like this!!!!!

[quote]

HERBIE darling, run along home now... you tea has been on the table for the last half hour and mummy is getting very annoyed!!!  Geeked [8-|] Crying [:''(] Crying [:''(] Crying [:''(]

Don''t wet your little panties on the way will you???[/quote]

Is it time for me to mention the Nazis and invoke Godwins law yet ?

Smudger - How much will it cost us to stop you posting here, for the sake of decent debate name your price.  Provided you''re not too greedy I bet you''ll get it.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I don''t think you posses the mental capacity to twist words in any discernable way to be honest. You simply stated something incorrectly, I was happy to correct you.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Ahh, Cluck. Are you a little obsessed with him? 90% of your posts seem to either mention him, or are in reply to him.
Don''t remember ever crying in relation to an internet forum. I can remember getting annoyed at both you and your comedy sidekick''s repetitive nonsense, especially when you both resort to personal insults when you lose the argument.
I''m glad it whatever you''re blathering on about made your day. Its nice to know I brought a little joy into what is obviously a sad and empty life. After all, normal people''s days aren''t normally made by posts on internet forums.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jesus! How old are you pair? I get more grown up behaviour from my 9 month old daughter!

Why can''t some people take a deep breath before replying?

Apologies if these questions have already been asked but here goes:Do you want the board to step down immediately and if so who would you want to run the club until a future investor is found to invest in the club? Or do you want the current board to keep at the helm of the club until a suitable Russian billionaire steps forward bearing in mind this may take years......if ever?Also suppose someone does come forward with an offer, who should decide if that offer is acceptable or in the best interests of the club?

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gutted

[/quote]

You''ve just proved him right though. Rather than answer the many posters who have raised questions you''ve decided to get involved in a petty argument.

Or are you waiting for Wayne to answer the questions for you? He seems to be quite good at that.

[/quote]

I think Mr Gardener is Phil Neal to Arthur''s Graham Taylor.... Yes Boss...Good Idea Boss.....Arrange a meeting boss......[:D]

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

if only you new  who i was old son!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Herb my old mucker dont always think the obvious......think Stiens think Hitsquad................Mr A. Whittle Jhn

Arthur,Did you read the thread "Billionaire Investor Myth" in which I posted my views on what I believe is the wrong and naive attitude of a number of (particularly vociferous) fans that the current board is someone flawed in their belief that strong off-field activities will support the club''s ambition in the long term.  I will not try to deny that some mistakes have been made and we have suffered from a premiership hangover that lasted far too long.However what really irks me is the belief that somehow you are so sure that the board won''t be making funds available for Grant to use this summer?  It appears we have been fairly active in the transfer market and have been linked with a number of players already, which is an improvement on last season''s performance.  This is Grants first full off-season to invest in new players and fans such as yourself aren''t giving him or the board a chance to show whether things have changed.Do you believe that the appointment of Grant was, in itself, an unambitious event?  Who would you rather have had the board appoint at the time?  We were never seriously linked with any "big name" - and to attract such a name to a club in our situation would require a salary which we cannot afford.The myth that somehow Norwich are better placed than a number of clubs when it comes to takeovers is mis-placed and I believe that in the championship we are stuck in the middle, between the clubs such as Blackpool which are much cheaper to buy than clubs higher in the league structure, and the more prestigious clubs in the premiership.  Premiership clubs are much more attractive entities for investment than championship clubs due to the larger guaranteed TV income and particularly with London clubs, the ability to attract players and fans.Anyone, I''m not really sure I''ve asked all that many question or whether I just rewrote a section of my previous post but my main point would be whether you really believe we''d be better having an "ambitious" board, i.e. Leeds? Bradford? Notts Forest?  Since their ambitious attitudes not only ended in double relegation but almost the extinction of the clubs themselves.OTBC!Chris

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

No wonder people are getting fed up with this board with posts like this!!!!!

[/quote]

There''s the inconsistent posts, and there''s the incontinent posts.......

Will you please stop this in-fighting now ? i hate to see city fans having a go at each other i hate it , hate it, can''t you direct your energy to someone like the binners? rather than other City fans, Smudger you should be ashamed of youself reverting to something that not quite schoolboy humour , when i planned to meet Dixmar Racing i coincided it with my latest hospital visit , an ill-fated visit as it turns out, i felt i just wanted to go home and console my self with a pint of real ale and be with my family , but WHAT THE HELL whats the point in being miserable ? feeling sorry for myself won''t change a thing , i thought of the club i have loved for 51 years (i first went when i was 5 ) if i could give them something in return however small for what they have done for me over the years i would be a happy man , i also thought of my fellow Pink u Pickers , sat afternoons would not be the same without the fun and entertainment of watching our selections go in , so i went and found Dixmar Racing , the rest you know , i was successful  in my quest ,  

I  HARDLY   EXPECTED TO COME HOME TO THIS , whats the  matter with you ? i am not well and you are not making me feel any better , please stop this now , if only for my sake , PLEASE .R.D.                                                              

[quote user="ray ducker"]

Will you please stop this in-fighting now ? i hate to see city fans having a go at each other i hate it , hate it, can''t you direct your energy to someone like the binners? rather than other City fans, Smudger you should be ashamed of youself reverting to something that not quite schoolboy humour , when i planned to meet Dixmar Racing i coincided it with my latest hospital visit , an ill-fated visit as it turns out, i felt i just wanted to go home and console my self with a pint of real ale and be with my family , but WHAT THE HELL whats the point in being miserable ? feeling sorry for myself won''t change a thing , i thought of the club i have loved for 51 years (i first went when i was 5 ) if i could give them something in return however small for what they have done for me over the years i would be a happy man , i also thought of my fellow Pink u Pickers , sat afternoons would not be the same without the fun and entertainment of watching our selections go in , so i went and found Dixmar Racing , the rest you know , i was successful  in my quest ,  

I  HARDLY   EXPECTED TO COME HOME TO THIS , whats the  matter with you ? i am not well and you are not making me feel any better , please stop this now , if only for my sake , PLEASE .R.D.                                                              

[/quote]

Unfortunatly ive had health problems aswell and this hasnt stopped morons sending me private messages and posts on threads joking about my health and abusing me.

Get well soon mate.

Hi Arthur,

In a perfect world (ie you get the support and the funds) how often would your demonstrations take place and when?

Cheers!

Wings