Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl05

Worst goalkeeper to wear the city shirt?

tracy or gallagher for me. warner is a good keeper ,we have seen a lot worse between the sticks here

Gallagher is pretty poor but I''m going to have to say Tracey.

Saying that, Michael Watt was useless aswell!

Anyonr remember Mervyn Cawston from Attleborough??

Another understudy to the great Keelan who played a couple of times without distinction and sank without trace.  I''m not even sure he played local football after he left City but I am happy to be contradicted.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Another understudy to the great Keelan who played a couple of times without distinction and sank without trace.  I''m not even sure he played local football after he left City but I am happy to be contradicted.

[/quote]

From Southend''s Hall of Fame:

2nd. MERVYN CAWSTON

POPULAR shot-stopper who made nearly 250 appearances for the Shrimpers. Mervyn was a talented keeper who broke a number of Club records during the 1980/81 championship winning season - including keeping twenty five clean sheets and going 985 minutes without conceding a goal.

The now 50 year old originally came to Southend on loan in 1974 before eventually signing on a permanent basis four years later having played for both Gillingham and Chicago Sting in America.

Six years later however the Diss born keeper signed for Stoke City but he will always be remembered here at Roots Hall.

Seems he did rather well after leaving us!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

From Southend''s Hall of Fame:

2nd. MERVYN CAWSTON

POPULAR shot-stopper who made nearly 250 appearances for the Shrimpers. Mervyn was a talented keeper who broke a number of Club records during the 1980/81 championship winning season - including keeping twenty five clean sheets and going 985 minutes without conceding a goal.

The now 50 year old originally came to Southend on loan in 1974 before eventually signing on a permanent basis four years later having played for both Gillingham and Chicago Sting in America.

Six years later however the Diss born keeper signed for Stoke City but he will always be remembered here at Roots Hall.

Seems he did rather well after leaving us!

[/quote]

Thanks.  Boy done well.

oh my god, any body else as suprised to this answer as i was, you have no idea how u and your smudge buddy boar me so with your such stupid and childish answers, Have you even seen him play yet? I doubt it, u aint even a fan, just some kid old whiney bloke who has far to much time on there hands. And to tell you the truth i think you support ipswich!!! Go back to suffolk cluck!                                                                                                                                                                     

[quote user="Ben Jones"]oh my god, any body else as suprised to this answer as i was, you have no idea how u and your smudge buddy boar me so with your such stupid and childish answers, Have you even seen him play yet? I doubt it, u aint even a fan, just some kid old whiney bloke who has far to much time on there hands. And to tell you the truth i think you support ipswich!!! Go back to suffolk cluck!                                                                                                                                                                     [/quote]

he was clearly having a joke

I will aways remember one incident concerning Peter Vasper , we were playing a team with a tough tackling , ball winning midfielder , built like a brick outhouse , i think his name was perhaps G Williams , we conceded a corner at the Barcley end , Williams came rushing in like a train , what he said to Vasper i don''t know but Vasper retreated to the back of the net with his hands over his head his left leg drawn across his body protecting his gonads looking at me ,well he would have been if his eyes were open , we defended a corner that day with no keeper ," brave"was a word you could not level at Peter Vasper.

No knowledge of this new anti legend that is Vasper but for me Benstead and Hansbury battle it out ahead of the hapless Tracey.   Hansbury gets it for being known as the hansbury flop for each belated dive...

Michael Watt was terrible, but you''re probably right with Simon Tracey.  Even Sutchey was better when he went in!!

I remember that after we released Clive Baker (Uper Sheringham lad), he moved to Barnsley and then went on a 14-match run of not conceding a goal for his new club.