Sign in to follow this  
Bernard  Futter

THE BEST OUTGOING TRANSFER MOVING ON AN INDIFFERENT PERFORMER?

Hopefully a new angle on this kind of thread...

It should not take into account the highest figure realised, just the barefaced cheek equation that we got good money for a duff player.

My starter is Lee Marshall and the £650k that Leicester misguidely parted with.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Andy Marshall (free)

Hehe

But seriously, surprised we got any money for Matthew Rush.

[/quote]

im not, Matt Rush was a decent player, shame injury curtailed his time here... he''s a bit of a hero at West ham...

jas :)

I still think £125k is a good price for someone who only made 3 sub appearances for us.

As for Ade, Gillingham made a £1m profit and he scored a goal in every other game for them, although on the whole he is a genuinely shocking player.

Agree with Lee Marshall.  I suppose we got a good deal on Eadie and O''Neill considering they didn''t play on much.

To be honest though I can''t think of too many more BUT I can think of loads of players we have let go for free or far too cheaply.

Not a duff player for us I know, but it all went a bit wrong for Fleck after his big money move to Chelsea did it not?

You''re going to have to go some to find a better ''result'' than getting £650,000 for Lee Marshall. I would say that, in hindsight (ie how little of his career he actually had to run before he had to jack it in thru injury) the fee for Eadie from Leicester was quite a bargain though I was absolutely gutted to see him go. But if you''re sticking to the concept of offloading a turkey for decent cash it has to be Lee Marshall.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Not a duff player for us I know, but it all went a bit wrong for Fleck after his big money move to Chelsea did it not?[/quote]

And didn''t we then get him back for free? (or at least 6 instead of 7 figures...)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

its got to be the fee we got from Gillingham for Ade akinbiy hasnt it?!

[/quote]

Not really considering he moved for big amounts of money in his career and we got peanuts.

matt rush is my pe teacher at marple hall  n he is sh**t at footie he cant pass he cant run and always blames someone else for his mistakes lol suppose he did have bad injury which explains why he became a teacher and he he tells me he has nether drank alcohol in his life all he drinks is water ![:O]

matthias jonson bought for 900k as a free scoring attacker, one season, one goal (in the reserves!!) sold for £1m not bad.

[quote user="Malky Mcveigh"]

matthias jonson bought for 900k as a free scoring attacker, one season, one goal (in the reserves!!) sold for £1m not bad.

[/quote]

Ah yes, but he then went on to win the league title in Sweden before playing in the Champions League and also in the World Cup...

Tony Cotterpin and Bloodleech Steve Walsh..........we didn''t get a fee for them.........but they aren''t at the club anymore.......Thankfully.

Now there''s a positive!

Reading do say Andy Hughes, the fan I know says it most times he gets an excuse.  But then he also says Hughes plays well in the hole behind the strikers!

I have it on good authority from someone who played with Eadie, that he failed his medical at Leicester but they still signed him on the insistence of Martin O''Neill for £3million. Not one of O''Neill''s better decisions with hindsight though there is no doubt Eadie had the ability to be an England regular.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="Malky Mcveigh"]

[/quote]

Ah yes, but he then went on to win the league title in Sweden before playing in the Champions League and also in the World Cup...

[/quote]

I think Jonsson could of gone on to do very well for us had he of been given another season.. Colin has improved in his 2nd season and i think Jonsson could of done too.. he''d of been a tidy championship player...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"][quote user="Malky Mcveigh"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think Jonsson could of gone on to do very well for us had he of been given another season.. Colin has improved in his 2nd season and i think Jonsson could of done too.. he''d of been a tidy championship player...

[/quote]

I agree very much with you there Jaz. In fact, at the time I was cursing everyone because we were favourites to win the Championship yet we had lost Francis, Jonsson, Helveg and Svensson without proper replacements. We shouldn''t have been favourites in the first place in my eyes... Anyway, that''s probably a debate for another time.

[quote user="7rew"]......Hughes plays well in the hole behind the strikers!
[/quote]

In that case, perhaps he should have signed for the Gunners of North London.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]kevin reeves went to man city for £1m didn''t he?   big wedge back then, and bombed spectaculary!  how about Justin fashanu to forest??? ouch!
[/quote]

If Kevin Reeves getting an career ending injury counts as bopmbing, you might have a point.  I prefer to remember it as a spectacular talent cruelly cut short well before reaching his prime.  A tragic outcome for English football as awhole.   He would have been at his peak in 1986!!

Justin''s fee is as much a candidate as the huge fee Chelsea paid for Fleck.  Both were well deserved on performances and potential.  The fact that both transfers went wrong was not predictable at the time.  Yhe fee seemed fair when paid.

Surely this thread is about sales which were overpriced at the time... not with hindsight?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]kevin reeves went to man city for £1m didn''t he?   big wedge back then, and bombed spectaculary!  how about Justin fashanu to forest??? ouch![/quote]

If Kevin Reeves getting an career ending injury counts as bopmbing, you might have a point.  I prefer to remember it as a spectacular talent cruelly cut short well before reaching his prime.  A tragic outcome for English football as awhole.   He would have been at his peak in 1986!!

Justin''s fee is as much a candidate as the huge fee Chelsea paid for Fleck.  Both were well deserved on performances and potential.  The fact that both transfers went wrong was not predictable at the time.  Yhe fee seemed fair when paid.

Surely this thread is about sales which were overpriced at the time... not with hindsight?

[/quote]if i remember correctly, reeves went to man city and hardly scored a goal didn''t he?  forgot about his injury though.also you''re right, i didn''t get the idea of the thread....doh!