Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Glad to see Robert Green doing well.

Thought he was the man-of-the match for West Ham against Man Utd on Sunday.

Very pleasing given his heartbreak injury prior to the World Cup.

In fact he has come in for quite a bit of favorable comment from analysts since getting into the West ham team.

Good going Greeno.

OTBC.

P.S. He certainly appears more authoritative with his new haircut - although it seems to be growing back a bit!

Hmmm...i remember not long ago him mentioning this club in an interview, and some of it wasnt so positive. I think, anyway.

Good to see him doing well -  a rare product of our youth program and genuinely a contender for the England squad;  keep it up greeno - you deserve to be in  the prem.

11 appearances  25 let-ins  .....  doing well ?     and he only gets  to play because Carrol  has  err   problems .

Dont forget that Greeno  had a record  let-in tally Zipper !   .... when we were in the prem !! 

I went to see West Ham recently I''m surprised he hasn''t let in 50 behind that team! They made me glad to be a Norwich fan! I haven''t seen many goals that have been his fault, he''s made a few great saves, and the West Ham fans I know love him (despite the barnet!). Glad to see him doing so well.

Also, maybe I interperated that interview wrong but I never heard him have a dig at the club. He just said some truths about Norwich as a city (in my humble opinion at least). I thought he was positive about it.... anyhoo.... maybe I missed something or read a different interview.

[quote user="hogesar"]Hmmm...i remember not long ago him mentioning this club in an interview, and some of it wasnt so positive. I think, anyway.[/quote]

I am glad to see him doing well.  He may have not been positive about this club, but lets face it there was not much to be positive about under Worthington in the end. 

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Sheded - He got lots of practice!!. I would suggest we could have the best goalie in the world between the sticks but with a crap defence in front of him he is still going to let a lot in.[/quote]

I was actually taking the lousy defence into account  Boadicea !   fact is , Greeno really did let in  some very strange ones !   strange in terms of  how the f**k  did he let that one through ? , he made a habit of it !   all a matter of opinion though [;)]

I hope Green wil have a great future, and that he wil end his carer in Norwich afther we have sold the then best keeper in england J.Lewis in 10 years time to Real Madrid for 100 mill

I know Im draming, but I need to dram to be posetive this days.

[quote user="sheded"]

11 appearances  25 let-ins  .....  doing well ?     and he only gets  to play because Carrol  has  err   problems .

Dont forget that Greeno  had a record  let-in tally Zipper !   .... when we were in the prem !! 

[/quote]

He also made more saves than any other keeper in the league that year.

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

And that he made more saves than any other keeper in that year and also made many saves to earn us points that the defence exposed us to another defeat.

The bloke is a talented keeper and I wish him all the best.

I can''t believe the naivety of some of the posters on this board. The club and its supporters gave Green tremendous support and loyalty over many years and we all wished him well when he moved to West Ham. How did Green repay that loyalty ? By insulting the supporters and Norwich City. In other words he blatantly betrayed the loyalty of the club and its supporters. Therefore, as far as I am concerned I am now completely indifferent about Green.

Let''s not forget his ''up yours'' at the Barclay.

Also, let''s not forget his inability to command his area or his consistant faliure to stop penalties (even at Portsmouth when Yakubu took 3 penalties, all in the same place, all not anywhere near being saved).

I can''t believe the sensitivity of some of the posters on this board.  Robert Green gave this club tremendous service over many years and not many people begrudged him the chance to move on to West Ham.  He makes a comment about Norwich and Norfolk in general, which, if I recall correctly referred to having a ''village'' mentality.  How is this an insult to the supporters and Norwich City?  Rather, I would take that as a compliment.  It beggars belief how easily offended some of you are, yet are perfectly happy to mudsling yourselves.

I''m not Green with envy........Since his career enhancing move to the ''smoke'' and ever successful ''Worst Ham''........His future England career - is in the "Lapdancer of the Gods!"

Green is no longer a Norwich player, therefore I couldn''t give a sh*t if he plays brilliantly or has a stinker. He clearly didn''t want to be here in his final season so it was good riddance in my view.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Green is no longer a Norwich player, therefore I couldn''t give a sh*t if he plays brilliantly or has a stinker. He clearly didn''t want to be here in his final season so it was good riddance in my view.[/quote]

Well said Alex, my sentiments exactly !

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]I can''t believe the sensitivity of some of the posters on this board.  Robert Green gave this club tremendous service over many years and not many people begrudged him the chance to move on to West Ham.  He makes a comment about Norwich and Norfolk in general, which, if I recall correctly referred to having a ''village'' mentality.  How is this an insult to the supporters and Norwich City?  Rather, I would take that as a compliment.  It beggars belief how easily offended some of you are, yet are perfectly happy to mudsling yourselves.[/quote]In Rob Green''s defence Norwich does has a village mentality.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Precisely my point Angels.[/quote]

Green meant that as a sneer !  a deliberate  slur , why else would he say it ?    

What exactly IS a village mentality  ?  Greeno is some kind of ignoramus  , he doesn`t even know that villages  these days are full  of stinking rich city types  , all running away from  big cities !   and all  expecting    a sterile rural scene , and whinging and whining   to the parish council when they see a cow pat on the road , or the Cock crows  , real pains in the arse.......

Maybe Greeno will get that  smirk wiped off his face  when he starts to experience the down side of living  in the smoke .....   or has he forgotten  7/7  ?  [6]

how naiive and pathetic a response is that?  You have just done exactly what you are accusing Green of doing!  I know of loads of villages that do not conform to your stereotype.  I believe that the ''village'' mentality that Green referred to is one of Norwich''s biggest charms.  Trust me, it beats the hell out of ''city'' mentality.  Try Stoke for somewhere that has that kind of mentality.

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Precisely my point Angels.[/quote]

Green meant that as a sneer !  a deliberate  slur , why else would he say it ?    

What exactly IS a village mentality  ?  Greeno is some kind of ignoramus  , he doesn`t even know that villages  these days are full  of stinking rich city types  , all running away from  big cities !   and all  expecting    a sterile rural scene , and whinging and whining   to the parish council when they see a cow pat on the road , or the Cock crows  , real pains in the arse.......

Maybe Greeno will get that  smirk wiped off his face  when he starts to experience the down side of living  in the smoke .....   or has he forgotten  7/7  ?  [6]

[/quote]

Sheded. Is that you in your avatar with your crossbow on the village green?

OTBC.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]how naiive and pathetic a response is that?  You have just done exactly what you are accusing Green of doing!  I know of loads of villages that do not conform to your stereotype.  I believe that the ''village'' mentality that Green referred to is one of Norwich''s biggest charms.  Trust me, it beats the hell out of ''city'' mentality.  Try Stoke for somewhere that has that kind of mentality.[/quote]

The wry humour and blatant exaggeration just  passed you by then Revelator ?   I too  know plenty of villages  that have a  lifestyle  that city types envy  , I happen to be living in a small village now  .......... love it !      I think , after 3 years , we are accepted now  , especially  since I can drive a tractor , and plough   !  us ex city types often have  multi skills ........[;)]

Stoke !  you mean that sleepy  city in Staffordshire  ? 

Sheded. Is that you in your avatar with your crossbow on the village green?..BlyBly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Errr , that is a longbow  knave !   you`ve been  looking  at that trashy  " Robin Hood "  series  ?   in which  the pasty faced  poltroon  playing the great Robin Hood , is actually using  a Persian bow !  aaaagh .

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]

Also, let''s not forget his inability to command his area or his consistant faliure to stop penalties (even at Portsmouth when Yakubu took 3 penalties, all in the same place, all not anywhere near being saved).

[/quote]

I remember that and i was Sickened by it.. to be honest as soon as he knew he''d be off he didnt give a Toss.. Contrast that with Ashton who scored a Hat Trick and did his best just weeks before being sold.. and the Professional Attitude of Leon MKenzie in the shoddy way the previous manager treated him and  Robert Green has a lot to learn!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Splendid Rush"]

[/quote]

I remember that and i was Sickened by it.. to be honest as soon as he knew he''d be off he didnt give a Toss.. Contrast that with Ashton who scored a Hat Trick and did his best just weeks before being sold.. and the Professional Attitude of Leon MKenzie in the shoddy way the previous manager treated him and  Robert Green has a lot to learn!

jas :)

[/quote]

Damn Straight. Lack of professionalism. I dont care how well he does, good riddance as previously said. I will only care if his qualities exceeded that of robinsons for the england no.1