Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Positives from today's game

1. Grant now knows that the Doc ain''t up to it
  2. It was "only" 3
  3. We scored one goal.
  4. Chadwick sounded ok

I would list the negatives but I don''t have 2 hours to spare.

yeah theyre might be a ray of light in robert eagle, we now have someone who can actually take a corner, other then that colin put some great balls in and shackell had a good performance

1, Chadwick looked a very good signing

2, Eagle showed that he should have started, he did more in 10 mins than Hughes and Robinson did in the whole game!

3, This defeat and the stoke defeats shows that Grant must strengthen the defence.

4, No more...

bit rough on the doc mate,if you think he was the worst out there today you are having a laugh,at least i saw the doc get in to a couple of tackles,he and shacks looked pretty solid,its the insaine 5 in midfield that is not working,we have three guys not knowing who to mark in the middle getting in each others way,when we do get the ball we kick it to a midget and 4 opposition players....guess what ?it comes straight back and the poor guys at the back are under the cosh again

robinson is a waste of space and hughes looks lost,dicko at least shows promise,chadwick looked more up for it than any one and hucks is so far off the pace he is a pasenger,what we need is the club to get some decent players in to cover the massive underfunding we have had,a forward and a partner for dicko and for gods sake no more 451,lets have 442 and hucks up front or on the bench

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]Eagle looked good when he came on, actually kept the ball on the floor[/quote]

By the way Master, where did you watch the match in the end?

I can''t see any positives. Shambles at the back, over run in midfield, and earnie isolated up front. Bringing Dion on to change the game isn''t good enough.

PG has a hell of a lot to do in January, but I can''t see what he''s going to be able to. I''m sorry to be negative and I know there''s still a long way to go, it just hurts more this time.

Positives? Only that the board will now be forced to seriously back Grant in the transfer window, otherwise mid-table mediocrity or worse is inevitable.A shockingly poor midfield, a tragic defence, and an isolated unsupported strikeforce means we''re going nowhere fast.

There is a pub near me called The Anchor. I know the landlord so we watched it in there. where did you watch it? My two ipswich mates loved it. And i dont think it is unfair on Docherty at all. The midfield were awful but the way he is so easily turned is embarrasing. Even my ipswich mates were singling him out as being awful. At no point was it an impressive but of skill that threw him, it was just him being bad.

1. We''ll be getting rid of Robinson in the January sales.

2. What better venue for the board in seeing what happens when you bury your head in the sand for a season.

3. The Doc will be put to grass in one of the those sanctuaries - a good man but not a good enough player.

4. Ipswich showed how to want to win games - maybe we could pick up some tips on the video and use it for the remainder of the season.

5. Chadwick - if he isn''t crocked after that collision.

6. Eagle - a young player, maybe there are a few more of those locked away somewhere.

7. Steve Foley''s face on saying goodbye to Delia and Co. upon their leaving the ground.

8. Identify the right back position - I bet Haynes couldn''t believe his luck with his second goal, perhaps we should have had somebody in that area of the pitch.

9. Peter Grant''s post match analysis and strategy for putting things right.  Having served up that pile of rubbish, we''ll be looking forward to a no-nonsense explanation - no Booker prize winners here please.

10. We''ll be getting rid of Robinson in the January sales.

He had the one two with shackell which was the best move of the game and was good at the set peices. He wasn''t amazing but he did far better than huckerby or the rest of the midfield. He didn''t touch the ball much but that was because of the poor style of football played at the end of the game (hoofball) but when he did get it he actually did something with it.

1.  Danny Haynes.  Proves that NCFC academy players are more than capable of holding their own at this level when given the opportunity.  I just hope Mr Grant was paying attention.

1. I didn''t go
  2. I dont know any Ipswich Fans
  3. Chadwick looked decent

Negatives

1. Defence disastrous
  2. Doherty played ahead of dublin
  3. Colin was back to his worse4
  4. Shackell was shit
  5. Gallager unconvincing
  6. We lost
  7. We lost to the scum
  8. we let danny haynes leave us when he wasd younger
  9. Robinson Crap
  10. Hughes back to being crap
  11. Chadwick got injured
  12. Earnshaw had no service
  13. Huckerby looked a bit disinterested
  14. Etuhu failed to do what he said in the media
  15. Dublin as an attacking force is past it
  16. When Dion came on we still hoofed it to earnshaw
  17. We showed no passion or commitment
  18. We had 2 shots on target

Anything else?!

1.   Shackel, Chadwick and Gallacher all played ok.

2.   Grant must have seen how crap our mid-field is and that we have got to get in better than Hughes and Robbinson.

3.   The support was there (again)

4.   Struggling to come up with any more.

By the way how can anyone suggest Eagle played well, he only came on for 10 mins and hardly kicked the ball. I dont think we''ll see much from him for quite a while yet.

Positives - colin, Shackell & Chadwick

Negatives - Keeper, midfield and strikers &  fan over-reactions