Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Map of Posters location on pink'un

someone else had this idea recently and im just creating a new post for it cause as far as i am aware nothing really happened..

i think this would be a great idea, (escpeically considering the latest outburst of posts from people in canterbury,manchester,brighton,nottingham etc), it gives us exiles a chance to meet other ncfc fans whilst away from norfolk and even possibl transport to away games near the location,

any plans mods?

cheers, phil

In terms of the benefit it would produce, when compared to the time it would take someone to compile, I would have severe doubts over whether it would be a worthwhile use of the time of the Web Team...But it would be a good bit of fun - in my Halls of Residence here in Manc we''ve done a similar thing whereby everyone has marked where they''re from on an outline map of the UK.  It''s not especially beneficial, but it''s still quite interesting...Maybe someone with a bit of time on their hands and web/IT knowledge could volunteer their services...?

The numbers involved could be colour coded to avoid a multitude of dots you would have say a red dot for 0-5; green for 5-10 etc. Also, there could be a recommended meeting pub.

Great idea, I have lived on and off in London for about 10 years have never really met any other Yellow''s, I have thought about joining the Capital Canaries, but if other people wanted to meet up for a jar one day I''ll be up for it.

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]Great idea, I have lived on and off in London for about 10 years have never really met any other Yellow''s, I have thought about joining the Capital Canaries, but if other people wanted to meet up for a jar one day I''ll be up for it.[/quote]

Perhaps the reason you haven''t really met any other Yellows in London is that you haven''t joined Capital Canaries ?

Why not give it a whirl ...........we don''t bite !!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]Great idea, I have lived on and off in London for about 10 years have never really met any other Yellow''s, I have thought about joining the Capital Canaries, but if other people wanted to meet up for a jar one day I''ll be up for it.[/quote]

Perhaps the reason you haven''t really met any other Yellows in London is that you haven''t joined Capital Canaries ?

[/quote]

any Capital Canaries on here who join the train at Chelmsford?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Here we go...another London takeover....You''d think they''ve got enough teams of their own to interfere with without moving scarfs to Norfolk....Still, you do like your "second homes" don''t you?

Map sounds like a good idea to me so long as it doesn''t take ages to do for the web team. I live in Hertford, and am sure there is someone from Cuffley nearby & Winchmore Canary who I must pass every day on the way to London.

In terms of Capital canaries, I know I should join. It''s just lazyness which is a crap excuse! 

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Shut up, you do not know nothing about where I was born, where I have lived, you can have your single minded opinions on football and a club you don''t even support but don''t question something you don''t know nothing about and doesn''t involve you ok. And my secound home pays council tax and more than likely keeps you on the dole.........................

Here we go...another London takeover....You''d think they''ve got enough teams of their own to interfere with without moving scarfs to Norfolk....Still, you do like your "second homes" don''t you?

[/quote]

There''s only one small problem.... it''d have to be a world map wouldn''t it.

We''re spread all over the world

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear Cluck .....what on Earth makes you think all Capital Canaries were born/live in London ? And why on Earth would a Londoner want to support the Canaries unless they moved to East Anglia or had some family allegiance.

I was born and lived in Norwich for my first 21 years and haven''t lived in London for the last 20 years.

Oh, and as for '' second homes '', I seem to remember a certain poster on this board had one of those - or maybe still has - way out in the sticks in deepest Dorset in the not too distant past.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear Cluck .....what on Earth makes you think all Capital Canaries were born/live in London ? And why on Earth would a Londoner want to support the Canaries unless they moved to East Anglia or had some family allegiance.

I was born and lived in Norwich for my first 21 years and haven''t lived in London for the last 20 years.

Oh, and as for '' second homes '', I seem to remember a certain poster on this board had one of those - or maybe still has - way out in the sticks in deepest Dorset in the not too distant past.....

[/quote]

We''ve got to have something to entertain us all until the football starts haven''t we?....and the Londoner''s "second home" debacle is always guaranteed to prove contentious in rural parts!

Impressive reply....but it''s only Londoners with second homes that count. The rest of us can do what we like.   [Y]

If you look like your picture, then I''ll jump on the next flight and live there for a long time. te he

Spacebadger, is that the lovely Kerri Parker on your avatar?

From the old "Get yer kit on" site? My god there used to be some monsters on there, mainly from Suffolk I think!!!

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Surely I must be the only one in the Congo. Plenty of natives in very bad fake Man. U. shirts though![/quote]

Well I can''t imagine Congo is a hotbed of Norwich fans [;)]

Actually there are now a fair few Norwich fans from the Congo in Norwich! They were part of the refugee Gateway program, and the club were king enough to give them free tickets to some of the summer friendly games. Apparently a few of the kids were pretty good with a football too.