Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Simple question: Worthington to stay or go.

I would be interested to know the percentages on here of pro and against. I say roughly 70/30 in favour of him going.

From the response we could calculate a figure albeit a rough one of what the 24000 or so fans at Carrow Road feel now the new season is under way.

I know it’s not scientifically accurate but it would be interesting.

my opinion is GO

Welcome young hardhouse!

I have always been a Worthy Outer but even I would like to give it a few games, I feel it''s a bit early to judge just yet.

If after 10 games or so we are stuck in the bottom half and going nowhere, then it''s time to go I believe.

Simple answer: depends on performances and league position.

To answer based upon last season, or seasons before is like sitting a test and being judged on your previous work.

I was firmly wanting him to go last season but it is clear he has been given the boards backing for this season so we must support him and the team completely and give them a chance of redemption and see if they can come up with the goods!

If we are struggling after 10 games again this season then it will have to be adios from me I am afraid.

you can say stay or go all you like, but you don''t have the decision.  We all know where the decision lies.

We have steadily improved as a team since Feb, and are now hard to beat at home, and got close to over-running Leeds away.  We stand a good chance of getting into the play-offs as a result.

If people are daft enough to create distractions to the target of acheiving promotion at the first sign of poor results, then there''s no helping them.

After last seasons debacle the board of directors should have no doubt about his ability to follow it up with another poor season. If they wish us to be dragging our feet in the also ran column then I suppose its fine. We supporters however require something a bit more ambitious then mid-table mediocrity and a new man at the helm may prove the catalyst for a serious promotion attempt. I am in favour of stability within a club but he''s had long enough now to mold a team in his image and make good signings to boot (which last term he failed to do). Financial constraints aside even with our present squad we should be up there competing by the end of October at least. If we''re not there is something seriously wrong. As with all new managers a spate of signings normally follow so I would give him till the end of October and if things haven''t improved by then the board should think about appointing a new man. At least then he''ll have time to assess his players and pinpoint weaknesses in the squad. I wonder if this will happen?        [W] [*-)]

Go now for the benefit of the club and sanity of the fans.  He''s had his chance, more than most managers ever get and not delivered.  Biggest travesty for me was after we let in 78 goals in our premiership season not one single effort was made to address our leaky defence.  Not good enough.

to be honest, who cares anymore?

im totally fed up of all this worthy in, worthy out tripe, so old

just sit back, and enjoy some football, and if it isn''t working out, then we can descuss the problems

we did well on saturday, and have our first game tonight!

could you at least wait for the season to start? and for the players to settle, before you bring up more of this worthy out crap

Cheers,

Out for me I''m afraid. This could mean a season or two rebuiding but it has to be better than where we ar right now. The board can''t, or won''t see it or (even more worrying) are satisfied with mid table survival, loads of outside of football interests and a stable limited company. If that is really the aim of Norwich City Football Club Limited then we are heading for obscurity.

We have to temper our love of the club with the fact that "reckless directorship" is a criminal offence and we do not have anyone on that board with the finances or the will to back us against that.

Go. There is no logical reason to keep him, though for the sake of democracy, Delia and Wynn Jones'' shareholding should be reduced to no more than 49%. Think of all the pointless Chapels they could build with the extra cash.

This sickens me! people saying enjoy the football, who cares?

I am so irate, you think we should just forget about last season, no! the run continues, pre season means a clean slate on the league table not the managers record and if this contnues for even a few more games he has to go, no other option. Yes, fair enough give him some time to prove himself but i think it is hilarious that over the summer he seems to have gained support when we have been doing nothing. Stop this man ruining our football club!!

by the way GO! (in case you hadnt guessed)