Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

So! Why didn't Croft sign weeks ago?

Targetted for many months hey?

We have needed a right winger for the past two years with no sign of anyone arriving.

Desperation creeping in with no summer signings.

So why was Croft not recruited earlier, at least to begin pre-season with the squad?

Did it need the arrival of Hunter to persuade him; has he been on a long holiday; has he been restricted by an asbo; was money only made available when we didn''t spend it on yet another striker?

I wish Croft well, I especially hope he stays injury free whilst getting up to our fantastic fitness levels and keeps off the pies.

He looks like he''s had a hard life so hopefully will be able to take care of himself.

But why so late?

Is it any wonder people question the current Norwich spin machine?

A few days ago we were told there was no plan C.

I was thinking much the same thing, if we had been interested in him for so long why did we not sign him at the end of last season and have him bedding in during the pre-season matches. One explanation could be that we were interested in somebody else and had to wait for a decision from them but that doesn''t sound quite right to me because we would surely have demanded an answer from a player/club within a set time frame to allow us to plan properly.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Targetted for many months hey?

We have needed a right winger for the past two years with no sign of anyone arriving.

So why was Croft not recruited earlier, at least to begin pre-season with the squad?

Did it need the arrival of Hunter to persuade him; has he been on a long holiday; has he been restricted by an asbo; was money only made available when we didn''t spend it on yet another striker?

I wish Croft well, I especially hope he stays injury free whilst getting up to our fantastic fitness levels and keeps off the pies.

He looks like he''s had a hard life so hopefully will be able to take care of himself.

But why so late?[/quote]Yep I was thinking exactly the same, another thing I can''t help thinking is, when we hear the Line - "If there''s nothing out there available better than what we already have, we''ll go with what we''ve got" - are we really supposed to believe there are no players, even free transfers who wouldn''t be better than Hughes or Etuhu?

Why ?

Because Stuart Pearce considered him to be a useful part of their squad until recently, and now he''s surplus to their requirements.  This is very good news for us, but I''m sure someone in here will be able to turn it into yet more "proof"...

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

What are you on , mate ?

The ''plans A,B & C'' quote referred to the striker search , not the right winger search.

Stuart Pearce said that they didn''t want to let him go but he wanted the chance of first team football so its fair to assume that he only became available recently.

Why does everything have to become negative with you lot ?

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

I think worthy meant by this no plan C for a forward! Let''s be habbpy people! We have just signed a highly rated winger, so instead of having a pop at every available opputunity, lets have some positive posts for now please!

Isn''t there a danger though, Snake Pit Army, as Cambs Canary alluded to on another post that we put too much expectation on young Croft because we have been so starved of activity and right sided players a player who most of us have never heard of let alone seen play suddenly becomes the saviour

Croft deserves to be allowed time to develop and bed in. I hope he becomes an instant hit but if there is something you really need to complete the jigsaw, as Derby obviously felt with Howard, then you tend to go out on a limb to get them either by paying a premium or else ''doing a Wenger'' and getting them in early.

Let''s give Croft a chance, I agree, but you can anticipate that if he fails to transform the team the disappointment of some will turn to vitriol against the individual player.

I have my reservations because he could and should have signed earlier.

no one has asked that if we had been monitoring him for a while then why didnt we get him cheaper off Oldham instead of more for Man city?

jas :)

Well he was not sit choosing which club to sign for was he , choice of one and he did not rush into that. Funny how so many people think he is brilliant , great etc etc , bet none of you have ever seen him kick a ball ...wait and see people he may turn out worse than Hughes.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no one has asked that if we had been monitoring him for a while then why didnt we get him cheaper off Oldham instead of more for Man city?

jas :)

[/quote]

Mainly because he was only on loan at Oldham ....   

If theres one manager I would trust  it would be Stuart Pierce !   on that basis the signing of Crofty  looks to be a genuine  article  ...... another item from the club  that gave us Hucks !!! 

He was born in Wigan  ... obviously he chose this club  because of Delia`s pies  [A]

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

We wete told ther was no plan C with regards to strikers, if you''re thinking about R wing then we''ve onlt had chadwick turned down, so croft could easily be plan B

[quote user="Rossi"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

We wete told ther was no plan C with regards to strikers, if you''re thinking about R wing then we''ve onlt had chadwick turned down, so croft could easily be plan B

[/quote]Nice to see some of us are paying attention Rossi.

according to the press today, he was offered more money at Coventry but chose to come to City instead.

Sounds like the sort of player we need...keen, quick and WANTS to play for Norwich.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Targetted for many months hey?

But why so late?[/quote]

I know it was very late but the only thing i can relate to it is that Worthy may of wanted to look at a bigger area to see the best he could sign with the budget available.

Thats the only excuse which makes sense, to me.

So the club make no real noise about signing Croft yet huff and puff about signing Howard, and then publicly state they were outbid by bankrupt Derby County.

Could it be a bit more spin from Carrow Road ?. Should we not all rise up and parade round the ground with our home made banners in protest. ? Next thing you know they''ll be bringing in a couple of more players without telling us a thing before hand.

We should be more like our impoverished neighbours who let their fans know well in advance who is they are about to sign. Allright, the players don''t join the club but that is not the point.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

So the club make no real noise about signing Croft yet huff and puff about signing Howard, and then publicly state they were outbid by bankrupt Derby County.

Could it be a bit more spin from Carrow Road ?. Should we not all rise up and parade round the ground with our home made banners in protest. ? Next thing you know they''ll be bringing in a couple of more players without telling us a thing before hand.

We should be more like our impoverished neighbours who let their fans know well in advance who is they are about to sign. Allright, the players don''t join the club but that is not the point.

[/quote]

Isn`t that a bit like playing poker  with your cards face up on the table ?   I`m sure all the vultures [ agents ]   would love to have advance notice  of which players are wanted   by each club , and what each club is prepared to pay  for these players ?    

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]

[/quote]

Wasn''t aware we were ''outbid'' by Derby..as I understand it we weren''t willing to pay the inflated fee that Luton wanted for him and thats a completely different thing..