Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Theo Walcott????

The EDP headline this morning "Walcott on Worthy''s wish list".

The article then went on to say that we hadn''t made an enquiry about Walcott. Worthington with his usual "throw a dart at the board" approach to transfers has just asked Arsenal to let him know if they want to loan anyone out. No mention of targetting potential signings or their positions to suit our needs, just a "oh well if Arsenal have signed them they must be better than anyone we have here" approach.

Does anybody spot a mission to cover up yesterday''s debacle of a press release with a cheap headline that the EDP have hashed up on their behalf?

having just read this article, I have to say the headline is a disgrace.  Apart from the fact it is a dead cert Theo Walcott is not going to be going on loan to a championship side.  In fact Worthy doesnt even mention him in any of the quotes.

And there is a picture of Theo in the paper.......  its just journalistic tripe i''m afraid...... [N]

Mr Carra wrote on WOTB:

Quality scouting from us then

we haven''t asked about anyone specific that we are interested in to fill a requirement, just asked them to let us know if ANYONE is available. How desperate does that sound??

Shocking piece of tabloid journalism from the local kiss-ass rag.  There''s a good reason I pay no attention to either the EDP or EEN (or even Pinkun) news stories most of the time!

But more shocking is that Worthy has just "made a call" to see if we can get "anyone".  Smacks of desperation!

I think that this is a jerk re action by the club to cover up for the stuff in yesturdays press about worthys frustration at not signing anybody and his moan about lack of funds. Another bit of tiresome spin. No-where does it actually say that we have inquired about Walcott. It''s just a general call to the gunners on the lines of have you got any one that you would let us borrow please. The worrying thing is, there is no planning in this approach. No identification I transfer targets that are needed by the club. Just a get more bodies in to fill the squad and make up the numbers. Maybe thats why Johansson and Rehman arrived last season on loan and did not play. Maybe it was this kind of approach that saw the arrival of Jarrett and him being such a flop.

Plus his comments on it''s getting to late to sign anybody if we want them ready for the new season, as they wont have time to settle in and get up to our fitness levels and all that stuff.  This is the same manager who was saying not so long ago that nobody signs players at this time of year while all other clubs were out buying players! Make your mind up worthy.

What is really going on? It''s not smelling to good at the moment.

Are we broke. If so why did we spend 3.5m on Earnshaw?

Do the board no longer trust worthy with the cash. Then why is he still manager then?

Or do nobody want to join us?

I think the fans are owed some sort of an exclamation. A trueful one at that.

Shame that the EDP should do such a thing. Stick to protocol I say.

They should sign up on yet another anonymous name and post the ''story'' up on this forum.

Possibly with a bit more embellishment and a considerable amount more condemnation.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Apart from the fact it is a dead cert Theo Walcott is not going to be going on loan to a championship side.

[/quote]

Wanna bet?

Not saying it''ll be us, but I''d say the chances of him being loaned out this season are pretty high.

I normally enjoy reading some of the articles

published on the Pink''un website but today''s story by Chris Lakey

regarding us signing Theo Walcott for a season loan is ridiculous.

Nigel Worthington never mentioned Mr Walcott once in his comments and

to tease the Norwich City fans, who have been waiting for a new signing

since the end of last season, with the signing of one of English

football brightest stars, England''s Theo Walcott, is just bad

journalism.

If he can back up his comments with hard facts that Nigel Worthington

has said he has enquired about Walcott on a season loan, then why not

say so? It seems the whole article is based on Worthington''s capture of

David Bentley a couple of seasons ago, which has nothing to do with

this season. What a bizarre story!

Anyone else agree?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

Apart from the fact it is a dead cert Theo Walcott is not going to be going on loan to a championship side.

[/quote]

Wanna bet?
Not saying it''ll be us, but I''d say the chances of him being loaned out this season are pretty high.
[/quote]

Totally agree Herb, I would have thought he would go to another premiership club however - perhaps one of the promoted sides??

One thing is for certain, he won''t be getting many games for Arsenal while he''s behind Henry, Adeboye, and Van Persie, to name but 3.

Yeah its just a blatant headline to sell papers. I''m glad I read the EDP on-line and don''t have to pay for it!

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

I think that this is a jerk re action by the club to cover up for the stuff in yesturdays press about worthys frustration at not signing anybody and his moan about lack of funds. Another bit of tiresome spin. No-where does it actually say that we have inquired about Walcott. It''s just a general call to the gunners on the lines of have you got any one that you would let us borrow please. The worrying thing is, there is no planning in this approach. No identification I transfer targets that are needed by the club. Just a get more bodies in to fill the squad and make up the numbers. Maybe thats why Johansson and Rehman arrived last season on loan and did not play. Maybe it was this kind of approach that saw the arrival of Jarrett and him being such a flop.

Plus his comments on it''s getting to late to sign anybody if we want them ready for the new season, as they wont have time to settle in and get up to our fitness levels and all that stuff.  This is the same manager who was saying not so long ago that nobody signs players at this time of year while all other clubs were out buying players! Make your mind up worthy.

What is really going on? It''s not smelling to good at the moment.

Are we broke. If so why did we spend 3.5m on Earnshaw?

Do the board no longer trust worthy with the cash. Then why is he still manager then?

Or do nobody want to join us?

I think the fans are owed some sort of an exclamation. A trueful one at that.

[/quote]

Well said, I also think that the Walcott interest could be to put a smile on the faces of some of the fans who may be planning to protest tonight.

I would rather the EDP provided probing articles on what is going wrong at Carrow Road ( i.e fans unhappiness, lack of signings, amount of debt etc. ), instead of this non-story about Walcott.

Why won''t Archant allow investigative journalism when it comes to NCFC? It has a duty to the public. My guess is that Archant doesn''t want to know, though I''d love to be proved wrong.

Maybe a member of the web team can explain why this appears to be the case?

"some of the fans who may be planning to protest tonight " You''ll have to bus them in because in this part of Norfolk we don''t follow the ''hate the club'' line that seems to be popular with the various fans on this board.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

Wanna bet?
[/quote]

something tells me that if he did go on loan it would only be back to southampton.... family/friends etc

jas :)

" Why won''t Archant allow investigative journalism when it comes to NCFC? It has a duty to the public."

That supposes then that all the old guff on here about City being bankrupt, the board withholding money from Worthington and Delia running off with the cutlery from the executive suite is nothing but unfounded rubbish.

Otherwise what would be the point of this propposed investigative journalism if all the ills have already been posted up on here ?

I''ve got a feeling he is originally from Reading, a year there under Steve Coppell should help his development.

Mark .Y.

The talk is of him going on a years loan to The baggies to sweeten the Curtis Davies deal. 8 million quid for a defender and the loan of Walcott, not bad business for a Championship Club......... One out, one in and still 8 mill plus the parachute payment to play with, you''d have to fancy their chances of going back up.

[quote user="monty"]The talk is of him going on a years loan to The baggies to sweeten the Curtis Davies deal. 8 million quid for a defender and the loan of Walcott, not bad business for a Championship Club......... One out, one in and still 8 mill plus the parachute payment to play with, you''d have to fancy their chances of going back up.[/quote]

This is what makes me angry, good young players like Curtis Davis, playing down the road at Luton, overlooked by us whilst they were in a lower division, Freddy Eastwood, overlooked last summer when he would have been relatoively cheap, Halford and  Danns .

Alan Pardew brought good hungry young players to West Ham, we have brought players whom we are not going to get our money back on.  

Good young players are an investment.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="monty"]The talk is of him going on a years loan to The baggies to sweeten the Curtis Davies deal. 8 million quid for a defender and the loan of Walcott, not bad business for a Championship Club......... One out, one in and still 8 mill plus the parachute payment to play with, you''d have to fancy their chances of going back up.[/quote]

This is what makes me angry, good young players like Curtis Davis, playing down the road at Luton, overlooked by us whilst they were in a lower division, Freddy Eastwood, overlooked last summer when he would have been relatoively cheap, Halford and  Danns .

Alan Pardew brought good hungry young players to West Ham, we have brought players whom we are not going to get our money back on.  

Good young players are an investment.

[/quote]

Hamilton bought hungry, young players it got us nowhere. 

You can''t deny Paul, that Muryne was young and very, very very hungry.  I''ve never seen a kebab eaten so quickly!

I wouldn''t mind having him on loan, but buying him is a waste of money. He has alot of talent so he would cost a fair bit.. and then would be off on the first chance for a prem move.

We have alot of strikers anyway.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]Hamilton bought hungry, young players it got us nowhere. 

You can''t deny Paul, that Muryne was young and very, very very hungry.  I''ve never seen a kebab eaten so quickly!

[/quote]

Mulryne might not be young anymore - but he is hungrier than ever by the looks of things!!! [pi][pi][pi][pi]

Who did Hamilton Buy and loan??

Fernando DerveldHaarlemFree22-03-2000
Paul McVeighTottenhamNominal23-03-2000
Raimond De WaardCambuur£ 22500023-03-2000
Steen NedergaardOdenseFree09-06-2000
Gaetano GiallanzaNantesFree01-07-2000

Brian McGovernArsenal£ 5000021-08-2000
Tony CotteeLeicesterFree11-09-2000
Steve WalshLeicesterSigned15-09-2000
Alex NotmanMan Utd£ 25000028-11-2000

Loans

Garry BradyNewcastle21-03-200008-05-2000